Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself. The first interview is sometimes over the phone with a team leader. If that goes well you get scheduled for another with a etl. Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that reached a goal. Tell what your previous supervised would say your strengths and areas of improvements are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you could not accomplish something and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Rockville, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

at least 3 interviews with people from the executive team leaders up to the store manager

Interview Questions

• a lot of those 'give us a time when you did blah blah' questions when i dont have as much work experience dealing with people who dont do their job.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview

You will have 3 interviews. The first will be with an ETL. If you make it through that you will interview with the Store Team Lead. If you make it through at interview you still interview with the district team lead. All of the interviews will consist of a "getting to know you" question followed by three situationally based questions Ex: "tell me about a time when..." You will be asked to come up with a situation from a previous experience. They will want you to list the situation followed by your specific behaviors in the situation and then finally what the outcome of the situation was.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you handled the situation"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They presented a wage and I took it. Negotiation was not an option.

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Riverdale, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions

• How my past sales experience in the hospitality field relates to retail sales?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview

Chaotic ! Phone interview was not on time, they call you at an appointment time. Also, the person I was scheduled to interview with was unavailable so I was meeting with someone else. Had me leave and come back for a third interview because STL was not in that day.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you worked as a team. Tell me about a time you provided exceptional guest service. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a peer or supervisor. Tell me about a time you implemented a new strategy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I interviewed at Target (Pensacola, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

First two interviews were telephonic interview. It was followed by a back ground check and health back ground check. After passing the results the final one followed with in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the terms I liked.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applyinf on line and taking an assesment online. Then had to take another assesment before the interview that was only available in the store. The interview was a three step process. First with a supervisor, then another interview with two managers, then a final interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

minimal negotiation, they were pretty stiff with their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Shakopee, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

I met with an Executive Team Leader and then the Store Team Leader. They asked questions in the STAR format and wanted 10% situation, 80% Action, and 10% Result. Have stories ready so you sound like you know what you're talking about. They usually interview at least 10 people for every Team leader position, so make sure you shine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet expectations on the job or on a project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the job on the spot but told me that they had to speak with their supervisors to find out what wage they could give me. Because of my Bachelor's degree and 2 years of General Manager experience, they wanted to give me more than the standard $14 an hour. When they got back to me, they offered me $15 an hour and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Kailua Kona, HI) in October 2011.

Interview

Was scheduled for an interview in the employee commons area of the store. It was done in three parts with three different managers of varying sections of the staff. The process is normally scheduled for a two day interview process but they were able to squeeze me in within the first day. They were thorough and asked very similar questions until the last manager. This person changed it up a little and asked about disciplining and reviewing staff and possible termination procedures I would follow. This is where I lost my chance I believe due to my inexperience in the termination of employees. I'm sure it happens more often than I expect but I never had to terminate an employee in my management experience. They gave the job I found out to the other gentleman that was interviewing that same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle terminating an employee for consistent late arrivals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Salina, KS) in October 2011.

Interview

2 interviews spread over two weeks, got an email saying they did not choose me for the position after 2nd interview.