Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Parma, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Interview Details – Took A long time to get an offer. The interviews were not hard if you prepped for them. All situational based questions. Basically tell me about a time when... Make sure all your stories have a begging middle and end. Most of the interviewers were not all that professional and I had to wait 2 hours for my last interview to begin.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to inspire someone or a team to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None existent they have a set pay grade for new team members so experience will not change that much. Your best bet is to take what they are offering you.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
West Jefferson, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in January 2010.

Interview Details – Arrived at campus of Target DC in West Jefferson, OH. Told gate attendent I was there for interview. Started with a long walk through the rather large warehouse, then went through a series of interview by HR and by those who would be in my department. Entire process to 3-4 hours.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were faced with a moral dilemma.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Hamilton, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2012.

Interview Details – When I first arrived at the store, I was directed to a kiosk where I had to do an online questionnaire much like the one you fill out on your online application. It had roughly ten questions where you had to provide the best way to deal with a situation, followed by the worst way. After I completed it, I was asked to sit in Starbucks until the manager could interview me. I only had to wait about ten minutes. My first interviewer was a team leader, and she was very kind and polite. I had to answer four questions about how I handled certain situations and verified my availability. Next I was interviewed by a floor manager, and he asked the same type of questions that I was asked before; it seemed a little redundant. After he was finished he told me to sit and wait for the HR representative to come in. She told me right away that they were going to offer me the job, then gave me the information to get my drug test taken and mentioned taking orientation either the next day or next week. The only thing I wished was different would be for them to give a little bit more information about orientation. I was very impressed with their kindness and acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to stress your skills set.   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had to deal with a coworker that didn't like you and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't really negotiate anything, being as it's an entry level job.

Flow Interview

Flow
Medina, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – The online tests consisted of handling customers to working with employees. I had 2 1:1, consecutively. The first interview went well so they passed me to the store manager for an interview. They asked "what would you do" questions. I was offered the job shortly afterwards. Because the position starts before 5am I was given an additional $1/hour. I enjoyed that job a lot despite having only been a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle an upset customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you could not finish a project and what you did to get it done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary. They just asked what I expected to make.

Guest Service Team Lead Interview

Guest Service Team Lead
Dayton, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and called to follow up because from experience if you don't call they won't call you. I walked in and they did two interviews one with the store team lead and one with the lead on duty. Then later that day the HR manager called to schedule another interview. After that I waited a week for a phone interview with the district team lead. Just be patient but persistent.

Interview Questions

• All 4 interviews asked to tell about a time where you broke or went against a policy and what was the outcome and how did you deal with future instances regarding this rule   Answer Question
  • Name a time you mentored someone and what was the outcome and process.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you were involved with a team where you had to submit a suggestion, what did you contribute to the team process and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation process. You went into your job offer with the rate of pay pre-determined and you accept it basically that was it.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member
Dayton, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – I practiced all the interview questions people had listed here before so I did really good. They used the same questions for my interview that are listed here. So I had all my answers already prepared and didn't stumble or have any awkward pauses.

Interview Questions:
Tell about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.

Did you ever have to work in a group and what was the outcome?

Have you ever had a problem with one of you co-workers and how did you handle it?

Did you ever help someone and what was the outcome?

Tell about a time you felt stressed and what you did for it.

Etc.

I had an interview with a manager then another one with the HR person. I was offered a conditional job offer if my background check and drug test came back fine, so I knew I had the job before i left. Just practice your answers to the questions people have listed here and you will be fine!

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Canton, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – The target interview process my the ETL (and I assume management position) is lengthy and intimidating. My first interview consisted of a 1:1 with a store team leader. All interview questions are behavioral based. I read and reread all of these reviews on glass door throughout this entire process and they helped 100%!! Practice questions and situations, have multiple situations that can be used for multiple questions.

I was then passed to another store team leader for my second interview about a week later at another Target location. Same interview structure! 5 or so behavioral based questions "tell me about a time....".

I was then passed to the district team leader for a 1:1. I was given a drug packet and had to sign some release forms before the interview took pace, in the event that they were to make me an offer, I already had this paperwork. This seemed premature to me, but I didn't over think it. My 1:1 with the District team leader went good, (also all behavior based!) and I was then passed to his boss for a Fourth and final interview. So far ALL interviews were done with the standard Target packet and all situational based questions and answers. Look up the STAR method, that really helped me to answer my questions. Situation (20%) ACTION (70%) Result (10%).

The final interview was a a phone interview, before this interview though I was to take a personality test/IQ test. You do not get any feedback or results from this test. Don't over think it. The phone interview was more causal and conversation but of course she threw in a couple behavioral based questions "tell me about a time..."

I was then notified a week later with my offer and start date.

Practice Practice Practice!!!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Holland, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Interview Details – I definitely came on here for the interview questions, which would be a good idea if you're not good on the spot :) I had two people interview me and they hired me right there. Then I was told to come back for orientation. Its pretty much like situation questions and personality.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member
Cincinnati, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

Interview Details – I appiied to Target via their web site on Tuesday, and got a call asking me for a 1:1 interview on Friday, which I accepted. The interview was scheduled for Monday at 2pm.

I went in and took a 20 minute personality test on a computer right before an employee greeted me. She then took me to their back room where the employees stay, and told me to that someone will be with me shortly. Fifteen minutes later another employee took me to a private room where she interviewed me. She asked questions based on the STAR method. After this first interview, I was again interviewed by another employee. She basically asked me the same questions, except some were slightly more difficult. Then she told me that the person who makes the hiring decisions is on vacation, and that I should be hearing from her when she comes back in a week.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to go above-and-beyond your skill level.   Answer Question

Distribution Center Group Leader Interview

Distribution Center Group Leader
West Jefferson, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – A target recruiter called out of the blue to describe the open position and determine if there was interest. After interest was expressed the recruiter scheduled a series of two to three phone screening interviews. A mixture of regular questions were asked paired with situational questions. After I passed the phone interview portions an on-site interview was scheduled. The on-site interviews consisted of three panel interviews with senior group leaders, general managers, and HR managers. Very strange environment. I was taken to multiple rooms for interviews and multiple areas while waiting by myself in between them. Each interview was lead by casually dressed individuals reading from a very scripted interview packet. You start to wonder if any of them could stand on their own two feet without the packets. Notes were taken on the packets in an obvious situation, action, result format. Important to have extremely specific examples prepared ahead of time that follow that format of what was the situation, what did you do, and what were the results of the actions. Best advice I can give is to have up to twelve examples rehearsed in the SAR format ahead of time.Good luck with the interview process. Get ready to appear as though you drank the kool-aid. Some of the questions were as follows:

Tell me about a time when you challenged someone to do a better job.

Describe a person you have had the most difficulty motivating.

Tell me about a time when you failed to deliver on a work commitment.

Provide an example when you helped someone improve their work performance.

Tell me about a time when you challenged the opinion of another in a group setting.

Describe a time when you hit a barrier or challenge to accomplish a goal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you brought up an issue to someone else that others were not comfortable bringing up.   Answer Question