Target

3.1

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Applied through the website. Got a call two weeks later to set up a phone interview with a team leader. Got asked a few general questions and about two or three behavioral questions. Got a second interview and went into the store. Got asked about 3 behavioral questions again & was told about the position & requirements. Got the job on the spot. Took a drug test right after. Overall, average interview. Good practice for other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went beyond expectations to help someone.   Answer Question
    None

Sharepoint Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

I took myself out of consideration after accepting another job at a much smaller company, and I also decided I do not want to be a tiny cog in a huge machine.

Interviewing for a corporate IT position was a 5 week long process: Several phone interviews, an online questionnaire and test, and a 4 hour onsite interview.
    1st phone interview was a general screening.
    2nd phone interview was a technical interview.
    Online test took about 90 minutes, and was situation/behavioral.
    There was also a testing component. The test was 18 multiple choice logic questions, that you had 20 minutes to complete. I made it to question 10 or 11 and then ran out of time.
    Onsite interviews were mostly behavioral questions (describe the situation, what did you do? and what was the outcome?), each lasted about 45 minutes. They also bought me lunch at the Target North Campus commissary, where I got to have a more informal talk/QA with a potential peer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you gave constructive criticism and were met with a negative response.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you missed a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Online logic question sample (as best as I can remember): An Airline files to and from the following airports in these connections A-B, B-C, A-C, C-E, D-A, C-D, etc etc.. which trip will result in the most connections?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

The interview process at Target is daunting at best between the testing, evaluations and numerous interviews. Target spends a lot of money in the process to find candidates that align to the Target brand. Be prepared for both in person & phone interviews, skill tests, personality test, IQ test & drug testing. The results of the above weigh heavier than your experience.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews are established around accessing leadership dimensions utilizing SBO; candidates need to describe a scenario relevant to the question, describe the behaviors that you exhibited in the scenario and then provide the outcome of the scenario. If you can provide clear and concise responses in the SBO format than you are golden.   Answer Question
    Negotiate salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

They take HR very seriously at Target. All day, 8 interviews. About half HR, half potential business colleagues. They have decided to get very up-to-date with their business strategy and the new CEO has people very energized. Even if they ding me I should probably buy the stock.

Interview Questions
    • They threw out the book on behavioral questions. We even joked about it. They just spent time getting to know me and my experience. Very good energy at the HQ. People seemed busy and happy. Remarkably pleasant people and a positive experience.   Answer Question

Target Hardlines Team Member, Target Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

Arrive 15 min prior, you go through a bunch of "what would you do" scenario questions on a kiosk. then they take you back to HR where you wait to begin your interview. Then you meet your interviewer and go through your application, qualifications ect. Most of my interview was made up of getting to know me, who I was not on paper.

Interview Questions
    • - why do you want to work at target?
      - what would you do if..a "guest" is unable to locate an item, what can you do to assist them?
      - Tell me about yourself

View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Target in December 2014.

Resume drop through their web-site. Received call from HR togo over resume and after brief interview with her, she let me know that I would be contacted for a phone interview via e-mail. I was e-mailed and given a few times that could work. I was also told be to be prepared to answer questions that were "fit" based, such as leadership, difficult situations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation working in a group and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I attended my university's career and applied for a full-time position through my university. I was selected as an alternate for first round interviews. A spot opened up and I attended first rounds. The first round consisted of 4 behavioral (STAR) questions. It was very straight-forward and easy. I had other offers outstanding and the recruiters were very helpful and got back to me within a week. I attended final rounds a week ahead of schedule (again very helpful with my timeline). Final rounds were a super day from 9:15 am - 5 pm. Super day consisted of an analyst panel, guest speaker, building tour, lunch with management, 2 30 min interviews (4 behavior questions each), and a networking reception to wrap up the day.

Your final round interviewers tee you up for their business area. My interviewer told me at the reception that he really wanted me to work in his division. If you can voice your preferences early (on campus, ect), you have a better shot of interviewing with them and moving into their division.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were passionate about achieving a goal   View Answer

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied for seasonal, and they contacted me three days later to come in for an interview. The day of the interview you have to come in and go on one of their computers before the interview happens and answer a bunch of questions -- a lot of math related questions about logistics. I already knew from someone else that at the interview they have two people talk to you at different times, which happened for me as well. I first spoke with the person in charge of the flow team, then I spoke with the HR person. It was weird because they literally asked me the same exact questions. So it was kind of pointless in that aspect. They do a lot of "tell me a time when" scenarios, and ask about your strengths, weaknesses, why you want to work in that position, why you want to work with target in general. They hired me on the spot and told me orientation was the next week. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know like 4 strengths and weaknesses -- I usually only have about 2-3 in my head, so I had to scramble to say two more!   Answer Question
    No negotiation available for this unfortunately. Although I have a Bachelor's Degree I am making the same as say, a 16 year old in high school, which is kind of a downer. It's $10.50/hr until 6am then it goes to $9.50/hr

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied through my university career center, and got an on-campus interview. He gave me a set of 4 behavior based questions, as well as critiqued each of my answers for constructive criticism. He let me know that I qualified for an all day, on-site interview within 2 weeks. Once I was there, there were about 70 other candidates. Most of the experience is social, meeting new people, networking. I met with a buyer as well as a senior buyer, each who gave 4 behavior based questions. Make sure to prepare a list of 4-6 questions yourselves for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more than the average entry-level candidate due to my previous internship experience. I tried to negotiate salary as well as signing bonus, but since offer was so favorable they declined. Try anyways would be my advice!

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I first got into contact with a Target Rep. at the University of Wisconsin-Stout's Career Fair. I was not initially looking for an internship and was just looking around. I talked to a few reps and they were very upbeat and seemed interested in me. They then asked me to set up an on-campus interview with them for the next day. The whole interview was all behavioral questions and the interviewer was very personable and open to answer any question I asked with great detail. After about a week after the on-campus interview, I received and email letting me know that I had moved on to the next round of interviews. I then had to make a profile on Target's website and do an assessment test that took about an hour to complete. After the assessment test was taken, I received a call the next day to set up a time to have my final interview. I went to the HR campus in Brooklyn Park, MN for my final interview and It went very well! The interview was like the last and they only asked behavioral questions. The interviewer was very upbeat and told me that I would get a call within 3 to 4 days to let me know if I got the internship or not. I got a call the very next day and was offered the internship. After that I had to take a drug test, have a background check done, and made sure that I was able to work in the U.S. Overall, it was a great but nerve-wracking experience. The interviewers were very personable and friendly and really shows the vibe that Target is looking for in an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to give up something that you really wanted to do. What was the issue and outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay.