Target

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Riverdale, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Details – Easy

Interview Question – How my past sales experience in the hospitality field relates to retail sales?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online like everyone else. A few days later they contacted me for an in person interview. The interview as a little lengthy and I had to really go into detail. Having prior retail experience would make the actual interview easier. If given a job offer they expect you take a drug test in 24-48 hours.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2008.

Interview Details – Internally hired for Team Leader position. Be prepared for situational and behavioral questions that should be answered in a from of 1. situation 2. here's what I did 3. here was the result.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to coach a team member for performance issues.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation offered.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview after applyinf on line and taking an assesment online. Then had to take another assesment before the interview that was only available in the store. The interview was a three step process. First with a supervisor, then another interview with two managers, then a final interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – minimal negotiation, they were pretty stiff with their offer.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details – Fast, fun and friendly ;) I began working at Target as part time in the photo lab. Within the first month I was asked to attend a panel interview called " Meet the Talent". 2 weeks later I was offered a GSA position and took it right away, I was so excited that my hard work was paying off :) a GSA is a guest service associate, front lanes manager. By this time out store was under going remodel for the new "p-fresh" grocery section. About 3 weeks prior to our grand opening I was asked if I would consider taking on the "PA" role,ummm yes!! It is a perishables assistant, in other words I kinda run the area as well as order all the food 3 times a week! I was so excited!! I went through 3 interviews... 1 with the hard lines ETL, 1 with the Connsummables CTL and then 1 with my GSTL. I was given the position right away. I have been doing that now for about 5 months. I was recently offered a TL position for hard lines and am waiting for my final interview with the DTL, it will be a phone interview. I have already interviewed with my Hardlines ETL, HR & STL and am just waiting for the DTL to sign me off and I will be ready to start :) loves this company!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation and how you handled it.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you challenged someone higher than you and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask lots of questions, don't be afraid to ask anything you think is relevent. Remember at one time or another, everyone has been in your shoes! After all, it is your job ;)

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – This interview was for an internal promotion. This was still the same interview process as an external hire. They use very standard interview questions, three basic questions then three situational questions. I had three rounds of interviews for the position. two in the store and another one at the district office. Background and drug test required.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help someone else?   Answer Question

Shakopee, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – I met with an Executive Team Leader and then the Store Team Leader. They asked questions in the STAR format and wanted 10% situation, 80% Action, and 10% Result. Have stories ready so you sound like you know what you're talking about. They usually interview at least 10 people for every Team leader position, so make sure you shine.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you didn't meet expectations on the job or on a project.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me the job on the spot but told me that they had to speak with their supervisors to find out what wage they could give me. Because of my Bachelor's degree and 2 years of General Manager experience, they wanted to give me more than the standard $14 an hour. When they got back to me, they offered me $15 an hour and I took it.

El Dorado Hills, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – One interview on campus. Two follow-up interviews after that.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work under pressure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes. Only do so if you plan on long-term career with company.

Kailua Kona, HI

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was scheduled for an interview in the employee commons area of the store. It was done in three parts with three different managers of varying sections of the staff. The process is normally scheduled for a two day interview process but they were able to squeeze me in within the first day. They were thorough and asked very similar questions until the last manager. This person changed it up a little and asked about disciplining and reviewing staff and possible termination procedures I would follow. This is where I lost my chance I believe due to my inexperience in the termination of employees. I'm sure it happens more often than I expect but I never had to terminate an employee in my management experience.
They gave the job I found out to the other gentleman that was interviewing that same day.

Interview Question – How would you handle terminating an employee for consistent late arrivals?   View Answer

Salina, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews spread over two weeks, got an email saying they did not choose me for the position after 2nd interview.

Interview Question – why do you want to work at target?   Answer Question