Target

Average Difficulty
416 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired at an event due to a new store opening. There were quite a few applicants but we each had a 1 on 1 interview. Questions were typical for retail jobs

Negotiation Details – N/A

Fairview Park, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview with one of the managers, interview in person with two different managers which took about 30 minutes, was required to take a drug test within 24 hours of interview, orientation meeting which took four hours which was mostly filling out paperwork and watching videos, also got a tour of the store.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that you could improve on   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not a negotiation

Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their website for this position and two others (one at this location, the other at a different one). About a week or so later, I got a call back and was asked if I could come in for an interview. I was also given a number to call beforehand (that wasn't a phone interview; they just wanted my SSN). A few days later, I had my interview on-site. Showed up about 15 minutes early, did a computer assessment, interviewed with one person, watched their company employee video, watched it again in Spanish (they still weren't ready), interviewed with a second person and then DONE. I was surprised on my way out to see how many other people were there waiting to go after me. I was glad I overdressed!

Interview Question – My interviewer asked me to tell her about a time that I failed in something incredibly important to me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Target in January 2014.

Interview Details – went in and got a call back a few days later was so much fun such nice atmosphere nice workers awesome and then the manager like whats up dog and im like im good my brother from another mother

Interview Question – what i wanted to be when i grow up   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was awesome man

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Complete job application online then call them and tell them you completed it and they will setup an interview. You interview with two different people and then they send you to speak with someone about pay, you sign forms and you are sent to take a drug test within 48 hours.

Interview Question – Tell me about a stressful time you were working and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I tried, but they wouldn't increase.

Monroe, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview first and then two interviews back to back all wih
Th three different people. Was asked basic questions like "How will you help this company?" and "What's your best quality?" Not a high paying job, so don't be pressured into a detailed answer. Had a drug test that day (has to be within the day) and was hired withing two days.

Interview Question – There was no question that was difficult.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was a two step process. A 10-15 minute interview on the phone with the manager, followed a few days later with a 30-45 minute interview with an "Executive Team Leader." The questions were quite basic and revolved a lot around reactions to customer service situations. The interviewers were highly professional and make you feel very comfortable. I would only say, think twice about spending time doing the interviews if you're 50+ in age. You won't be a fit, although they won't say that, and you won't be offered a position even with the highest of qualifications, experience and two great interviews. If you're under 50 years old, just think like a business person, dress like a professional, highlight your customer service experience, and enjoy meeting some really nice people.

Interview Question – No really unexpected questions. All questions were basic (and excellent questions to ask) about your experience, and how you would handle various customer service situations.   Answer Question

Daly City, CA

Interview Details – I sent my application in online, and was called in for an interview about a day later. The interview is very straightforward, with the interviewer asking you why you want to work for Target, and about any experiences that you believe qualify you for the position. I've interviewed at this location twice now and the questions for the position are exactly the same. You're asked about a time where you worked as part of a team towards a common goal and about any former work experience, and you're pretty much asked how you feel you're right for the position. Simple stuff, really.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are pretty typical, the only one I had trouble with was "Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations" but it was still pretty simple.   Answer Question

Arvada, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was called in for an interview. I was told to come early so I could fill out a required online questionerre. When I got to the store I found out that only one computer was working. Someone was using it to apply. I went to the area that I was supposed to report for my interview, (Fitting Room), to let them know that I was there, but that I couldn't access the computer yet. I went back to the hiring kiosk. I took the assessment as soon as I could and reported back to the Fitting Room. The FR team member called the Leader on Duty, (LOD) to do the interview. They took me back to an office, (they are NOT soundproof). The LOD who interviewed me put me at ease with her smile and warm attitude, They have a standard interview format printed. She asked why I wanted to work for the company. Also, where could I see myself in 5 years. Also asked about community involvement. She thanked me and asked me to go wait by the FR for a second interview. The LOD for my second interview was very flustered and kept her walkie turned on and kept responding to it throughout the interview. It seemed rude, but I thought maybe it was part of my assessment...to see how I handle interruptions. Anyway, she asked me a few more questions, like, "What is your greatest fault". Then she read the job duties to me and asked if I could perform them. She thanked me and told me that they'd be in touch. By the time I got home, there was a message from them for me to call back. I tried to reach the person that called but they weren't available. It took several calls over a few days to connect with the right person. I think they want to see if you really want a job. I was hired pending drug testing results. After results came back, two weeks later, I was officially hired.

Interview Question – What do see as your biggest fault?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. All team members start at same pay.

Sales Floor Team Member

Interview Details – I was told to go the the Guest Services area and tell them that I was scheduled for an interview. She told me to go the the fitting room area and they would tell me where to go from there. There were a bunch of people standing there, and we waited for about 10-15 minutes.
Finally the girl at the counter was told to let us go down to the training room, and we were given a questionnaire to fill out. When we were finished, we were asked to sit back down inside that room. About 30 minutes later, I was called out and interviewed by two people, which later they told me was basically two interviews at once. After the interviews, I was sent back to the room, and then called back out 20 minutes later by HR, who then told me to expect a call within 3-5 days.

Interview Question – What would you do if you scanned an item and it came up as $19, but the customer was convinced that it was $17? How would you make up for the inconvenience if it turns out the price was incorrect?   Answer Question