Target Interview Questions in Ohio

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Guest Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2012.

I submitted my application and called to follow up because from experience if you don't call they won't call you. I walked in and they did two interviews one with the store team lead and one with the lead on duty. Then later that day the HR manager called to schedule another interview. After that I waited a week for a phone interview with the district team lead. Just be patient but persistent.

Interview Questions
    • All 4 interviews asked to tell about a time where you broke or went against a policy and what was the outcome and how did you deal with future instances regarding this rule   Answer Question
    • Name a time you mentored someone and what was the outcome and process.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were involved with a team where you had to submit a suggestion, what did you contribute to the team process and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation process. You went into your job offer with the rate of pay pre-determined and you accept it basically that was it.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

I practiced all the interview questions people had listed here before so I did really good. They used the same questions for my interview that are listed here. So I had all my answers already prepared and didn't stumble or have any awkward pauses.

Interview Questions:
    Tell about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.

Did you ever have to work in a group and what was the outcome?

Have you ever had a problem with one of you co-workers and how did you handle it?

Did you ever help someone and what was the outcome?

Tell about a time you felt stressed and what you did for it.

Etc.

I had an interview with a manager then another one with the HR person. I was offered a conditional job offer if my background check and drug test came back fine, so I knew I had the job before i left. Just practice your answers to the questions people have listed here and you will be fine!

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

They are very difficult to interview with if you're not ready for STAR questions. Also, they use tactics against you to test you. One of the interviewers may be extremely rude and hard to talk with, on purpose. It's just to see how you react. Oh, and the pay is not remotely worth the stress and agony people. You make like the flashy prospect of 45k a year... but you'll be a slave. 60 hours a week or more and treated like dirt. I'm happy I turned down my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Decided the stress and drama were not worth it.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

The target interview process my the ETL (and I assume management position) is lengthy and intimidating. My first interview consisted of a 1:1 with a store team leader. All interview questions are behavioral based. I read and reread all of these reviews on glass door throughout this entire process and they helped 100%!! Practice questions and situations, have multiple situations that can be used for multiple questions.

I was then passed to another store team leader for my second interview about a week later at another Target location. Same interview structure! 5 or so behavioral based questions "tell me about a time....".

I was then passed to the district team leader for a 1:1. I was given a drug packet and had to sign some release forms before the interview took pace, in the event that they were to make me an offer, I already had this paperwork. This seemed premature to me, but I didn't over think it. My 1:1 with the District team leader went good, (also all behavior based!) and I was then passed to his boss for a Fourth and final interview. So far ALL interviews were done with the standard Target packet and all situational based questions and answers. Look up the STAR method, that really helped me to answer my questions. Situation (20%) ACTION (70%) Result (10%).

The final interview was a a phone interview, before this interview though I was to take a personality test/IQ test. You do not get any feedback or results from this test. Don't over think it. The phone interview was more causal and conversation but of course she threw in a couple behavioral based questions "tell me about a time..."

I was then notified a week later with my offer and start date.

Practice Practice Practice!!!!

None

Flow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medina, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

The online tests consisted of handling customers to working with employees. I had 2 1:1, consecutively. The first interview went well so they passed me to the store manager for an interview. They asked "what would you do" questions. I was offered the job shortly afterwards. Because the position starts before 5am I was given an additional $1/hour. I enjoyed that job a lot despite having only been a seasonal position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you could not finish a project and what you did to get it done.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary. They just asked what I expected to make.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

I appiied to Target via their web site on Tuesday, and got a call asking me for a 1:1 interview on Friday, which I accepted. The interview was scheduled for Monday at 2pm.

I went in and took a 20 minute personality test on a computer right before an employee greeted me. She then took me to their back room where the employees stay, and told me to that someone will be with me shortly. Fifteen minutes later another employee took me to a private room where she interviewed me. She asked questions based on the STAR method. After this first interview, I was again interviewed by another employee. She basically asked me the same questions, except some were slightly more difficult. Then she told me that the person who makes the hiring decisions is on vacation, and that I should be hearing from her when she comes back in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to go above-and-beyond your skill level.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2011.

The whole hiring and interview process went very quickly. I applied online, got my inerview the next day and was hired. Three managers came in one after the other asked basic retail questions and at the end offered me a job. They gave me a paper for the drug test, which had to be down within 24 hours and i was on my way.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not hard if u have retail expierence mainly about how I dealt with past customers.   Answer Question

Distribution Center Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Jefferson, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

A target recruiter called out of the blue to describe the open position and determine if there was interest. After interest was expressed the recruiter scheduled a series of two to three phone screening interviews. A mixture of regular questions were asked paired with situational questions. After I passed the phone interview portions an on-site interview was scheduled. The on-site interviews consisted of three panel interviews with senior group leaders, general managers, and HR managers. Very strange environment. I was taken to multiple rooms for interviews and multiple areas while waiting by myself in between them. Each interview was lead by casually dressed individuals reading from a very scripted interview packet. You start to wonder if any of them could stand on their own two feet without the packets. Notes were taken on the packets in an obvious situation, action, result format. Important to have extremely specific examples prepared ahead of time that follow that format of what was the situation, what did you do, and what were the results of the actions. Best advice I can give is to have up to twelve examples rehearsed in the SAR format ahead of time.Good luck with the interview process. Get ready to appear as though you drank the kool-aid. Some of the questions were as follows:

Tell me about a time when you challenged someone to do a better job.

Describe a person you have had the most difficulty motivating.

Tell me about a time when you failed to deliver on a work commitment.

Provide an example when you helped someone improve their work performance.

Tell me about a time when you challenged the opinion of another in a group setting.

Describe a time when you hit a barrier or challenge to accomplish a goal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you brought up an issue to someone else that others were not comfortable bringing up.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

This was my first interview I applied online got called the next day for an interview. They made me take an IQ test on one of the computers when I didn't know the location of the computers I asked an employee and she was very nice and showed me where and who to talk to. The test just had some questions about averages and basic math skills. I had 2 interviews with them the first was a team leader she asked be basic questions like greatest strength, weaknesses, times you've helped others and so on. The second interview was with one of the execs and she asked the same questions pretty much just with a little different wording both were extremely nice and chatted a bit and laughed it was a fun interview.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

I definitely came on here for the interview questions, which would be a good idea if you're not good on the spot :) I had two people interview me and they hired me right there. Then I was told to come back for orientation. Its pretty much like situation questions and personality.

Interview Questions
    • What are your faults?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with another co-worker? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question