Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.2

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

Very quick interview, a fast and relatively easy process if you can be quick on your feet with the questions they ask. Be prepared to answer situation questions about your personal experiences, and answer them thoroughly, or this will end up being a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you disagreed with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied 2 weeks prior. Applied for cashier position but they were looking for sales floor. Attended a group interview. Same day met with HR person for a second interview. She asked about myself then explained my role, hours, and pay. I was offered the position the same day. Overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you were put into a leadership role   Answer Question

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target (Williamsport, PA).

Interview

Interviewed by one person, moved on to a new person in another interview. Offered employment within one week. There were several other applicants interviewing as well. The questions were fairly easy, more common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

As with many job interviews be prepared after that be confident practicing a few days before the interview is a good idea. Remember you should want to get the job if going, you have to get the interest of the employer to make you stand out from other people. Just use your skills, answer the questions as much fast and detailed as you can. It is one of the easier interviews no pressure

Interview Questions

• A situation where you came across a problem and how you solved that problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

So when I got there I told them I was there and a very friendly lady said that she'd let them know I was there and to sit and wait in the food area. A very friendly man then came about 10 minutes later, I shook his hand, and he took me to the office in the back of the store. He started off with confirming my avalability and then described the job I was being interviewed for (sorftline). After that he asked me 3, 3-Part questions and gave a speach about the responsibilities of the job. When that interview was finished, he took to another in the front of the store for my second interview. The lady in there started off with having me tell her alittle about myself and she then told me about herself. The questions she asked were pretty similar, and when she was done she welcomed me to the team and hired me on the spot. I then went into a third office where my orientation was set up. Overall it was an amazing experience and it was great getting hired for my first job on my first interview. This site really helped the interview run smoothly and prepared my for the questions they asked.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

fairly easy. the usual questions. just prepare a few quick examples of things before you go in so you don't falter on your answers. Its mostly past experiences and how you dealt with them or hypothetical situations that you might encounter. "Would you ask for help if you needed to or would you have a problem doing so". "Why do you want to work for Target" etc.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to work with someone you did not get along with and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very casual. I talked to two people. They asked a lot of questions. They said I answered them well. When I called to check on the job, they said I was turned down because of the interview.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay I guess. I had to wait for an hour for the interviewer to come see me. She said they were gonna call me back for a second interview,but I doubt since they let me go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over all around forty five minutes. I was asked questions very similar to the one asked on here. I would recommend at the end of the first interview when they ask if you have questions, ask them "Do you have any concerns about my qualifications for this position?" This allowed the employer to tell me what they think and provided tips on what I should do for the second interview if they pass you. The second interview is the same except more in details. Basically, prepare for the questions, wear the correct outfit and smile, smile smile!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a situation where you were working with another person you had conflict with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to take initiative in a group situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy because they were paying nine an hour, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly normal. I got two in person interviews. both had similar STAR method/Behavior question. Overall it was pretty laid back the interviewers where friendly. reading other interviews on glassdoor helped enormously. they pretty much laid out the whole process. my tip would be to prepare anywhere from 5-7 STAR method success stories you can depend on to answer the majority of the questions. Good luck job hunters