Target Interview Questions in Ohio

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Hilliard, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

I was asked to wait for my interviewer in the on site starbucks cafe. I waited there for over 25 minutes before an obviously overworked member of entry-level management ran up and said "Interview?" to which I replied yes and gave my name and attempted to shake his hand. Apparently he was uninterested and I was just told to follow him into the back. Once to the location of the interview (a cold, messy conference room) he left again for around 15 minutes to grab the necessary paperwork. He then read questions straight from the paper and wrote down my answers. Pretty cut and dry questions asking about prior experiences with customer service. Overall my first impressions of the company were quite low. I was taken aback at how messy and dirty the office area of the store seemed in comparison to the way the sales floor was kept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After my first interview, an "HR Team Member" came in and said "We're offering you the job. You start and 9.30." At this I was very surprised because of the high rate of pay and I quickly accepted the job and was hurried out the door to take my offsite drug test some 30 minutes away. At the time I felt it was worth it because the pay was decent for the type of work I anticipated doing.

That happiness was quickly dashed when the company delayed my orientation date 4 times and I found out that I would actually be making 7.30 per hour and that the HR Team Member was apparently "new" and that I had to accept that pay or quit. Oh well. I still work there...

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

They called me to come in and interview five times. Once there, the single interview went smoothly. Once into the job I found out that I was lied to and that a 40 hour per week position did not exist for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you and a co-worker had a dispute. How did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Holland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I definitely came on here for the interview questions, which would be a good idea if you're not good on the spot :) I had two people interview me and they hired me right there. Then I was told to come back for orientation. Its pretty much like situation questions and personality.

Interview Questions

• What are your faults?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with another co-worker? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

I practiced all the interview questions people had listed here before so I did really good. They used the same questions for my interview that are listed here. So I had all my answers already prepared and didn't stumble or have any awkward pauses.

Interview Questions:
    Tell about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.

Did you ever have to work in a group and what was the outcome?

Have you ever had a problem with one of you co-workers and how did you handle it?

Did you ever help someone and what was the outcome?

Tell about a time you felt stressed and what you did for it.

Etc.

I had an interview with a manager then another one with the HR person. I was offered a conditional job offer if my background check and drug test came back fine, so I knew I had the job before i left. Just practice your answers to the questions people have listed here and you will be fine!

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (North Olmsted, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on company website for sales floor position. Received a call in 2 or 3 days to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of a computer assessment and two 1:1 interviews. The computer assessment is simple enough (it repeats a lot of questions from the original application.) The first interview was with the head of the department I would be placed in. Most questions were behavioral (name a time when X, how did you handle it, what was the result.) The second interview was basically the same thing but with the general manager. They seemed to like the fact that I answered the questions thoroughly and wasn't shy. After the interviews I was told that I would be contacted within a week with results. I was never called or sent anything.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you realized you were doing something wrong in the middle of a task. How did you handle this and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Beavercreek, OH).

Interview

I got a call for an interview and went in. They had me wait for a while but then took me into a room and asked me some simple questions. I later got a call for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Backroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Easy interview. I was called in for an interview with one of the LODs, who asked basic behavioral questions. If you pass, then you meet with another LOD. I knew that day I was hired and I signed some paperwork.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

You enter a cold room, with a dim light. You'll sit for about twenty minutes and two people will enter, the front end manager and the hiring manager. They will ask you a number of questions regarding your background and skills.

Interview Questions

• Name three of your worst skills and how you plan to improve.   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Stow, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was quick. If you're looking for a job around August or the holiday season they are always desperate for help. The first interview is usually with the person that is going to be your direct supervisor. Dress business attire. This is your time to shine. If they call you back for a second interview then you most likely have the job. Many of the questions are of the format, "Tell me a time when..." They want to hear about the process that you took to accomplish something not just the end result.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I was asked was, "Tell me about a time where you did something wrong at work and how you corrected for it."   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation for pay. It was simply do you want the job yes or no?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Fairview Park, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a disorganized phone interview with three different people. Once I got past that, I had a one on one interview with a leader on duty. Basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they just told me what the pay would be