Target

2.9

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in April 2013.

Went through a short phone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Had two face to face interviews on day 1 with two different ETL's. Was asked to come back in for second set of interviews. Because I was an external hire applying for a TL position, I was told I had a longer interview process. Came back on the second day and had two more interviews with a total of 3 ETL's and the Store Manager. Many of the questions were the same in all 4 interviews. Scenario type questions. Name a time when..... What did you do.....who was involved....what was the outcome. Felt like I really nailed the interviews. Was told that I would be called in a day or two after everyone met together to discuss my interviews. Never received a phone call...just got a form email rejection saying I was not being offered the position. Called to see if I could get an explanation and no one would give me one.

Interview Questions
  • As long as you have experiences, the questions are not difficult. Some of the experiences did not fit my experiences though so I honestly had to make something up since there was no other option.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself. The first interview is sometimes over the phone with a team leader. If that goes well you get scheduled for another with a etl.
    Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that reached a goal. Tell what your previous supervised would say your strengths and areas of improvements are.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you could not accomplish something and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in September 2012.

at least 3 interviews with people from the executive team leaders up to the store manager

Interview Questions
    • a lot of those 'give us a time when you did blah blah' questions when i dont have as much work experience dealing with people who dont do their job.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2012.

You will have 3 interviews. The first will be with an ETL. If you make it through that you will interview with the Store Team Lead. If you make it through at interview you still interview with the district team lead. All of the interviews will consist of a "getting to know you" question followed by three situationally based questions Ex: "tell me about a time when..." You will be asked to come up with a situation from a previous experience. They will want you to list the situation followed by your specific behaviors in the situation and then finally what the outcome of the situation was.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled the situation"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They presented a wage and I took it. Negotiation was not an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Questions
    • How my past sales experience in the hospitality field relates to retail sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

interviewed at Target in March 2012.

First two interviews were telephonic interview. It was followed by a back ground check and health back ground check. After passing the results the final one followed with in person interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the terms I liked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in January 2012.

I was called in for an interview after applyinf on line and taking an assesment online. Then had to take another assesment before the interview that was only available in the store. The interview was a three step process. First with a supervisor, then another interview with two managers, then a final interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    minimal negotiation, they were pretty stiff with their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2011.

I met with an Executive Team Leader and then the Store Team Leader. They asked questions in the STAR format and wanted 10% situation, 80% Action, and 10% Result. Have stories ready so you sound like you know what you're talking about. They usually interview at least 10 people for every Team leader position, so make sure you shine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't meet expectations on the job or on a project.   View Answer
    They offered me the job on the spot but told me that they had to speak with their supervisors to find out what wage they could give me. Because of my Bachelor's degree and 2 years of General Manager experience, they wanted to give me more than the standard $14 an hour. When they got back to me, they offered me $15 an hour and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

2 interviews spread over two weeks, got an email saying they did not choose me for the position after 2nd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in October 2011.

Was scheduled for an interview in the employee commons area of the store. It was done in three parts with three different managers of varying sections of the staff. The process is normally scheduled for a two day interview process but they were able to squeeze me in within the first day. They were thorough and asked very similar questions until the last manager. This person changed it up a little and asked about disciplining and reviewing staff and possible termination procedures I would follow. This is where I lost my chance I believe due to my inexperience in the termination of employees. I'm sure it happens more often than I expect but I never had to terminate an employee in my management experience.
    They gave the job I found out to the other gentleman that was interviewing that same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle terminating an employee for consistent late arrivals?   View Answer