Target

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Allentown, PA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Interview Details – A tough interview with a pannel of three or more management heads and executive leaders.

Interview Question – What are you expectations for yourself in the future and how do you plan to obtain them?   View Answer

Canton, MI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was called and given a phone interview. I was then emailed a link to complete a personality test. I was then called back to schedule a 1:1.

The 1:1 interview was held in a small office with no windows. I interviewed with two store managers, then with two regional managers. There were no questions about previous work experience, only questions about what I've done in certain situations. There was no way to speak about how you would help the company or how your skills would transfer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went beyond the call of duty   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with someone and how you handled it   Answer Question

Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in May 2012.

Interview Details – The environment was professional and emphasized a team ethos. The facility was very clean and felt like people cared about where they worked. Overall, the experience was positive and the team genuinely wanted to know about your experiences through situations you've dealt with.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation when a co-worker confronted you in front of others.   Answer Question

Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter who had seen my resume. Offered the opportunity to interview while at a Job Fair. Questions were very situation-oriented. They were also very personality-based and sought results.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major difference in opinion you may have had with a superior or peer, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Provide an example of a decision you made that had implications for the future.   Answer Question

Management

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I attended a Career Fair through campus and left my resume. I was contacted a week later through an email telling me that if I was still interested, they would like to meet with me at a local cafe. It was a very casual meeting, hardly an interview, I might add. It was more of a meet and greet. It was an opportunity for me to tell them about my interests and a chance for me to learn about what I may be getting into.

Interview Question – What interested you in this position?   View Answer

Management

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was straight forward, but I was not told that I would have multiple interviews on the same day. I literally went from one to the next, which I wasn't prepared for. Additionally, I was not told that I would receive an email that I needed to respond to as part of the process. I overlooked it due to high volume in my inbox, and did not notice it until I received an email saying that I was not being offered the position.

Interview Question – I was asked a variety of behavioral based questions regarding past experiences.   Answer Question

Management

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Interview Details – Met with Store Leader, that was painless. Then after two weeks was scheduled for my first of three interviews, interview is based wholly on behavioral questions. Should be interesting, will return with experience soon.

Interview Question – What kinds of challenges did you face on your last job? Give an example of how you handled them.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!