Target Interview Questions & Reviews in Minneapolis, MN

3.2

265 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Great reveiw process, very professional, on time and very thorough. When I arrived was greeted by name and treated with respect even though there was no offer made to me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had a customer who had an unrealistic request   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

First I was phone screened by a recruiter, it is important to have someone help you navigate target. A great recruiter is worth his/her weight in gold. I had an excellent one, but I have also met some not so excellent recruiters. They make all the difference! behavior based questions, tell me about a time you had to lead a cross functional team through change? tell me about a time you and a co worker had different approaches to solve the same problem? very typical questions.. also most proud work accomplishment and why

Interview Questions
    • tough when you meet with 3-4 people in one day, 1/2 hour each but some of them ask you the exact same question.. I really thought each person would want something different. only so many examples for the same question.   View Answer
    very thoughtful, everything was a discussion but you also have to understand they have limits within the band you are being hired. My recruiter had these conversation along the way so you are not surprised by the offer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Straight forward process that took one to two weeks after applying online. Basic questions with a group interview first then had a one on one interview with a supervisor. It's an average interview so knowing your stuff and being prepared will get you far. They want to make sure you can speak well and ensure customer satisfaction.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

I applied to Target online on a Tuesday, got emailed back Friday saying they had questions about my application. I called back and they said they wanted to schedule me for an interview. I agreed and it was set for the following Wednesday at the Nicollet Mall Target in Minneapolis. I prepared very well, researching their silly star interview questions and whatnot and I had a good answer for every question they threw at me in the interviews. First I had an interview with a general HR lady, then a second interview with a pharmacist. At the end, she said HR would contact me by the next Wednesday (1 week later). But by Saturday morning they emailed me saying they couldn't offer the position at this time. I guess they didn't think I fit their peppy Target culture well enough. Meh.

Interview Questions
    • 1st interview questions: Tell me about yourself, Name a time when you worked with a team to accomplish a goal, Name a time when you were juggling mutiple tasks and how you handled it, Name a time you went above and beyond your duties. 2nd Interview questions: Why Target? What experience do you have related to this position? Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you deal with it, If we contacted a previous employer what would he say about your strengths, How would you handle a situation where you're working at the cash register when a customer comes up and says a product is $17 but its really $19, How would you handle a situation when there's no shoes of a certain size for a parent's kid, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Hiring process at Target is about 3 weeks. First week you will be going through some aptitude test, verbal reasoning, logical, math and intelligence tests. Second week if you pass you will go through a panel where they will ask you mostly standard interview questions like your strengths and weaknesses, and what do you want to be after five years. And the third weeks is about contract details and meeting the staff. A good way to prepare for the interview is using career and selection books or there are some app's like (the aptitude interview) app in appstore.

Interview Questions
    • At the second week i got a question from the panel interview and it was like sell me your dream, any dream of yours?   Answer Question

Sourcing/Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

The whole process was completed in 3 weeks. First, I had an initial phone screening with basic interview questions. In addition, they made sure I knew how to answer behavioral interview questions and use the SAR method. The in person interview took a whole morning. It consisted of an tour of the headquarter campus and 2 in-person interview. They lasted about 30 minutes and had 3 behavioral interview question. Most scenario questions were basic and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you did not get along with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation, but it is an entry level position

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

The internal interview process for an Analyst to become a Senior Analyst is quite rigorous. In addition to 2-3 real interviews (with people outside of my division and network), Target required 3-4 mock interviews with senior managers within my division. The mock interviews were more stressful than the real interviews because the mock interviewers all have different opinions and ideas as to how I answer questions, including the examples that I use and the level of detail that I share. All of their feedback was given to my senior manager, then relayed to me. The additional people involved in this stressful period added to my tension and made a more nerve-wracking experience out of the situation. Many, many hours were devoted to mock interview preparation, mock interviews, then finally interview preparation. This was an unnecessary time and nerve burden that I didn't appreciate. Rather than celebrate my "wins" I instead learned how to curb and reinvent my "opportunities". Also, before the internal interview is conducted, there is an unwritten consensus as to whether or not an applicant should advance regardless of one's tact under interview fire. As for many things in life, it is all about 'who you know'.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time that you had to work with a difficult manager or person on your team."   View Answer
    There is zero negotiation on the internal promotion path here. Even when I first started, I was told there is zero negotiation for entry level jobs, as the base pay is final.

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

After being referred to the position & applying online, I received an email within one week to schedule a phone interview time. On the phone interview day, the recruiter called me about 10 minutes late. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, including several personal questions along with 2 behavioral based questions. Several weeks later I was invited to the Minneapolis campus for 2 1:1 interviews and a tour of the location. Each of the interviewers were polite & friendly, but seemed to be a bit unprepared. We were told by the recruiter that we would be given a call the next day, and at the very latest Friday (two days later). After hearing no response for several days, I contacted the recruiter who said we would be called within another several days, as he was running very behind. Finally, about a week later, he called 2 other interviewee that I knew to offer them the job. Then he emailed me on a Saturday to let me know that one of my interviewers left the country without turning in my interview materials, so I would be waiting even longer. After about 3 weeks of anxiously waiting, I received a phone call saying I was not offered the job. Overall, the interview process was long, unorganized, and a frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use a creative process to solve an unexpected problem.   Answer Question

Marketing Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Behavior interviewing. Must be comfortable sharing stories about how you had setbacks and overcame them. Need to be as specific as possible with what actions you took and what you learned.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

I initially contacted the company through a campus recruiting event, about a week later they reached out to me for an on-campus interview. The campus recruiter showed a lot of interest and really tried to sell the company. Maybe about one more week passed after the campus interview, and I was advised I would be contacted by a store and a district manager. All the questions that were asked were situation-based. As an international student at the time, the interview with the district manager went a little bit differently, and her main focus was on whether or not I would need sponsorship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you did not agree with a change in policy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!