Target Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

3.1

Retail Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target (Collierville, TN).

Interview

It begins with an application filled out at a kiosk and then having it reviewed by HR who contact you if they are interested and then bring you in for an interview with three different managers. They gave an interesting outlook of the company which encouraged me to move forward.

Interview Questions

• I couldn't think of one that was considered difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation to speak of. The terms were a constantly changing schedule starting at minimum wage and that I would go through training for a week and start work afterwards.

Senior Team LEader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Interview with store executives and store manager. Approval gets you interview with District leader. Interviews consist of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle timelines that you know you won't meet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer that you could take or decline.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for phone interview on a Tuesday for an interview on the phone the next day. The phone interview had questions like 'Why do you want to at Target' etc... Phone interview ended after around 20 minutes. Was contacted again roughly an hour later to schedule an interview at the store. I went to the store to watch video summary of the job and take assessment concerning situation in the store about coworkers and various math questions reading graphs. The only real negative about the experience is having to wait to afterwards to be interviewed individually. I understand doing this for convenience but its not courteous to the applicants. I did not feel rushed by the interviewers when the time came to ask my questions. I did not receive an offer as I received the rejection email today. But two days later I received a call to come in for a job offer. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about if an item rings up for a certain price but the customer insists it is another and what I would do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

I got the call to come in for an interview on a Wednesday. I came in for the interview on a Friday. I took an assessment test and got interviewed by 2 separate people. I got offered the job shortly after.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

STAR Interview - very formal and not laid back

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lead a team and something unexpected happened?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

1. Understand their cultures..they like fast, fun, and friendly people
    2. all their questions revolve around leadership
    * What's the situation *what did you do? *what was the result?
    3. typical scenario questions: helping someone, overcome differences, was a leader in a project, screwed up, biggest accomplishment,

Food Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in November 2008.

Interview

put an application online and the next day they call me in for an interview. I came in and told customer service i have an interview and they let me thought the door. the lady at the desk ask me to sit down. I wait about 5 mintues until i got interview. One manager ask me regular standard questions. She told me another lady will interview me. This lady ask me more behavior questions. After i finish my questions, they offer me the job and i accept. They told me the time of oretation and when to take my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better as a team or along?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i wish i did i only got 7.25 an hour