Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.2

435 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview was easy, basic interview questions such as what are you strengths and weaknesses, what you would do if an item rang up as a different price than what the customer said was posted (you take the customer's word for it), when was a time where you made a mistake and what did you do, and so on.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time where you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target.

I applied to one specific location, but a different location got my info and called me to come to their job fair. I went there thinking they had my application, but I had to fill one out by hand. The first interview was more into how you are as a person. The interviewer asked me questions about myself and what I do in my free time. I made it to the second interview with 2 managers each asking me more formal "experience" questions. I made the mistake of not being specific in my answers because I felt like I was being rushed. I think they score you in each question from 1-10 and if you score high enough, you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    • You scan an item for sale at $17, but the customer tells you she thought it was $12. What do you do?   View Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

You apply at the computers in the store. The next day and it was a saturday they called me I came in to interview that Monday and had interviews with two different people. It was fairly basic stuff they read off a sheet.

Interview Questions
    • If someone challenges a price that rings up On an item when you scan what do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

You start off watching a little video and doing a survey. Just the basic questionaire to see if you're not totally insane then they'll process that and wait. Someone comes and gives you an interview. The questions are really basic, anything you can find online. But my tip is to refer some of your answers to the short video they make you watch.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied on the target . Com and about 2 days later I received a call for a job interview. It went to my voicemail. I called back and the operator scheduled me for an interview time. I went on the date and time. I had to fill out another forum of questions in regards to situations. After I waited for the first interviewer. She came and took me into an office. She asked me some questions. I answered. After she asked me to wait back in the waiting area. I went back and maybe 5 minutes later another lady came out and I went into her office a Second interview. She asked me more questions and she offered me a contingent job offer. All in all it was a smooth interview process. One of the smoothest I have ever had especially in retail.

Interview Questions
    • What would your current supervisor say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a situation where you had to work in a team setting?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever had a situation were you made a mistake and later corrected it and learned from it?   Answer Question
    Well they said they start at 8.50 being in retail before that about an average salary. I have had worse and alittle better.

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

Interview process begins with a phone interview and than if you pass an onsite interview will take place. Sometimes a third interview will occur with the HR manager. Follow up on your application by calling the store, however if you applied at multiple stores than you interview won't go to the 2nd or 3rd choice until after the 1st choice turns you down. Many applicants think the application will go to all stores, however it goes in a specific order.

Interview Questions
    • Pay attention during the job preview video.
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do?
        Answer Question
    none, only team leader and up

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

The process was very fast. I submitted my application online, which is quite lengthy. After about an hour someone, who was very kind and helpful, called to do a basic preliminary phone interview. I was then instructed to call a number for information related to tax credits or something, asking if I was getting government assistance. I was to call that number before my more detailed phone interview, which was set up for the following morning. That interview was easy, 5 or so behavioral/scenario questions and a basic rundown of the skills needed for the job. I was then asked to come in the next day for a second in-person interview. I arrived on time for it, but was told the manager (LoD) was on lunch, which I thought was unprofessional. I was asked if I had filled out the online questionnaire; I said I had filled out a 50-question test as part of my application. I was told this was a different one, and they sat me down and told me to log in and fill it out and when I finished, the manager should be back from lunch, and then I was left alone. I logged on and the computer told me I had already completed the test, so I waited for twenty minutes and then had my interview. It was very basic, some "what would you do in this situation?" questions as well as greatest strength, greatest weakness, have I ever gone above and beyond for a customer and explain. After that my paperwork was handed over to HR who told me to get a drug test in 24 hours and when orientation would be. It was very easy and quick, although I left to go take the drug test and when I did I got a call from HR saying I needed to fill out the computer questionnaire. I explained that the computer told me I had, but she said it was an error. So I went back and filled out a 75 question test on pencil and paper, where the first 50 questions were the same as my application. But, after that I was done.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do if a guest contested you on the price that an item rang up?"   View Answer
    No negotiation was possible.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I got a call from Target on August 11th, 2014 after submitting an application online. She scheduled a phone interview the next day at 10am. They asked about being apart of a team, how I would prioritize tasks and how I went out of my way to help someone. They also confirmed availability. I scheduled an in-person interview for August 14, 2014. They asked pretty much the same questions but she asked about what if an item rang up as a different price.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online in Late June, a week or so later I got a call asking if I was still interested in a job and to come in tomorrow for an interview. Unfortunately I couldn't make it. However, Early August, they call, ask if I am still interested, to which I am and schedule an in person interview. First interview was on Wednesday, Second was on Friday, and they told me to come in Wednesday to which they offered me the job. As long as you are prepared for the questions you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiations, very flexible with scheduling hours however.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The hiring process was very easy I thought. As long as you prepare for a few basic interview questions, you will be fine. They start out by interviewing you with a Team Leader and if he/she likes you, then they pass you on to a quick questionnaire. Then after completing that you will go into a second interview with a Manager and he/she will ask you a few more questions. From there, if they like you, they will give you a conditional job offer and you will have to take a mandatory drug test with in 24 hours of the offer. If you pass, you will be contacted and scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above expectations, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!