Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Streamwood, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

2 consecutive interviews face-to-face. First with a team lead. The second one was with a Executive team lead. They extend you an offer that same day after both interviews. Takes a while to go through background check after that and get to orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you had disagreement with a co-worker but you had to work on a project together, how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal/temporary Sales Floor Team member position. About three days after finishing my online application, I received a call to confirm I was still interested in the job. They verified what holidays/days I would be available, confirmed the position I applied for, asked me why I applied to Target and then scheduled my phone interview (which was for the next day). My phone interview was scheduled for 11:00 AM, but they didn't call until about noon (I was going to call the store to see if they had forgotten but decided to wait it out a few more minutes and that's when they called). My interviewer apologized for the tardiness of the call and the interview promptly started. My initial questions appear to be the same as everyone else's, but I'll write them down as best I can remember. As a guideline, my interviewer told me that she would be asking me several situational questions and would be writing down all of my responses. She asked me if I had any previous experience working in the industry (which I did) then proceeded onto the situational questions. I was asked about a time I exemplified great team behavior/teamwork, what previous employers or teachers would say were my strengths and weaknesses and then asked about a time I exemplified great customer service or when a customer admitted they had received above and beyond customer service. After answering those questions, I was told they would be in contact with me within 1-2 days but I received a call that same day, maybe 7 hours after my interview. I was told to go in-store and complete their additional assessment on their kiosks, call their WOTC number (which were questions for tax breaks for Target) to get a confirmation number (which you'll need for HR) and then scheduled an interview for the following day. I went in, had to wait maybe ten minutes before someone took me to watch their five minute video on the position I was applying for, then was told to go back to the waiting area for my actual interview. He came in a few minutes later and started the interview off by going over my initial application -- verifying all my information was correct and that I was still available for the hours and days I had chosen (which I was and I think my wide open schedule was what got me that far into the process, but who knows). He told me a bit about his job and what his experience with the store was like and then we started the next round of questions. He asked me 'Why do you want to work at Target?' (This one is pretty much up to you on how you answer, but I would probably mention something about their customer service or how customer focused they are since it's such an important part of their image.) 'Tell me one thing that you learned or liked from the video you just watched' (I mentioned I liked how they refer to customers as guests, it shows they take people's patronage seriously. Also that they don't consider the people who work for them as strictly employees but as team members. But again, what you answer is totally up to you.) 'If we were to ask a former employer or teacher, what would they say your weaknesses are or areas of improvement? Give me one or two examples of each one.' 'Tell me about one time you made a mistake, how you corrected it and what you learned from it.' 'You're working in shoes, a woman comes up to you and tells you that she can't find the shoe size she's looking for, how would you handle the situation?' (I said to check in the back for the shoe size she was looking for and if we didn't have it, that I would check to see if we could order it for her or suggest she try ordering it online) 'You are working as a cashier, an item rings up for 19 dollars, but the customer says the price was listed as 12, what do you do?' (I've read the other answers to this question and from what I've witnessed in store, firsthand, they usually do a price check with someone who works in that area. So I said I would apologize for the confusion and call in a price check. My interview then said that the initial ring up price was in fact correct and that it was $19, what would you do? I adjusted my answer accordingly. So I guess each answer differs based on where your Target is located.) After that, my interview was over and I was brought back to the waiting room to wait for HR to wrap things up. I was offered a job right on the spot with pay a little over minimum wage. No drug test was required, which I found a bit odd but figured it was because they didn't want to wait any longer since the holiday rush was coming up. We shook hands and the HR rep told me that she would be in contact with me by the end of the week to schedule my orientation assuming everything checked out with my background check. All-in-all, the whole process was pretty easy, especially if you've read through the questions everyone else has posted.

Interview Questions

• What was something you thought was interesting or learned from the video you watched?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the pay rate was standard with no wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Wheaton, IL).

Interview

Can apply online or in store. They will interview you with one person and a little later another person will interview you if they like you. A background check will be run as well as a drug test. The interview questions do not really need to be prepared for. As long as you can supply a answer you will do well.

Interview Questions

• How did you over come a problem at you old job? May be difficult to answer if you never had a job before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation procedure.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I filled up an application online. I got a call the same day and I went in the next day. Once in target I filled a series of behavioral questions. After that they made me watch a video about the company and the position. Then i had two interviews with two different people. After that I got an offer pending a drug test.

Minimum pay

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Wheeling, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

They called me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 10 questions all which you had to answer extensively. There is a website that lists all potential Target interview questions and all the ones I was asked were on that list.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

i applied during the weekend and then i got a call on monday and the guy asked simple questions like my flexibility and i was told someone form hr will get in touch with me in 5 to 7days

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Naperville, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I filled out an on line application. Then called a friend that works there. He knew the LOD and out in a good word for me. A week went by and no response. Somehow they got my phone number wrong they said they called me and I didn't respond. That's not true. I checked my caller ID. So i went to the store and introduced myself and they said I would get a call for a phone screen. That happened and it was easy. Now I am preparing for an in person interview. Anyone trying to get a jiob anywhere needs to have a contact on the inside there are just too many people lookingfor jobs right now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villa Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Villa Park, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First a phone interview. When you pass the phone interview you get an in-person interview at the store. I interviewed with 2 leads the same day and got hired. Then you have a few hours of orientation for your first day. On the phone interview they mostly want to see what your availability will be. They told me that if I was available 7 days a week they would hire me. Then after you are done with your 90 day probation period you can change the availability if you want.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I had to have availability 7 days a week, and I started out with $8.25 an hour, which I believe is minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Waukegan, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Asked basic questions on life and work experience. Questionaire of what if situations such as if this specific situation happens, what would you do. Answers are in the form of a multiple question exam

Interview Questions

• When have you had to give something up for someone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

After filling out the online application, I was contacted, in person, by a representative of the store. When I got to the store I was told to go to the application computer station and re-file information and re-take a personality test. The test consisted of questions about how to handle workplace situations. I made it past the first interview and felt I did well on the second with the HR person. When I did't hear anything I called the HR person to inquire and left a couple of messages that were not returned. A few days later I received an email from corporate telling me "Thank you for applying." I was very disappointed at how interview process was handled.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work beyond your potential.   Answer Question