Target Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Harvey, LA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process consists of three interviews. Each interview asks 3-4 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you and another manager had a conflict.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview and then two in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Charleston, SC) in March 2010.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a mutual aquaintance. I telephoned about the job opening and a message was taken. I received a phone call back and was given a brief phone interview. I was then informed that I needed to fill out a form online and was scheduled for an face to face interview the next day. I was given a skills test once I arrived of math questions, etc and the interviewer gave me several hypothetical situations. What would I do if the customer was upset, etc. I was told that I would hear back from them in a few days, and I never did.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a task that you have completed at your previous job and what were the steps that you took to complete that task?   1 Answer
    • How did you handle a customer complaint that got out of hand?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Target goes out of their way to screen and find individuals that are a fit for Target's culture. Technical know-how can always be taught. Convey your ability to self-assess well, and adapt. Communicated by being concise and to the point. Being overly confident and "showy" is not viewed as favorable.

Interview Questions

• How would you provide upper management/ senior leadership with feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (DFW, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume and about three weeks later I received a phone call from a manager. She was very pleasant. She gave me a phone interview that was very generic about why applied and so forth. Then she scheduled me for a face to face interview with a colleague. Upon my arrival to the store, I was made to wait for the idiot, I mean interviewer, for over an hour. I should have left. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to resolve conflict between coworkers.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Bangalore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

SBO (Situation Behaviour Outcome) pattern Describe the situation in detail Explain the behaviour displayed by the team member for that particular situation (More weightage given to this part) Describe the outcome and key learnings if any

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation/project and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

There are generally two phone interviews and a third in person interview. The questions are situation based and you can google to get a feel for what kind of questions you need to prepare for. If your applying for management google leadership and reaction type questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question most people run into is recalling a moment when you were wrong/made a mistake and whether or not you owned up to it and the outcome of that situation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview

I met with Target at my school's career/job fair in the fall of 2011. I spoke with a recruiter and gave them my resume. Shortly after I received an email about an upcoming store tour and information session at the local target in the area. After the tour, interview schedules were discussed and area preferences. I then had my round one interview on campus with the store manager and another team leader who sat and took notes. The interview consisted of basic behavior type questions using the STAR method, Situation, Task, Action you took, and Result. I then was called back for a second round consisting of two interviews back to back again on campus. Same type of questions along with the basic tell me about yourself. Why target? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? After that I was called for a third round phone interview. Same type questions. The whole process was about a month long and in the end I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision with little information.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview

Overall, the interview experience was a mix of IQ tests and Situational analysis. This was my first time ever going through this process. Indeed I learned a great deal about myself and was pleased with the post consultation from the outside agency that conducted the testing. However, I got the feeling that a candidate had been selected and I was being interviewed to simply “check the box.” As for the atmosphere, it was rather stoic for a CPG company – which was a surprise.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview

I received an email from one of Target's talent scouts who scheduled a phone interview with me for the following day. Two days after the initial phone interview I received a call from the HR manager located in a store within my area and a face to face interview was scheduled. This interview consisted of three separate one on one interviews that was conducted by an Assistant Manager, an HR Manager and the Store Manager. All the questions asked were read from a script and all of the managers were cordial and pleasant. After the interview I was scheduled for another interview which was scheduled for the following week. I am still in the process of being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you disagreed with the company's policy and how did you handle the matter? What was the outcome?   Answer Question