Target

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Applied through the website. Got a call two weeks later to set up a phone interview with a team leader. Got asked a few general questions and about two or three behavioral questions. Got a second interview and went into the store. Got asked about 3 behavioral questions again & was told about the position & requirements. Got the job on the spot. Took a drug test right after. Overall, average interview. Good practice for other interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you went beyond expectations to help someone.   Answer Question
None

Other Interview Reviews for Target

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I was brought into an office and interviewed by two of the leaders from target. Each one of them asked me a round of questions and then a few scenarios and what I would do if I were in a certain situation. Within each interview a lot of the questions were the same, only they were worded differently.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Target?
      If a guest needs help finding a shoe size and you don't work in shoe department, what do you do?
      Tell me of a time that you exceeded someones expectations.
      Tell me about yourself

Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

First off, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted their interview experiences here, I definitely credit reading all of these to helping me get the job! If you're here because you're about to have an interview, if you read up here I think you'll do just fine (:

Allow me to also mention that the position I applied for was seasonal, but it doesn't seem like the interviewing process is any different at all.

When I applied for Target online, I was also applying for many other places, so I can't be sure how long it took for them to call me, but it was at least a week. They called me on a Monday, but I missed it and I called them back on a Tuesday. We set up a phone interview for 11am on Wednesday. On Wednesday, however, they didn't call me at the time they said (on the phone they did say this was a possibility, but to call the store after 15 minutes). I decided to give them an extra 30, and was about to call them around 11:30 when they called me. The phone interview was not with who I was told it was going to be, which of course is fine but gave me a bit of a look at how hectic of a workplace it may be.

The phone interview was 7 questions, asking things such as strengths and weaknesses, what my previous boss/coworkers thought of my work, a time where I went above and beyond at work, a time I worked as a team, a time where I worked in a time crunch, and questions about my availability. After I finished all the questions, the interviewer (who I found out is the Team Leader, so it may be the same in your case) told me she would recommend me for a second interview, and told me I'd be getting a call within the next week to schedule an in-person interview with an executive (sounds a bit intimidating, but it wasn't!). I got a call on Friday to schedule my second interview the following Monday.

When I got to the store, I was told to take a questionnaire on the in-store kiosks, which was about 20 questions long and very similar to the online application. I don't really remember any of them, but they were multiple choice, composed of scenario based questions and you had to chose the best response and the worst response for that situation. It was really easy. After the questionnaire I was told to go upstairs and let HR know I was there. I ended up waiting for about 30 minutes, because the managers ended up taking a late lunch, but after reading these reviews I expected to wait a while.

The interview was fairly easy, with pretty much the same questions as the phone interview, just reworded. They also asked me the same "What would you do if" questions they asked everyone else, about the out of stock shoe size and the customer who claimed the item was $17 when it rings up for $19 (A lot of people on glassdoor have said to just trust the customer, and my answer was something along the lines of 'trust the customer if it's not a big deal, if it is a great amount then ask another employee to check the price in a way that doesn't sound like i don't trust the customer' but all in all, i couldn't really tell what answer they were looking for). She asked if I was interested in hardlines or softlines, so have an idea of what area you'd like to work in before your interview (at the store I was applying to, hardlines is simply the tiled parts of the floor and softlines is the carpeted part of the floor. Softlines was clothes, hardlines was everything else). If you truly aren't sure at the time, I was told that you are able to transfer after you've decided, but it's possible that that's only at that particular Target. I was told I did well in the interview, and that when I went back in the break room, I would be job offered on the spot.

During my job offering, I was told it'd be $8.50 an hour, and I would not be drug tested (though this seemed a bit unusual, so expect a drug test). I was told I'd have an orientation within a few weeks.

Overall I had a very good experience, even though I was very nervous!

Interview Questions
    • If you read the questions they asked other people in the reviews on glassdoor, you'll be fine (:   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I wasn't planning to either way.

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I was called almost two weeks after I applied online, they asked me to take assessment test and got in two interviews with different people asking similar questions then got offered a job with $8 a hour would call me back about orientation. They were really nice and were aware that I have a hearing disability. No drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would deal in the situation with the coworkers to complete the task?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Good. Took only about a week to set up initial interview. typical questions asked regarding qualifications and background. Offered the position but decided to decline after receiving am offer for a position at a local bank

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I applied online and the interview process took one day , but one whole day. They were quite slow. When i went in I had to complete an assessment and i waited for a few minutes until i was interviewed by a lady who has been there for 15 years. In then moves on to another interview with the hr manager.

Interview Questions
    • Situational Based Questions , strengths and weaknesses. What would your previour employer say about you   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I had two interviews. They then said they would call me within a week if I got the position, in 5 days I received an email from them saying I wasn't hired. I think it was because I was kind of nervous or they just didn't like me. I have a lot of experience so idk.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Took about 3 days after submitting an application to get called in for an interview. Had to do another questionnaire at the store on one of the computers then went in for the interview. I had two interviews, the first was with a lead sales floor member and the second was with a hiring manager, they ask basic interview questions and it isn't a long interview. They told me I would hear back within the next 7 days so hoping it went as well as I feel it did.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you worked in a team and explain the situation?
      Explain a time you went beyond what was expected of you?
      If a customer was lookjng for pair of shoes but there wasn't any in the right size what would you do?
      If an item came up as 19.99 but the customer says it was listed as 17.99 how would you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in February 2015.

Interview was extremely unprofessional. The person who interviewed me asked questions that didn't even pertain to the job I was applying for such as, "Is this the only job interview you have? Have you applied for any other jobs? Why are you looking for a job?"

Why are you asking me questions that aren't any of your business? Obviously when she asked me this I answered the questions with ease and kept a smile but after those questions I wasn't feeling it anymore. On top of that, before my interview apparently there had been a fight in the store between a CUSTOMER and WORKER police where in the store! Under no circumstances is that professional behavior.

Also she told me that Target ONLY offers part time positions with hours ranging from 20-40 per week. Umm, no thanks.

This Target location is very ignorant and needs guidance in all its departments.

Didn't get the job and quite frankly I'm happy I didn't because I got hired elsewhere :X!

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied for the position online, and less than twelve hours later I received an email from HR scheduling an interview for two days later. I arrived and was brought to the office, and was interviewed first by a sales floor team leader, asking me questions about my availability, personality, and about my previous work experience. I was then immediately offered a second interview with a manager. Many of the questions were the same, with the addition of two of the questions that many of the other reviews for this company talk about. I did very well thanks to them and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • An item rings up for $19.99 and the guest says that it is priced $17.99. What do you do?   View Answer
    • A customer comes to you unable to find a shoe they want in their size, what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation