Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Flow Team Member Interview

Flow Team Member
Stow, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick. If you're looking for a job around August or the holiday season they are always desperate for help. The first interview is usually with the person that is going to be your direct supervisor. Dress business attire. This is your time to shine. If they call you back for a second interview then you most likely have the job. Many of the questions are of the format, "Tell me a time when..." They want to hear about the process that you took to accomplish something not just the end result.

Interview Question – The most difficult question that I was asked was, "Tell me about a time where you did something wrong at work and how you corrected for it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation for pay. It was simply do you want the job yes or no?

Front End Supervisor Interview

Front End Supervisor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details – You enter a cold room, with a dim light. You'll sit for about twenty minutes and two people will enter, the front end manager and the hiring manager. They will ask you a number of questions regarding your background and skills.

Interview Question – Name three of your worst skills and how you plan to improve.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Asked several specific questions right away. I honestly was not prepared since this was the first step into the interview process. I suggest anyone looking into Target for a pharmacist position to be extremely prepared. Target pharmacy is one of the most difficult companies to obtain a position in retail pharmacy.

Interview Question – Please tell me a time when you had to deal with a controversy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed through an on-campus interview and thought it went well but not the greatest. I really clicked with one interviewer but the other was cold. I then was interviewed two more times. Both were very interested in me and told me I would be starting within two weeks and it was mine. I then had to interview with a District Leader who asked me the same questions but could not answer any of my questions as he was new. I was then offered a job for less than half the pay of the Executive Team Leader. This was a total slap in the face and waste of time. I'm not sure why the district leader did not like me. He said I wasn't able to answer the questions to his level. I was really rubbed the wrong way, not because I didn't get the job but because I was told it was mine and then turned down for not answering how he thought I should. I found it contradictory as I asked him three job specific questions and he couldn't answer any.

Interview Question – None, I was prepared for all the questions and did my homework.   View Answer

Group Leader Interview

Group Leader
West Jefferson, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with national recruiter leading up to final on site interview with the Distribution Center team. All questions in the evidence based format, "Tell me about a time..." Looking for Situation, Action, Respose format in answers

Interview Question – Conflict with co-workers   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I found out about this position at my college Career Fair. The people at the booth were friendly and I was offered an interview after talking with them after about 5 minutes at my college campus the next week. The interview was simple and they tell you how they want you to answer questions; use the STAR method. Questions like tell me about a time you had to lead a team, or a time you worked with someone who was difficult i.e. behavior questions. After that I was offered a second interview at the district office. Besides the fact that the interview was almost an hour late it was pleasant and they asked more of the same questions. There is one guy asking you questions and the other writing things down.

Overall basic pleasant interview experience.

Interview Question – Relate a time when you motivated someone to do better and accomplish something.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Group Leader
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Lengthy Interview. Be prepared to spend the whole day. Scenario based questions. Tell me about a time.... Seemed like they weren't interested in someone who could think outside the box, but rather just do the job as described. Will need to be a motivated team player. Received a response that was not selected within less than a day. Disappointing because it seemed like a positive interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was super difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Backroom Interview

Backroom
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Easy interview. I was called in for an interview with one of the LODs, who asked basic behavioral questions. If you pass, then you meet with another LOD. I knew that day I was hired and I signed some paperwork.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped out a friend   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Target Back Room Team Member
Huber Heights, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was called the day after I submitted my online application and resume. I went in for an interview, completed some computer psychological tests, interviewed with the GSTL and ETL back to back, answering some of the same questions. Both had "interview booklets" they were writing in while I was speaking. After the interview with the ETL a young HR rep came into the room with a handful of papers and very mater-of-factly informed me that I was being offered a position as a team member, front end, at $7.75/hour and gave me the information about when and where to obtain my mandatory drug test. I left feeling very confused, not certain about what job I had been offered exactly (we had discussed more than one) and when and where I would be training and working.

Interview Question – Why Target? Not a hard one for me to answer, just unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was offered $7.75/hour, part-time. My first pay check indicated that I was making $8/hour. Never questioned it. After my 90-day-probation my rate went to $8.25/hr. almost automatically. Again I never questioned it and no one offered any explaination.

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in December 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews as a college hire. Look for talent and potential, present your best experience and show enthusiasm and you are in.

Interview Question – Which question was the most difficult and how would you answer differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate