Target

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – apply online, called in for interveiw tae assesment, two interveiws

Interview Question – all basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.25

Encinitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. A month later was contacted for an interview. I only wanted part time and they wanted full time, so I didn't get a further interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if you weren't getting along with another employee   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Easy and straight forward. However, training is virtually non existent. They show you a video and expect you to improvise and learn on the fly. Managers/team leads seem to get annoyed when you run into problems.

Interview Question – What makes you a good team member?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had their mind made up.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and scheduled an interview as soon as the application was complete. I had two in-person interviews. The first was with an HR member, the second was a week later with a sales manager. Most of the questions were basic questions about past experience and how I handle certain situations. Setting was pretty laid back.

Elk Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview - then few days later i got a call for a in-store interview. then met a team lead and had my first interview then had to wait about 20 mins for another target employee to interview me. They offered me the job, Then signed i singed the work papers and background check.

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Was held at a hotel not even remotely near the location. I spent 25min conversing with the interviewers and the remainer of the 2 hrs waiting in a room while we were pestered by a current sales associate who did not stop chattering for more than a min.

Interview Question – None! I knew what was coming.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – She was very easy to talk with about hourly rate (started off at $12.50 an hour).

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!