Target

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Interview Details – Fill up the form from a computer at the store and you'll get a phone call to go in and interview. Then a lady met me and walked me to the Mcdonald's inside Target and asked basic questions. Then you head back into a dingy room to meet the manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here etc? Nothing hard.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Took about 2 months to get a call back from application and then 2 weeks for interviews. Simple, easy one on one interviews with team lead and then executive team lead. Usual sales-oriented interview questions like what would you do if a guest came in looking for a certain item and we didn't have it, etc. Many questions in the vein of "tell me about a time when you..." Super easy and just be honest is the easiest way to get through it. Made jokes at the second interview at the start and it was more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Question – No really difficult one... The toughest for me was: "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer and what that meant doing and how you went about it." Like I said not very difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was just presented with an offer and a base pay-rate and told that I'd be given a call back for orientation and signing of paperwork if I passed the drug test that had to be taken within 24 hours.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call the next day to set up a date to come in for an interview. Once at the store you have an interview with a supervisor first. As other reviews have said you would then have an interview with a manager if all goes well. If you only get an interview with a supervisor and are told that they will contact you letting you know if you got the job then you did not get the job. They will just send you an email a few days later saying you didn't get the job.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty generic interview questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Roseville, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me the next day to set up an interview the very next week. I went to the interview and interviewed with a manager and they asked me questions about certain experiences and then called me so I could make a second appointment.

Interview Question – None of the questions they asked were unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details – My initial interview was over the phone, where I was then scheduled for a second interview. When I arrived for my interview, I was lead upstairs by a Team Lead, who asked me questions about myself and the position I was interviewing for. I waited in the lounge area, where all of the associates were friendly and seemed to have a great disposition. The manager who interviewed me was awesome. He had me watch a video which gave me insight on what to expect as a Target employee. He offered me the job on the spot. Great experience

Interview Question – The questions where pretty standard: Share strength, weakness, what would your last employer say each was, share an experience where you made a mistake and what you did to fix it, why did you chose this store for employment etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My wage was not negotiable

Lathrop, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back a couple of weeks later for an interview. From there, I was interviewed by a team leader, the EHR, and lastly the store manager. Very easy and simple process with mainly scenario type questions during the interviews. The final interview with the store manager was the most laid back review because we only discussed my hobbies and interests, so that he could understand who I was better. After signing some papers, I only had to do a drug test at an offsite area and wait for my background check to go through before I went through orientation.

Interview Question – How did you handle working with a coworker you did not like?   Answer Question

Tacoma, WA

Interview Details – The process was pretty easy. The two women who interviewed me were extremely nice. The whole process took me about an hour because they decided to offer me the job. They will ask you several questions about your previous experience, what you did when you had a difficult question, and the outcome of the situation. They were all pretty easy because I related them all back to school, since I have no prior job experience

Interview Question – None. They were all easy/ expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called in about 4 days. I was given a number and a name to call for a phone interview at 10:00 AM. Talked to what I believe was an HR Manager. Before she hung up she told me to come into the store at 9:00 AM the next day. Met with the assistant store manager (Executive team lead) and he asked 3 questions that was found here on glassdoor. After that, I was shown a video about how Target treats their customers (guests) and was asked what I learned from the interview. I was told I would be hearing back from them. About 5 days later, I received an email saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake and it may have been too late to fix it. What did you do, who was involved, and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – 2 separate interviews, first with a team leader then a second with an ETL. No resume, applied when I was in highschool. They just asked generic HR type of questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Stoughton, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a month later asking me to come in for an interview. Scheduled the interview for a week later. Went inside and a woman took me to the back office area of the store. I waited there for 20 minutes and finally the manager came and took me into a office room. He went over my application and made sure everything was right and then asked me like 10 questions. They asked me questions that would require you have job experience but I did not, so I found them to be difficult.

Interview Question – Some of the questions were typical like "what are 3 words to describe yourself" "why do you want to work at target" "describe a time when you went above and beyond the expectations" "describe a time when you took on a leadership role to get things done" "what is a weakness about yourself" "what was the best customer service you have given"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Sales Floor Associate interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.