Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.9

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

I attended a carrer ffair at U of M and gave one of the recruiters my resume. I was contacted a few hours later by the HR manager and scheduled for an interview. The process consisted of four interviews with a Sales Floor Team Leader, Executive Team Leader, HR Manager, and finally the Store Team Leader. Two days later I was contacted by HR to come in for a final interview with the District Manager. All interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your weakness related to the position you are interviewing for.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target.

Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself. The first interview is sometimes over the phone with a team leader. If that goes well you get scheduled for another with a etl.
    Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that reached a goal. Tell what your previous supervised would say your strengths and areas of improvements are.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you could not accomplish something and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

at least 3 interviews with people from the executive team leaders up to the store manager

Interview Questions
    • a lot of those 'give us a time when you did blah blah' questions when i dont have as much work experience dealing with people who dont do their job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Had a phone interview then was asked in for a face to face. Sat in a room with about 8 other candidates interviewing for a variety of positions. We were called back individually for 3 separate 1:1 interviews. The questions ranged from tell me about yourself to tell me a time when you had to lead a team. Tell me a time when you had a difficult team member and how you dealt with that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions focused on managing teams and persuading people to your opinion. They ask for concrete examples. "Tell me a time..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in June 2011.

Very lengthy. I feel they miss out on great people just due to excessive interviewing. I had 3 in-person interviews and 3 phone interviews. Way too much. If someone is meant to work out at Target, you won't see it until you get on the floor. Performing interviews has further reinforced my belief in this. Depends on the people you interview with. If they like you, they will push you through. Also, in my experience, HR was slow moving with getting back to me in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just need scenarios to fit and highlight your experience that transfers to a leadership position.   View Answer
    I negotiated pay. Don't let them low-ball you. Benefits are good and fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverdale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Questions
    • How my past sales experience in the hospitality field relates to retail sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in October 2010.

Applied online like everyone else. A few days later they contacted me for an in person interview. The interview as a little lengthy and I had to really go into detail. Having prior retail experience would make the actual interview easier. If given a job offer they expect you take a drug test in 24-48 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2008.

Internally hired for Team Leader position. Be prepared for situational and behavioral questions that should be answered in a from of 1. situation 2. here's what I did 3. here was the result.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to coach a team member for performance issues.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in January 2012.

I was called in for an interview after applyinf on line and taking an assesment online. Then had to take another assesment before the interview that was only available in the store. The interview was a three step process. First with a supervisor, then another interview with two managers, then a final interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    minimal negotiation, they were pretty stiff with their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Fast, fun and friendly ;) I began working at Target as part time in the photo lab. Within the first month I was asked to attend a panel interview called " Meet the Talent". 2 weeks later I was offered a GSA position and took it right away, I was so excited that my hard work was paying off :) a GSA is a guest service associate, front lanes manager. By this time out store was under going remodel for the new "p-fresh" grocery section. About 3 weeks prior to our grand opening I was asked if I would consider taking on the "PA" role,ummm yes!! It is a perishables assistant, in other words I kinda run the area as well as order all the food 3 times a week! I was so excited!! I went through 3 interviews... 1 with the hard lines ETL, 1 with the Connsummables CTL and then 1 with my GSTL. I was given the position right away. I have been doing that now for about 5 months. I was recently offered a TL position for hard lines and am waiting for my final interview with the DTL, it will be a phone interview. I have already interviewed with my Hardlines ETL, HR & STL and am just waiting for the DTL to sign me off and I will be ready to start :) loves this company!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation and how you handled it.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you challenged someone higher than you and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    Ask lots of questions, don't be afraid to ask anything you think is relevent. Remember at one time or another, everyone has been in your shoes! After all, it is your job ;)