Target

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norridge, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in September 2010.

Interview Details – It took 3 weeks to get a job that pays $8.25 an hour. You must have an open schedule for them to give you any hours more than 15. You may or may not get the hours unless you are available to work over nights and week ends.

Interview Question – Open availability, any restrictions will prevent them offering you a position. They like people with degrees for team leads, but don't pay very well for the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was looking to be a Team Lead, took the job with possible chance to be promoted.
They don't always follow through on there promises.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The interviewer was okay

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you was in a difficult situation and how you solve it?   Answer Question

Fayetteville, AR

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted on two 1:1 Interviews. You would meet with a team leader and the executive team leader. Basic interview questions with some situational experiences. Executive Team Leader was not friendly.

Interview Question – Explain how you met a friend's or professor's need.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – They first called me then i went to target and they told me to leave and come back because i had to do a skills test online.Then i went the next day for the full interview,I had to present myself i was interviewed with 2 people who are in charge of the Hiring.

Interview Questions

Davie, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied in store then the HR representative set a date for an interview for me.. I went in a couple of days later and was supposed to be interviewed by two people but only got interviewed by one.. The lady that interviewed me said I did very well but when I called them back they said they gave the position to someone else.. It was kind of difficult for me to answer some of the questions because I was never employed before so I answered the questions from being in school to the best of my abilities

Interview Question – If you were working in a group how would you take the lead   View Answers (2)

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in January 2008.

Interview Details – The first, second, and third interviews are done on the same day but those doing the interviews also work on the floor so there's a lot of waiting between interviewers. After that, they all ask you the same question only with lots of rewording. It's a simple, but time-consuming event and serves as a testament of disarray within the company.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your last job?   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2008.

Interview Details – Went through my past experience in retail. A friendly hiring manager, but jsut be yourself. Show your willingness to work, be geniuine and just show your personality. If hired, they will contact you relatively quickly. Once you start working there, you'll begin to notice that everyone is generaly really nice, and helpful, but be careful of the expections...

Interview Question – Where have you worked in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have a family, let them know and they are willing to try and accomodate your needs, but I would say let them know up front when given an offer.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in September 2009.

Interview Details – I had applied online. About a month later, I was called to set up an interview. I had not had any connections within the store so I was legitimately surprised when I received the call because I had no retail experience and submitted the application rather blindly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The interview consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews filled with the general questions (i.e. describe a time you overcame an obstacle, discuss previous work experience, what is your desire to work at target, etc.) The interviewers were generally very nice and I think that if you have been invited to the interview, it pretty much means you got the job, they just wanted to check to make sure it's something you're committed to and you're not crazy.

They asked about availability, informed me that I essentially got the position but couldn't 'officially' offer it to me until they received the results from a drug test.

Anderson, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Interview Details – I went for an interview and it was harder than I expected just have hope!!!

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Interview Details – First received a call from Target HR after submitting application online. Call consisted of questions regarding education, availability, future goals, and ended with scheduling an interview.

Before the interview, they gave me 20 questions regarding how I would handle different situations while working at the store. Then proceeded with the interview.

Interview consisted of 5 different people coming in one at a time. Each lasted about 10-15 minutes. Interviews were basically "was there ever a time you did this...what was the outcome?" and other situational questions. Standard questions such as "why do you want to work for Target?" were also asked.

Tip: RELAX and try to be yourself. I know those two tips are easier said then done, but act like you're interested in the position and always willing to stay motivated. MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH THE COMPANY before you go into the interview.

Interview Question – Was there ever a time when you had to instill change in your workplace? What did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.