Target Pharmacist Interview Questions & Reviews

3.7

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

There are usually multiple steps involved in screening, phone interview, 1-on-1 interview, group/panel interview, and an online assessment in-between. The person who received an offer from Target stated she had gone through 5 or 6 of the above in one way or another. I did 1-on-1, and 2-on-1 with an online assessment.

Questionnaire is long on behavioral situations. Some fun problem-based questions at the end.
Interview utilizes S.T.A.R. method using situation-based approaches to problems you've had in the past.

Interview Questions
  • When they press for a time where you felt you didn't fit in a situation, like "name a time when you struggled with a group on a project." Its difficult to make some things fit when you disagree that you had such a situation that might apply.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Pharmacist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

applied trough target site and took 2 weeks to get email from recruiter.
    I had phone interview with recruiter

Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

First interview was via phone. STAR interview questions were asked. Next one is with a pharmacy manager at the store. The last interview was with the pharmacy district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you skillset was challenged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Target in May 2009.

Prescreening process is done to eliminate candidates they deem unsuitable for the job.Questions are also designed to see if the job seeker will be a good fit for the company.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target.

Applied for position on indeed.com, was contacted through email by recruiter to set up a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a weakness and how you can change in order to accommodate for it   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

interviewed at Target in May 2013.

First interview was with the recruiter. Asked basic info about my resume, strengths and weaknesses, and situational questions. Second interview was with a district manager, with several situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to guide someone through a task   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Phone interview with HR. Asked several specific questions right away. I honestly was not prepared since this was the first step into the interview process. I suggest anyone looking into Target for a pharmacist position to be extremely prepared. Target pharmacy is one of the most difficult companies to obtain a position in retail pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you had to deal with a controversy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Phone: Describe a project that stretched your skill set, describe how you made a decision without a lot of information to go on, describe a situation where you challenged a peer, describe a professional relationship that was difficult, describe an event you were responsible for, describe a project that stretched your skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you challenged peer or supervisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

contacted the recruiter for Texas, she had openings in Oklahoma, quick few questions from her about strength/ weaknesses ...why target ect. few days later got scheduled for interview with target store manager. Was well prepared for the STAR method questions and made it to round 3 which they dropped on me on the next day. did not go as well cause the questions were tricky and I hadn't time to prepare more scenarios and i exhausted 5 from previous interview.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult but was one of the last and found it hard to come up with something on spot. everyone can think of something but when there is dead space on phone you start to sweat. when was a time where u had to convince someone you work with to do something they didn't want to do. Time when you took charge of group. many leadership based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

I had phone interview with a recruiter , she asked me about why I want to join target,