Target

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Malvern, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – They birng you in and ask you questions about your communication skills, your ability to talk to costomers. They like to see previous experience and weather or not you can talk.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a seasonal position (it was a month before Thanksgiving and the store has hiring sign when i visited) and got a called for my interview the day after. It was a phone interview during day time. The interviewer called me about half hour after the designated time and we had an interview for about half an hour. The questions were the basic interview questions. Then they talk about the timing and schedule. Email is sent to notify me that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, strength and weakness, tell me one time when people say "wow" to what I did, what do I know about Target, why I want to work here,   Answer Question

Instocks Team Member Interview

Instocks Team Member
Phila, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details – I received a message on the phone then did a round robin of interviews. Then I went for a drug test. After that came back clean I was given an offer. The process seemed somewhat unorganized and there was not a sense of calm professionalism but rather a rushed and stressful demeanor of the interviewers.

Interview Question – Not really anything in particular comes to mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. I was in bad straits and took what I could get.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, two days later I had a phone interview, got invited to the store for a one on one. Had to do a computer assessment and then watch a video. Hired on the spot after face to face interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Human Resources Team Member
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Simple. The first is over the phone and if you accomplish that well, you'll get the face to face interview with one of the managers. I originally applied to be just a cashier but my experience got me into Human Resources.

Interview Question – They ask the usual behavior questions: what are your strengths, weaknesses, how to handle worst customers, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Team Leader, Pharmacy Manager Interview

Executive Team Leader, Pharmacy Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – Target has a ridiculously long interview process. I had one phone pre-screen with an HR recruiter from corporate (Minnesota). Then, I had to complete a 2-hour, online test with personality, logic and math questions. Next, I had a separate phone interview with same HR recruiter, followed by in-person interview with district pharmacy manager. Finally, I had a phone interview with the district store leader (not a pharmacist).

Interview Question – None. If you prepare for situational/behavioral questions using the STAR method and keep your answers specific and concise, you will likely do well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me more money than I had asked for, so I did not need to negotiate.

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

Cafe Team Member - Food Service
Phila, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy interview and relaxed atmosphere

Interview Question – None really they were very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No was given an offer and I accepted

Intern Interview

Intern
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I did an interview on campus initially. Later on I was selected to move on to the second round of interviews! That interview was at a Target district office with a district manager. The first interview I thought had more behavioral questions, whereas the second I thought was more situational.

Interview Question – I can't really remember any crazy out of the box questions, but in terms of the format of the answer they wanted that proved a bit difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the timeline that I had to accept or deny the internship, I was not really able to negotiate salary but they were very generous.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Abington, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was extremely long and was unprepared for it. Got the job on the spot but limited flexibility, very fast process.

Interview Question – None really, all questions were to be expected for retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to rally for a similar position with slightly higher pay.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was contacted via email by a recruiter within a few days. She conducted a phone interview, which I thought went very well. She then set me up for 2 more interviews, one with a Store Team Leader (essentially a General Manager) and one with a District Team Leader. Both interviews went very well in my opinion. Questions are very situational and range from asking about your leadership capability to your specific performance, strengths and weaknesses. They use a STAR interview style, so make sure to look it up if you don't know what it is.

Anyways, as a Supervisor at Best Buy, I was more than equipped to answer most leadership-related situational questions, and as I said, the interviews seemed to go very well.

In addition to the interview, you will be required to take an online aptitude test. This thing is no joke. It's full questions that intentionally try to trip you up and often presents you with several correct answers, requiring you to choose the most correct. It will take you an hour or more.

In the end, I received a generic email rejection, along with another email stating a job opportunity matching my qualifications had just been opened at Target. It was the exact job I had applied for. This was most upsetting because I am qualified for the job and had pretty good interviews. It would be easier if someone had beat me out for the job, but for them to have a qualified candidate go through the entire interview process just to reject is kind of messed up. Will not be applying for Target again anytime soon.

Interview Question – The District Team Leader asked to explain a time when I failed at something or messed up. What did I do to make it right and what was the result.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Pennsylvania. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.