Target

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Be prepared to answer Situation, Behavior and Outcome questions in your interview. They'll be looked for the scope of your projects/work experiences and the actions that you took to ensure a favorable outcome. Don't be afraid to talk about what you learned in the process of your project work or work experiences. They'll appreciate your honesty. Be ready to talk about your strengths and opportunities (weaknesses) in a positive manner that shows how you're improving and getting better.

Interview Question – "Tell me about you." "Why do you want this job."   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty unorganized but was overall a positive experience. I had to go to the district office at the time and interview with two District Team Leaders. I then interviewed with a Store Team Leader and was offered a position at her store.

Interview Question – All situation based questions. Tell me about a time you made a mistake, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually received a higher starting pay than I asked for.

Senior Team LEader

I interviewed at Target in April 2011.

Interview Details – The position was posted online as well as on the Team Member Communication Board. Once you apply, you go through a series of 5 interviews typically. There are 3 Executive Team Leader interviews, one Store Team Leader interview and one District Team Leader interview.

Interview Question – Unexpected question would be to put all of your Executive Team Leaders in order from best to worst.   Answer Question

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Interview Details – Four rounds of interviews. Scenario base. i.e "tell me a time when you placed someones else needs over yours". Or "how would you handle a situation with an irate customer".

Interview Question – I had no on the job experience and they wanted an example outside of school and my college clubs. Question, tell me a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was more or less, here's $15 and I would like to offer you a position.

Senior Team LEader

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Initial interview by HR TM as screening followed by interview with a team lead then executive or store manager.
Questions are Situational, Behavior, Outcome.

Currently, they are looking for candidates that focus on customer values and driving for results. The theme of "make it right" or in Target lingo, the Vibe, is a key point in screening.

Interview Question – You are cashiering and a guest informs you that an item has rung up $3 higher than expected, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Senior Team LEader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Interview Details – Three interviews with STLs, then one with the District Team Leader

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss, tell me about a time when you had a problem with a coworker, tell me about a time you were a part of a team or group that accomplished its goals, tell me about a time when you made a mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. I told them what I was expecting as far as pay, and then they came back with something lower that they could afford.

Bowling Green, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with 3 different managers

Interview Question – All situational interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered 15 I requested 16. They said yes. Seen other people in my role make 20. Make them pay you what youre worth because they will work you very hard and expect alot.

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – I originally started interviewing for the ETL postion. I had 3 phone interviews and 1 interview with the DTL. After I interviewed with the DTL the store team leader and the HR ETL called me back in for my last interview. They felt as if I was not quite ready for the ETL position, but they did offer me the SR Team Lead Postion

Interview Question – ALOT of STAR Questions... Tell me about a time when you...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted a salary, but they gave me the hourly amount of what the salary would have been. happy with offer.

Savannah, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in June 2009.

Interview Details – I walked into the store with my resume and asked to talk to a manager to introduce myself. I got a call the next day, spent 5 hours in interviews, and got a job offer the same day.

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions, but it was a long process. Expect 4-6 hours for any leadership position. You're meeting with most of the store leadership. They're asking you the specific questions written down.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. They told me what they would pay me and I accepted.

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interview with store executives and store manager. Approval gets you interview with District leader. Interviews consist of situational questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle timelines that you know you won't meet?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer that you could take or decline.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!