Target

2.5

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

I applied online about a week ago while on a big job hunt, not really expecting to hear back. I was really surprised when they called early the next day to schedule an interview the very next day (Monday).

The interview consisted of two interviews, one with the team leader and another with human resources, both about 15 minutes. I was actually very surprised with how laidback, friendly, and relatable the interviewees were. We even went into some fun conversations. I will say this though, if you have an upcoming interview for target, you really need to prepare so you won't end up in long, awkward silences trying to come up with an answer. This place is very helpful with that. Make sure you check out some of the other posts around here as they will be immensely beneficial. I know it was me. They will ask you a lot of questions involving " What is your greatest strength/weakness, why target, what would you do if..., explain a time in your life when...," and so on. Again, make sure you look through some of these posts and prepare, it will make the process a whole lot easier.

Back to the process, after the first interview was done, they took me to a meeting room where they played a short informational Target video going over the major outlines of my job procedures. Afterwards, they had me fill out a 20 question questioner, involving mostly situational events where you picked out the best and worse response for each. After that, the next interviewee came and asked me some more situational questions like " A woman comes to you asking about a specific type of shoe. However, you work in another section of the store and have no knowledge of the shoe section, what would you do?"

The whole thing took about 45 minuets. There was supposed to be another person who was supposed to interview me as well, Human Resources, but she had already left for the day, so they scheduled a phone interview the next day at about 7:00. Waited until then, but never received a call. I called back about 12 minutes later and explained my situation. They scheduled yet another interview the next day. When I got there, there was quite a bit of confusion for the team members as they didn't seem to understand what was going on with my interview process. finally, after waiting for about 10 minutes, a lady came into the room and apologized for all the confusion, since at around this time they do numerous interviews and job offers, and things are quite easy to lose track off. Anyway, turns out that their actually was no other interview and that I was their for a job offer.

Overall, the process was great. Good service and very friendly team members to help you through the process.

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Associate Interview

It was very easy going and everyone was very friendly. I got there and I was interviewed by one of the assistant managers, was given a tour of the store, and asked about what department I would like to work in. About a week or so later I got a phone call to come back in to talk about what kind of job I would be working and how long training would be.

No negotiation, but it was one of my first jobs so I was just happy to be getting paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

The called and set a time for interview in 2 days..First again was an online assessment in store then first interview ,this manager was positive minded person asked several common questions and availability(Sundays,Xmas..) then second interview with a manager who was so tough and serious almost no smile :( asking the same questions but direction was somehow strange that could guess she wont carry positive way ..
    After 2 days received an email in 2:30 AM they are unable to offer a job now
    As an experience was worthy.

Interview Questions
    • What happened when you failed to do a task in your previous job?   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Took about 2 months to get a call back from application and then 2 weeks for interviews. Simple, easy one on one interviews with team lead and then executive team lead. Usual sales-oriented interview questions like what would you do if a guest came in looking for a certain item and we didn't have it, etc. Many questions in the vein of "tell me about a time when you..." Super easy and just be honest is the easiest way to get through it. Made jokes at the second interview at the start and it was more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult one... The toughest for me was: "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer and what that meant doing and how you went about it." Like I said not very difficult.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was just presented with an offer and a base pay-rate and told that I'd be given a call back for orientation and signing of paperwork if I passed the drug test that had to be taken within 24 hours.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2013.

My initial interview was over the phone, where I was then scheduled for a second interview. When I arrived for my interview, I was lead upstairs by a Team Lead, who asked me questions about myself and the position I was interviewing for. I waited in the lounge area, where all of the associates were friendly and seemed to have a great disposition. The manager who interviewed me was awesome. He had me watch a video which gave me insight on what to expect as a Target employee. He offered me the job on the spot. Great experience

Interview Questions
    • The questions where pretty standard: Share strength, weakness, what would your last employer say each was, share an experience where you made a mistake and what you did to fix it, why did you chose this store for employment etc...   Answer Question
    My wage was not negotiable

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Applied online and was called in about 4 days. I was given a number and a name to call for a phone interview at 10:00 AM. Talked to what I believe was an HR Manager. Before she hung up she told me to come into the store at 9:00 AM the next day. Met with the assistant store manager (Executive team lead) and he asked 3 questions that was found here on glassdoor. After that, I was shown a video about how Target treats their customers (guests) and was asked what I learned from the interview. I was told I would be hearing back from them. About 5 days later, I received an email saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and it may have been too late to fix it. What did you do, who was involved, and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

2 separate interviews, first with a team leader then a second with an ETL. No resume, applied when I was in highschool. They just asked generic HR type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

Applied online and received a call the next day to set up a date to come in for an interview. Once at the store you have an interview with a supervisor first. As other reviews have said you would then have an interview with a manager if all goes well. If you only get an interview with a supervisor and are told that they will contact you letting you know if you got the job then you did not get the job. They will just send you an email a few days later saying you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

The process was pretty easy. The two women who interviewed me were extremely nice. The whole process took me about an hour because they decided to offer me the job. They will ask you several questions about your previous experience, what you did when you had a difficult question, and the outcome of the situation. They were all pretty easy because I related them all back to school, since I have no prior job experience

No negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Target in October 2013.

I applied online and they called me the next day to set up an interview the very next week. I went to the interview and interviewed with a manager and they asked me questions about certain experiences and then called me so I could make a second appointment.