Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview

Chaotic ! Phone interview was not on time, they call you at an appointment time. Also, the person I was scheduled to interview with was unavailable so I was meeting with someone else. Had me leave and come back for a third interview because STL was not in that day.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you worked as a team.
    Tell me about a time you provided exceptional guest service.
    Tell me about a time you disagreed with a peer or supervisor.
    Tell me about a time you implemented a new strategy.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

interviewed at Target (Pensacola, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

First two interviews were telephonic interview. It was followed by a back ground check and health back ground check. After passing the results the final one followed with in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the terms I liked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applyinf on line and taking an assesment online. Then had to take another assesment before the interview that was only available in the store. The interview was a three step process. First with a supervisor, then another interview with two managers, then a final interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

minimal negotiation, they were pretty stiff with their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Shakopee, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

I met with an Executive Team Leader and then the Store Team Leader. They asked questions in the STAR format and wanted 10% situation, 80% Action, and 10% Result. Have stories ready so you sound like you know what you're talking about. They usually interview at least 10 people for every Team leader position, so make sure you shine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet expectations on the job or on a project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the job on the spot but told me that they had to speak with their supervisors to find out what wage they could give me. Because of my Bachelor's degree and 2 years of General Manager experience, they wanted to give me more than the standard $14 an hour. When they got back to me, they offered me $15 an hour and I took it.

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Salina, KS) in October 2011.

Interview

2 interviews spread over two weeks, got an email saying they did not choose me for the position after 2nd interview.

Anonymous Employee in Kailua Kona, HI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Kailua Kona, HI) in October 2011.

Interview

Was scheduled for an interview in the employee commons area of the store. It was done in three parts with three different managers of varying sections of the staff. The process is normally scheduled for a two day interview process but they were able to squeeze me in within the first day. They were thorough and asked very similar questions until the last manager. This person changed it up a little and asked about disciplining and reviewing staff and possible termination procedures I would follow. This is where I lost my chance I believe due to my inexperience in the termination of employees. I'm sure it happens more often than I expect but I never had to terminate an employee in my management experience.
    They gave the job I found out to the other gentleman that was interviewing that same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle terminating an employee for consistent late arrivals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (El Dorado Hills, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

One interview on campus. Two follow-up interviews after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work under pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Only do so if you plan on long-term career with company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had applied to Target months earlier for an Executive Team Leader position, after the company botched the second interview by having me sit down with the wrong person I pulled my interest for this job listing and life moved on. Fast forward 4 months....I get an email from an executive team leader from HR asking if I was interested in a Team Leader job at her target location (someone from corporate HR recommended me for the spot). I was interested and was scheduled for an interview, the first round consisted of 3 interviews back to back that lasted about 4 HOURS! They asked the same questions again and again for each of the interviews, so the hardest part was responding to the questions without belching out the same answers like a scripted actor.

I was called back in about a week later to interview with the district team leader and was offered a job on the spot. Since no other full time jobs had come my way I gladly accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to overcome odds to complete a project on time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating of wages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target (Warren, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy. I feel they miss out on great people just due to excessive interviewing. I had 3 in-person interviews and 3 phone interviews. Way too much. If someone is meant to work out at Target, you won't see it until you get on the floor. Performing interviews has further reinforced my belief in this. Depends on the people you interview with. If they like you, they will push you through. Also, in my experience, HR was slow moving with getting back to me in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just need scenarios to fit and highlight your experience that transfers to a leadership position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated pay. Don't let them low-ball you. Benefits are good and fair.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Called to set up interview date. Interviews conducted in-store in the upstairs offices. It seemed that others were to be interviewed at the same time so you may require a waiting period between the two interviews. Two 1:1 interviews - first, with the Team Leader over the position, then with HR. Questions from booklets involved your previous dealing with people that were angry towards you, working as part of a team, working under deadlines, etc. This is all I can recall at this time but they were all of that sort. Be prepared to discuss these types of incidents in you life and think through the process of resolving the incidents so you can elaborate on the process of your dealing with them from start to finish. I took it that the steps you took to resolve the incident and how it turned out were the important factors in the interview. Speaking well would be a plus. The interviewer may be looking at their booklet and making notes of your answers so do not be alarmed at this. It appeared that they needed to be thorough in their notes since others would be a part of the hiring process later. I just kept looking at the interviewer even though he/she was not looking at me on the off chance they would look up from their notetaking, which did not occur much other than between questions or at the beginning of the question. If you display an attitude of helpfulness and flexibility you will probably have your best chance. The people were friendly and relatively professional. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked as part of a team to complete a project. What did you do? How did it turn out?   Answer Question