Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.9

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Whittier, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I got my start at a job fair. From there the process was slow, but once I got into the store to interview, they were very friendly and prompt with feedback and furthering the process. You will go through 2-3 personal interviews in store and from there they will make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are fairly easy, just be able to honestly think about your previous experience. Be able to answer the stereotypical interview questions and also some situational questions about work ethic, organization, and perseverance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the standard hourly pay for my position, which was very generous so I did not need to negotiate that, they have also been very flexible working around my school schedule.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I attended a carrer ffair at U of M and gave one of the recruiters my resume. I was contacted a few hours later by the HR manager and scheduled for an interview. The process consisted of four interviews with a Sales Floor Team Leader, Executive Team Leader, HR Manager, and finally the Store Team Leader. Two days later I was contacted by HR to come in for a final interview with the District Manager. All interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your weakness related to the position you are interviewing for.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Greenville, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

Went through a short phone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Had two face to face interviews on day 1 with two different ETL's. Was asked to come back in for second set of interviews. Because I was an external hire applying for a TL position, I was told I had a longer interview process. Came back on the second day and had two more interviews with a total of 3 ETL's and the Store Manager. Many of the questions were the same in all 4 interviews. Scenario type questions. Name a time when..... What did you do.....who was involved....what was the outcome. Felt like I really nailed the interviews. Was told that I would be called in a day or two after everyone met together to discuss my interviews. Never received a phone call...just got a form email rejection saying I was not being offered the position. Called to see if I could get an explanation and no one would give me one.

Interview Questions

• As long as you have experiences, the questions are not difficult. Some of the experiences did not fit my experiences though so I honestly had to make something up since there was no other option.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself. The first interview is sometimes over the phone with a team leader. If that goes well you get scheduled for another with a etl.
    Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that reached a goal. Tell what your previous supervised would say your strengths and areas of improvements are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you could not accomplish something and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Rockville, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

at least 3 interviews with people from the executive team leaders up to the store manager

Interview Questions

• a lot of those 'give us a time when you did blah blah' questions when i dont have as much work experience dealing with people who dont do their job.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview

You will have 3 interviews. The first will be with an ETL. If you make it through that you will interview with the Store Team Lead. If you make it through at interview you still interview with the district team lead. All of the interviews will consist of a "getting to know you" question followed by three situationally based questions Ex: "tell me about a time when..." You will be asked to come up with a situation from a previous experience. They will want you to list the situation followed by your specific behaviors in the situation and then finally what the outcome of the situation was.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled the situation"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They presented a wage and I took it. Negotiation was not an option.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Riverdale, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions

• How my past sales experience in the hospitality field relates to retail sales?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

interviewed at Target (Pensacola, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

First two interviews were telephonic interview. It was followed by a back ground check and health back ground check. After passing the results the final one followed with in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the terms I liked.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applyinf on line and taking an assesment online. Then had to take another assesment before the interview that was only available in the store. The interview was a three step process. First with a supervisor, then another interview with two managers, then a final interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

minimal negotiation, they were pretty stiff with their offer.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Shakopee, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

I met with an Executive Team Leader and then the Store Team Leader. They asked questions in the STAR format and wanted 10% situation, 80% Action, and 10% Result. Have stories ready so you sound like you know what you're talking about. They usually interview at least 10 people for every Team leader position, so make sure you shine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet expectations on the job or on a project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the job on the spot but told me that they had to speak with their supervisors to find out what wage they could give me. Because of my Bachelor's degree and 2 years of General Manager experience, they wanted to give me more than the standard $14 an hour. When they got back to me, they offered me $15 an hour and I took it.