Target Interview Questions in Ohio

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, which included a lengthy questionnaire. After I had a very basic phone interview about customer service experience I was asked to come in and interview in-store. The store team-lead himself ended up interviewing me instead of who was supposed to do so. He actively sought to upset me in the interview and asked a lot of hypothetical questions about difficult situations with customers. He also threw around a lot of numbers which he said backed up his assertions. Then five minutes later he would argue from the completely opposite spectrum.

Interview Questions
    • There were quite a few hypothetical situations, the worst was one about a guest who actively tried to pay 2 dollars less for an item and how much money it would lose the store if you gave her 2 dollars off an item or if you made her pay the full amount. The situation was taken way to the extreme, including giving everyone off two dollars and how social media plays a role in commerce.   View Answer

Instocks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Filled out an application online. Got called back a couple days later. Went to an interview and got hired that same day.

The Interview is in 3 parts and if you get to the third you most likely got hired.

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I applied on Friday and received a call, which was a mini interview it seemed like. I was scheduled for an in person interview on Monday. I went in and everyone was extremely nice. I first interviewed with Sales Floor Team Leader. She was extremely nice and relatable so the interview seemed more like a conversation. She asked me to tell her about myself, why I wanted to work for Target, basic interview questions. She was really pleased with my answers and so she took me back to the break room and had someone set me up to watch a video. After the video, I had another interview with an ETL who was also extremely nice. Basically asked me the same questions along with a few behavior questions. Just watch the video and pay attention and you'll do fine. After, I was hired on the spot and went to go do my drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you made a mistake on a project and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I was offered $8.00/hr.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairview Park, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Quick phone interview with one of the managers, interview in person with two different managers which took about 30 minutes, was required to take a drug test within 24 hours of interview, orientation meeting which took four hours which was mostly filling out paperwork and watching videos, also got a tour of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that you could improve on   Answer Question
    there was not a negotiation

Distribution Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Jefferson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Contacted via recruiter on LinkedIn. Talked with her twice, both times were basic questions following STAR format. She set up initial on site interview for the following week. I arrived early for the interview and the security guard told me there were no interviews scheduled for that day. I reassured him that there were indeed interviews and I was there for one. After he sorted things out I waited for twenty minutes for an HR representative. She escorted myself and one other applicant through the warehouse on a tour. She then brought us to an office area and had us wait for our interviews. There were three separate interviews. Each with two people. The first was with the engineering / automation team. The second with the logistics side and the third with inbound/outbound. All interviewers were very friendly and the interview was again STAR based.

Interview Questions
    • What would your peers say is your greatest opportunity and would you agree or disagree?   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

On-campus initial interview. STAR-based questions. 2nd round interview and tour at distribution center. More behvaioral-based questions. Very open working environment.

Target Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

When I arrived (half an hour early) I was taken to a kiosk to fill out an assessment. I was then instructed to wait in the snack bar until called. Half an hour after my scheduled interview time a sales person came out to tell me the manager would see me shortly, she was eating lunch! When the manager came out to speak to me it was the very same woman who had walked by me three times in the past half hour on the way to retrieve something from the snack bar.

I was taken to a room and asked to sign papers agreeing to certain work hours. That was before ANY type of description about job, pay, benefits, etc. I was then asked the standard questions. I had to inquire about the pay since that information wasn't offered to me. I was then instructed to watch a dvd and "someone" else would be in to interview me but that it might be awhile. I mentioned that I had another interview in 3/4 of an hour. (By that time I had already been there well over an hour). The manager left the room and the dvd sound went out and I was unable to finish watching the dvd. After waiting for 15-20 mins I finally tracked down someone and told them I would have to reschedule another day because I had another appointment.

Needless to say, I won't work for Target and I doubt I'll even shop there any more. The total disrespect to me and my time is inexcusable.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was getting pertinent information.   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

The interview process was handled very well. The application process took some time but calling in and being persistent got me through for an interview. There was only one interview for me. Split into two parts. The first part was done by a more senior sales floor team member. That second was done by higher store management. Both seemed to go over the same points. But one seemed to go over more personality based questions. The other one was more for skills. The regular stuff... "Name a time you solved a problem with another co-worker to reach a compromise" ... "When was a time that you stepped up to learn a new skill to complete a task" - And more things like this.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you had to solve a problem between two guests in a retail environment"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The job was part-time and they seemed to have a base pay for someone with the experience i possessed.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

I was called to have a phone interview 1 day after I applied for the sales floor team member for target. They asked me five basic questions for example name one time when you had to work as part of a team, it was a quick interview about 5 minutes and they said they'll call me back if they choose me for a face to face interview and they didn't call.

Executive Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Very fun and structured interview process. Taught me how to think on my toes

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to completely change somebodies already made up mind   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!