Target

352 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Woodhaven, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was quick and hired on the spot.

Interview Question – All questions were easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't take any offer, they treat you like crap once they hire you.

Stoughton, MA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview call came about 3 days after application. The experience was wonderful. I was interviewed by 3 separate ETLs (executive team lead) and they were all very pleasant. The questions seemed very easy, though this may be because I excel at interviews. One of the ETLs was very charming and easy to talk to--I almost forgot that I was in an interview. Very great process overall. Offer came at the end of the interview and I quickly accepted.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had an idea that helped the company through a difficult time.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was hired by first going to Target.com/careers and submitting an online application. Less than 5 hours later I got a call to schedule an interview a few days from then.

I had the interview at the Target store that I had applied to at 9 am. I wore interview attire which I sure helped me get the position. I was instructed to go to the back room where all the offices and break room was located. I waited there for 5 mins then my first interviewer came and took me to a room.

I was asked very easy-going and basic interview questions that I'm sure most average people can answer. Things such as my first job experiences, a time when I handled a difficult situation, why did I pick Target, experiences I had when working in a team setting, etc. He then told me that I fit what Target was looking for and that he would recommend me for a second interview (I had no idea there would be a second interview, especially right after my first one).

He sent me back to the break room and then a lady approached me and handed me a questionnaire. It was about 20 multiple-choice questions giving a scenario. I had to pick the BEST possible option for the scenario and then I had to pick the WORST possible option for the same scenario on the following question. It was pretty straight forward and simple.

I then went on to complete the questionnaire and handed it back to the lady. I then had to go back to the break room and wait a short while. Then my second interviewer came and got me. She took me to another room and mostly asked me the same questions as the first interviewer. At the end she said that I did good and sent me back to the break room.

This time someone from Human Resources came and took me to her office and said that I would be hired if I accepted, which of course I did. She quickly explained my job, what I would do, what to expect, my pay rate and that I would have to do a urinalysis off-site, paid for by Target, and an orientation.

I signed the contract, left to take the urinalysis that same day and went to the orientation 3 days later. Overall the process was what I expected from a large retail company - fairly easy interview, low chances of being turned down, and nice experience. Also the entire process was no longer than an hour and a half or so.

Interview Question – Most difficult question - "What is your greatest weakness, or what can you improve on?"

It wasn't so much an unexpected question or a difficult one, I'll admit I was just too lazy to practice for possible questions so I wasn't fully able to answer it. She was nice enough to let it slide and gave me her answer, that she could improve on public speaking. She said it doesn't have to be a bad thing necessarily, just something that you can work on.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – I applied at an in-store kiosk, which took about fifteen minutes. I was then asked to wait, interviewed by two different managers before being offered the position-- at just above minimum wage. The questions were very easy-- why Target? How would you handle x situation? etc.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in January 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my application and two days later I got a call to interview. The interview went well, nothing too difficult. The questions were easy and basic entry level. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to be a leader. At the time I was much younger and had little leadership experience, not to mention the position was not a leadership position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation, they told me what my starting pay would be and I agreed.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from the HR person that same day. It took 3 days to finally set up an interview time. On the day of interview took a computer multiple choice test- ie; what would you do in this situation. Waited on a bench for about 15 minutes for the first of what was to be 3 interviews. The people were very nice asked general questions like, what would your previous supervisors say were your strengths & weaknesses, why do you want to work here & what makes you a good fit...

Interview Question – Name a time when you made a mistake and give a detailed answer on how you rectified it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation on salary, Starting pay is same for everyone. I was surprised that they have only yearly reviews with under 50 cents as the top raise you can receive. I wasn't prepared for them to offer me the job on the spot.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied online for a seasonal position. About one week later, there was a brief phone interview, mostly to schedule a 1-on-1 interview. The 1-on-1 was with the department executive team lead. The interview was straightforward, nothing unexpected. Just ran through work history, related experience, why Target, and why I think I'd be good for the job. Was offered a position following the interview.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Daphne, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and multiple choice questions, i felt it went well.

Interview Question – To me all questions were technical and relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews (phone call and in store)
simple what would you do questions and past experiences.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Very easy interview...basically if your friendly and energetic you will get the job. I was interviewed by 2 different people then they told me on the same day I was hired

Interview Question – What was one tough situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Sales Floor Team Member interview questions and advice. All 352 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.