Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.2

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

Very quick interview, a fast and relatively easy process if you can be quick on your feet with the questions they ask. Be prepared to answer situation questions about your personal experiences, and answer them thoroughly, or this will end up being a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you disagreed with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied 2 weeks prior. Applied for cashier position but they were looking for sales floor. Attended a group interview. Same day met with HR person for a second interview. She asked about myself then explained my role, hours, and pay. I was offered the position the same day. Overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you were put into a leadership role   Answer Question

Sale Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target (Williamsport, PA).

Interview

Interviewed by one person, moved on to a new person in another interview. Offered employment within one week. There were several other applicants interviewing as well. The questions were fairly easy, more common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

As with many job interviews be prepared after that be confident practicing a few days before the interview is a good idea. Remember you should want to get the job if going, you have to get the interest of the employer to make you stand out from other people. Just use your skills, answer the questions as much fast and detailed as you can. It is one of the easier interviews no pressure

Interview Questions

• A situation where you came across a problem and how you solved that problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

So when I got there I told them I was there and a very friendly lady said that she'd let them know I was there and to sit and wait in the food area. A very friendly man then came about 10 minutes later, I shook his hand, and he took me to the office in the back of the store. He started off with confirming my avalability and then described the job I was being interviewed for (sorftline). After that he asked me 3, 3-Part questions and gave a speach about the responsibilities of the job. When that interview was finished, he took to another in the front of the store for my second interview. The lady in there started off with having me tell her alittle about myself and she then told me about herself. The questions she asked were pretty similar, and when she was done she welcomed me to the team and hired me on the spot. I then went into a third office where my orientation was set up. Overall it was an amazing experience and it was great getting hired for my first job on my first interview. This site really helped the interview run smoothly and prepared my for the questions they asked.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

fairly easy. the usual questions. just prepare a few quick examples of things before you go in so you don't falter on your answers. Its mostly past experiences and how you dealt with them or hypothetical situations that you might encounter. "Would you ask for help if you needed to or would you have a problem doing so". "Why do you want to work for Target" etc.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to work with someone you did not get along with and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Franklin, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in for my 9:30 am interview at 9:15 am. I was taken back into the employee locker area. I did a phone survey for WOC and then I was taken into a conference room where I waited for 25 minutes for someone to come interview me. I did the interview it lasted about 15 min and then the guy told me he was going to call me to come for the second interview and he asked if I had any questions for him. I asked what the next step is and he said he would call me either way. That was on Friday. Today (Monday) I got a standard email reply that said "we are unable to offer you a position at this time thanks for your interest in target of Franklin" this is extremely unprofessional and rude. They don't even have the common courtesy to personally call me like they said they would. I have a good amount of job experience and I am over 18 (22) and I live directly next door to the store and even with all those qualifications they rejected me so I don't know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked stuff like when you were in a certain position , how did you handle it and what was the outcome? And they ask your availability etc   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

It was extremely quick. I went in about 5 minutes earlier and a store lead came in. She first asked me about my availability and went over a bit about what the job is going to be like. Asked me a couple of questions and that was it. She told me in about 7-10 business days and I'd get a call.

Interview Questions

• What would teachers or adults in your life describe you as?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

the process was incredibly simple. I filled out the application online, and the next day I received an email and a call about my job. within 3 days I was in the store (today) for my interview. the first thing I noticed was that everyone was very friendly, which was very reassuring. I was taken into my first interview, and made small talk with the woman, and we got along very well. she asked me the usual questions: how you got through a stressful time, how you worked with someone you didn't get along with, etc. I was then told I was getting a second interview, which was the same as the first, if not better. I ultimately got the job on the spot, which was awesome. I'm very excited to get started next week :)

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to prioritize? how did you do it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview and painless, it was a two part interview, finished both parts within a week of applying, interviewers were nice, no hassle, gave tips and feedback. Responded well and had great body language