Target

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process at Target is about 3 weeks. First week you will be going through some aptitude test, verbal reasoning, logical, math and intelligence tests. Second week if you pass you will go through a panel where they will ask you mostly standard interview questions like your strengths and weaknesses, and what do you want to be after five years. And the third weeks is about contract details and meeting the staff. A good way to prepare for the interview is using career and selection books or there are some app's like (the aptitude interview) app in appstore.

Interview Question – At the second week i got a question from the panel interview and it was like sell me your dream, any dream of yours?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a seasonal position (it was a month before Thanksgiving and the store has hiring sign when i visited) and got a called for my interview the day after. It was a phone interview during day time. The interviewer called me about half hour after the designated time and we had an interview for about half an hour. The questions were the basic interview questions. Then they talk about the timing and schedule. Email is sent to notify me that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, strength and weakness, tell me one time when people say "wow" to what I did, what do I know about Target, why I want to work here,   Answer Question

Norridge, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – It took 3 weeks to get a job that pays $8.25 an hour. You must have an open schedule for them to give you any hours more than 15. You may or may not get the hours unless you are available to work over nights and week ends.

Interview Question – Open availability, any restrictions will prevent them offering you a position. They like people with degrees for team leads, but don't pay very well for the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was looking to be a Team Lead, took the job with possible chance to be promoted.
They don't always follow through on there promises.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The interviewer was okay

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you was in a difficult situation and how you solve it?   Answer Question

Fayetteville, AR

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted on two 1:1 Interviews. You would meet with a team leader and the executive team leader. Basic interview questions with some situational experiences. Executive Team Leader was not friendly.

Interview Question – Explain how you met a friend's or professor's need.   Answer Question

West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – They first called me then i went to target and they told me to leave and come back because i had to do a skills test online.Then i went the next day for the full interview,I had to present myself i was interviewed with 2 people who are in charge of the Hiring.

Interview Questions

Davie, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied in store then the HR representative set a date for an interview for me.. I went in a couple of days later and was supposed to be interviewed by two people but only got interviewed by one.. The lady that interviewed me said I did very well but when I called them back they said they gave the position to someone else.. It was kind of difficult for me to answer some of the questions because I was never employed before so I answered the questions from being in school to the best of my abilities

Interview Question – If you were working in a group how would you take the lead   View Answers (2)

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in January 2008.

Interview Details – The first, second, and third interviews are done on the same day but those doing the interviews also work on the floor so there's a lot of waiting between interviewers. After that, they all ask you the same question only with lots of rewording. It's a simple, but time-consuming event and serves as a testament of disarray within the company.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your last job?   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2008.

Interview Details – Went through my past experience in retail. A friendly hiring manager, but jsut be yourself. Show your willingness to work, be geniuine and just show your personality. If hired, they will contact you relatively quickly. Once you start working there, you'll begin to notice that everyone is generaly really nice, and helpful, but be careful of the expections...

Interview Question – Where have you worked in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have a family, let them know and they are willing to try and accomodate your needs, but I would say let them know up front when given an offer.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details – I had applied online. About a month later, I was called to set up an interview. I had not had any connections within the store so I was legitimately surprised when I received the call because I had no retail experience and submitted the application rather blindly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews filled with the general questions (i.e. describe a time you overcame an obstacle, discuss previous work experience, what is your desire to work at target, etc.) The interviewers were generally very nice and I think that if you have been invited to the interview, it pretty much means you got the job, they just wanted to check to make sure it's something you're committed to and you're not crazy.

They asked about availability, informed me that I essentially got the position but couldn't 'officially' offer it to me until they received the results from a drug test.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!