Target

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I actually reached out to the store's Human resources team when I was interested. A very quick phone screen took place, mostly clarifying schedule, past experience, and scheduling a date to interview. I had two interviews, which is unique because usually there are three with the last being an interview with the district team leader and/or business partner. The first was with the store executive team; HR executive, Hardlines Executive, Store Team Leader. The second interview was over the phone with an HR business partner and a few HRBP trainees. After the last interview, I met with the HR executive in the store for any follow up questions and an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which you disagreed with your supervisor. What was the situation, who was involved, and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was available; however, the pay was very competitive and was higher than my prior employer.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Just be yourself and smile a lot

Interview Question – Explain a time that you were in a time crunch and made a mistake, what did you do, who helped you and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have about a 5,000$ window

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – You will find that the interview's focus is centered on the candidate's ability to be a leader. Target likes their leadership team to be pro-active, accountable, dependable, and upbeat. You will find that the position requires all of these aspects in order to be successful. You will likely go through three rounds of interviews, ending with the district manager. Be ready to talk about previous leadership experience as well as conflict resolution. Always answer your questions in such a way that they do the following: describe the situation, describe your behavior, and that it shows an end (positive) result. Be ready for many situational questions (tell me about a time when...) and be specific! Nothing comes off worse than saying, "Well I typically do this in such a generic situation...".

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you you were not able to complete a task.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Floor Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – situational questions (tell me about a time that you worked in a group to accomplish a goal or task, what was your role, what was the outcome), relationship building questions (why would you like to work for Target, experience related to the position you are applying for, etc.)

Interview Question – tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handked it?   Answer Question

Whittier, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview Details – I got my start at a job fair. From there the process was slow, but once I got into the store to interview, they were very friendly and prompt with feedback and furthering the process. You will go through 2-3 personal interviews in store and from there they will make a decision.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are fairly easy, just be able to honestly think about your previous experience. Be able to answer the stereotypical interview questions and also some situational questions about work ethic, organization, and perseverance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received the standard hourly pay for my position, which was very generous so I did not need to negotiate that, they have also been very flexible working around my school schedule.

Sales Floor Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview vas very corporate like. Had to pass 3 interviews. Initial screening one, with direct supervisor; Executive Team Leader and Store Team Leader, store manager. Questions are mostly situational questions; what would you or what did you do in so and so situation. Of course, mostly geared toward customer service.

Interview Question – As always, i think the most difficult question of an interview is; tell me 2 or 3 things about yourself that need improvement.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – 5 interviews. A phone interview. If passed a second in person interview. If moved forward, three more interviews for the team leader position.

Interview Question – Situational interview. Be ready to answer questions based on your actual experience rather than how you think you would react to the given situation.   View Answer

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – Went through a short phone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Had two face to face interviews on day 1 with two different ETL's. Was asked to come back in for second set of interviews. Because I was an external hire applying for a TL position, I was told I had a longer interview process. Came back on the second day and had two more interviews with a total of 3 ETL's and the Store Manager. Many of the questions were the same in all 4 interviews. Scenario type questions. Name a time when..... What did you do.....who was involved....what was the outcome. Felt like I really nailed the interviews. Was told that I would be called in a day or two after everyone met together to discuss my interviews. Never received a phone call...just got a form email rejection saying I was not being offered the position. Called to see if I could get an explanation and no one would give me one.

Interview Question – As long as you have experiences, the questions are not difficult. Some of the experiences did not fit my experiences though so I honestly had to make something up since there was no other option.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I attended a carrer ffair at U of M and gave one of the recruiters my resume. I was contacted a few hours later by the HR manager and scheduled for an interview. The process consisted of four interviews with a Sales Floor Team Leader, Executive Team Leader, HR Manager, and finally the Store Team Leader. Two days later I was contacted by HR to come in for a final interview with the District Manager. All interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weakness related to the position you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader

I applied in-person and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself. The first interview is sometimes over the phone with a team leader. If that goes well you get scheduled for another with a etl.
Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that reached a goal. Tell what your previous supervised would say your strengths and areas of improvements are.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you could not accomplish something and what you did about it?   Answer Question