Target

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The pyschological evaluation is a joke, the workplace simulation worse. Interview took 6 hours plus an hour for lunch. Would be better served eliminating the expense of the evaluation to determine fit with a disfunctional work environment and focus on building a fun place to work. Managers are only people managers and have no encouraged ability to contribute if your a working manager this is not the place for you.

Interview Question – the 80 degree room for the evaluation made the whole experience a bad one, should have known from that it was a bad fit for me.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – A lot of planning

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was impressed with the initial offer. Didn't negotiate.

Castle Rock, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – They ask a lot of questions, not about the person specifically; all of their questions are "what would you do in this really specific situation?" type questions. Get some pre decided answers ready; ie. "what was a time that you made a mistake and then corrected it? What was the outcome?"

Interview Question – I did not like the specific questions, also I was very surprised when they said the interview was over and then they sent in a 3rd interviewer to talk ask questions for another 30 minutes. I felt the whole thing was very un-organized.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Interview Details – Target goes out of their way to screen and find individuals that are a fit for Target's culture. Technical know-how can always be taught. Convey your ability to self-assess well, and adapt. Communicated by being concise and to the point. Being overly confident and "showy" is not viewed as favorable.

Interview Question – How would you provide upper management/ senior leadership with feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Austin, TX

I interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview and then two in person interviews.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard

Harvey, LA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process consists of three interviews. Each interview asks 3-4 situational questions.

Interview Question – Discuss a time when you and another manager had a conflict.   View Answer

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of Behavioral questions. They were really helpful with the next interview once you made it to the next step but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted!

Interview Question – What are your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online at Target.com website and was contacted by HR in 2 days and was set up for a personal interview after a week. and was given with about 7 hrs of pre work before the interview and it was Time limited ranging from analystical to logical thinknig and vocabulary as well as personal objectives and expereince. Interview was for whole day and with multiple senior leaders in the team and also included a case study with a third party consulting firm. After a week, i was informed that they found some one else that aptly suited for the position.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

DFW, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and about three weeks later I received a phone call from a manager. She was very pleasant. She gave me a phone interview that was very generic about why applied and so forth. Then she scheduled me for a face to face interview with a colleague. Upon my arrival to the store, I was made to wait for the idiot, I mean interviewer, for over an hour. I should have left. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then I never heard from them again.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to resolve conflict between coworkers.   View Answer

Charleston, SC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by a mutual aquaintance. I telephoned about the job opening and a message was taken. I received a phone call back and was given a brief phone interview. I was then informed that I needed to fill out a form online and was scheduled for an face to face interview the next day. I was given a skills test once I arrived of math questions, etc and the interviewer gave me several hypothetical situations. What would I do if the customer was upset, etc. I was told that I would hear back from them in a few days, and I never did.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a task that you have completed at your previous job and what were the steps that you took to complete that task?   View Answer
  • How did you handle a customer complaint that got out of hand?   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!