Target Pharmacist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The questions are situational. Tell me about a time when... What took place. What was the action? What was the result? Situation-Action-Result After the questioning asked if I had any questions for the interviewer?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received conflicting information.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume online, I got a phone call to set up a phone interview. I then did a phone interview which went well so I was called for an in- person interview at a local Target store. This interview was about 1 hour long with two people, one was the store manager, the other a pharmacy district manager

Interview Questions

• Many behavior based questions that required a three part answer like what the problem was, what I did to resolve it and what the outcome was   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online with no response. I then emailed the campus recruiter and had a phone interview scheduled within 1 week. Prior to my interview being scheduled the recruiter said that they were pretty much fully staffed at the moment but she would interview me just in case something changed and I figured it would be good practice either way. Target does provide an information sheet with types of behavioral interview answers to have prepared which made the phone interview super easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral interview questions. i.e. tell me about a time when...you led a team and...you provided difficult feedback to someone. One awkward question was for me to walk her through my resume which she said she had a copy of in front of her.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in May 2015.

Interview

This entailed three interviews. The first one with hr recruiter, then store manager then district manager and a pharmacist. The first two interviews were very straight forward and behavior like questions that were reasonable for what the job is. The third interview was actually uncomfortable and somewhat unprofessional. I don't believe that some of the questions that were asked pertained to the job at hand. There were no questions regarding my clinical and pharmacy knowledge or even asked behavior like questions regarding pharmacy. All the questions that were asked seems to be a better fit for a project manager or store manager type of job interview. Pharmacy is so different than those types of jobs that I would of thought that they would asked me more direct pharmacy related questions, especially considering that I have 20 years of pharmacy experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you lead a team to over come a problem   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview is a great way to learn about company. There is a telephone interview and an in person one. Must be prepared by providing examples. I think that the process is vigorous and i would recommend applying to this company.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter by telephone. I then had an in-person interview with the store and pharmacy managers. They started out by asking me to tell about myself and why I was interested in Target. Both interviews followed the behavioral interview format. Each time, they asked about four or five "Tell me about a time when..." questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't able to finish a task.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

All questions were behavioral questions. You need to describe the situation and what you did to improve the outcome. I actually like those questions because they test my logical and communication skills. As a pharmacist, it is important to be able to communicate efficiently with the customers and other healthcare professionals

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something unexpected happened and what you did to fix the situation.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to a position that was listed on the Target Careers website and was contacted via email the next day to set up a time for a phone interview scheduled for the following week. I interviewed with a pharmacy recruiter and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. She told me more information about the store location and benefits for the part time staff pharmacist position. She asked me to walk her through my previous work history, why retail, why Target, why this city (as it would require relocation for me) before moving on to the behavioral interview questions.

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

STAR process, was an internal candidate and had three interviews. Overall process took almost four months. Just make sure you have the situations made up before hand-whats your biggest mistake, stress on leadership, etc.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

3 tier interview: HR, "team leader", "store leader". You will never have the opportunity to talk to a pharmacy staff/pharmacist during interview process. 1st interview: HR had recorded my phone number incorrectly. So, I had to reschedule my interview. 2nd interview: interviewer forgot about my scheduled interview. So, I had to reschedule. 3rd interview: interviewer was 10 minutes late at calling me and she was very quick to get the interview over with. It was a 2 month process. These were all done via phone interviews. They are looking for some particular people to employ. At least, this particular store manager. Target is a great company. But I find their interview process overly lengthy and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me about a time..." behavioral interview question   Answer Question