Target Senior Team Lead Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

3.2

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Honestly it's a joke to be honest it's really lame. To be honest just tell the interviewer what they want to here and you will have no problem. The process is simple not difficult at all except if they do not like the way you or talk they will turn you down just for that so, FYI go to interview dress properly and speak with proper etiquette

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Target in June 2014.

I had my first interview with etl HR. Then I assumed I passed that interview. I was called in for an interview with the STL. I believe it went well. However, the store was undergoing a lot of head count cuts and even though I was more than qualified they decided to promote from within.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest?   View Answer

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

3 interviews total. A lot of situational "tell me about a time" questions

Interview Questions
    • nothing was too difficult, but they do look for answers with substance   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Three interviews (Executive Team Leader, Executive Team Leader - HR, and Store Manager) and phone interview with District Team Leader

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

The interview process is based on a set of questions that want a situation that you had, the behaviors that you took to get to the outcome.

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

3 Interviews - HR - Store Manager - District Manger.
    Ask situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you take the time to prepare yourself you should do fine. But DO practice and look up possible questions.   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Several interviews with Executive Team Leads within the store followed by and interview with the Store Team Lead and the District Team Lead. Interviews are fast and take about 10 minutes each.

I was promoted from within the company so I'm not sure about the process for someone new to Target.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions such as "As you are working on a task, you see a guest with a small child and a birthday cake in the cart. She stops and asks you where your birthday hats are. What do you do?"   View Answer

Senior Team Lead Interview

There are 2 interviews an applicant goes through. You are asked 3 situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be "Tell me about a time when you had multiple things to do in a short period of time?"   Answer Question
    Target does not negotiate at the hourly rate.

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Extremely long hiring process. For a team lead you interview with 3 Executives, then the store team lead and after that has finished you may have to interview with the District team lead. All questions are situational and are best answered on personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • There really isn't anything super difficult   View Answer
    Really wasn't a negotiation, just an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I applied online from their store computer. I would suggest to do that as the computer there contains behavioural test and the result is then sent to the hiring manager. Once I did that I got a call in about 4 days, they did not provide any further details but I had 2 interviews on the same day. And they even offered my a job the same day. Usually if the second interviewer says we will get back to you, you are not going to get an offer unless you are applying in busy months like Dec or Jan.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioural questions, very straight forward. But be prepared because if you take time to think its not a good sign.   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate a little bit, but not to my satisfaction. But I did not have any prior retail work experience so I am guessing if you have a prior retail experience you might be able to negotiate more.