Target Interview Questions in Ohio

2.8

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2012.

I interviewed through an on-campus interview and thought it went well but not the greatest. I really clicked with one interviewer but the other was cold. I then was interviewed two more times. Both were very interested in me and told me I would be starting within two weeks and it was mine. I then had to interview with a District Leader who asked me the same questions but could not answer any of my questions as he was new. I was then offered a job for less than half the pay of the Executive Team Leader. This was a total slap in the face and waste of time. I'm not sure why the district leader did not like me. He said I wasn't able to answer the questions to his level. I was really rubbed the wrong way, not because I didn't get the job but because I was told it was mine and then turned down for not answering how he thought I should. I found it contradictory as I asked him three job specific questions and he couldn't answer any.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was prepared for all the questions and did my homework.   View Answer

Executive Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

In October I attend a career fair on campus, and dropped off my resume with a Target recruiter. After reviewing my resume, she signed me up for a on-campus interview. The interview took place one week later and consisting of STAR (Situation Task Action Result)and Behavioral questions. The interviewers are looking for detailed, but concise examples of how you handled an issue. In other words use examples that have a clear path of problem evaluation, problem solving, and problem outcome. Two weeks later I received an emailing letting me know that I had moved on to a second interview, this time with a district manager. The set up was exactly the same, just with slightly different questions.

As a word of advice they are looking for strong leadership and teamwork examples. Make sure to let your personality show through (Target's motto is fast, fun, and friendly), research the company and the position, and have confidence in your credentials.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you made a decision without thinking about the consequences.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Hourly rate of 16.50/hr at 400 hours total.

Team Lead - Operations and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

First phone interview was simple. The purpose was to make sure I had the basic skills required to fill the job.

The second phone interview was supposed to be 5 scenario based questions. I used this website, spent several hours the day before preparing responses and a cheat sheet and all in all I felt I was very well prepared. During the phone interview I was only asked 3/5 questions. After third question HR Rep told me everything went well and that I would be interviewing at the warehouse next and that I would be asked similar questions to what I was asked that day. She said she was going on vacation soon and would provide me dates for my next round of interviews when she returned.

The following week I got the notorious email telling me that Target is considering other applicants and that it was their policy not to give feedback on why I was removed from the applicant pool.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to build trust with an employee who did not like you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to tell a supervisor "no".   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate an employee.   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huber Heights, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huber Heights, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in September 2012.

I was called the day after I submitted my online application and resume. I went in for an interview, completed some computer psychological tests, interviewed with the GSTL and ETL back to back, answering some of the same questions. Both had "interview booklets" they were writing in while I was speaking. After the interview with the ETL a young HR rep came into the room with a handful of papers and very mater-of-factly informed me that I was being offered a position as a team member, front end, at $7.75/hour and gave me the information about when and where to obtain my mandatory drug test. I left feeling very confused, not certain about what job I had been offered exactly (we had discussed more than one) and when and where I would be training and working.

Interview Questions
    • Why Target? Not a hard one for me to answer, just unexpected.   View Answer
    There was none. I was offered $7.75/hour, part-time. My first pay check indicated that I was making $8/hour. Never questioned it. After my 90-day-probation my rate went to $8.25/hr. almost automatically. Again I never questioned it and no one offered any explaination.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trotwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trotwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2012.

There were 2 interviews. The first was a phone interview and I did very well on it. The second interview was an on-site interview. Basically, all of their questions involved leadership, so try to play that up as much as possible. Also, I'd recommend reading their description of the job and reusing a lot of their phrasing. For example, they talked about "trusted-health care professional" in mine, so I gave a story about one of my experiences as an intern with a pharmacist who had the wrong approach. Another important thing would be to keep in mind that they love the situational questions and want a specific example from your past as an answer. This can be a little bit of a difficult task if you don't know the question ahead of time, so study up on here and other sites about specific questions they ask.

A huge point for me that I kind of messed up on was that I was never interviewed by a pharmacist. Both interviews were with the "business" side of things at Target and not pharmacists themselves. I had only been interviewed by residencies before this interview, so this kind of threw me off a little bit since you want to brag less about a specific situation in pharmacy were you did something smart (since they won't know if what you did was smart or not) and brag more about your assets to a business (leadership, work ethic, etc). So adjust your speeches and situational questions to talk like you would to a patient rather than to a health care professional.

Ultimately, I stumbled on finding a good situation for one of their questions to match their "specific situation" format and think that was the reason I didn't get an offer. But as to not scare anyone, I feel like if I interviewed at another Target and knowing what I know now about their interview process, I could definately get a spot. So hopefully this helps you out in what to expect. Just prepare a ton an search for all of the possible situational questions you could get before both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you made a mistake and had to take responsibility for it.   Answer Question

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2012.

I walked into Target and asked one of the first employees I saw that I was there for an interview (because I was not told who to ask for or where to go.) The first man I talked to was very professional and had me take an online assessment.
    After that I had to wait for someone else to come speak to me. 5 minutes later, the Team Leader came out to interview me in the back. He was not quite as professional as the first guy, with his untucked, dirty-looking shirt, but other than that he was nice and direct. But he was disorganized, unfortunately.
    After searching for about 5 minutes for an interview instruction sheet, we proceeded to another room to begin the interview. I felt confident enough in my answers, but I had to be interviewed again by another man, who was much more professional and articulate: the manager. Of course, this made me nervous, because he ended up asking some of the same questions, but told me to be much more specific and ask for different answers. Anyway, during the interview he was humorous and easy to speak to, which made the process a bit easier.
    Overall, the experience went well, I enjoyed speaking to everyone I met. The overall people who worked at atmosphere were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you worked with a group of people and tell about the interactions and what the overall outcome was.   Answer Question
    • Name a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to help someone.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2012.

Applied on company website for sales floor position. Received a call in 2 or 3 days to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of a computer assessment and two 1:1 interviews. The computer assessment is simple enough (it repeats a lot of questions from the original application.) The first interview was with the head of the department I would be placed in. Most questions were behavioral (name a time when X, how did you handle it, what was the result.) The second interview was basically the same thing but with the general manager. They seemed to like the fact that I answered the questions thoroughly and wasn't shy. After the interviews I was told that I would be contacted within a week with results. I was never called or sent anything.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you realized you were doing something wrong in the middle of a task. How did you handle this and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in June 2012.

You enter a cold room, with a dim light. You'll sit for about twenty minutes and two people will enter, the front end manager and the hiring manager. They will ask you a number of questions regarding your background and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name three of your worst skills and how you plan to improve.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in February 2012.

When I first arrived at the store, I was directed to a kiosk where I had to do an online questionnaire much like the one you fill out on your online application. It had roughly ten questions where you had to provide the best way to deal with a situation, followed by the worst way. After I completed it, I was asked to sit in Starbucks until the manager could interview me. I only had to wait about ten minutes. My first interviewer was a team leader, and she was very kind and polite. I had to answer four questions about how I handled certain situations and verified my availability. Next I was interviewed by a floor manager, and he asked the same type of questions that I was asked before; it seemed a little redundant. After he was finished he told me to sit and wait for the HR representative to come in. She told me right away that they were going to offer me the job, then gave me the information to get my drug test taken and mentioned taking orientation either the next day or next week. The only thing I wished was different would be for them to give a little bit more information about orientation. I was very impressed with their kindness and acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to stress your skills set.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to deal with a coworker that didn't like you and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    You can't really negotiate anything, being as it's an entry level job.

Guest Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2012.

I submitted my application and called to follow up because from experience if you don't call they won't call you. I walked in and they did two interviews one with the store team lead and one with the lead on duty. Then later that day the HR manager called to schedule another interview. After that I waited a week for a phone interview with the district team lead. Just be patient but persistent.

Interview Questions
    • All 4 interviews asked to tell about a time where you broke or went against a policy and what was the outcome and how did you deal with future instances regarding this rule   Answer Question
    • Name a time you mentored someone and what was the outcome and process.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were involved with a team where you had to submit a suggestion, what did you contribute to the team process and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation process. You went into your job offer with the rate of pay pre-determined and you accept it basically that was it.