Target Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Pedro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (San Pedro, CA).

Interview

The process took a long time. While the initial interviewing process was done within 2 weeks, it took them almost a month to let me know when my orientation date was. They then called me in and told me that the orientation was the next day. This did not give me much time to move around my schedule for this new position. It was very unprofessional and inconvenient.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself growing within this organization? How?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not able to negotiate. offered me minimum wage and then sent me on my way to get a drug test.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Bernardino, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Well my interview was a little different than some. I used to work for this company 3 years ago for seasonal. But the interview process has changed since then. Anyway I applied to a different store but I got a call from the one near me. They scheduled me a phone interview, which I've never done for this company. The interview lasted 15 minutes, the questions were all situational. Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem? Why target? Tell me about a time you had to get something done at a short amount of time? What was the outcome? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses are? After that he tallied up my score and said he'd like to give me a second interview the next day. I kept reading on here people going through 3 interviews. When I went in the next day I had to watch a video about the company so pay attention they ask you one or two questions about it. I only had the one interview and it was all the same questions from the phone interview. I got hired on the spot. It's a very easy interview just smile a lot and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• A women is looking for a particular shoe size but we don't have them, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • You are ringing up a guest and it rings up 19.99 but they say its 17.99. What do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

If you get selected you will get a phone interview initially and if they like you they will call again to set up a face to face interview. Then you will be called for a second and even third interview if you make it, just to explain the position in detail and to be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain in detail a scenario where you had to lead a group, and the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Elmhurst, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later for an interview that week, went waited for them to find two department managers to interview me. They said they would be in touch. They called me the next day to come pick up a form in order to take a drug test that I had to do in less than twenty four hours. I did that and then two days later was offered a job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None was told at orientation what it was

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburg, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The questions were straight forward, I also had to describe a situation and how to deal with it. The managers were nice. The interview took 15 minutes and they asked atleast 10 questions. They go over your application to make sure there are no discrepancies. After the interview, I got the job on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Hiring process at Target is about 3 weeks. First week you will be going through some aptitude test, verbal reasoning, logical, math and intelligence tests. Second week if you pass you will go through a panel where they will ask you mostly standard interview questions like your strengths and weaknesses, and what do you want to be after five years. And the third weeks is about contract details and meeting the staff. A good way to prepare for the interview is using career and selection books or there are some app's like (the aptitude interview) app in appstore.

Interview Questions

• At the second week i got a question from the panel interview and it was like sell me your dream, any dream of yours?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job and it only took them 4 days to call me to schedule interview next day. First interview was phone call, they ask you about 3-5 personality questions, then during in person interview they ask you questions like how you can make the store better or how to satisfy the guests.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to help guest to find an item that is out of stock in store?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They put me in Hardline (Blue world) instead of electronic

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position (it was a month before Thanksgiving and the store has hiring sign when i visited) and got a called for my interview the day after. It was a phone interview during day time. The interviewer called me about half hour after the designated time and we had an interview for about half an hour. The questions were the basic interview questions. Then they talk about the timing and schedule. Email is sent to notify me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, strength and weakness, tell me one time when people say "wow" to what I did, what do I know about Target, why I want to work here,   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interviewer was okay

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you was in a difficult situation and how you solve it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the one of the supervisor, in where she asked me a few normal interview questions . Later the hiring manager came into the room to ensure the applicant fit the full filed the requirements