Target

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.1

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Spoke with 3 interviewers. Very casual and friendly. Easy to ask questions and negotiate schedule. Even asked opinion which position is best fit for me. Hourly is set and non-negotiable. Early morning shift gets differential pay increasing pay from $8 (or $8.25) to $8.75 so I was told.

Schedule was negotiable, and they were somewhat flexible. Though certain blocks of time are non-negotiable. Pay was not negotiable. But I was offered my choice of 3 similar positions, and I decided based on schedule. I needed early mornings.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Applied online, got call back next day. Went in for interview had to take a simply assessment test. Afterwards two interviews back-to-back was told I was hired on the spot by HR lady. You sign some papers and they send you to take a drug test which has to be done within 24 hours. After that you wait for drug and background check to clear. Was called for orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions
    • The only reason the questions were difficult was because they are all situation-based questions. So you have to think of circumstances that relate to the questions quickly.   Answer Question
    Set pay, take or leave I assume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Target.

Interview was easy HR calls you does a phone interview ask situation question and etc then ask you when can you come in for a one on one interview same question has the phone one . My brother help got me this job lol after the interview you sitl down with the HR and they talk about what days you can work and how much your going to get pay and give you some papers and tell you to go to the clinic for a drug test. Then i got call a for a orientation you do get pay for it btw. after the orientation they well give you a tour around the store and then give you your temporary discount card and your schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Interview process was less than palatable. Man basically read questions off a packet of papers, and i knew right there that this wasn't the place for me. Hours they were offering were nowhere near sufficient, either. 12 hours a week won't feed the bulldog for someone who has student loans coming due. Either way, it was just extremely awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

You can only apply online; either at home or store kiosk. They will call you to set up an interview time consistent with the position you are seeking; i.e. day interview for day job and night time (after 7pm-ish) for overnight positions. You'll meet with a Team Member who will provide paperwork and testing. Then another Team Member for a quick series of questions. Finally, a Team Lead will ask the very same questions the TM asked. You may or may not be offered a position on-the-spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me a time when you had to work with someone else to achieve a goal.   Answer Question
    non-existant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2012.

The hiring process took a really long time. There were three interviews that I had to do - a Team Leader, the Team Leader that would be supervising me, and the Store Team Leader. What took so long was working around everybody's schedules. I found myself frequently calling back in order to "remind" them that I was waiting for an interview. It helped knowing the names of the people in HR in order to get directly to them.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed at something, and what you did about it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2012.

I attended two interviews on the same night. They were held in the Starbuck's at the store I was interviewing for. I first interviewed with one of the overnight Team Leads. It was very laid back. He just asked me about the stuff on my resume/application.

Very soon after that (less than five minutes) I interviewed with the overnight Executive Team Leader (the big boss of overnight). It was pretty much the same. He asked me about past experiences, using my resume/application as a reference.

Both interviewers seemed pretty easy going people. I'm sure this would just depend on the management of your particular store.

I dressed in slacks, button-up shirt, and a tie and did not feel overdressed, although anything more would've certainly been over the top. There were other interviewers dressed less nicely than me who also received positions.

Someone in the store HR department called a few days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the classic "What's you biggest weakness." Not really unexpected, but usually difficult.   View Answer
    Same starting pay as everyone else. No negotiations.