Target Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Structured interview process - 1st interview at store, 2nd interview at store and 3rd interview at the district level. The interview questions are behavior based questions and are looking for the situation, your actions and the result of the situation (what you learned).

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Lititz, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Target is a typical retail interview, you will be asked to complete a brief computer questionnaire followed by three interviews. Be prepared for questions! Here's the process and some pro tips to help you along the way.

Process:
    1. Computer questionnaire – You will be asked around 10 questions about how you would respond to retail scenarios. Don't sweat it, there really isn't a right answer.
    2. Interview #1 – You will be asked why you are interested in working for target. Next, how you'd respond to various situations from a previous job or school experience. i.e. “What is your greatest strength?” It is very important to give a quick answer and be honest. The interviewer will confirm your availability.
    3. Video – You'll watch a short introductory video to the jobs at Target. Pay attention! The next interviewer will ask what you thought of it. I noticed that he wrote my comment down.
    4. Interview #2 – Things are looking good if you've made it this far. The next interviewer offered me the job and got to know me personally. Again asked situation questions such as “How did you go above and beyond in your past job? Whats your greatest weakness? What's your long term goal?”
    5. Interview #3 – You'll sign paperwork confirming your availability to work and legal status. You are either hired or placed in a pool of candidates.
    6. Get yourself a treat at Starbucks! You deserve it :)

Pro tops:
    1. All three of your interviewers will be in the store on a Tuesday morning. Get an interview on a Tuesday at 10 o'clock. Otherwise you might end up having to schedule three separate interviews.
    3. **Wear a suit or dress pants and shirt!** I got lots of complements on wearing a suit to my interview as well as complaints that people show up poorly groomed. One interviewee was wearing pajamas. Groom yourself, look your best. This goes a long way.
    4. Target will ask you about your competency with technology. Make sure you can use a keyboard, mouse, and internet browser for the questionnaire.
    5. Reflect on your past work experience so you can quickly answer questions during the interview.
    6. Be prepared to answer lots of questions about how you handled situations in previous jobs.
    7. Arrive 15 minutes early.

Afterthoughts:
    This was a very easy, low-pressure interview. Just be yourself and sell yourself.

Guest Service Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Springfield, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

My interview process was amazing. I had a total of 3 interviews. Two in person on the same day and then a a phone interview the following week with the District Team Leader. They were very quick with there interview process i had only applied about a week prior to being interviewed. They were all great

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you didnt necessarily agree with compa company policy and how did you work with that? what was the outcome and did you offer any feedback?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Abington, PA).

Interview

I applied online for this position, ( advertised as requiring no experience )over two months ago and never even received acknowledgement of my application. I checked online to verify that my application had been received, and it had. Next, I called human resources who told me that my application would be reviewed and that I would be receiving a phone call in a few days. That was one and 1/2 months ago.

Two weeks ago I walked into the store and attempted to fill out an application at a kiosk, as I saw that the position had been advertised a second time since I originally applied. The system would not allow me to fill out an application saying that I had already applied for the position and "would be contacted when a position became available".

I walked back to the pharmacy and introduced myself the Pharmacy Manager, told him I had applied online in early September, and asked when the position would become available. He seemed flustered by my question. He said that the hours were "constantly changing, that 'his student's' had been covering the hours, and that right now, there were only 10 hours/week available".

I replied that the amount of hours would be perfect for my needs at this time. He then welcomed me to fill out an application. I repeated that I had already filled out an application 2 months prior and had just attempted to fill out another at the kiosk. He replied that "if I had, he would have seen it in his inbox". I offered to fill out a new one, if the system would allow me. He then asked me for my name, scribbled it on a piece of scrap paper with other things scribbled on it, and told me he would look it up and call me tomorrow.

Still waiting for that phone call...

Interview Questions

• No questions at all. Not even a chance to have an interview.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Allentown, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was called the following day to set up an interview. At the store I answered a few "scenario" questions online similar to those on the original application. I then watched a short video which outlined the basics of the job. The interviiewer was very friendly and easy to talk with. I woman and asked the sasked the same questions that others have posted here on Glassdoor. I then met with the store manager. Again, very personable woman asked me the "shoe" question. I was than asked to wait for the human resources manager. Unfortunately I was unable to begin work on the date that they offered and so could not accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult and none were unexpected thanks to posting of questions here on Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Could not start on date offered

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Where: On-campus interview
    When: Early October (hiring for both December and June start dates)

I conducted a ~60 minute online assessment. It was broken into a few time sections. Some were definitely personality-placing questions, while others were analytical. I ran out of time on one of the analytical sections.

I had an 8:30am interview slot on a Monday, and the interview lasted about 25 minutes. Things began kind of sloppily (I sat inside the room as multiple Target employees were outside arguing about which two would be interviewing me...... awkward). The interviewers were both local Store Managers, not members of HR. I understand the occasional hiccup in interviewing structure, so no big deal; I looked past this.

One Store Manager wrote notes while the other asked questions. I brought resumes, but neither wanted to see them and instead asked me to tell them about my past job experience. Then they asked me about where I saw myself in 5 years. If you give them too vague of an answer, they will ask follow-up questions to really get a good feel for where you stand.

The behavioral question portion got to be pretty annoying. Although I answered in full and explained the situations, my actions, and the outcomes extremely clearly and in detail, the interviewer asked more and more nit-picky questions. I've been previously praised on my interview skills; so I was a bit taken aback when they pushed and pushed like that. I'm an outgoing, composed (not nervous), individual but this interview style made me feel increasingly on-edge.

Overall, I walked out of the interview with a bad taste in my mouth. An interview is as much about an applicant impressing the company as it is the company impressing the applicant. Right off the bat, the interviewers expressed disinterest (not very discretely) in interviewing me because it was early on a Monday- simply unprofessional. I overlooked that; but the way the interview was conducted made me uncomfortable and almost defensive.

If this interview spoke at all to the culture of a Target store and its management, I would not want to have anything to do with this company

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in disagreement with a boss or mentor, and how did you deal with this.   Answer Question

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Reading, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied the night before and got a call back the next morning. Total of three interviews... Yeah I know, Ridiculous! Went through the first two interviews but wasn't hired in the end. Such a waste of my time.The hiring managers were very nice and friendly though. They emailed me about a week later saying that try couldn't offer me the job, but thanks for my interest. Never again!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did something above and beyond than what you had to.   1 Answer

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

applied online, received a call that week to do a phone interview which took about 15 minutes. the lady was really nice, asked typical questions, why do you want to work here, experience, a time where you showed customer service etc. be prepared and youll be fine

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you excelled over your work   1 Answer

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (West Mifflin, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call within a day of applying for the jobs. When I arrived for my interview, I was asked to take a quick questionnaire on their computer system. The questionnaire has approximately 10-12 questions, some were math based and you had to use the graph provided to answer the questions. It was fairly easy and only took about 10 minutes. After completing it, I was asked to wait in the food court area until someone was available for the interview. I waited probably 10 minutes or so until she showed up. We went back into her office, which was very small. She had my folder that contained a print out of my application. We went over the hours I would be available and what the job entailed. I didn't think that this was one of the jobs I applied for, but continued the interview anyway. She had a booklet that contained questions that she asked me and she wrote down my responses. The first question she asked was "Why do you want to work for Target?" There were 3 other questions that had 3 parts to them: the problem, what I did, and the outcome. She once again recorded my answers. After completing those questions, she informed me that the person who hired for that department was off today and that I should expect a phone call within a day or so for either another interview or job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was sometime that you did your job above the expectations of the job?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, two days later I had a phone interview, got invited to the store for a one on one. Had to do a computer assessment and then watch a video. Hired on the spot after face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations