Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.9

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Three interviews. Two in store with Executive Team Leaders, one phone interview with District Team Leader. Each interview was basically two parts - First half was pretty straight forward questions, why do you want to work for Target, what experience do you have, etc. Second half was all situational/behavioral questions:

* Name a time you worked with a team and what was the result?
* What would you do if somebody asked for the location of a specific item? (always walk them to the item)
* If somebody questioned the price of an item what would you do? (change the price if it is reasonable)
* Tell me about a time you had a lot of tasks to complete at one time and how did you handle the situation?

Some questions were slightly more difficult than the above, but I don't remember them all.

Interview Questions
  • The questions are pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult. The key to answering these questions is to make sure you are prepared to answer situational/behavioral questions with specific examples and details to explain what the situation was, what steps you took, what the result was, etc. Don't be overly wordy on any answers; short, detailed answers are better.   Answer Question
Very minimal negotiation, but was able to get a little more money than originally offered. However, I have heard stories of others who had much better success with negotiating wages during hire and store transfers. Seems to vary from store to store.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

It's a series of situation-based interviews, each with 3-5 questions. Typically, you interview with your own HR, your STL, and then the DTL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target.

I actually reached out to the store's Human resources team when I was interested. A very quick phone screen took place, mostly clarifying schedule, past experience, and scheduling a date to interview. I had two interviews, which is unique because usually there are three with the last being an interview with the district team leader and/or business partner. The first was with the store executive team; HR executive, Hardlines Executive, Store Team Leader. The second interview was over the phone with an HR business partner and a few HRBP trainees. After the last interview, I met with the HR executive in the store for any follow up questions and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you disagreed with your supervisor. What was the situation, who was involved, and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    No negotiation was available; however, the pay was very competitive and was higher than my prior employer.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Just be yourself and smile a lot

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you were in a time crunch and made a mistake, what did you do, who helped you and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    You have about a 5,000$ window

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

You will find that the interview's focus is centered on the candidate's ability to be a leader. Target likes their leadership team to be pro-active, accountable, dependable, and upbeat. You will find that the position requires all of these aspects in order to be successful. You will likely go through three rounds of interviews, ending with the district manager. Be ready to talk about previous leadership experience as well as conflict resolution. Always answer your questions in such a way that they do the following: describe the situation, describe your behavior, and that it shows an end (positive) result. Be ready for many situational questions (tell me about a time when...) and be specific! Nothing comes off worse than saying, "Well I typically do this in such a generic situation...".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you you were not able to complete a task.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

situational questions (tell me about a time that you worked in a group to accomplish a goal or task, what was your role, what was the outcome), relationship building questions (why would you like to work for Target, experience related to the position you are applying for, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handked it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Target in May 2013.

I got my start at a job fair. From there the process was slow, but once I got into the store to interview, they were very friendly and prompt with feedback and furthering the process. You will go through 2-3 personal interviews in store and from there they will make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are fairly easy, just be able to honestly think about your previous experience. Be able to answer the stereotypical interview questions and also some situational questions about work ethic, organization, and perseverance.   Answer Question
    I received the standard hourly pay for my position, which was very generous so I did not need to negotiate that, they have also been very flexible working around my school schedule.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2009.

Interview vas very corporate like. Had to pass 3 interviews. Initial screening one, with direct supervisor; Executive Team Leader and Store Team Leader, store manager. Questions are mostly situational questions; what would you or what did you do in so and so situation. Of course, mostly geared toward customer service.

Interview Questions
    • As always, i think the most difficult question of an interview is; tell me 2 or 3 things about yourself that need improvement.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

5 interviews. A phone interview. If passed a second in person interview. If moved forward, three more interviews for the team leader position.

Interview Questions
    • Situational interview. Be ready to answer questions based on your actual experience rather than how you think you would react to the given situation.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Went through a short phone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Had two face to face interviews on day 1 with two different ETL's. Was asked to come back in for second set of interviews. Because I was an external hire applying for a TL position, I was told I had a longer interview process. Came back on the second day and had two more interviews with a total of 3 ETL's and the Store Manager. Many of the questions were the same in all 4 interviews. Scenario type questions. Name a time when..... What did you do.....who was involved....what was the outcome. Felt like I really nailed the interviews. Was told that I would be called in a day or two after everyone met together to discuss my interviews. Never received a phone call...just got a form email rejection saying I was not being offered the position. Called to see if I could get an explanation and no one would give me one.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you have experiences, the questions are not difficult. Some of the experiences did not fit my experiences though so I honestly had to make something up since there was no other option.   Answer Question