Target

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in May 2014.

Quick phone interview with one of the managers, interview in person with two different managers which took about 30 minutes, was required to take a drug test within 24 hours of interview, orientation meeting which took four hours which was mostly filling out paperwork and watching videos, also got a tour of the store.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself that you could improve on   Answer Question
there was not a negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I was called to have a phone interview 1 day after I applied for the sales floor team member for target. They asked me five basic questions for example name one time when you had to work as part of a team, it was a quick interview about 5 minutes and they said they'll call me back if they choose me for a face to face interview and they didn't call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

I got a call for an interview and went in. They had me wait for a while but then took me into a room and asked me some simple questions. I later got a call for the job.

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in February 2013.

I had a disorganized phone interview with three different people. Once I got past that, I had a one on one interview with a leader on duty. Basic questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they just told me what the pay would be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2012.

Applied on company website for sales floor position. Received a call in 2 or 3 days to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of a computer assessment and two 1:1 interviews. The computer assessment is simple enough (it repeats a lot of questions from the original application.) The first interview was with the head of the department I would be placed in. Most questions were behavioral (name a time when X, how did you handle it, what was the result.) The second interview was basically the same thing but with the general manager. They seemed to like the fact that I answered the questions thoroughly and wasn't shy. After the interviews I was told that I would be contacted within a week with results. I was never called or sent anything.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you realized you were doing something wrong in the middle of a task. How did you handle this and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in February 2012.

When I first arrived at the store, I was directed to a kiosk where I had to do an online questionnaire much like the one you fill out on your online application. It had roughly ten questions where you had to provide the best way to deal with a situation, followed by the worst way. After I completed it, I was asked to sit in Starbucks until the manager could interview me. I only had to wait about ten minutes. My first interviewer was a team leader, and she was very kind and polite. I had to answer four questions about how I handled certain situations and verified my availability. Next I was interviewed by a floor manager, and he asked the same type of questions that I was asked before; it seemed a little redundant. After he was finished he told me to sit and wait for the HR representative to come in. She told me right away that they were going to offer me the job, then gave me the information to get my drug test taken and mentioned taking orientation either the next day or next week. The only thing I wished was different would be for them to give a little bit more information about orientation. I was very impressed with their kindness and acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to stress your skills set.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to deal with a coworker that didn't like you and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    You can't really negotiate anything, being as it's an entry level job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

I definitely came on here for the interview questions, which would be a good idea if you're not good on the spot :) I had two people interview me and they hired me right there. Then I was told to come back for orientation. Its pretty much like situation questions and personality.

Interview Questions
    • What are your faults?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with another co-worker? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in September 2009.

I was asked to wait for my interviewer in the on site starbucks cafe. I waited there for over 25 minutes before an obviously overworked member of entry-level management ran up and said "Interview?" to which I replied yes and gave my name and attempted to shake his hand. Apparently he was uninterested and I was just told to follow him into the back. Once to the location of the interview (a cold, messy conference room) he left again for around 15 minutes to grab the necessary paperwork. He then read questions straight from the paper and wrote down my answers. Pretty cut and dry questions asking about prior experiences with customer service. Overall my first impressions of the company were quite low. I was taken aback at how messy and dirty the office area of the store seemed in comparison to the way the sales floor was kept.

Interview Questions
    After my first interview, an "HR Team Member" came in and said "We're offering you the job. You start and 9.30." At this I was very surprised because of the high rate of pay and I quickly accepted the job and was hurried out the door to take my offsite drug test some 30 minutes away. At the time I felt it was worth it because the pay was decent for the type of work I anticipated doing.

That happiness was quickly dashed when the company delayed my orientation date 4 times and I found out that I would actually be making 7.30 per hour and that the HR Team Member was apparently "new" and that I had to accept that pay or quit. Oh well. I still work there...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in January 2008.

I first went in store and applied online. I was told that there were open positions and that I would hear from them if my skills matched what they were looking for. After about a month I received a call to come in for an in person interview which included typical interview questions.