Target

Updated Nov 10, 2014

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in September 2012.

at least 3 interviews with people from the executive team leaders up to the store manager

Interview Questions
  • a lot of those 'give us a time when you did blah blah' questions when i dont have as much work experience dealing with people who dont do their job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2012.

You will have 3 interviews. The first will be with an ETL. If you make it through that you will interview with the Store Team Lead. If you make it through at interview you still interview with the district team lead. All of the interviews will consist of a "getting to know you" question followed by three situationally based questions Ex: "tell me about a time when..." You will be asked to come up with a situation from a previous experience. They will want you to list the situation followed by your specific behaviors in the situation and then finally what the outcome of the situation was.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled the situation"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They presented a wage and I took it. Negotiation was not an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Questions
    • How my past sales experience in the hospitality field relates to retail sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

interviewed at Target in March 2012.

First two interviews were telephonic interview. It was followed by a back ground check and health back ground check. After passing the results the final one followed with in person interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the terms I liked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in January 2012.

I was called in for an interview after applyinf on line and taking an assesment online. Then had to take another assesment before the interview that was only available in the store. The interview was a three step process. First with a supervisor, then another interview with two managers, then a final interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    minimal negotiation, they were pretty stiff with their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2011.

I met with an Executive Team Leader and then the Store Team Leader. They asked questions in the STAR format and wanted 10% situation, 80% Action, and 10% Result. Have stories ready so you sound like you know what you're talking about. They usually interview at least 10 people for every Team leader position, so make sure you shine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't meet expectations on the job or on a project.   View Answer
    They offered me the job on the spot but told me that they had to speak with their supervisors to find out what wage they could give me. Because of my Bachelor's degree and 2 years of General Manager experience, they wanted to give me more than the standard $14 an hour. When they got back to me, they offered me $15 an hour and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

2 interviews spread over two weeks, got an email saying they did not choose me for the position after 2nd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

Was scheduled for an interview in the employee commons area of the store. It was done in three parts with three different managers of varying sections of the staff. The process is normally scheduled for a two day interview process but they were able to squeeze me in within the first day. They were thorough and asked very similar questions until the last manager. This person changed it up a little and asked about disciplining and reviewing staff and possible termination procedures I would follow. This is where I lost my chance I believe due to my inexperience in the termination of employees. I'm sure it happens more often than I expect but I never had to terminate an employee in my management experience.
    They gave the job I found out to the other gentleman that was interviewing that same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle terminating an employee for consistent late arrivals?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

One interview on campus. Two follow-up interviews after that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work under pressure?   View Answer
    Yes. Only do so if you plan on long-term career with company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in August 2011.

I had applied to Target months earlier for an Executive Team Leader position, after the company botched the second interview by having me sit down with the wrong person I pulled my interest for this job listing and life moved on. Fast forward 4 months....I get an email from an executive team leader from HR asking if I was interested in a Team Leader job at her target location (someone from corporate HR recommended me for the spot). I was interested and was scheduled for an interview, the first round consisted of 3 interviews back to back that lasted about 4 HOURS! They asked the same questions again and again for each of the interviews, so the hardest part was responding to the questions without belching out the same answers like a scripted actor.

I was called back in about a week later to interview with the district team leader and was offered a job on the spot. Since no other full time jobs had come my way I gladly accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to overcome odds to complete a project on time?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating of wages.