Target

Updated Aug 13, 2014

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Lead Interview

Must be interviewed by executive team leader, store team leader, district team leader. Very standard, most are already recommended by management to begin with, so there is a lot of prep.

Interview Questions
  • what is the biggest challenge you see yourself having in this position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in September 2009.

I was called after someone stepped down and I got the interview because a friend said that I had all of the qualities of a manager as we went to college together. I had two interviews one day and then two individuals culminating in the HR manager offering me the job. It took one week all together, now just waiting on drug test results and background which should be no problem.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how many tries it took to fix it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, get what your given economy, but not bad at all.

Sales Floor Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in May 2010.

First you have to go online and select the locations and positions you are interested in and then I took an over 130 question assessment test. A few days later I was called in for two 1:1 interviews, both asking about 5 situational questions and why I wanted to work at Target. I was then told I needed to interview with the STL (store manager) and that would be done at a later date. When I did have the interview with the store STL it was a panel interview and it was very short, again I was asked why Target and five situational questions. After this interview I was told they would be making decisions within the next week or so after interviewing all candidates. I was contacting the middle of the following week and brought in and offered the job pending a successful background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you and your team couldn't make a deadline and what you did about it.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond normal expectations to take care of a guest.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, money was not mentioned until the contingent offer was made. There was no wiggle room for past experience at least at this location, it was take it or leave it. My offer was much less that the glassdoor average, just fyi.