Target Interview Questions in Ohio

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online. Received a call to come in for an initial interview. The first interview was very quick. Only about 6 questions were asked. I was called a few days later and told to come in for group training, where we basically sat in a room and watch corporate made videos on how to be a "team member"

District Assets Protection Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interviews were a round robin process consisting of two to three interviews. Interviews were with other District Assets Team Leaders and District Team Leaders. There were approximately 10 to 12 questions focusing on basic leadership dimensions. They are wanting examples using the STAR process, (situation, task, action and results).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a confict situation. What was the situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume online, I got a phone call to set up a phone interview. I then did a phone interview which went well so I was called for an in- person interview at a local Target store. This interview was about 1 hour long with two people, one was the store manager, the other a pharmacy district manager

Interview Questions

• Many behavior based questions that required a three part answer like what the problem was, what I did to resolve it and what the outcome was   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Massillon, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a team leader. He then referred me to the head of HR for the second part of the interview. They asked about my past experience and different situational questions.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It took them a few minutes to find the time to interview me because everybody was so busy. The first interview lasted about half an hour but dragged on for what felt like 2 hours. The interviewer first asked me a basic set of yes or no questions about my availability and things like that. Then he asked me 4 questions about my work experience and how I have done my job in the past. I was called back for a second interview but I think that's just because a Day Shift guy interviewed me instead of the night guy.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a time you were interrupted during work and what did you do? 2) Describe a time you had to work with someone you didn't like. 3) What are your strengths and weaknesses? 4) Describe a time you went above and beyond your duty. 5) Why do you wanna work here? 6) Why do you wanna work this shift? 7) Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Tay called me about three days after I applied online. I was interviewed by two different people who asked questing like "Describe a time where you had to work with someone you didn't like". After both interviews were over, they left the room to talk about how I did. When they came back, they offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

two interviews, pretty easy. they just had you interview with two different people at two different times. the questions were easy enough and they didn't make it more nerve wracking than it needed to be. i did get lectured about getting red cards though which was annoying.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, telephone interview a week or two later. in person interview a week later. nothing difficult just experience questions, couple of "what if?"s "what if Its your time fro lunch but person next to thinks its their lunchtime"...was offered job after inperson interview, due to retail experience (with letter of excellent customer experience from last store), college degree, and open availability....GOT A NO THANK YOU EMAIL THE NEXT WEEK! who tells someone they have the job and then not? I called their HR to ask what happened/changed, first time i called the HR person "just left" at 2pm on a Friday, (no work schedule!, I could do that job). Got through to them on Monday, politely dodged question and gave political answer. Target lost out on a solid hire, and a Longterm customer by telling me I had the job in the interview and then deciding not to after without ANY REASON!

Negotiation

None, slightly above min wage

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I applied online, which included a lengthy questionnaire. After I had a very basic phone interview about customer service experience I was asked to come in and interview in-store. The store team-lead himself ended up interviewing me instead of who was supposed to do so. He actively sought to upset me in the interview and asked a lot of hypothetical questions about difficult situations with customers. He also threw around a lot of numbers which he said backed up his assertions. Then five minutes later he would argue from the completely opposite spectrum.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few hypothetical situations, the worst was one about a guest who actively tried to pay 2 dollars less for an item and how much money it would lose the store if you gave her 2 dollars off an item or if you made her pay the full amount. The situation was taken way to the extreme, including giving everyone off two dollars and how social media plays a role in commerce.   1 Answer

Instocks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Springfield, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Got called back a couple days later. Went to an interview and got hired that same day. The Interview is in 3 parts and if you get to the third you most likely got hired.