Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Beavercreek, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I got a call for an interview and went in. They had me wait for a while but then took me into a room and asked me some simple questions. I later got a call for the job.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Executive Team Leader Development Program Interview

Executive Team Leader Development Program
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview, then 3 interviews on site the next week. Was told I would hear back in one week, took 4 weeks. Followed up every week, and was told i would hear bavck in a week ezch time. Last time recieved an automated email saying they were pursuing other candidates

Interview Question – none very easy   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Group Leader
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I found the position through a friend and applied online. I was contacted by HR Recruiter and had a brief phone interview and asked to do an online test (logic, some math). This was followed by a more in depth phone interview and conversation about the position. The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with two senior leaders per interview. They focus mostly on how you work through a situation, how you reflected on the experience, and how you used your experience going forward. They look for leaders who focus on people and long term trends over black and white situations. Overall very pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, although they push to see if you learned from your experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered me a salary based on my degree and previous job. No sign on bonus incentives.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Intern Interview

Executive Intern
Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – In October I attend a career fair on campus, and dropped off my resume with a Target recruiter. After reviewing my resume, she signed me up for a on-campus interview. The interview took place one week later and consisting of STAR (Situation Task Action Result)and Behavioral questions. The interviewers are looking for detailed, but concise examples of how you handled an issue. In other words use examples that have a clear path of problem evaluation, problem solving, and problem outcome. Two weeks later I received an emailing letting me know that I had moved on to a second interview, this time with a district manager. The set up was exactly the same, just with slightly different questions.

As a word of advice they are looking for strong leadership and teamwork examples. Make sure to let your personality show through (Target's motto is fast, fun, and friendly), research the company and the position, and have confidence in your credentials.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you made a decision without thinking about the consequences.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly rate of 16.50/hr at 400 hours total.

Team Lead - Operations and Logistics Interview

Team Lead - Operations and Logistics
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview was simple. The purpose was to make sure I had the basic skills required to fill the job.

The second phone interview was supposed to be 5 scenario based questions. I used this website, spent several hours the day before preparing responses and a cheat sheet and all in all I felt I was very well prepared. During the phone interview I was only asked 3/5 questions. After third question HR Rep told me everything went well and that I would be interviewing at the warehouse next and that I would be asked similar questions to what I was asked that day. She said she was going on vacation soon and would provide me dates for my next round of interviews when she returned.

The following week I got the notorious email telling me that Target is considering other applicants and that it was their policy not to give feedback on why I was removed from the applicant pool.

Interview Questions

Pharmacist Interview

Pharmacist
Trotwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews. The first was a phone interview and I did very well on it. The second interview was an on-site interview. Basically, all of their questions involved leadership, so try to play that up as much as possible. Also, I'd recommend reading their description of the job and reusing a lot of their phrasing. For example, they talked about "trusted-health care professional" in mine, so I gave a story about one of my experiences as an intern with a pharmacist who had the wrong approach. Another important thing would be to keep in mind that they love the situational questions and want a specific example from your past as an answer. This can be a little bit of a difficult task if you don't know the question ahead of time, so study up on here and other sites about specific questions they ask.

A huge point for me that I kind of messed up on was that I was never interviewed by a pharmacist. Both interviews were with the "business" side of things at Target and not pharmacists themselves. I had only been interviewed by residencies before this interview, so this kind of threw me off a little bit since you want to brag less about a specific situation in pharmacy were you did something smart (since they won't know if what you did was smart or not) and brag more about your assets to a business (leadership, work ethic, etc). So adjust your speeches and situational questions to talk like you would to a patient rather than to a health care professional.

Ultimately, I stumbled on finding a good situation for one of their questions to match their "specific situation" format and think that was the reason I didn't get an offer. But as to not scare anyone, I feel like if I interviewed at another Target and knowing what I know now about their interview process, I could definately get a spot. So hopefully this helps you out in what to expect. Just prepare a ton an search for all of the possible situational questions you could get before both interviews.

Interview Question – Talk about a time where you made a mistake and had to take responsibility for it.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
North Olmsted, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on company website for sales floor position. Received a call in 2 or 3 days to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of a computer assessment and two 1:1 interviews. The computer assessment is simple enough (it repeats a lot of questions from the original application.) The first interview was with the head of the department I would be placed in. Most questions were behavioral (name a time when X, how did you handle it, what was the result.) The second interview was basically the same thing but with the general manager. They seemed to like the fact that I answered the questions thoroughly and wasn't shy. After the interviews I was told that I would be contacted within a week with results. I was never called or sent anything.

Interview Question – Name a time when you realized you were doing something wrong in the middle of a task. How did you handle this and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Mentor, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Interview Details – The whole hiring and interview process went very quickly. I applied online, got my inerview the next day and was hired. Three managers came in one after the other asked basic retail questions and at the end offered me a job. They gave me a paper for the drug test, which had to be down within 24 hours and i was on my way.

Interview Question – Questions were not hard if u have retail expierence mainly about how I dealt with past customers.   Answer Question

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview Details – I walked into Target and asked one of the first employees I saw that I was there for an interview (because I was not told who to ask for or where to go.) The first man I talked to was very professional and had me take an online assessment.
After that I had to wait for someone else to come speak to me. 5 minutes later, the Team Leader came out to interview me in the back. He was not quite as professional as the first guy, with his untucked, dirty-looking shirt, but other than that he was nice and direct. But he was disorganized, unfortunately.
After searching for about 5 minutes for an interview instruction sheet, we proceeded to another room to begin the interview. I felt confident enough in my answers, but I had to be interviewed again by another man, who was much more professional and articulate: the manager. Of course, this made me nervous, because he ended up asking some of the same questions, but told me to be much more specific and ask for different answers. Anyway, during the interview he was humorous and easy to speak to, which made the process a bit easier.
Overall, the experience went well, I enjoyed speaking to everyone I met. The overall people who worked at atmosphere were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a group of people and tell about the interactions and what the overall outcome was.   Answer Question
  • Name a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you had to help someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Mentor, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in May 2012.

Interview Details – The manager of the Food place interviews you. Then she leaves and another guy interviews you. Then 2 more people come in and say you are hired.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target