Target Interview Questions in Ohio

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (North Olmsted, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on company website for sales floor position. Received a call in 2 or 3 days to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of a computer assessment and two 1:1 interviews. The computer assessment is simple enough (it repeats a lot of questions from the original application.) The first interview was with the head of the department I would be placed in. Most questions were behavioral (name a time when X, how did you handle it, what was the result.) The second interview was basically the same thing but with the general manager. They seemed to like the fact that I answered the questions thoroughly and wasn't shy. After the interviews I was told that I would be contacted within a week with results. I was never called or sent anything.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you realized you were doing something wrong in the middle of a task. How did you handle this and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

You enter a cold room, with a dim light. You'll sit for about twenty minutes and two people will enter, the front end manager and the hiring manager. They will ask you a number of questions regarding your background and skills.

Interview Questions

• Name three of your worst skills and how you plan to improve.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Hamilton, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

When I first arrived at the store, I was directed to a kiosk where I had to do an online questionnaire much like the one you fill out on your online application. It had roughly ten questions where you had to provide the best way to deal with a situation, followed by the worst way. After I completed it, I was asked to sit in Starbucks until the manager could interview me. I only had to wait about ten minutes. My first interviewer was a team leader, and she was very kind and polite. I had to answer four questions about how I handled certain situations and verified my availability. Next I was interviewed by a floor manager, and he asked the same type of questions that I was asked before; it seemed a little redundant. After he was finished he told me to sit and wait for the HR representative to come in. She told me right away that they were going to offer me the job, then gave me the information to get my drug test taken and mentioned taking orientation either the next day or next week. The only thing I wished was different would be for them to give a little bit more information about orientation. I was very impressed with their kindness and acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to stress your skills set.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to deal with a coworker that didn't like you and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't really negotiate anything, being as it's an entry level job.

Guest Service Team Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application and called to follow up because from experience if you don't call they won't call you. I walked in and they did two interviews one with the store team lead and one with the lead on duty. Then later that day the HR manager called to schedule another interview. After that I waited a week for a phone interview with the district team lead. Just be patient but persistent.

Interview Questions

• All 4 interviews asked to tell about a time where you broke or went against a policy and what was the outcome and how did you deal with future instances regarding this rule   Answer Question
    • Name a time you mentored someone and what was the outcome and process.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were involved with a team where you had to submit a suggestion, what did you contribute to the team process and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation process. You went into your job offer with the rate of pay pre-determined and you accept it basically that was it.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

I practiced all the interview questions people had listed here before so I did really good. They used the same questions for my interview that are listed here. So I had all my answers already prepared and didn't stumble or have any awkward pauses.

Interview Questions:
    Tell about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.

Did you ever have to work in a group and what was the outcome?

Have you ever had a problem with one of you co-workers and how did you handle it?

Did you ever help someone and what was the outcome?

Tell about a time you felt stressed and what you did for it.

Etc.

I had an interview with a manager then another one with the HR person. I was offered a conditional job offer if my background check and drug test came back fine, so I knew I had the job before i left. Just practice your answers to the questions people have listed here and you will be fine!

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

They are very difficult to interview with if you're not ready for STAR questions. Also, they use tactics against you to test you. One of the interviewers may be extremely rude and hard to talk with, on purpose. It's just to see how you react. Oh, and the pay is not remotely worth the stress and agony people. You make like the flashy prospect of 45k a year... but you'll be a slave. 60 hours a week or more and treated like dirt. I'm happy I turned down my offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Decided the stress and drama were not worth it.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Canton, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

The target interview process my the ETL (and I assume management position) is lengthy and intimidating. My first interview consisted of a 1:1 with a store team leader. All interview questions are behavioral based. I read and reread all of these reviews on glass door throughout this entire process and they helped 100%!! Practice questions and situations, have multiple situations that can be used for multiple questions.

I was then passed to another store team leader for my second interview about a week later at another Target location. Same interview structure! 5 or so behavioral based questions "tell me about a time....".

I was then passed to the district team leader for a 1:1. I was given a drug packet and had to sign some release forms before the interview took pace, in the event that they were to make me an offer, I already had this paperwork. This seemed premature to me, but I didn't over think it. My 1:1 with the District team leader went good, (also all behavior based!) and I was then passed to his boss for a Fourth and final interview. So far ALL interviews were done with the standard Target packet and all situational based questions and answers. Look up the STAR method, that really helped me to answer my questions. Situation (20%) ACTION (70%) Result (10%).

The final interview was a a phone interview, before this interview though I was to take a personality test/IQ test. You do not get any feedback or results from this test. Don't over think it. The phone interview was more causal and conversation but of course she threw in a couple behavioral based questions "tell me about a time..."

I was then notified a week later with my offer and start date.

Practice Practice Practice!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Flow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Medina, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

The online tests consisted of handling customers to working with employees. I had 2 1:1, consecutively. The first interview went well so they passed me to the store manager for an interview. They asked "what would you do" questions. I was offered the job shortly afterwards. Because the position starts before 5am I was given an additional $1/hour. I enjoyed that job a lot despite having only been a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you could not finish a project and what you did to get it done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary. They just asked what I expected to make.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

I appiied to Target via their web site on Tuesday, and got a call asking me for a 1:1 interview on Friday, which I accepted. The interview was scheduled for Monday at 2pm.

I went in and took a 20 minute personality test on a computer right before an employee greeted me. She then took me to their back room where the employees stay, and told me to that someone will be with me shortly. Fifteen minutes later another employee took me to a private room where she interviewed me. She asked questions based on the STAR method. After this first interview, I was again interviewed by another employee. She basically asked me the same questions, except some were slightly more difficult. Then she told me that the person who makes the hiring decisions is on vacation, and that I should be hearing from her when she comes back in a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to go above-and-beyond your skill level.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Mentor, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

The whole hiring and interview process went very quickly. I applied online, got my inerview the next day and was hired. Three managers came in one after the other asked basic retail questions and at the end offered me a job. They gave me a paper for the drug test, which had to be down within 24 hours and i was on my way.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not hard if u have retail expierence mainly about how I dealt with past customers.   Answer Question