Target Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

3.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Target does situation/behavior/outcome questions. Be prepared to offer specific examples of what you did, how you did it and how things turned out. The examples don't have to be complex, but be prepared for lots of follow up questions about how you handled or responded to a situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to offer feedback to a colleague.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Interview

SBO - Scenario, Behavior, Outcome - tell me about a time when... If whomever is interviewing you starts asking follow up questions, you likely are not using the format SBO or not providing the right level of detail

Manager Interview

Interview

Very Structured, Behavior based interview. Be prepared to answer 5-10 questions that detail how you get along with others, manage conflict and improve operations. It is advisable to really understand what Target stands for and how you can fit into their structure.

Interview Questions

• Use a response format that will detail the situation, action and result   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The pyschological evaluation is a joke, the workplace simulation worse. Interview took 6 hours plus an hour for lunch. Would be better served eliminating the expense of the evaluation to determine fit with a disfunctional work environment and focus on building a fun place to work. Managers are only people managers and have no encouraged ability to contribute if your a working manager this is not the place for you.

Interview Questions

• the 80 degree room for the evaluation made the whole experience a bad one, should have known from that it was a bad fit for me.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

A lot of planning

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was impressed with the initial offer. Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Castle Rock, CO).

Interview

They ask a lot of questions, not about the person specifically; all of their questions are "what would you do in this really specific situation?" type questions. Get some pre decided answers ready; ie. "what was a time that you made a mistake and then corrected it? What was the outcome?"

Interview Questions

• I did not like the specific questions, also I was very surprised when they said the interview was over and then they sent in a 3rd interviewer to talk ask questions for another 30 minutes. I felt the whole thing was very un-organized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviews are usually conducted with two manager level employees. All behavior based questions where they ask the "Tell me about a time....." Very heavy into collaboration type questions and conflict resolution. Tell me about a time where you had to stand ground or persuade your boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time where you had to collaborate across departments, what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen with the HR Recruiter. The next steps was a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager along with additional one-on-one interviews with key stakeholders. The final interview was more informal in nature with the Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when it was difficult, yet necessary, for you to relay information in a truthful and direct manner?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate as I was offered a reasonable salary.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Lots of Behavioral questions. They were really helpful with the next interview once you made it to the next step but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online at Target.com website and was contacted by HR in 2 days and was set up for a personal interview after a week. and was given with about 7 hrs of pre work before the interview and it was Time limited ranging from analystical to logical thinknig and vocabulary as well as personal objectives and expereince. Interview was for whole day and with multiple senior leaders in the team and also included a case study with a third party consulting firm. After a week, i was informed that they found some one else that aptly suited for the position.