Target

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Utica, NY

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Interview process was less than palatable. Man basically read questions off a packet of papers, and i knew right there that this wasn't the place for me. Hours they were offering were nowhere near sufficient, either. 12 hours a week won't feed the bulldog for someone who has student loans coming due. Either way, it was just extremely awkward.

Interview Question – Tell us about a problem you've solved.   Answer Question

Largo, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a really long time. There were three interviews that I had to do - a Team Leader, the Team Leader that would be supervising me, and the Store Team Leader. What took so long was working around everybody's schedules. I found myself frequently calling back in order to "remind" them that I was waiting for an interview. It helped knowing the names of the people in HR in order to get directly to them.

Interview Question – Name a time you failed at something, and what you did about it?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – You can only apply online; either at home or store kiosk. They will call you to set up an interview time consistent with the position you are seeking; i.e. day interview for day job and night time (after 7pm-ish) for overnight positions. You'll meet with a Team Member who will provide paperwork and testing. Then another Team Member for a quick series of questions. Finally, a Team Lead will ask the very same questions the TM asked. You may or may not be offered a position on-the-spot.

Interview Question – Describe for me a time when you had to work with someone else to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-existant

Target (France)

I applied online - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call the next week. Generally you apply to several positions in the online system so when they call you in they'll tell you what positions they're looking to place you in. If you accept you'll have to take a mathematics and verbal skills test at a computer kiosk.

Following that I had two interviews. One with the HR manager and one with the executive team lead I'd work under. They were pretty similar. Mostly behavioral questions like, "Explain a difficult situation you faced recently and how you responded?"

I was offered the job on the spot after the interviews contingent on passing a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe a recent team project or effort you've participated in and how you contributed to the success of the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. They just tell you what the hourly pay rate will be and you can chose to accept or not.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Overnight Backroom Team Member interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.