Target

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a positive experience. Did the phone interview and then got called in for a 2 on 1 interview. Did not make it to the next round.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you enhanced some one else's skillset.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Apply online. First phone interview then 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when things didn't go the way you wanted them to   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 2 face to face interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your boss and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmacist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Extremely long but by all means doable process. Had in-person interview at recruiting day on campus. Got called back for a 2nd interview at the district office. Had a follow-up phone call (basically an informal interview) then ended up with an offer on the 4th piece of communication. All in all took about 10 weeks. Just be yourself and read the rest of the posts that give examples of interview questions as they are great practice.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you mentored someone.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview Details – There are usually multiple steps involved in screening, phone interview, 1-on-1 interview, group/panel interview, and an online assessment in-between. The person who received an offer from Target stated she had gone through 5 or 6 of the above in one way or another. I did 1-on-1, and 2-on-1 with an online assessment.

Questionnaire is long on behavioral situations. Some fun problem-based questions at the end.
Interview utilizes S.T.A.R. method using situation-based approaches to problems you've had in the past.

Interview Question – When they press for a time where you felt you didn't fit in a situation, like "name a time when you struggled with a group on a project." Its difficult to make some things fit when you disagree that you had such a situation that might apply.   View Answer

Pharmacist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – applied trough target site and took 2 weeks to get email from recruiter.
I had phone interview with recruiter

Interview Question – asked about past experiences   Answer Question

Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was via phone. STAR interview questions were asked. Next one is with a pharmacy manager at the store. The last interview was with the pharmacy district manager.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you skillset was challenged.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in May 2009.

Interview Details – Prescreening process is done to eliminate candidates they deem unsuitable for the job.Questions are also designed to see if the job seeker will be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – How did you handle internal conflict at your old job>   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied for position on indeed.com, was contacted through email by recruiter to set up a phone interview

Interview Question – Name a weakness and how you can change in order to accommodate for it   Answer Question

Pharmacist

I interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was with the recruiter. Asked basic info about my resume, strengths and weaknesses, and situational questions. Second interview was with a district manager, with several situational questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to guide someone through a task   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Pharmacist interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.