Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target (Williamsport, PA).

Interview

Interviewed by one person, moved on to a new person in another interview. Offered employment within one week. There were several other applicants interviewing as well. The questions were fairly easy, more common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

fairly easy. the usual questions. just prepare a few quick examples of things before you go in so you don't falter on your answers. Its mostly past experiences and how you dealt with them or hypothetical situations that you might encounter. "Would you ask for help if you needed to or would you have a problem doing so". "Why do you want to work for Target" etc.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to work with someone you did not get along with and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Lowell, MA).

Interview

It was pretty fast an easy to get. I first applied online. then i called to speak to the hiring manager to quicken the process and get an interview which i did then. I did fairly well in the interview. I got the job like real fast.

Interview Questions

• they ask you different scenerios and how you would react in them   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I had done the whole questionnaire and waited maybe 2 weeks and then got an email that I was not accepted the job. Found out that it was possibly because I was too young and not very experienced

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Very easy. I applied online and was called to schedule an interview a few days later. They ask that you dress professionally, but I went in a dress and flip flops, oops. My interviewer was interested in what I had to say even though it was a standard "ask these questions from this list". After I talked to one interviewer they asked me to meet with another interviewer, and it was the same thing. After that they took me to meet the store manager who asked me a few questions and sent me to HR to finish my new hire paper work. I was so surprised and thankful! They require you to take a drug test and give you all the paperwork for it. After my test came back clean I was called in for orientation and began working that week! Very streamlined and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target (Irving, TX).

Interview

Take the application online
    Get a call for a interview
    Take a questionare
    Then a quiz
    1st interview
    2nd interview
    Done
    They contact you back if hired
    When you get a call you go up and sign things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont get nervous it wasnt that bad if you dont get a call back call the store

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

It was exactly the type of process one would expect out of this type of retail stores. Several applicants applying around the same time, very systematized process involving two interviews, etc. The only thing I wasn't expecting was the enormous amount of emphasis the interviewers placed on how well one could sell the store's credit card.

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Target (West Hollywood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Always extremely late and never took my time into consideration. They forced me to wait an hour and a half for the in-person interview, only to have me sit down for five minutes with a 24-year-old girl who didn't even look at me while asking the questions. I'm positive this is because I don't have any retail experience, so she wrote me off before the interview began. When I said I have made coffee at an office before she perked up and said "would you like to work at the Starbucks??" and I said "not that kind of coffee"... Plus, I was the only person dressed up at the interview. A guy wearing a hoody and another guy wearing jeans and sneakers went further in the process than I did. They made me wait for the same amount of time for the phone interview and they changed the schedule multiple times. Why make me do that if you won't even consider me anyway????

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 parts to an interview. First 2 interviews asked pretty much the same questions. The last person, you make sure you impress them so your chances of getting hired is higher.

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Norman, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

For $9/hr in retail they make this position impossible to get. This is now the third time I have applied for Target and never gotten a job from here. I have over a year of experience in retail and completely open availability and they STILL wouldn't hire me. The interview was extremely difficult, far more than it should have been for a retail position. She kept asking me to describe a situation but the scenarios were so oddly specific that they might not have ever happened to you and they expect you to go into way too much detail explaining your answers.

Interview Questions

• I don't even remember the questions she asked, let's just say it wasn't the typical run of the mill scenario questions, they're extremely complicated   Answer Question