Target Senior Team LEader Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

3.2

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Team LEader Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Target.

There are 6-10 behavioral questions all structured like "Tell me about a time when...." so you better prepare about 10 examples of times that you lead a team, made a mistake, held someone accountable, had difficult conversations, handled conflict, made then executed a plan, etc.

Interview Questions
  • They were all behavioral based questions, none particularly harder than others.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Senior Team LEader Interview

Be prepared to answer Situation, Behavior and Outcome questions in your interview. They'll be looked for the scope of your projects/work experiences and the actions that you took to ensure a favorable outcome. Don't be afraid to talk about what you learned in the process of your project work or work experiences. They'll appreciate your honesty. Be ready to talk about your strengths and opportunities (weaknesses) in a positive manner that shows how you're improving and getting better.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about you." "Why do you want this job."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

The hiring process was pretty unorganized but was overall a positive experience. I had to go to the district office at the time and interview with two District Team Leaders. I then interviewed with a Store Team Leader and was offered a position at her store.

Interview Questions
    • All situation based questions. Tell me about a time you made a mistake, what did you do?   Answer Question
    I actually received a higher starting pay than I asked for.

Senior Team LEader Interview

interviewed at Target in April 2011.

The position was posted online as well as on the Team Member Communication Board. Once you apply, you go through a series of 5 interviews typically. There are 3 Executive Team Leader interviews, one Store Team Leader interview and one District Team Leader interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question would be to put all of your Executive Team Leaders in order from best to worst.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2010.

Four rounds of interviews. Scenario base. i.e "tell me a time when you placed someones else needs over yours". Or "how would you handle a situation with an irate customer".

Interview Questions
    • I had no on the job experience and they wanted an example outside of school and my college clubs. Question, tell me a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   View Answer
    No negotiation. It was more or less, here's $15 and I would like to offer you a position.

Senior Team LEader Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Initial interview by HR TM as screening followed by interview with a team lead then executive or store manager.
    Questions are Situational, Behavior, Outcome.

Currently, they are looking for candidates that focus on customer values and driving for results. The theme of "make it right" or in Target lingo, the Vibe, is a key point in screening.

Interview Questions
    • You are cashiering and a guest informs you that an item has rung up $3 higher than expected, what do you do?   View Answer
    Unable to negotiate

Senior Team LEader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in January 2011.

Three interviews with STLs, then one with the District Team Leader

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss, tell me about a time when you had a problem with a coworker, tell me about a time you were a part of a team or group that accomplished its goals, tell me about a time when you made a mistake.   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation. I told them what I was expecting as far as pay, and then they came back with something lower that they could afford.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

3 interviews with 3 different managers

Interview Questions
    Offered 15 I requested 16. They said yes. Seen other people in my role make 20. Make them pay you what youre worth because they will work you very hard and expect alot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

I originally started interviewing for the ETL postion. I had 3 phone interviews and 1 interview with the DTL. After I interviewed with the DTL the store team leader and the HR ETL called me back in for my last interview. They felt as if I was not quite ready for the ETL position, but they did offer me the SR Team Lead Postion

Interview Questions
    • ALOT of STAR Questions... Tell me about a time when you...   Answer Question
    I wanted a salary, but they gave me the hourly amount of what the salary would have been. happy with offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Target in June 2009.

I walked into the store with my resume and asked to talk to a manager to introduce myself. I got a call the next day, spent 5 hours in interviews, and got a job offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, but it was a long process. Expect 4-6 hours for any leadership position. You're meeting with most of the store leadership. They're asking you the specific questions written down.   View Answer
    There wasn't one. They told me what they would pay me and I accepted.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!