Target

Average Difficulty
416 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – A lot of typical questions. Why do you want to work here? What customer service skills do you bring? How will you provide excellent customer service skills? Are you flexible with work schedules?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took a very difficult situation and turned for good.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied as a sales floor team member. I was contacted via phone one week later and asked to come in for a secondary interview since we spoke on the phone for a while. The interview was what would be expected. Relatively short and talked mostly about customer service.

Wheaton, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Can apply online or in store. They will interview you with one person and a little later another person will interview you if they like you. A background check will be run as well as a drug test. The interview questions do not really need to be prepared for. As long as you can supply a answer you will do well.

Interview Question – How did you over come a problem at you old job? May be difficult to answer if you never had a job before.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation procedure.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called by the HR to go to an interview that was to be held at an hotel. When i arrived there was a lot of people at the event. When it was my turn for the interview to of targets team members interviewed me.

Interview Question – What achievements are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and emailed the human resources workers. After a few days I called them to follow up and spoke to one of the employees there. I then spoke on the phone with an employee about the job.

Interview Question – If faced with a life or death experience experience while working at target, how would you deal with it?   View Answer

San Angelo, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

Interview Details – I recieved a call a few days after applying to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and was about 7 questions, which were all very standard and situational questions. I ended up stuttering a bit a few times out of nervousness, but was scheduled for an in-store interview. When I got there, I first had to fill out a 50-question survey on a computer, which included some math problems and personality profiling. After, I was brought upstairs and watched about 15 minutes worth if video, then the interview began. I was asked basically the same questions as the phone interview, and at the end, the interviewer said she would discuss with the phone interviewer about my answers. I never received a call back, disappointingly, and I suspect its because of my occasional stuttering and/or having less experience than others. (4 months of retail)

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer says the price of an item is $15, but it rung up as $20?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – The process is very easy. I did my interview over the phone and was then asked to come in to meet with the HR. They were very nice and I wasn't nervous at all. I was able to get the job and starting salary that I wanted.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty standard interview questions. Why do you want to work for Target? Tell me about a time you had to work in team.   Answer Question

Ellicott City, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied and about a week later I got called to schedule my phone interview a couple days later. They called that day, about 15 minutes late, after the interview they had me come in the next day for a face to face interview. There they show you a video about the position and then ask you the same questions as the phone interview. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – After watching a video about the position they ask you what's one thing you learned about Target that you didn't know.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Personal reasons

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a team leader, then in person interview with an ETL which was mostly like the phone interview, then one more interview in person with someone else. I think the third was a team leader or another ETL.

Interview Question – Recall a time that I made a mistake and what I did to correct it.   Answer Question

Sterling, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the Target website, took awhile for an interview, interview came in 3 stages, was asked questions, met with a Senior TL, met with HR and they liked what they saw and extended me an offer. Before I or they could accept me, I had to go to testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't have much of one.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!