Target

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

Very fun and structured interview process. Taught me how to think on my toes

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to completely change somebodies already made up mind   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Target in July 2013.

The hiring process was quick. If you're looking for a job around August or the holiday season they are always desperate for help. The first interview is usually with the person that is going to be your direct supervisor. Dress business attire. This is your time to shine. If they call you back for a second interview then you most likely have the job. Many of the questions are of the format, "Tell me a time when..." They want to hear about the process that you took to accomplish something not just the end result.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I was asked was, "Tell me about a time where you did something wrong at work and how you corrected for it."   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation for pay. It was simply do you want the job yes or no?

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I found out about this position at my college Career Fair. The people at the booth were friendly and I was offered an interview after talking with them after about 5 minutes at my college campus the next week. The interview was simple and they tell you how they want you to answer questions; use the STAR method. Questions like tell me about a time you had to lead a team, or a time you worked with someone who was difficult i.e. behavior questions. After that I was offered a second interview at the district office. Besides the fact that the interview was almost an hour late it was pleasant and they asked more of the same questions. There is one guy asking you questions and the other writing things down.

Overall basic pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Relate a time when you motivated someone to do better and accomplish something.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Lengthy Interview. Be prepared to spend the whole day. Scenario based questions. Tell me about a time.... Seemed like they weren't interested in someone who could think outside the box, but rather just do the job as described. Will need to be a motivated team player. Received a response that was not selected within less than a day. Disappointing because it seemed like a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was super difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Target in May 2013.

Two phone interviews with national recruiter leading up to final on site interview with the Distribution Center team. All questions in the evidence based format, "Tell me about a time..." Looking for Situation, Action, Respose format in answers

Backroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Easy interview. I was called in for an interview with one of the LODs, who asked basic behavioral questions. If you pass, then you meet with another LOD. I knew that day I was hired and I signed some paperwork.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

Phone interview with HR. Asked several specific questions right away. I honestly was not prepared since this was the first step into the interview process. I suggest anyone looking into Target for a pharmacist position to be extremely prepared. Target pharmacy is one of the most difficult companies to obtain a position in retail pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you had to deal with a controversy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I got a call for an interview and went in. They had me wait for a while but then took me into a room and asked me some simple questions. I later got a call for the job.

There is no negotiation.

Executive Team Leader Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Had an on campus interview, then 3 interviews on site the next week. Was told I would hear back in one week, took 4 weeks. Followed up every week, and was told i would hear bavck in a week ezch time. Last time recieved an automated email saying they were pursuing other candidates

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in February 2013.

I had a disorganized phone interview with three different people. Once I got past that, I had a one on one interview with a leader on duty. Basic questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they just told me what the pay would be