Target

Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.9

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied on the 25 of November. I didn't hear anything back so I called on the 3rd of december asking about it and she took my name and said someone would call that week. The monday after I got a call and the Hiring manager asked if we could do a phone interview. I did the phone interview and she asked me stuff like strengths and weakness's, why I want to work for Target, a time I worked as a team pretty basic questions. Also asked about Availability. She also mentioned to me about another position and if i would be interested. I said it might be something i would be interested but would prefer the one I applied for. (which is probably where I went wrong and why I didnt get an offer) I got an email a few days later saying they couldn't offer me a position at this time.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you went above what was asked of you. (this isn't the exact question but it was basically what it asked) I had prepared with others reviews on glassdoor which helped alot.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target in December 2014.

At least two interviews to get a job. Could be more depending on position. A team leader and store manager will do the second interview. Before that someone called me on my phone and asked questions on when I could work.I you can not work nights and weekends they will not hire you I was told.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with angry guest on sales floor or check out   View Answer
    No negotiation opportunity for wage. Have to work nights and week ends. Can request off for certain days , but not Sat or Sun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call the same day to come in for an interview the following week. I was supposed to have an interview with the ETL first, but she was busy. I interviewed with the Store Team Leader. He was very friendly, asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work there, and then a few Situation based questions. After the interview he said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you made a mistake and what came of that? Tell me a time you disagreed with a policy or procedure and what you did?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview process is lengthy. Interviewed with ~ 7 different people. Interview is based on SAR questions. Situation, Action, Results. Ex. Tell me about a time that you had to do multiple things in a short period. The key here is to focus on the actions. Target wants to know that you know how to explore and use your resources, that you take partners and work with a sense of urgency. The other key is use a real specific example, not broad ambiguous examples. Use people, places and names.

Interview Questions
    • all very similar questions. Just be prepared with multiple different examples.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, what did you do?
    Tell me about yourself
    What are your strength and weaknesses?
    What would you do if you saw someone stealing?
    Why do you want to work for our company?
    Why did you leave your last job?

Interview Questions
    • Everyone has plenty of strengths but for some reason they can never come up with a weakness. Be prepared!   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview process is structural. You interview with the department (or Executive TL) manager first and then with Store TL (or Store Manager). I believe the new hiring process after 2012 also has you interview with the District Manager as well. Be prepared because they do grill you on facts of the company mission and sales for the department youre interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • None. A lot of the questions are retail based and if you have enough experience in retail, most of it should be logical.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate salary but give you an upfront hourly rate. But I had not much experience when I had interviewed. I'm sure its based on experience as well when they are willing to negotiate with you.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2014.

Went through three interviews and received a generic "thank you for applying, but" letter. After three interviews, I think that you should receive an actual phone call from the store manager that you interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Generic, situation questions. Nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

the process was quite simple, it all happened within 2 hours

no negotiations at all

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

1st: apply online
    2nd: they'll call if you meet qualifications
    3rd: 1 st interview is with the Team Leader over the phone (Target just started doing this about two years ago, I think it was a horrible idea, it's very informal and not personal at all!)
    4th: If team leader likes the phone conversation, they'll call you in for a second interview (in person) with their Executive Team Leader.
    5th: If the ETL likes you, HR clerical will come out and give you a job offer (at this time you are offered pay rate)
    6th: required drug test within 24hours (if not taken within the time frame, you will be disqualified from the position)
    7th: once drug test passes, than you are called in for orientation. (about an 8 hours day/paid with the last 2-3 hours of shadow cashier training)

Interview Questions
    • Their interview questions are all "Tell me about a time" They want to know specifics: what was the Situation, What you did about it, and what was the outcome (Bonus: tell them what you learned from this situation) is how most target employers like you to answer their questions.

Most Difficult Question for a entry level candidate: Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a peer and what did you do to solve that disagreement (not an exact question, can't really remember any but questions are something similar).

Another question that candidates seem to find difficult (which is actually simple) What are your good qualities and what do you need to improve on? (do not say you do not have anything to improcve; everyone does!)

View Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Three interviews. Two in store with Executive Team Leaders, one phone interview with District Team Leader. Each interview was basically two parts - First half was pretty straight forward questions, why do you want to work for Target, what experience do you have, etc. Second half was all situational/behavioral questions:

* Name a time you worked with a team and what was the result?
    * What would you do if somebody asked for the location of a specific item? (always walk them to the item)
    * If somebody questioned the price of an item what would you do? (change the price if it is reasonable)
    * Tell me about a time you had a lot of tasks to complete at one time and how did you handle the situation?

Some questions were slightly more difficult than the above, but I don't remember them all.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult. The key to answering these questions is to make sure you are prepared to answer situational/behavioral questions with specific examples and details to explain what the situation was, what steps you took, what the result was, etc. Don't be overly wordy on any answers; short, detailed answers are better.   Answer Question
    Very minimal negotiation, but was able to get a little more money than originally offered. However, I have heard stories of others who had much better success with negotiating wages during hire and store transfers. Seems to vary from store to store.