Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Team Member Interview

Retail Team Member
Collierville, TN

I applied in-person and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – It begins with an application filled out at a kiosk and then having it reviewed by HR who contact you if they are interested and then bring you in for an interview with three different managers. They gave an interesting outlook of the company which encouraged me to move forward.

Interview Question – I couldn't think of one that was considered difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't any negotiation to speak of. The terms were a constantly changing schedule starting at minimum wage and that I would go through training for a week and start work afterwards.

Senior Team LEader Interview

Senior Team LEader
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview with store executives and store manager. Approval gets you interview with District leader. Interviews consist of situational questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle timelines that you know you won't meet?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer that you could take or decline.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Understand their cultures..they like fast, fun, and friendly people
2. all their questions revolve around leadership
* What's the situation *what did you do? *what was the result?
3. typical scenario questions: helping someone, overcome differences, was a leader in a project, screwed up, biggest accomplishment,

Interview Question – The questions were relatively easy...   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted for phone interview on a Tuesday for an interview on the phone the next day. The phone interview had questions like 'Why do you want to at Target' etc... Phone interview ended after around 20 minutes. Was contacted again roughly an hour later to schedule an interview at the store. I went to the store to watch video summary of the job and take assessment concerning situation in the store about coworkers and various math questions reading graphs. The only real negative about the experience is having to wait to afterwards to be interviewed individually. I understand doing this for convenience but its not courteous to the applicants. I did not feel rushed by the interviewers when the time came to ask my questions. I did not receive an offer as I received the rejection email today. But two days later I received a call to come in for a job offer. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Question – Asked about if an item rings up for a certain price but the customer insists it is another and what I would do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – I got the call to come in for an interview on a Wednesday. I came in for the interview on a Friday. I took an assessment test and got interviewed by 2 separate people. I got offered the job shortly after.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a disorderly customer?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – STAR Interview - very formal and not laid back

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to lead a team and something unexpected happened?   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Food Service
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2008.

Interview Details – put an application online and the next day they call me in for an interview. I came in and told customer service i have an interview and they let me thought the door. the lady at the desk ask me to sit down. I wait about 5 mintues until i got interview. One manager ask me regular standard questions. She told me another lady will interview me. This lady ask me more behavior questions. After i finish my questions, they offer me the job and i accept. They told me the time of oretation and when to take my drug test.

Interview Question – Do you work better as a team or along?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i wish i did i only got 7.25 an hour

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Memphis, TN. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.