Target Merchandising Planning Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went through the referral hiring process. Had one get to know you interview and the second was behavioral based questions. Along with the second interview was a personality and quantitative assessment. You must pass the second interview and both assessments in order to get the last two interviews, which is an all day event at their Corporate headquarters. This consisted of a Business Analyst panel, networking with BA's and Buyers, two interviews with Buyers, and a tour. It takes up to three weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave someone advice or feedback.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Interview

fairly straight forward, SBO based questions. HR will do it in a three round interview style. the first round consists of general get to know your background style questions with a few SBO questions. a week later you will take a test and go through another round of mainly SBO questions. if you make it to the third round you will interview in person with 2 senior buyers and/or directors at HQ in Minneapolis. overall a pretty straightforward interview process. research the company, research SBO format, have 5-6 GREAT examples of things you experienced/did/lead and be able to apply them in multiple different ways. If you do that then you should be a great fit for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, how did you fix it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target (Evanston, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university recruitment. I met the recruiter at the career fair and submitted my resume online through the university career services site. They reached out to me about a week later for an interview on campus. It was 30 minutes all behavioral. Before the interview, I had to complete an online reasoning and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced conflict working in a group   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Info Session at School, submitted a resume online. Followed by a screener aptitude test, and then an in-person interview. The whole process was fairly straightforward and simple. No trick questions, no business cases.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were in a group and they made a decision you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I attended my university's career and applied for a full-time position through my university. I was selected as an alternate for first round interviews. A spot opened up and I attended first rounds. The first round consisted of 4 behavioral (STAR) questions. It was very straight-forward and easy. I had other offers outstanding and the recruiters were very helpful and got back to me within a week. I attended final rounds a week ahead of schedule (again very helpful with my timeline). Final rounds were a super day from 9:15 am - 5 pm. Super day consisted of an analyst panel, guest speaker, building tour, lunch with management, 2 30 min interviews (4 behavior questions each), and a networking reception to wrap up the day. Your final round interviewers tee you up for their business area. My interviewer told me at the reception that he really wanted me to work in his division. If you can voice your preferences early (on campus, ect), you have a better shot of interviewing with them and moving into their division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were passionate about achieving a goal   1 Answer

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard behavioral questions "tell me about a time..." They really like team and collaborative examples. Also, try to use their lingo as much as possible: "the guest", "she wants", "surprise and delight".

Interview Questions

• they were pretty straightforward. They will definitely ask about a time of interpersonal conflict and press you hard on commitment to Minneapolis if you're not from the Midwest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate for this role as they hire in large classes of people for the same role.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Interview

All of my interviews took place by phone because I lived in Philadelphia at the time. There were two phone interviews mostly asking team-oriented questions. After the second interview, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is possibly room to negotiate if you are moving a far distance to work at the headquarters. However, I do not know anyone who negotiated their salary for an entry-level analyst position.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First is mostly about yourself. Second is showing examples of how you are a leader. Then I had to take an online assessment. It included a little basic math and psychological questions. I was then invited to the head quarters for a two one on one interviews. Everyone was very friendly and the interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake and took ownership.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter, he was pretty cool, very responsive in the interview. Passed the phone screening with flying colors, recruiter even expedited the interview process for me. Was told if I passed the assessment I would be flown out. I didn't pass the assessment, it was a super intense critical thinking based assessment that I don't think was that hard I just became a little overwhelmed because it wasn't what I expected based on other reviews I had seen. I'm very confident that if I took it again I would do just fine.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was tough but not impossible. Questions in phone interview were based hypothetical situation and behavioral based.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and application through Target career website. Received an email from a recruiter to setup a short phone interview. The first batch of questions were about interest in the position, the company, and relocation. The second set was a rundown of your resume and other pretty standard questions. The recruiter was very polite in all communication and very transparent about the process