Target Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.5

Manager Interview

Interview

Very Structured, Behavior based interview. Be prepared to answer 5-10 questions that detail how you get along with others, manage conflict and improve operations. It is advisable to really understand what Target stands for and how you can fit into their structure.

Interview Questions

• Use a response format that will detail the situation, action and result   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The pyschological evaluation is a joke, the workplace simulation worse. Interview took 6 hours plus an hour for lunch. Would be better served eliminating the expense of the evaluation to determine fit with a disfunctional work environment and focus on building a fun place to work. Managers are only people managers and have no encouraged ability to contribute if your a working manager this is not the place for you.

Interview Questions

• the 80 degree room for the evaluation made the whole experience a bad one, should have known from that it was a bad fit for me.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

A lot of planning

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was impressed with the initial offer. Didn't negotiate.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Castle Rock, CO).

Interview

They ask a lot of questions, not about the person specifically; all of their questions are "what would you do in this really specific situation?" type questions. Get some pre decided answers ready; ie. "what was a time that you made a mistake and then corrected it? What was the outcome?"

Interview Questions

• I did not like the specific questions, also I was very surprised when they said the interview was over and then they sent in a 3rd interviewer to talk ask questions for another 30 minutes. I felt the whole thing was very un-organized.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviews are usually conducted with two manager level employees.
    All behavior based questions where they ask the "Tell me about a time....." Very heavy into collaboration type questions and conflict resolution. Tell me about a time where you had to stand ground or persuade your boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time where you had to collaborate across departments, what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Lots of Behavioral questions. They were really helpful with the next interview once you made it to the next step but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online at Target.com website and was contacted by HR in 2 days and was set up for a personal interview after a week. and was given with about 7 hrs of pre work before the interview and it was Time limited ranging from analystical to logical thinknig and vocabulary as well as personal objectives and expereince. Interview was for whole day and with multiple senior leaders in the team and also included a case study with a third party consulting firm. After a week, i was informed that they found some one else that aptly suited for the position.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Harvey, LA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process consists of three interviews. Each interview asks 3-4 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you and another manager had a conflict.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview and then two in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Charleston, SC) in March 2010.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a mutual aquaintance. I telephoned about the job opening and a message was taken. I received a phone call back and was given a brief phone interview. I was then informed that I needed to fill out a form online and was scheduled for an face to face interview the next day. I was given a skills test once I arrived of math questions, etc and the interviewer gave me several hypothetical situations. What would I do if the customer was upset, etc. I was told that I would hear back from them in a few days, and I never did.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a task that you have completed at your previous job and what were the steps that you took to complete that task?   1 Answer
    • How did you handle a customer complaint that got out of hand?   1 Answer