Target

3.2

280 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview process at Target is daunting at best between the testing, evaluations and numerous interviews. Target spends a lot of money in the process to find candidates that align to the Target brand. Be prepared for both in person & phone interviews, skill tests, personality test, IQ test & drug testing. The results of the above weigh heavier than your experience.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews are established around accessing leadership dimensions utilizing SBO; candidates need to describe a scenario relevant to the question, describe the behaviors that you exhibited in the scenario and then provide the outcome of the scenario. If you can provide clear and concise responses in the SBO format than you are golden.   Answer Question
    Negotiate salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

They take HR very seriously at Target. All day, 8 interviews. About half HR, half potential business colleagues. They have decided to get very up-to-date with their business strategy and the new CEO has people very energized. Even if they ding me I should probably buy the stock.

Interview Questions
    • They threw out the book on behavioral questions. We even joked about it. They just spent time getting to know me and my experience. Very good energy at the HQ. People seemed busy and happy. Remarkably pleasant people and a positive experience.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I attended my university's career and applied for a full-time position through my university. I was selected as an alternate for first round interviews. A spot opened up and I attended first rounds. The first round consisted of 4 behavioral (STAR) questions. It was very straight-forward and easy. I had other offers outstanding and the recruiters were very helpful and got back to me within a week. I attended final rounds a week ahead of schedule (again very helpful with my timeline). Final rounds were a super day from 9:15 am - 5 pm. Super day consisted of an analyst panel, guest speaker, building tour, lunch with management, 2 30 min interviews (4 behavior questions each), and a networking reception to wrap up the day.

Your final round interviewers tee you up for their business area. My interviewer told me at the reception that he really wanted me to work in his division. If you can voice your preferences early (on campus, ect), you have a better shot of interviewing with them and moving into their division.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were passionate about achieving a goal   View Answer

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied for seasonal, and they contacted me three days later to come in for an interview. The day of the interview you have to come in and go on one of their computers before the interview happens and answer a bunch of questions -- a lot of math related questions about logistics. I already knew from someone else that at the interview they have two people talk to you at different times, which happened for me as well. I first spoke with the person in charge of the flow team, then I spoke with the HR person. It was weird because they literally asked me the same exact questions. So it was kind of pointless in that aspect. They do a lot of "tell me a time when" scenarios, and ask about your strengths, weaknesses, why you want to work in that position, why you want to work with target in general. They hired me on the spot and told me orientation was the next week. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know like 4 strengths and weaknesses -- I usually only have about 2-3 in my head, so I had to scramble to say two more!   Answer Question
    No negotiation available for this unfortunately. Although I have a Bachelor's Degree I am making the same as say, a 16 year old in high school, which is kind of a downer. It's $10.50/hr until 6am then it goes to $9.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied through my university career center, and got an on-campus interview. He gave me a set of 4 behavior based questions, as well as critiqued each of my answers for constructive criticism. He let me know that I qualified for an all day, on-site interview within 2 weeks. Once I was there, there were about 70 other candidates. Most of the experience is social, meeting new people, networking. I met with a buyer as well as a senior buyer, each who gave 4 behavior based questions. Make sure to prepare a list of 4-6 questions yourselves for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more than the average entry-level candidate due to my previous internship experience. I tried to negotiate salary as well as signing bonus, but since offer was so favorable they declined. Try anyways would be my advice!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at Target in November 2014.

They came to campus for an on campus interview and then I was invited to their HQ as part of a larger interview group. This was a good networking tool as I got to meet the hiring managers and the recruiters and former alumni from my college that now work at Target HQ. Make sure to be confident and bubbly.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Be prepared for behavioral type of interview and convey what Target is looking for.   Answer Question

Technology Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

After speaking with the recruiter at my university's career fair and expressing interest in the position, I received an interview invitation about a week later. I had a one on one interview that lasted about 30 minutes, and the questions were standard behavioral questions. After 3 weeks, I received a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had a conflict while working in a team, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Hiring process was fairly average. We talked about my past experiences and then the recruiter began to ask me behavior based questions. It's all about fit with Target. They can teach you the job but you have to fit in with the company culture, which is awesome by the way!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any interview questions but it seemed to be the standard interview method. STAR method was helpful however if you use the SHARE method you'll really blow it out of the water   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating hourly pay for the summer internship however there were rumors that some interns got paid more than others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Met with recruiters for a first time during the career fair and my university and then a second time at a networking event hosted by the business school. After that I applied online and was accepted for an interview. The interview was basic behavioral questions, but the key was the networking done before hand. Got an offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when...all behavioral of situational   Answer Question
    No negotiating at the internship level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

My university hosted a career/internship fair and Target attended. I had met with a few recruiters prior to this fair, and had formed great connections. I spoke with more Target employees at the career fair, and really felt great about my upcoming interview. Additionally, I attended a meet-and-greet event that Target hosted. My interview happened to be with a man that I met at the meet-and greet event, so it was nice to see a familiar face. The interview was very conversational, my interviewer asked 5 behavioral questions. I was surprised when I received a standard HR email 3 weeks later saying that they had hired other candidates. It left a very bad taste in my mouth that I was treated as a number instead of a person after all of the work that I had put into the interview process and all of the quality connections that I had made.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you needed to utilize multiple sources to solve a problem.   Answer Question