Target

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – First was the telephone conversation with recruiter. A couple days later they set up a 1 on 1 on-site interview with district manager. Interview process was very efficient; they would follow up with feedback the next day.

Interview Question – How do you imagine a day in the pharmacy is like for pharmacists at target?   Answer Question

Pharmacist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Be prepare for behavioral based interview questions. You need to be able to speak to your experiences and specifically articulate your strengths and why you are a good fit for the job through your answers. Prepare for the interviews and do research to make sure you understand what you are being asked and why. Answer with Situation, Actions, and Results with an emphasis on your actions and how the demonstrate leadership.

Interview Question – All questions will start with "Tell me about a time when" or "tell me about a situation when"...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation for experienced candidates, no negotiation for those fresh out of school. However, the pay is competitive so if you are already doing better with the original offer take what you can get without chancing the impression you make asking for more.

Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed recruiter directly and was contacted shortly thereafter with a list of markets currently with openings. Interview process involved two separate interviews with questions primarily about my experiences. They ask that you answer the questions using the STAR model (situation, task, action, result). I would recommend making a list of situations or experiences beforehand so there isn't too much thinking of situations during the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when someone you worked with wasn't doing what they were supposed to do   Answer Question

Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had phone interview with a recruiter a few days later, followed by an in-person interview with store manager. Then another interview with the district manager. During each stage I was asked 3-4 questions and was told to answer by describing a situation pertaining to the question, what was the action taken, and what was the result. In addition, the standard "why do you want to work for Target" and "why are you a pharmacist" questions were asked.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you didn't meet a deadline   Answer Question

Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Took two weeks before a recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview (which lasted about 15 minutes). After passing the phone screening, I got an 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. Took days to get another (third interview) with an executive district leader (interview lasted about 30 minutes). Two days later got a call from the recruiter and was offered the position.

Interview Question – How do you handle a team member who doesn't pull their weight around?
Tell us about yourself.
Why target?
  Answer Question

Pharmacist

I applied online - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a positive experience. Did the phone interview and then got called in for a 2 on 1 interview. Did not make it to the next round.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you enhanced some one else's skillset.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Apply online. First phone interview then 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when things didn't go the way you wanted them to   Answer Question

Pharmacist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 2 face to face interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your boss and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmacist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Extremely long but by all means doable process. Had in-person interview at recruiting day on campus. Got called back for a 2nd interview at the district office. Had a follow-up phone call (basically an informal interview) then ended up with an offer on the 4th piece of communication. All in all took about 10 weeks. Just be yourself and read the rest of the posts that give examples of interview questions as they are great practice.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you mentored someone.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details – There are usually multiple steps involved in screening, phone interview, 1-on-1 interview, group/panel interview, and an online assessment in-between. The person who received an offer from Target stated she had gone through 5 or 6 of the above in one way or another. I did 1-on-1, and 2-on-1 with an online assessment.

Questionnaire is long on behavioral situations. Some fun problem-based questions at the end.
Interview utilizes S.T.A.R. method using situation-based approaches to problems you've had in the past.

Interview Question – When they press for a time where you felt you didn't fit in a situation, like "name a time when you struggled with a group on a project." Its difficult to make some things fit when you disagree that you had such a situation that might apply.   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!