Target Interview Questions in Ohio

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Target Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

When I arrived (half an hour early) I was taken to a kiosk to fill out an assessment. I was then instructed to wait in the snack bar until called. Half an hour after my scheduled interview time a sales person came out to tell me the manager would see me shortly, she was eating lunch! When the manager came out to speak to me it was the very same woman who had walked by me three times in the past half hour on the way to retrieve something from the snack bar.

I was taken to a room and asked to sign papers agreeing to certain work hours. That was before ANY type of description about job, pay, benefits, etc. I was then asked the standard questions. I had to inquire about the pay since that information wasn't offered to me. I was then instructed to watch a dvd and "someone" else would be in to interview me but that it might be awhile. I mentioned that I had another interview in 3/4 of an hour. (By that time I had already been there well over an hour). The manager left the room and the dvd sound went out and I was unable to finish watching the dvd. After waiting for 15-20 mins I finally tracked down someone and told them I would have to reschedule another day because I had another appointment.

Needless to say, I won't work for Target and I doubt I'll even shop there any more. The total disrespect to me and my time is inexcusable.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was getting pertinent information.   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

The interview process was handled very well. The application process took some time but calling in and being persistent got me through for an interview. There was only one interview for me. Split into two parts. The first part was done by a more senior sales floor team member. That second was done by higher store management. Both seemed to go over the same points. But one seemed to go over more personality based questions. The other one was more for skills. The regular stuff... "Name a time you solved a problem with another co-worker to reach a compromise" ... "When was a time that you stepped up to learn a new skill to complete a task" - And more things like this.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you had to solve a problem between two guests in a retail environment"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The job was part-time and they seemed to have a base pay for someone with the experience i possessed.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

I was called to have a phone interview 1 day after I applied for the sales floor team member for target. They asked me five basic questions for example name one time when you had to work as part of a team, it was a quick interview about 5 minutes and they said they'll call me back if they choose me for a face to face interview and they didn't call.

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stow, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

The hiring process was quick. If you're looking for a job around August or the holiday season they are always desperate for help. The first interview is usually with the person that is going to be your direct supervisor. Dress business attire. This is your time to shine. If they call you back for a second interview then you most likely have the job. Many of the questions are of the format, "Tell me a time when..." They want to hear about the process that you took to accomplish something not just the end result.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I was asked was, "Tell me about a time where you did something wrong at work and how you corrected for it."   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation for pay. It was simply do you want the job yes or no?

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

You enter a cold room, with a dim light. You'll sit for about twenty minutes and two people will enter, the front end manager and the hiring manager. They will ask you a number of questions regarding your background and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name three of your worst skills and how you plan to improve.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Phone interview with HR. Asked several specific questions right away. I honestly was not prepared since this was the first step into the interview process. I suggest anyone looking into Target for a pharmacist position to be extremely prepared. Target pharmacy is one of the most difficult companies to obtain a position in retail pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you had to deal with a controversy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in December 2012.

I interviewed through an on-campus interview and thought it went well but not the greatest. I really clicked with one interviewer but the other was cold. I then was interviewed two more times. Both were very interested in me and told me I would be starting within two weeks and it was mine. I then had to interview with a District Leader who asked me the same questions but could not answer any of my questions as he was new. I was then offered a job for less than half the pay of the Executive Team Leader. This was a total slap in the face and waste of time. I'm not sure why the district leader did not like me. He said I wasn't able to answer the questions to his level. I was really rubbed the wrong way, not because I didn't get the job but because I was told it was mine and then turned down for not answering how he thought I should. I found it contradictory as I asked him three job specific questions and he couldn't answer any.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was prepared for all the questions and did my homework.   View Answer

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Jefferson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Two phone interviews with national recruiter leading up to final on site interview with the Distribution Center team. All questions in the evidence based format, "Tell me about a time..." Looking for Situation, Action, Respose format in answers

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

I found out about this position at my college Career Fair. The people at the booth were friendly and I was offered an interview after talking with them after about 5 minutes at my college campus the next week. The interview was simple and they tell you how they want you to answer questions; use the STAR method. Questions like tell me about a time you had to lead a team, or a time you worked with someone who was difficult i.e. behavior questions. After that I was offered a second interview at the district office. Besides the fact that the interview was almost an hour late it was pleasant and they asked more of the same questions. There is one guy asking you questions and the other writing things down.

Overall basic pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Relate a time when you motivated someone to do better and accomplish something.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Lengthy Interview. Be prepared to spend the whole day. Scenario based questions. Tell me about a time.... Seemed like they weren't interested in someone who could think outside the box, but rather just do the job as described. Will need to be a motivated team player. Received a response that was not selected within less than a day. Disappointing because it seemed like a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was super difficult or unexpected.   View Answer