Target Pharmacist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

3.7

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

I applied online, and got an email from the Target recruiter within a couple weeks. First starts with phone interview which was only 10-15 min long, then online assessment followed by two more interviews with store manager and PDM.

Interview Questions
  • 1- Tell us about yourself (Education background and professional experience)
    2- Why target?
        why retail?
    3- Tell me about your strengths
    4- Name a weakness and how you can change in order to accommodate for it
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

initial phone interview with pharmacist. Complete an application on Target careers online. Facetime interview the next business day with regional manager. All "tell me about a when..." type questions. Started out with telling about myself. Asked why I want to work for Target. Asked to tell about a time when I had to prioritize

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you recieved 2 conflicting pieces of information & had to make a decision   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

First was the telephone conversation with recruiter. A couple days later they set up a 1 on 1 on-site interview with district manager. Interview process was very efficient; they would follow up with feedback the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you imagine a day in the pharmacy is like for pharmacists at target?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Be prepare for behavioral based interview questions. You need to be able to speak to your experiences and specifically articulate your strengths and why you are a good fit for the job through your answers. Prepare for the interviews and do research to make sure you understand what you are being asked and why. Answer with Situation, Actions, and Results with an emphasis on your actions and how the demonstrate leadership.

Interview Questions
    • All questions will start with "Tell me about a time when" or "tell me about a situation when"...   Answer Question
    Negotiation for experienced candidates, no negotiation for those fresh out of school. However, the pay is competitive so if you are already doing better with the original offer take what you can get without chancing the impression you make asking for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Emailed recruiter directly and was contacted shortly thereafter with a list of markets currently with openings. Interview process involved two separate interviews with questions primarily about my experiences. They ask that you answer the questions using the STAR model (situation, task, action, result). I would recommend making a list of situations or experiences beforehand so there isn't too much thinking of situations during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when someone you worked with wasn't doing what they were supposed to do   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Applied online. Had phone interview with a recruiter a few days later, followed by an in-person interview with store manager. Then another interview with the district manager. During each stage I was asked 3-4 questions and was told to answer by describing a situation pertaining to the question, what was the action taken, and what was the result. In addition, the standard "why do you want to work for Target" and "why are you a pharmacist" questions were asked.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

I applied online. Took two weeks before a recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview (which lasted about 15 minutes). After passing the phone screening, I got an 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. Took days to get another (third interview) with an executive district leader (interview lasted about 30 minutes). Two days later got a call from the recruiter and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a team member who doesn't pull their weight around?
      Tell us about yourself.
      Why target?
        Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

It was a positive experience. Did the phone interview and then got called in for a 2 on 1 interview. Did not make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you enhanced some one else's skillset.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Apply online. First phone interview then 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when things didn't go the way you wanted them to   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Phone interview, 2 face to face interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your boss and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!