Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

Very quick interview, a fast and relatively easy process if you can be quick on your feet with the questions they ask. Be prepared to answer situation questions about your personal experiences, and answer them thoroughly, or this will end up being a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you disagreed with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied 2 weeks prior. Applied for cashier position but they were looking for sales floor. Attended a group interview. Same day met with HR person for a second interview. She asked about myself then explained my role, hours, and pay. I was offered the position the same day. Overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you were put into a leadership role   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 5 days later scheduling an interview at the store. It took a moderate amount of waiting to get to the interview. The interview was with 1 man and it was a laid back environment. There were many "tell me about a time" type questions. He said they would call me or email for a second interview in the next few days. Got an email saying they're unable to offer me a position.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online got called for an interview a few days later. You have to go through two interviews to be hired for a position. Went through the first, but was never called back for the second one.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It took a really long time. From the time I had been contacted back until the time I was hired was multiple months. They also were wary of having a part time job while going to school, which really isn't an issue. However once I got the in person interview it only took about an hour to go through the process and then be given an offer.

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Williamsport, PA).

Interview

Interviewed by one person, moved on to a new person in another interview. Offered employment within one week. There were several other applicants interviewing as well. The questions were fairly easy, more common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied in store for the position. I received a phone call within a week after applying for the job and I was told to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by two people and then I was essentially hired on the spot after the people who interviewed me stepped out of the room and then return with the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what would I do if I saw somebody I know stealing?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't get an interview until 3 weeks later. The first interview was pretty quick and then they sent me back out and called me back later for a second interview. This one was a bit longer but the questions were pretty similar. I was called within a week with a job offer. Most of the questions were situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to ask someone more experienced for help with something.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by two team leaders at the same time. The questions were simple, asking me in what ways I have assisted customers, how I go above and beyond, any criminal convictions, etc... You will be okay as long as you show you put a customer first. Smile, look them in the eye and be cheerful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a crime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Ashburn, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Took about 45 min I had to wait quite a bit between the interviews both of which were 10 min each. They like specific answers to the scenarios but didn't mind if you took a min to think. Don't be nervous and just answer the questions as best as you can, its very lax.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to introduce someone to something new.   1 Answer