Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.9

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Simple interview questions. Name a time, name a situation type questions. Received a phone call a week after I applied online. The person I spoke to asked if I wanted to interview for a higher position being that I have a degree. Had an interview with STL.

Interview Questions
  • Name a situations where you made a mistake and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied on the 25 of November. I didn't hear anything back so I called on the 3rd of december asking about it and she took my name and said someone would call that week. The monday after I got a call and the Hiring manager asked if we could do a phone interview. I did the phone interview and she asked me stuff like strengths and weakness's, why I want to work for Target, a time I worked as a team pretty basic questions. Also asked about Availability. She also mentioned to me about another position and if i would be interested. I said it might be something i would be interested but would prefer the one I applied for. (which is probably where I went wrong and why I didnt get an offer) I got an email a few days later saying they couldn't offer me a position at this time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above what was asked of you. (this isn't the exact question but it was basically what it asked) I had prepared with others reviews on glassdoor which helped alot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

At least two interviews to get a job. Could be more depending on position. A team leader and store manager will do the second interview. Before that someone called me on my phone and asked questions on when I could work.I you can not work nights and weekends they will not hire you I was told.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with angry guest on sales floor or check out   View Answer
    No negotiation opportunity for wage. Have to work nights and week ends. Can request off for certain days , but not Sat or Sun.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

Set up through online application. Went to initial interview and was interviewed by two target District Leaders. Made it to the next round which was a phone interview with a district leader. Before the phone interview I was asked to give my three locations of where I would like to work if given the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you had a conflict with an advisor?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call the same day to come in for an interview the following week. I was supposed to have an interview with the ETL first, but she was busy. I interviewed with the Store Team Leader. He was very friendly, asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work there, and then a few Situation based questions. After the interview he said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you made a mistake and what came of that? Tell me a time you disagreed with a policy or procedure and what you did?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview process is lengthy. Interviewed with ~ 7 different people. Interview is based on SAR questions. Situation, Action, Results. Ex. Tell me about a time that you had to do multiple things in a short period. The key here is to focus on the actions. Target wants to know that you know how to explore and use your resources, that you take partners and work with a sense of urgency. The other key is use a real specific example, not broad ambiguous examples. Use people, places and names.

Interview Questions
    • all very similar questions. Just be prepared with multiple different examples.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, what did you do?
    Tell me about yourself
    What are your strength and weaknesses?
    What would you do if you saw someone stealing?
    Why do you want to work for our company?
    Why did you leave your last job?

Interview Questions
    • Everyone has plenty of strengths but for some reason they can never come up with a weakness. Be prepared!   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview process is structural. You interview with the department (or Executive TL) manager first and then with Store TL (or Store Manager). I believe the new hiring process after 2012 also has you interview with the District Manager as well. Be prepared because they do grill you on facts of the company mission and sales for the department youre interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • None. A lot of the questions are retail based and if you have enough experience in retail, most of it should be logical.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate salary but give you an upfront hourly rate. But I had not much experience when I had interviewed. I'm sure its based on experience as well when they are willing to negotiate with you.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2014.

Went through three interviews and received a generic "thank you for applying, but" letter. After three interviews, I think that you should receive an actual phone call from the store manager that you interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Generic, situation questions. Nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

the process was quite simple, it all happened within 2 hours