Target

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.4

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

phone interview. then face to face. then one more face to face interview. was very basic interview as i was trying to be an overnight stocker. they will go over your resume and it is a very basic interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you rung something up at 19.99 and the customer said it was 17.99   View Answer

Found another job opportunity

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in January 2015.

Applied online and got called the next day. Went to interview 3 days later.

Completed questionaire in store prior to interview, interviewed with team leader and HR right after. Really easy interview, everything's been discussed here with other reviewers.

Hourly rate: 9:50 + 1 (for O/N) after that, it goes down to 9.50

Overnight Stocker Interview

I was turned down without even being given an interview. I filled out the application in store, was told to wait for a manager to come out, the manager came out and said they didn't want to hire me for the position I applied for. Instead they wanted to know if I'd apply for a cashier position instead which I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Was I willing to apply for a position I didn't want.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

Called to follow up, HR pulled my app. Got a call a month later from HR to schedule a phone interview then was told to come in for an in person interview. I wasn't interviewed for the position I initially applied for.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Name a time you worked with a group to accomplish a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Got hired on the spot. Interview was straight forward. They are trying to figure out if your a team player or not.

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

There are three steps to the hiring process. The first is the phone interview. The second is an interview with the overnight shift supervisor or supervisor assistant. The third is a meeting with the human resource representative, where he/she will discuss the drug test and background check, and salary.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of the interview questions are "what would you do in ____ situation"   View Answer
    Basically pay and working hours are not negotiable. Days per week to work are negotiable.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Just one interview very straight forward STAR questions. 1. If a customer says an item is $17.99, but it rings up $19.99, what would you do? 2. If a customer wants an item, but it is no longer in stock, what would you do? 3. Why do you want to work for target. etc.

Interview Questions
    • There is not a difficult question. It was all straight forward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in August 2013.

One phone interview and then an in person interview, Waited about two hours for the interview which took 5 minutes, Told to wait after the interview in which i was given a conditional job offer as a part time stocker.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time you made a mistake and what you did to resolve it   Answer Question
    No negation base pay for an overnight stocker was 10.50/hr

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

It was intimidating when the interview started. A group of about 20 people including myself took the basic math and situation written test then went to another room and waited to be interviewed. The first manager who interviewed me was nice and asked situational questions ( describe a time you did something you had no experience with ) and then I was interviewed by a second manager who asked similar questions. She was impressed with me because I had a resume to hand her, I answered every single question she asked and when she asked me why I had no previous work experience I told her that you need to get a job to have experience and she liked my answer. It took them months to actually hire me because of mistakes on their end and I had to retake the initial drug test as well as fill out another application online.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Target?
      Tell me about a time you had to work a a team.

Answer Question
    No. Normal wage was 8.75 and since I worked overnight I got an extra dollar, so I made 9.75.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

They have you come in through the employee entrance (depending on what time your interview is, mine was before the store opened). They let me in and shortly after I was called into an office where my interview began. Some of the questions they asked included:

Why do you think you’d be a good employee here?

Name your strengths and Weaknesses.

Why Target?

Tell me about a time you had to do something outside of your skill set

Describe a time where you helped someone out without them asking

Describe a time where you had to step up and lead a team

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to make a difficult decision. What decision did you make and how did it impact your peers?   Answer Question