Target

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Phone interview with a team leader, then in person interview with an ETL which was mostly like the phone interview, then one more interview in person with someone else. I think the third was a team leader or another ETL.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time that I made a mistake and what I did to correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in November 2013.

I had two phone interviews, the first was with the campus liason. The second was with a campus recruiter. I then had two in-store interviews with store team leaders, and then one Skype interview with the district team leader. Questions were mostly behavioral, with some general questions such as "walk me through your resume."

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a time where you received feedback that was not expected.   View Answer

Executive Team Leader - Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

Went through one of Target's open house which was an invitational to prospective ETL's. From there, you got to meet General Managers from other stores and ETL's. Interview with as many as you can. Then if you pass you get another interview at their other location. Most of the questions are situational so just be prepared to answer what if scenario's.

Interview Questions
    • This was the meet and greet at Target's open house - "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2012.

Applied online and was called back the next day. First interview scheduled a few days later, second a few days after that. Before first interview took a breif test that consisted half of "what if" scenarios and half of basic math scenarios. Interviewing process took about a week. Took drug test after second interview, waited for that and background check to go through. After those processed was told to come to Orientation the next week. Sat and watched videos for a few hours. First shift the day after Orientation.

Interview Questions
    • 1st Interview
      -What are your strengths and weaknesses
      -Describe a time you went above and beyond your supervisors expectations
      -Describe a time you worked as part of a team to accomplish something
      -Describe a time you had to multi-task
      -Why do you want to work @ Target

2nd Interview
      -What are your strengths and weaknesses
      -Describe a time you made a mistake and what you did to remedy it
      -What would do in a scenario where...(x2)
      -Why do you want to work @ Target
        View Answer
    No negotiation. $8.75-50 cents above min wage in Nevada.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in November 2012.

The Interview was relatively standard. There were the general questions like: can you work nights, weekends, and holidays? etc. Then there were more technical interview questions like give an example of a difficult decision you made and the outcome. Give an example of group work and the outcome of it.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult decision you made in a group and how did you handle it? What was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2012.

The first interview was on the phone with a recruiter, who just got basic information, covered my resume and asked why I wanted to work at Target. Once I passed that interview, I got a face-to-face interview with 2 different Store Managers, both very similar in nature, asking basic situational questions. After that, the next phase of the interview process was a face-to-face interview with 2 Target District Managers. This was about 45 minutes asking very procedural questions.

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2012.

I applied online and was called by HR two to three weeks later out of the blue. At both Targets I worked at, I did not know anyone that worked there prior to my interview. This was before they did phone interviews, so I was scheduled to meet in-store. They did two one-on-one interviews, the first with one boss and if they like you then you have an immediate interview with a bigger boss afterward. The second boss decides whether or not to make an offer of employment. Each interview consists of the same questions. At my second Target store interview, the second interviewer encouraged me to give the same answers as the first interview in order to be more quick, as he did not care if I repeated myself.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you did something even though you were afraid? (Something along those lines)   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. After the second interview, they had papers printed out with the position and pay to be offered. You signed or didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2010.

Process has changed over the years, but in 2010 there was a phone interview with a recruiter, two store manager interviews, a district manager interview, a job shadow with a store manager and a phone interview with an HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are in a situational behavior format. Be prepared by researching sample questions on Google and the Target Leadership Expectations as each question m
      measures one of the Leadership Expectations. Identify five key complex situations you can tailor for multiple questions.
        Answer Question
    Negotiation is possible with previous experience.

Sale Floor Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2010.

i filled out the online application and scheduled me for an interview after a week. I went there and given 20 items assessment test and was interviewed 1:1 with 2 store managers. They asked few situational questions. The interview processed was fine and i was hired. On the same day i went for drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe conflict you have had when working in a group. How did you resolve it   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with multiple tasks, how did you cope with these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a mistake on the job and what happened?   Answer Question
    • Use an example where you show yourself to be an adaptive individual, willing to learn quickly, and most importantly, did a great job.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to work with a team and what was the result.   Answer Question
    given a minimum wage 8.50/hour

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Pretty easy. I applied online. I had to keep calling them and do a lot of follow up. Then they finally called me asked if I can come in two days later. I dressed up in business attire. They had me meet with a team leader. Then I met with a Executive Team Leader. That interview went fairly easy. Asked me questions like why I think that I would fit with Target.

It was my first job so I accepted what they offered