Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Interview

You will find that the interview's focus is centered on the candidate's ability to be a leader. Target likes their leadership team to be pro-active, accountable, dependable, and upbeat. You will find that the position requires all of these aspects in order to be successful. You will likely go through three rounds of interviews, ending with the district manager. Be ready to talk about previous leadership experience as well as conflict resolution. Always answer your questions in such a way that they do the following: describe the situation, describe your behavior, and that it shows an end (positive) result. Be ready for many situational questions (tell me about a time when...) and be specific! Nothing comes off worse than saying, "Well I typically do this in such a generic situation...".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you you were not able to complete a task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

situational questions (tell me about a time that you worked in a group to accomplish a goal or task, what was your role, what was the outcome), relationship building questions (why would you like to work for Target, experience related to the position you are applying for, etc.)

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handked it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target (Starkville, MS) in October 2013.

Interview

Target comes to my undergrad university every year looking for people to hire. The process usually goes: interest/information session, then they interview you in one day with different people on campus, and if you make it through that round you interview with the Executive Team leader. Overall, I enjoyed my interview process. The people were great and they made me feel comfortable and they were honest about their experience working with Target.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question I had was a situational question. They asked "what would I do if..." and I had to go from there. It was just to see how I would respond to various situatios   Answer Question

I declined because I was only looking for an internship. The hours weren't really what I want in a career for the pay I would receive.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

5 interviews. A phone interview. If passed a second in person interview. If moved forward, three more interviews for the team leader position.

Interview Questions

• Situational interview. Be ready to answer questions based on your actual experience rather than how you think you would react to the given situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Independence, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

One over the phone interview that is a Team Leader (Supervisor). In person interview with Executive Team Lead (Manager). One interview with Store Team Lead (General Manager). One interview with District Team Lead (District Manager). After you've accepted the position, you're hired as a part-time employee and put on "Team Lead Bench", where you are scheduled in every area to get an idea of how to do each job. The problem with that is that the "bench" process can last months, because you're waiting for a spot to open up, and that could be anywhere in the district. During this time, they pay you bottom dollar ($9 was NEGOTIATED-they offered me $8). The interview itself is very simple-be prepared to tell everyone your strengths and "opportunities", and be prepared for them to throw you off your train of thought (that's STL, DSTL level). Very simple questions-"Tell me about a time..." and you need to explain situation, what YOU did, and the outcome. Emphasize TEAMWORK in all answers.

Interview Questions

• "Why should I hire an outside employee for a position I could promote from within?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

After you've accepted the position, you're hired as a part-time employee and put on "Team Lead Bench", where you are scheduled in every area to get an idea of how to do each job. The problem with that is that the "bench" process can last months, because you're waiting for a spot to open up, and that could be anywhere in the district. During this time, they pay you bottom dollar ($9 was NEGOTIATED-they offered me $8). Once you turn down a position at a store, you're seen as a liability, so choose wisely, and expect to badger for more money, because their offer is usually very low, and once offered, they are very unhappy about changing it. My initial offer for the Team Lead spot was $10.50. I declined, and eventually took the position for $13.75 after I was offered 11.50, and then 12.50. Finally got the $13.75 offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Whittier, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I got my start at a job fair. From there the process was slow, but once I got into the store to interview, they were very friendly and prompt with feedback and furthering the process. You will go through 2-3 personal interviews in store and from there they will make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are fairly easy, just be able to honestly think about your previous experience. Be able to answer the stereotypical interview questions and also some situational questions about work ethic, organization, and perseverance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the standard hourly pay for my position, which was very generous so I did not need to negotiate that, they have also been very flexible working around my school schedule.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I attended a carrer ffair at U of M and gave one of the recruiters my resume. I was contacted a few hours later by the HR manager and scheduled for an interview. The process consisted of four interviews with a Sales Floor Team Leader, Executive Team Leader, HR Manager, and finally the Store Team Leader. Two days later I was contacted by HR to come in for a final interview with the District Manager. All interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your weakness related to the position you are interviewing for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Greenville, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

Went through a short phone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Had two face to face interviews on day 1 with two different ETL's. Was asked to come back in for second set of interviews. Because I was an external hire applying for a TL position, I was told I had a longer interview process. Came back on the second day and had two more interviews with a total of 3 ETL's and the Store Manager. Many of the questions were the same in all 4 interviews. Scenario type questions. Name a time when..... What did you do.....who was involved....what was the outcome. Felt like I really nailed the interviews. Was told that I would be called in a day or two after everyone met together to discuss my interviews. Never received a phone call...just got a form email rejection saying I was not being offered the position. Called to see if I could get an explanation and no one would give me one.

Interview Questions

• As long as you have experiences, the questions are not difficult. Some of the experiences did not fit my experiences though so I honestly had to make something up since there was no other option.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself. The first interview is sometimes over the phone with a team leader. If that goes well you get scheduled for another with a etl. Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that reached a goal. Tell what your previous supervised would say your strengths and areas of improvements are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you could not accomplish something and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Rockville, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

at least 3 interviews with people from the executive team leaders up to the store manager

Interview Questions

• a lot of those 'give us a time when you did blah blah' questions when i dont have as much work experience dealing with people who dont do their job.   Answer Question