Target

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – There are generally two phone interviews and a third in person interview. The questions are situation based and you can google to get a feel for what kind of questions you need to prepare for. If your applying for management google leadership and reaction type questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult question most people run into is recalling a moment when you were wrong/made a mistake and whether or not you owned up to it and the outcome of that situation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met with Target at my school's career/job fair in the fall of 2011. I spoke with a recruiter and gave them my resume. Shortly after I received an email about an upcoming store tour and information session at the local target in the area. After the tour, interview schedules were discussed and area preferences. I then had my round one interview on campus with the store manager and another team leader who sat and took notes. The interview consisted of basic behavior type questions using the STAR method, Situation, Task, Action you took, and Result. I then was called back for a second round consisting of two interviews back to back again on campus. Same type of questions along with the basic tell me about yourself. Why target? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? After that I was called for a third round phone interview. Same type questions. The whole process was about a month long and in the end I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision with little information.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Interview Details – The company sent out emails to set up interviews. There obtain my email through the career fair when I gave my resume to the representatives. The company seemed great but I questioned if you needed a degree for applying/being hired for the position.

Interview Question – Tell a time you were a leader and what have you learned from this leadership.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, the interview experience was a mix of IQ tests and Situational analysis. This was my first time ever going through this process. Indeed I learned a great deal about myself and was pleased with the post consultation from the outside agency that conducted the testing. However, I got the feeling that a candidate had been selected and I was being interviewed to simply “check the box.” As for the atmosphere, it was rather stoic for a CPG company – which was a surprise.

Interview Question – IQ Test - extreme vocabulary and critical thinking   Answer Question

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in June 2009.

Interview Details – I had to complete an appplciation which was reviewed on the stop. After passing the visual review I asked some questions and then given a time to report another interview. I showed for that time which I had stand in a long line, my paper work reviewed again by someone else I was given more papers tom complete. I was then eventuall asked to wait in another a line after watching a moive about the company and its orign. I was sat a table with two managers whom asked me a series of questions about my experince, ethics etc. I was then told I would receive a notice in the mail.

Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email from one of Target's talent scouts who scheduled a phone interview with me for the following day. Two days after the initial phone interview I received a call from the HR manager located in a store within my area and a face to face interview was scheduled. This interview consisted of three separate one on one interviews that was conducted by an Assistant Manager, an HR Manager and the Store Manager. All the questions asked were read from a script and all of the managers were cordial and pleasant. After the interview I was scheduled for another interview which was scheduled for the following week. I am still in the process of being interviewed.

Interview Question – Tell of a time when you disagreed with the company's policy and how did you handle the matter? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in August 2008.

Interview Details – Behavior Based Interview questions
Skills and Psychological tests
Be careful about paygrade assumptions

Interview Question – Describe a time when you managed talent   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in May 2009.

Interview Details – the interviewing process is sort of intense, I had 3 or 4 interview within that 2 hours. I just remebered I kept talking. And then the final round is at the district office. they like jokes and its part of their culture. Generally I like the people there, but sometimes things are just getting slower.

Interview Question – tell me a situation that you face a challenge and overcome it.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in August 2009.

Interview Details – This process took a long time. There would be weeks before I would move onto the next interview. The interviewing process was somewhat hard. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and could use real life experiences to answer questions. Patience is the key during this process.

Interview Question – Tell be about a time when you accomplished something.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2009.

Interview Details – Company does great at recruiting but for some reason when I went through the interview process that was the end of it. Both of my 1 on 1 interviews at the store location went well but I never did receive the job and wasn't given a reason. I think a lot of companies do the same thing. HR is good at filling the pipeline full of prospects. However, when it comes time to hiring they have to find ways to weed people out. I just wish they would at least give a reason why they didn't decide to proceed with my application. Target isn't the only company that I've experienced this with. I've also experienced this with Home Depot and Walmart. Could it be that is just how the large retail businesses operate? I'm not sure. In any case...Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had a conflict with a superior and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you failed and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target