Target

Target Project Manager Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Quick, Behavioral based interview

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected question - Was I still interested in relocating.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in January 2011.

The hiring process is well organized. Target kept me up to date in a timely manner. Interview questions were all narrative based focusing on soft skills used in past negative situations, my reaction to those situations, and the outcome of the interaction. Questions were predetermined by HR, so none of the people I interviewed with had a chance to ask questions they had prepared. There was very little opportunity to talk about past project successes. There were five minutes allotted for me to ask each interviewee questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deliver bad news to decision makers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in April 2010.

Target uses a pretty formal interview process. They started with a phone screening with HR where they asked me to walk through my work history and my strengths and weaknesses (or as Target calls them - opportunities). When I came back in for the in person interviews I met with three different managers including the hiring manager. All three of the people asked me five situational questions like, "Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict. What was the situation and what was the outcome?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't really like. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all of the information. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I asked for more money and was told Target doesn't usually negotiate, but they wanted me to be happy with my offer so they gave me more money. My advice is: negotiate!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in January 2010.

I was contacted by phone. There day later I went to their office and had a 7 people interview. Very laid back interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that had long term consequenses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond the required duties of your role.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2010.

The interview process started with a phone screen. After that I was schedule for interviews with 3 different teams (2 in each interview) from different areas of the departments. The interview was a formal, scripted process. I was asked a series of behavior based questions that started with "tell me about a time".