Target

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Straightforward and very friendly interviewer. I knew going in the position was very competitive....... I had a good feeling leaving the interview process but unfortunately it did not work out.

Interview Question – What can you do to improve this company?   View Answer

Sales

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied 2 weeks before receiving a phone call from the hiring department. They scheduled a phone interview for the following day. It was mostly about my hours available and different sanarios. I later got a call about a week later calling me in for an interview at the store. I went and met with someone in the HR department and then the manager. I was hired on the spot

Interview Question – What are your weeknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said $8 was the starting out salary but I talked them up to $8.20

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had to do an application in there store after doing one online even though they called me for the interview. I waited for about half an hour before they called me in . I did an interview with a senior employee and then another employee who I believe was a team leader of some sort. When it was done they sat me back down in the waiting room. and it turns out the position was filled right before I got there.

Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2009.

Interview Details – Was awful interview a book of the worst questions that have nothing to do with me preforming a job.

Murrieta, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Interview Details – There was a Super Target going into a shopping center in Murrieta, so they were hiring somewhere to around 100 new employees. They did it in groups. I was scheduled to arrive at 2:30PM. When I got there, there was about 10 other people who were also scheduled to arrive at 2:30PM. When 2:30 came, a Target employee gave us a introduction and explained how the interview process was going to be. Next, we went into a room to watch something like a training video. Basically, it gave a summary of what the Target image was, and how Target employees are supposed to hold themselves. Then we each took a skills test based on the position that you applied for. Once I finished, I waited to have my first 1:1 interview. From there, they sent me to another room to wait for my second interview with a different interviewer. After that, they told me to wait for a phone call or an email... I got the email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you caught a fellow employee doing something they were not supposed to be doing? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think your personality would fit in here at Target?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2010.

Interview Details – it was very intimidating for a sales position, i had a phone interview where they asked me questions not regarding to sales and when i got the the 1:1 interview they drilled me sales tactics. I will not be interviewing with target anytime soon

Interview Question – What are the steps to a successful sale?   View Answer

Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recieved the initial screening phone call from an HR rep. Than she scheduled a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager was about an hour long.

Interview Question – What do you think matters more, satisfaction of our guests or completing a task? and Why?   Answer Question

Sales

The process took a day - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with a few people. Was shown around the store and everyone seemed really happy to be working there as well. Went over duties and what was expected of me. Overall I'd say it was a great interview.

Interview Question – What are your experiences with sales?   Answer Question

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2009.

Interview Details – there are 2 interviews. the first one is with a team leader. if you did well and they liked you, they will make you wait in the break room for your second interview with an executive team lead. if they like you there, you will need to go take a drug test within 24 hours of getting hired. they will then set up orientation times once they get enough hires.

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses?
(this is always a hard one!)
  Answer Question

Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process included on-line psych, IQ, and skills testing. The one on one meeting was very pleasant, and each interviewer sold Target in a positive manner. Questions were very basic to the process. What would you do if this happened. Strength-weakness. When did you do something to improve your company. How do you handle disageements with supervisors. Team attitude.( Integrity level is very important.)

Interview Questions

• What have done in the past to handle a situation that your supervisor wasn't happy about?   View Answer
  • What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay and insurance. $8 to start full time, and 6 months full before you get insurance.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!