Target

3.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2009.

I submitted my resume and about three weeks later I received a phone call from a manager. She was very pleasant. She gave me a phone interview that was very generic about why applied and so forth. Then she scheduled me for a face to face interview with a colleague. Upon my arrival to the store, I was made to wait for the idiot, I mean interviewer, for over an hour. I should have left. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you had to resolve conflict between coworkers.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Manager Interview

There are generally two phone interviews and a third in person interview. The questions are situation based and you can google to get a feel for what kind of questions you need to prepare for. If your applying for management google leadership and reaction type questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question most people run into is recalling a moment when you were wrong/made a mistake and whether or not you owned up to it and the outcome of that situation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

I met with Target at my school's career/job fair in the fall of 2011. I spoke with a recruiter and gave them my resume. Shortly after I received an email about an upcoming store tour and information session at the local target in the area. After the tour, interview schedules were discussed and area preferences. I then had my round one interview on campus with the store manager and another team leader who sat and took notes. The interview consisted of basic behavior type questions using the STAR method, Situation, Task, Action you took, and Result. I then was called back for a second round consisting of two interviews back to back again on campus. Same type of questions along with the basic tell me about yourself. Why target? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? After that I was called for a third round phone interview. Same type questions. The whole process was about a month long and in the end I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision with little information.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

Overall, the interview experience was a mix of IQ tests and Situational analysis. This was my first time ever going through this process. Indeed I learned a great deal about myself and was pleased with the post consultation from the outside agency that conducted the testing. However, I got the feeling that a candidate had been selected and I was being interviewed to simply “check the box.” As for the atmosphere, it was rather stoic for a CPG company – which was a surprise.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in April 2011.

I received an email from one of Target's talent scouts who scheduled a phone interview with me for the following day. Two days after the initial phone interview I received a call from the HR manager located in a store within my area and a face to face interview was scheduled. This interview consisted of three separate one on one interviews that was conducted by an Assistant Manager, an HR Manager and the Store Manager. All the questions asked were read from a script and all of the managers were cordial and pleasant. After the interview I was scheduled for another interview which was scheduled for the following week. I am still in the process of being interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time when you disagreed with the company's policy and how did you handle the matter? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in May 2010.

The company sent out emails to set up interviews. There obtain my email through the career fair when I gave my resume to the representatives. The company seemed great but I questioned if you needed a degree for applying/being hired for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time you were a leader and what have you learned from this leadership.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in August 2009.

This process took a long time. There would be weeks before I would move onto the next interview. The interviewing process was somewhat hard. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and could use real life experiences to answer questions. Patience is the key during this process.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in June 2009.

I had to complete an appplciation which was reviewed on the stop. After passing the visual review I asked some questions and then given a time to report another interview. I showed for that time which I had stand in a long line, my paper work reviewed again by someone else I was given more papers tom complete. I was then eventuall asked to wait in another a line after watching a moive about the company and its orign. I was sat a table with two managers whom asked me a series of questions about my experince, ethics etc. I was then told I would receive a notice in the mail.

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in May 2009.

the interviewing process is sort of intense, I had 3 or 4 interview within that 2 hours. I just remebered I kept talking. And then the final round is at the district office. they like jokes and its part of their culture. Generally I like the people there, but sometimes things are just getting slower.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a situation that you face a challenge and overcome it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2009.

Company does great at recruiting but for some reason when I went through the interview process that was the end of it. Both of my 1 on 1 interviews at the store location went well but I never did receive the job and wasn't given a reason. I think a lot of companies do the same thing. HR is good at filling the pipeline full of prospects. However, when it comes time to hiring they have to find ways to weed people out. I just wish they would at least give a reason why they didn't decide to proceed with my application. Target isn't the only company that I've experienced this with. I've also experienced this with Home Depot and Walmart. Could it be that is just how the large retail businesses operate? I'm not sure. In any case...Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you had a conflict with a superior and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and what you did about it.   Answer Question