Target

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Got hired on the spot. Interview was straight forward. They are trying to figure out if your a team player or not.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Bay Shore, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – There are three steps to the hiring process. The first is the phone interview. The second is an interview with the overnight shift supervisor or supervisor assistant. The third is a meeting with the human resource representative, where he/she will discuss the drug test and background check, and salary.

Interview Question – Lots of the interview questions are "what would you do in ____ situation"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basically pay and working hours are not negotiable. Days per week to work are negotiable.

Manchester, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went in for my first and only interview. I was asked many situational questions by one manager and then asked a few more by another manager. I was then told I would be hearing from them. They never called me back.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult but it could be nerve wrecking due to the fact that they ask you a random situational question and you have to answer how you think they'd like.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online it took 3 weeks to get an interview. There was a phone interview that was extremely simple, then a face to face interview. The face to face interview was more difficult because I was interviewed by 2 different people. After both interviews I received a call 2 days later offering me a position with the company

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. You receive what the company offered and nothing more

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within three days. My interview was the week after. I took a test about math skills. Then I sat down with three different interviews who basically asked the same questions over and over. They offered be a job on the spot. Orientation was two weeks later.

Interview Question – Have you ever had trouble with a co-worker? Why and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Rego Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview and then an in person interview, Waited about two hours for the interview which took 5 minutes, Told to wait after the interview in which i was given a conditional job offer as a part time stocker.

Interview Question – Tell me one time you made a mistake and what you did to resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negation base pay for an overnight stocker was 10.50/hr

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Just one interview very straight forward STAR questions. 1. If a customer says an item is $17.99, but it rings up $19.99, what would you do? 2. If a customer wants an item, but it is no longer in stock, what would you do? 3. Why do you want to work for target. etc.

Interview Question – There is not a difficult question. It was all straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2012.

Interview Details – At first you complete a basic questionnaire when you get there just to make sure you can do basic math. Then you are interviewed by a team leader with very simple questions about past experiences. After that you are interviewed by a LOD (Manager) with more questions that are little more tough but also very simple. It takes about 20 minutes and I was offered a job right after and was given a form to take a drug test that day. I went to interview for overnight but ending up being on the price change team.

Interview Question – Name a time someone did something you didn't agree with and how you handled it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but due to past experience I got offered a lot more than is normal.

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – It was intimidating when the interview started. A group of about 20 people including myself took the basic math and situation written test then went to another room and waited to be interviewed. The first manager who interviewed me was nice and asked situational questions ( describe a time you did something you had no experience with ) and then I was interviewed by a second manager who asked similar questions. She was impressed with me because I had a resume to hand her, I answered every single question she asked and when she asked me why I had no previous work experience I told her that you need to get a job to have experience and she liked my answer. It took them months to actually hire me because of mistakes on their end and I had to retake the initial drug test as well as fill out another application online.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Target?
Tell me about a time you had to work a a team.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Normal wage was 8.75 and since I worked overnight I got an extra dollar, so I made 9.75.

Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had to go in at 9:30 Pm and do a questionnaire on the computer. Then I was given interview which were about 7 behavioral questions. The interviewer explained to me in great detail about getting merchandise to the floor and the system that they use. So I was told that I will be getting a phone call within the next couple days. I waited and never received a phone call, so I checked my email and saw that I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!