Target

Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

I applied through university recruitment. I met the recruiter at the career fair and submitted my resume online through the university career services site. They reached out to me about a week later for an interview on campus. It was 30 minutes all behavioral. Before the interview, I had to complete an online reasoning and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you faced conflict working in a group   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Info Session at School, submitted a resume online. Followed by a screener aptitude test, and then an in-person interview. The whole process was fairly straightforward and simple. No trick questions, no business cases.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were in a group and they made a decision you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I attended my university's career and applied for a full-time position through my university. I was selected as an alternate for first round interviews. A spot opened up and I attended first rounds. The first round consisted of 4 behavioral (STAR) questions. It was very straight-forward and easy. I had other offers outstanding and the recruiters were very helpful and got back to me within a week. I attended final rounds a week ahead of schedule (again very helpful with my timeline). Final rounds were a super day from 9:15 am - 5 pm. Super day consisted of an analyst panel, guest speaker, building tour, lunch with management, 2 30 min interviews (4 behavior questions each), and a networking reception to wrap up the day.

Your final round interviewers tee you up for their business area. My interviewer told me at the reception that he really wanted me to work in his division. If you can voice your preferences early (on campus, ect), you have a better shot of interviewing with them and moving into their division.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were passionate about achieving a goal   View Answer

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Standard behavioral questions "tell me about a time..." They really like team and collaborative examples. Also, try to use their lingo as much as possible: "the guest", "she wants", "surprise and delight".

Interview Questions
    • they were pretty straightforward. They will definitely ask about a time of interpersonal conflict and press you hard on commitment to Minneapolis if you're not from the Midwest.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate for this role as they hire in large classes of people for the same role.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

All of my interviews took place by phone because I lived in Philadelphia at the time. There were two phone interviews mostly asking team-oriented questions. After the second interview, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    There is possibly room to negotiate if you are moving a far distance to work at the headquarters. However, I do not know anyone who negotiated their salary for an entry-level analyst position.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in June 2014.

Scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter, he was pretty cool, very responsive in the interview. Passed the phone screening with flying colors, recruiter even expedited the interview process for me. Was told if I passed the assessment I would be flown out. I didn't pass the assessment, it was a super intense critical thinking based assessment that I don't think was that hard I just became a little overwhelmed because it wasn't what I expected based on other reviews I had seen. I'm very confident that if I took it again I would do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment was tough but not impossible. Questions in phone interview were based hypothetical situation and behavioral based.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2014.

Submitted resume and application through Target career website. Received an email from a recruiter to setup a short phone interview. The first batch of questions were about interest in the position, the company, and relocation. The second set was a rundown of your resume and other pretty standard questions. The recruiter was very polite in all communication and very transparent about the process

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in June 2013.

Applied through my university, and the recruiter responded in two days asking to set up an preliminary phone interview. The first interview lasted about 30 minutes, including time for questions at the end, and was very informal and conversational. The interviewer was very friendly, which kept the interview from seeming too intimidating. I was then told that within a week I would find out whether I had been chosen to continue on in the process. A week later, we set up a second phone interview, about 30 minutes, that mainly consisted of behavioral questions, in the STAR format. I found out soon after that I had been selected to continue to the final process, which was a full day at the Target HQ in Minneapolis. This final process consisted of 2 1:1 interviews, which was made up of further behavioral and situation based questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your current or previous employers say is your biggest strength, and weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in February 2013.

I applied through my college career fair/career site, and had the interview the following week. There was an assessment you had to take as well - it tested for your work style and your quantitative skills. The night before my interview they had a meet and greet which they say is optional, but it's really not. Take the opportunity to learn more about the company from people who work there, and from people who interned there and were choosing to return there for full-time.

It was a pretty standard behavioral interview. But, it was my one of my first internship interviews ever, and I didn't practice behavioral questions as much as I should have. Also, if you have a major that isn't clearly applicable or related to the position, definitely be prepared to explain your interest and/or how your major does in fact prepare you for the internship. That's what probably got me.

But I really appreciated that the recruiter took the time to call me in order to reject me. Gave me an opportunity to get feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your suggestion or idea received pushback from a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2011.

I went to an information session at my college, applied online by submitting my resume, and received an email saying I needed to complete an intelligence test before the process could continue. There is a pretty difficult math/graph section and an easier (in my opinion) logic section. I found out about a week after submitting my application that I got a first-round interview on campus which consisted of a 1:1 interview with four behavioral-based questions. The interviewer does not respond much to what you say, and just writes a lot, so it is not a very interactive interview at all. This doesn't mean you are not doing well, though. There is time for questions at the end. About 1 week later, I received an email from my recruiter saying I had been selected for 2nd round interviews at headquarters. The interview day at headquarters took place 3 weeks later. It is a full day (9 to 5). Most of the day you ask lots of questions to business analysts, buyers, etc. They provide lunch and do a presentation. Then there are 2, half hour, 4-question behavior based interviews, very similar to the first round. There is a reception at the end of the day with all of the candidates (about 50 of us there on my interview day). I interviewed on a Friday and found on the following Tuesday that I had an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to work with a team to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sort through a lot of difficult information in a short period of time.   Answer Question