Target Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

2.5

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Great reveiw process, very professional, on time and very thorough. When I arrived was greeted by name and treated with respect even though there was no offer made to me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time where you had a customer who had an unrealistic request   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

First job interview: After submitted my application, I was surprisingly called in after just one day. I came into the store and told an employee that I was there for an interview. She then told me that she would get assistance and told me to just wait about 15 minutes since that was the time until the interview. I was guided upstairs to the employees break room was located. When I was interviewed, she asked me a 2 different series of questions, maybe about 13 in total. The questions were mainly about past experiences and how you handled situations.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions that were about past experiences were work related or school related.Since I haven't had a job and that I haven't been in school for awhile, it was difficult for me to come up with examples and scenarios.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Fill up the form from a computer at the store and you'll get a phone call to go in and interview. Then a lady met me and walked me to the Mcdonald's inside Target and asked basic questions. Then you head back into a dingy room to meet the manager.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

Took about 2 months to get a call back from application and then 2 weeks for interviews. Simple, easy one on one interviews with team lead and then executive team lead. Usual sales-oriented interview questions like what would you do if a guest came in looking for a certain item and we didn't have it, etc. Many questions in the vein of "tell me about a time when you..." Super easy and just be honest is the easiest way to get through it. Made jokes at the second interview at the start and it was more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult one... The toughest for me was: "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer and what that meant doing and how you went about it." Like I said not very difficult.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was just presented with an offer and a base pay-rate and told that I'd be given a call back for orientation and signing of paperwork if I passed the drug test that had to be taken within 24 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Applied online and received a call the next day to set up a date to come in for an interview. Once at the store you have an interview with a supervisor first. As other reviews have said you would then have an interview with a manager if all goes well. If you only get an interview with a supervisor and are told that they will contact you letting you know if you got the job then you did not get the job. They will just send you an email a few days later saying you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

I applied online and they called me the next day to set up an interview the very next week. I went to the interview and interviewed with a manager and they asked me questions about certain experiences and then called me so I could make a second appointment.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

My initial interview was over the phone, where I was then scheduled for a second interview. When I arrived for my interview, I was lead upstairs by a Team Lead, who asked me questions about myself and the position I was interviewing for. I waited in the lounge area, where all of the associates were friendly and seemed to have a great disposition. The manager who interviewed me was awesome. He had me watch a video which gave me insight on what to expect as a Target employee. He offered me the job on the spot. Great experience

Interview Questions
    • The questions where pretty standard: Share strength, weakness, what would your last employer say each was, share an experience where you made a mistake and what you did to fix it, why did you chose this store for employment etc...   Answer Question
    My wage was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lathrop, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lathrop, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

I applied online and got a call back a couple of weeks later for an interview. From there, I was interviewed by a team leader, the EHR, and lastly the store manager. Very easy and simple process with mainly scenario type questions during the interviews. The final interview with the store manager was the most laid back review because we only discussed my hobbies and interests, so that he could understand who I was better. After signing some papers, I only had to do a drug test at an offsite area and wait for my background check to go through before I went through orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle working with a coworker you did not like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

The process was pretty easy. The two women who interviewed me were extremely nice. The whole process took me about an hour because they decided to offer me the job. They will ask you several questions about your previous experience, what you did when you had a difficult question, and the outcome of the situation. They were all pretty easy because I related them all back to school, since I have no prior job experience

No negotiation available.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Applied online and was called in about 4 days. I was given a number and a name to call for a phone interview at 10:00 AM. Talked to what I believe was an HR Manager. Before she hung up she told me to come into the store at 9:00 AM the next day. Met with the assistant store manager (Executive team lead) and he asked 3 questions that was found here on glassdoor. After that, I was shown a video about how Target treats their customers (guests) and was asked what I learned from the interview. I was told I would be hearing back from them. About 5 days later, I received an email saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and it may have been too late to fix it. What did you do, who was involved, and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!