Target Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Very Structured, Behavior based interview. Be prepared to answer 5-10 questions that detail how you get along with others, manage conflict and improve operations. It is advisable to really understand what Target stands for and how you can fit into their structure.

Interview Questions
  • Use a response format that will detail the situation, action and result   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

The pyschological evaluation is a joke, the workplace simulation worse. Interview took 6 hours plus an hour for lunch. Would be better served eliminating the expense of the evaluation to determine fit with a disfunctional work environment and focus on building a fun place to work. Managers are only people managers and have no encouraged ability to contribute if your a working manager this is not the place for you.

Interview Questions
    • the 80 degree room for the evaluation made the whole experience a bad one, should have known from that it was a bad fit for me.   Answer Question

A lot of planning

Interview Questions
    I was impressed with the initial offer. Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

They ask a lot of questions, not about the person specifically; all of their questions are "what would you do in this really specific situation?" type questions. Get some pre decided answers ready; ie. "what was a time that you made a mistake and then corrected it? What was the outcome?"

Interview Questions
    • I did not like the specific questions, also I was very surprised when they said the interview was over and then they sent in a 3rd interviewer to talk ask questions for another 30 minutes. I felt the whole thing was very un-organized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2011.

Lots of Behavioral questions. They were really helpful with the next interview once you made it to the next step but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2010.

Applied online at Target.com website and was contacted by HR in 2 days and was set up for a personal interview after a week. and was given with about 7 hrs of pre work before the interview and it was Time limited ranging from analystical to logical thinknig and vocabulary as well as personal objectives and expereince. Interview was for whole day and with multiple senior leaders in the team and also included a case study with a third party consulting firm. After a week, i was informed that they found some one else that aptly suited for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview process consists of three interviews. Each interview asks 3-4 situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you and another manager had a conflict.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Had a brief phone interview and then two in person interviews.

Standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2010.

I was referred to the company by a mutual aquaintance. I telephoned about the job opening and a message was taken. I received a phone call back and was given a brief phone interview. I was then informed that I needed to fill out a form online and was scheduled for an face to face interview the next day. I was given a skills test once I arrived of math questions, etc and the interviewer gave me several hypothetical situations. What would I do if the customer was upset, etc. I was told that I would hear back from them in a few days, and I never did.

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example of a task that you have completed at your previous job and what were the steps that you took to complete that task?   View Answer
    • How did you handle a customer complaint that got out of hand?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2009.

Target goes out of their way to screen and find individuals that are a fit for Target's culture. Technical know-how can always be taught. Convey your ability to self-assess well, and adapt. Communicated by being concise and to the point. Being overly confident and "showy" is not viewed as favorable.

Interview Questions
    • How would you provide upper management/ senior leadership with feedback?   Answer Question