Target Manager Interview Questions

3.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

The pyschological evaluation is a joke, the workplace simulation worse. Interview took 6 hours plus an hour for lunch. Would be better served eliminating the expense of the evaluation to determine fit with a disfunctional work environment and focus on building a fun place to work. Managers are only people managers and have no encouraged ability to contribute if your a working manager this is not the place for you.

Interview Questions
  • the 80 degree room for the evaluation made the whole experience a bad one, should have known from that it was a bad fit for me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

A lot of planning

Interview Questions
    I was impressed with the initial offer. Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Castle Rock, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

They ask a lot of questions, not about the person specifically; all of their questions are "what would you do in this really specific situation?" type questions. Get some pre decided answers ready; ie. "what was a time that you made a mistake and then corrected it? What was the outcome?"

Interview Questions
    • I did not like the specific questions, also I was very surprised when they said the interview was over and then they sent in a 3rd interviewer to talk ask questions for another 30 minutes. I felt the whole thing was very un-organized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Target goes out of their way to screen and find individuals that are a fit for Target's culture. Technical know-how can always be taught. Convey your ability to self-assess well, and adapt. Communicated by being concise and to the point. Being overly confident and "showy" is not viewed as favorable.

Interview Questions
    • How would you provide upper management/ senior leadership with feedback?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Had a brief phone interview and then two in person interviews.

Standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harvey, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview process consists of three interviews. Each interview asks 3-4 situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you and another manager had a conflict.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

Lots of Behavioral questions. They were really helpful with the next interview once you made it to the next step but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Applied online at Target.com website and was contacted by HR in 2 days and was set up for a personal interview after a week. and was given with about 7 hrs of pre work before the interview and it was Time limited ranging from analystical to logical thinknig and vocabulary as well as personal objectives and expereince. Interview was for whole day and with multiple senior leaders in the team and also included a case study with a third party consulting firm. After a week, i was informed that they found some one else that aptly suited for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2009.

I submitted my resume and about three weeks later I received a phone call from a manager. She was very pleasant. She gave me a phone interview that was very generic about why applied and so forth. Then she scheduled me for a face to face interview with a colleague. Upon my arrival to the store, I was made to wait for the idiot, I mean interviewer, for over an hour. I should have left. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to resolve conflict between coworkers.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

I was referred to the company by a mutual aquaintance. I telephoned about the job opening and a message was taken. I received a phone call back and was given a brief phone interview. I was then informed that I needed to fill out a form online and was scheduled for an face to face interview the next day. I was given a skills test once I arrived of math questions, etc and the interviewer gave me several hypothetical situations. What would I do if the customer was upset, etc. I was told that I would hear back from them in a few days, and I never did.

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example of a task that you have completed at your previous job and what were the steps that you took to complete that task?   View Answer
    • How did you handle a customer complaint that got out of hand?   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!