Target Overnight Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (San Pedro, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone call from HR, one on one interview with a manger then a second interview same day with a higher up. Send you to HR. Was offered job on the spot. Pretty standard question, use STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you had to resolve a conflict with a co-worker? What was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Humble, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied online for a part time seasonal position and was called within a week for an interview. Before meeting w/ the interviewer, they had me sit down and take a quick test about situations in the computer/application kiosks they have inside. It only took about 15 min. After I was done, they called me up to meet w/ them inside the board room. They would ask questions about your background and why you want to work with their company. They also asked what days would I be available and I responded that I had an open schedule to work any day of the week, so they really liked that. And they also asked about transportation if I have access to and I said yes and what really helps is if you live nearby and tell them how far you live from their store. They'll be happy to know that their employees live close so that running late wouldn't be a problem. They'll even have scenario based questions which aren't too tricky. The team was really friendly. Overall it was a great interview and great experience.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Kiosk Application and then 10 minuter interview. Interview was really informal and it was basically to make sure I was competent. The kiosk application was a lot more intense than the in-person interview. She told me by the ed of the interview that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (San Pedro, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out an online app to receive a call to attend a hiring opportunity two days later with less than twenty-four hour notice. I arrived at around 7:50am for the appointment that was at 8:00am. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire by returns in a little booth with a computer. Once me and two others finished that we were told to head to the pharmacy and go through the door on the right of it. They showed us a short two minute video about what working the sales floor of Target was all about, kind of weird since we were all here for overnight backroom stocking which meant we did not have to work with customers; the third male that was there was actually applying for an HQ position so even more baffling. After that it was around 9am we were all one by one taken out of the breakroom they left us in to be interviewed. The interview was very short and pretty simple even though most questions could not apply to me as I had not worked and they did not like any answers regarding school it seemed. Only about five questions were asked. She asked if I had any questions after she explained how the position I was applying for worked and if I was still interested. I was still interested and had asked around three or four questions regarding the position. She then led me back to the breakroom with the others who had came back before me to await another interviewer. At this time it may have been around 9:30am and they proceeded to leave us there for about an hour with no check up or anything. We had thought they had forgotten we were even there. Around 10:30am were finally interviewed once more, my second interview was very similar to the first except I was a lot less comfortable as I had been starving since the first interview concluded and had lost a lot of focus being there for about three hours being asked only roughly five questions. We concluded the interview and had asked me if I had any questions as the first interviewer did. I told him I did not as I had already asked all of them with the first interviewer not knowing we were going to be interviewed twice. He told me he and others would review my resume and what I had said in my interviews and give me a call. Around two days later I received an e-mail roughly around 3am thanking me for my interest but they could not offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest needed to find a pair of shoes and you noticed a pair in the wrong section? (Something like that.)   1 Answer
    • What would you if you rang something up at $19.99 and the customer claimed it was $17.99?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

phone interview. then face to face. then one more face to face interview. was very basic interview as i was trying to be an overnight stocker. they will go over your resume and it is a very basic interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you rung something up at 19.99 and the customer said it was 17.99   1 Answer

Found another job opportunity

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got called the next day. Went to interview 3 days later. Completed questionaire in store prior to interview, interviewed with team leader and HR right after. Really easy interview, everything's been discussed here with other reviewers. Hourly rate: 9:50 + 1 (for O/N) after that, it goes down to 9.50

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

I was turned down without even being given an interview. I filled out the application in store, was told to wait for a manager to come out, the manager came out and said they didn't want to hire me for the position I applied for. Instead they wanted to know if I'd apply for a cashier position instead which I declined.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to apply for a position I didn't want.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Called to follow up, HR pulled my app. Got a call a month later from HR to schedule a phone interview then was told to come in for an in person interview. I wasn't interviewed for the position I initially applied for.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational questions. Name a time you worked with a group to accomplish a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Durham, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

one on one sit down interview and they just ask the basic question every company asks it can candidates. they ask about work experiences and work ethic. they also asked how you would handle certain events

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Got hired on the spot. Interview was straight forward. They are trying to figure out if your a team player or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase