Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.2

433 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

It was a 2 week process from applying to getting hired. Was called to set up an interview. There are 2 interviews assuming you pass the first one. They ask generic questions i.e. name a time you gave great customer service (something along those lines). If you pass the 2nd interview they will tell you right then and there.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

I think one but it was fun and the hiring manager was easy to talk to. There very nice and easy going. It only takes about half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • None they ask about your work history and how you can improve yourself within the company.   View Answer
    None its a great job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

-- I apologize in advance for the lengthy explanation. I attempted to cover everything as efficiently yet thoroughly as possible in case it would be informative or useful for someone. For everyone else, see the "TL;DR" (Too Long; Didn't Read) at the bottom. --

I applied online (6/24) for a few positions of interest, namely Sales Floor and Cashier. I followed up over the phone a few times before someone finally called back (7/05), and a phone interview was scheduled for the next day. The woman who conducted the interview asked a few basic scenario questions (e.g. "When was a time you sold something?"). Then she answered questions. She was polite and patient overall. I was told that my second interview should be in 2-3 days. However, it instead took over a week and following up again with the clerical team. Then someone called (7/15) to schedule my second interview.

When I finally walked in for my second interview (7/24), I went to Guest Services as instructed. Nobody initially seemed to know what to do with me. They placed me at one of their red application kiosks to complete a questionnaire. (There were about 50 questions, but every two were identical by glitch.) Then I informed whomever was available that I was done. I waited around quite a while, roughly 15-30 minutes if not longer, before someone showed up. A female Trainer escorted me to offices in the back and showed me two short videos about a few job positions.

After I watched the videos, I sat down with the Trainer and a management trainee for the interview. They were both amazingly helpful and positive. They answered any questions I had about the company/job. I learned about morning "Team Huddles", "4x4" (stock check), and auto-generated work schedules. The Trainer asked around five basic scenario questions from a paper (e.g. "When was a time something didn't go as planned?"). Then they walked me around the store to explain hardlines/softlines and the store layout.

Then I was taken to a manager's office. The manager went over the available positions and asked which one I would be interested in. I went for Cashier. She asked if I would accept the job if she offered it, to which I said "yes." I was informed that I would be contacted within a week before orientation. She handed a sheet with information to take to the in-store Clinic. I followed the procedures and completed the drug test then and there. Afterwards, I left the store and followed up a week later. I was told that the employment offer was declined due to pending charges on my background check.

----
    TL;DR:
    Applied online and followed up. Phone interview 11 days later that involved a few scenario questions. More following up. In-person interview 18 days later with short videos and more scenario questions. Talked to another manager. Drug test at in-store clinic. Followed up a few days later to learn my offer was declined.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

You apply at the computers in the store. The next day and it was a saturday they called me I came in to interview that Monday and had interviews with two different people. It was fairly basic stuff they read off a sheet.

Interview Questions
    • If someone challenges a price that rings up On an item when you scan what do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Process had 4 interviews 2 phone and 2 in store interviews. Each interview lasted about 20 minutes. In person interviews asked me situational questions and about my experience. They also asked me about my career goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Went in and arrived a little late for my interview, they were interviewing someone seles as the same time as me. The interview process was pretty basic and I told them of experiences I had that I thought would relate to the question. I did not get the job probably because, well really I don't know.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

You start off watching a little video and doing a survey. Just the basic questionaire to see if you're not totally insane then they'll process that and wait. Someone comes and gives you an interview. The questions are really basic, anything you can find online. But my tip is to refer some of your answers to the short video they make you watch.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I applied online in Late June, a week or so later I got a call asking if I was still interested in a job and to come in tomorrow for an interview. Unfortunately I couldn't make it. However, Early August, they call, ask if I am still interested, to which I am and schedule an in person interview. First interview was on Wednesday, Second was on Friday, and they told me to come in Wednesday to which they offered me the job. As long as you are prepared for the questions you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiations, very flexible with scheduling hours however.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

I got a call from Target on August 11th, 2014 after submitting an application online. She scheduled a phone interview the next day at 10am. They asked about being apart of a team, how I would prioritize tasks and how I went out of my way to help someone. They also confirmed availability. I scheduled an in-person interview for August 14, 2014. They asked pretty much the same questions but she asked about what if an item rang up as a different price.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

The hiring process was very easy I thought. As long as you prepare for a few basic interview questions, you will be fine. They start out by interviewing you with a Team Leader and if he/she likes you, then they pass you on to a quick questionnaire. Then after completing that you will go into a second interview with a Manager and he/she will ask you a few more questions. From there, if they like you, they will give you a conditional job offer and you will have to take a mandatory drug test with in 24 hours of the offer. If you pass, you will be contacted and scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above expectations, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!