Target Overnight Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.4

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Overnight Stocker Interview

I was turned down without even being given an interview. I filled out the application in store, was told to wait for a manager to come out, the manager came out and said they didn't want to hire me for the position I applied for. Instead they wanted to know if I'd apply for a cashier position instead which I declined.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Called to follow up, HR pulled my app. Got a call a month later from HR to schedule a phone interview then was told to come in for an in person interview. I wasn't interviewed for the position I initially applied for.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions. Name a time you worked with a group to accomplish a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parma, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

I was could for interview which would take place one week later. While at the place for interview I had to wait for a half hour before being seen Than the whole interview took about ten min I was like I waited all this time for a short talk

Interview Questions
    • How would you take care of a visitor that it yelling I was thinking to myself I work during the time the store is closed I will not have anyone in the store .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Got hired on the spot. Interview was straight forward. They are trying to figure out if your a team player or not.

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bay Shore, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

There are three steps to the hiring process. The first is the phone interview. The second is an interview with the overnight shift supervisor or supervisor assistant. The third is a meeting with the human resource representative, where he/she will discuss the drug test and background check, and salary.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of the interview questions are "what would you do in ____ situation"   View Answer
    Basically pay and working hours are not negotiable. Days per week to work are negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

I went in for my first and only interview. I was asked many situational questions by one manager and then asked a few more by another manager. I was then told I would be hearing from them. They never called me back.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult but it could be nerve wrecking due to the fact that they ask you a random situational question and you have to answer how you think they'd like.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

After applying online it took 3 weeks to get an interview. There was a phone interview that was extremely simple, then a face to face interview. The face to face interview was more difficult because I was interviewed by 2 different people. After both interviews I received a call 2 days later offering me a position with the company

Interview Questions
    Nothing was negotiable. You receive what the company offered and nothing more

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

I applied online and received a call within three days. My interview was the week after. I took a test about math skills. Then I sat down with three different interviews who basically asked the same questions over and over. They offered be a job on the spot. Orientation was two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had trouble with a co-worker? Why and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

One phone interview and then an in person interview, Waited about two hours for the interview which took 5 minutes, Told to wait after the interview in which i was given a conditional job offer as a part time stocker.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time you made a mistake and what you did to resolve it   Answer Question
    No negation base pay for an overnight stocker was 10.50/hr

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Just one interview very straight forward STAR questions. 1. If a customer says an item is $17.99, but it rings up $19.99, what would you do? 2. If a customer wants an item, but it is no longer in stock, what would you do? 3. Why do you want to work for target. etc.

Interview Questions
    • There is not a difficult question. It was all straight forward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!