Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone interview where they asked some basic questions and then scheduled an in person interview. After the first in person interview, they scheduled me for one more interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake, and what you did about it afterwords.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Daly City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One interview over the phone and two in person. Both filled with tell me a time/behavior questions. There were a Handful of others doing their interviews as well so my interview proceaa took what I felt was too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when? What did you do about it? What was the result?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Wilsonville, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a manager exactly one week after applying in my local store and they asked me what position I wanted (on the computer I put 3 choices) and asked me if my availability was correct, as well as the wage I would be offered (no negotiation). They then asked if I would be available the next day for a phone interview.

The next day I got a call from an ETL and they asked me about 5 questions. They asked why I wanted to work at Target, a little about myself, what would a previous boss say is one of my strengths, name a time I encouraged a coworker, and name a time I had to juggle priorities and how I handled it. It was only about 15 minutes. After that, they asked if I could come in for a face to face interview that evening with one of the assistant managers.

I showed up to the Target store and they had me complete a 20 question, multiple choice survey asking what would be the "best" and "worst choices in those situations. Pretty easy, common sense questions. Then I was brought into the back room and watched a Sales Floor Team Member video. Then I was interviewed by the assistant manager. All the questions were situational/behavioral and they want you to give an example and state the outcome. The questions asked: name one of your weaknesses, name a time you had to lead a team, describe a time you didn't get along well with a coworker, etc. Again, pretty easy questions. Then they asked if I had any questions to ask. They told me what the pay would be and asked if the hours I had available were correct and then they had me sign a notice stating if I had had any felonies. Then they told me Target would call to schedule another interview with the Human Resources Team Member.

I came in the next day and met with the HR member and they asked to tell them about myself and why I thought I would be a good fit at Target. Then they pulled out the folder and asked if I accepted their offer and what the pay would be. Then they said I would be getting an email from Target to let me know when orientation would be.

Overall, the process was super fast and everyone was completely friendly. The interview was really laid back and easy and I'm really looking forward to working there!

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Cumming, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by the HR department and asked to come in for an interview. I showed up about 10 minutes early and went to the guest services desk as instructed and asked for my interviewer. They seemed rather disorganized, as they put out a call for the Team Lead who was supposed to be interviewing me twice with no response, and the third time he came and then got immediately distracted.

When I finally got in to the interview, it was only about five minutes of sitting down and talking as he made notes before he took me to take a survey (that I had already completed on the application). He said he had to find someone to give me my second interview. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't have that set up already, since it's something they have to do at every interview. After another about 5 minute conversation with her taking notes, I was told that HR would call me to let me know if I would move on in the employment process or not.

I was not called. I received a form letter email notifying me that I would not be considered further, which I found kind of annoying and unprofessional. Overall, a disorganized interview. The interviewers didn't look at me as they interviewed me, they sat and read off their papers and didn't look up. They also complained that they had to take all these notes for HR to read and evaluate, instead of HR doing interviews themselves.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer come to the register with an item that scanned at $19.99, but the customer insisted that the price on the shelf was 9.99, what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back about two days later. They scheduled a phone interview for the following week. After the phone interview, I got another call to schedule a face-to-face interview. First, you have to do a survey, then watch a video. Then you get to the interview(s). There were two women who conducted interviews with me. The first was basic formal questions, the other was scheduling. Very easy, I would say the phone interview was the hardest part.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • If we had to ask previous employers/teachers, what would they say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had to lead a team, and how did your teacher/employer react?   Answer Question
    • Did you learn anything from the video?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They confirmed what position I was applying for, and told me the starting pay.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for any and all positions even if they weren't hiring at multiple locations. After a week I received a call from Target HR offering me an interview for multiple different openings. She continued to inform me of the job(s) and scheduled me for an interview the following day. When I arrived to the interview I was set up on a computer for a little questionnaire of typical questions about situations that could occur in a work environment. I then had an interview with an associate who pretty much assured me that the interview was a formality my resume pretty much got me the job. She asked me to verify my availability and a few typical questions. I then had a interview with the store manager and it was again a very relaxed environment. We talked about my experience in a retail environment and then did my background check paperwork. He then told me I would be contacted the next day with an offer. Not even after being home for an hour I got the offer.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Gainesville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application. Call back in one day, set up interview for next day at 130 .First in store assessment only 30 very similar question (don't take too long it doesn't count much) then interview 1 with one employee (I though he was a manager but he actually works in the food cafe) with a series of questions on why you want to work at target then 3 questions on past events such as a time when you and a team solved a problem or when you went above and beyond with a customer. 2nd interview 10 mins after that, almost identical questions so think of new answer s. The three questions are made up situations and how you would handle it. I then waited 20 mins in the break room then a lady came up with paperwork saying I was chosen for the job. No drug test for seasonal(team member). Orientation should start in 5-7 days.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Hickory, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Long time and very detail questions it was good. Try to be more business like when you are to answer questions. It was a good experience at the least and have a good attitude

Interview Questions

• what percentage of politicians do you think are truthful   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday night and two days later I got a phone call interview, was told if I qualify by the HR manager that then I'll get a call back for a in store interview.

Interview Questions

• If I talked to your old supervisor, what would they say your strengths and weakness were?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then called the store the next day to follow up. They scheduled an interview for two days later. I arrived and they had me complete a two part questionnaire and then I wast taken into the back room where a Team Leader interview me. The process was fairly easy as I had previous retail experience and management experience. She then had me watch a video on being a sales floor team member while she looked for someone to give me my second interview. After the video I had my second interview with the head of HR and it was also fairly easy. At the end she explained that she felt my skills could be better used for a position up front and told me to wait while she talked to guest services. I waited and she called me back into her office. She said that there were not any openings at guest services, but she offered me a position in electronics and a wage increase. She also explained that in two weeks everyone's wage in the store would increase on a predetermined scale and everyone would make at least 9 an hour. I would make more when the store switched over due to my previous experience. She was very nice and excited to have me at target. Overall it was an easy process and I can't wait to start. When preparing for the interview just remember to go over standard interview questions and market yourself well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer interrupted you during a task?   1 Answer