Target Senior Team Lead Interview Questions

3.2

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Snellville, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

I had my first interview with etl HR. Then I assumed I passed that interview. I was called in for an interview with the STL. I believe it went well. However, the store was undergoing a lot of head count cuts and even though I was more than qualified they decided to promote from within.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Honestly it's a joke to be honest it's really lame. To be honest just tell the interviewer what they want to here and you will have no problem. The process is simple not difficult at all except if they do not like the way you or talk they will turn you down just for that so, FYI go to interview dress properly and speak with proper etiquette

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

3 interviews total. A lot of situational "tell me about a time" questions

Interview Questions
    • nothing was too difficult, but they do look for answers with substance   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target.

Three interviews (Executive Team Leader, Executive Team Leader - HR, and Store Manager) and phone interview with District Team Leader

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in March 2011.

The interview process is pretty standard situation based questions. Specific answers revolving around a previous experience. Generally you should have 4-6 scenarios for low/middle level positions, and 8-12 for higher level positions. At the Executive Team Leader position and below you will interview with 3-4 people. Team Members will interview in store with team leaders and and ETL. Team Leaders and ETLs interview with HR, one or two Store Team Leaders, and the District Team Leader. At the ETL level you interview with the one or two STLs, the DTL, and the Group Leader.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when...

You had multiple things to do in a short amount of time and how you manged to get it done?
      You did more than what was asked of you?
        Answer Question
    Base pay is around 12.75. I negotiated based off prior experience towards the high end of 15.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Great! Easy well planned out. All parties involved were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to solve a problem that was outside your given skill set or expertise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Galveston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Was recruited from outside. Did phone interview with a store HR ETl. Then an interview with a different store manager. Then a phone interview with district manager and then finally an interview with the store team lead and the ETL that I'd work with. It took 3-4 weeks and they were very forgetful. Had to call and follow up. They wanted me just had turnover in upper levels that affected their process.

Interview Questions
    • None were unexpected. All pretty easy and common. They use a set formula for every single interview   Answer Question
    Was no negation. Offered and accepted

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

The interview process is based on a set of questions that want a situation that you had, the behaviors that you took to get to the outcome.

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

3 Interviews - HR - Store Manager - District Manger.
    Ask situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you take the time to prepare yourself you should do fine. But DO practice and look up possible questions.   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Several interviews with Executive Team Leads within the store followed by and interview with the Store Team Lead and the District Team Lead. Interviews are fast and take about 10 minutes each.

I was promoted from within the company so I'm not sure about the process for someone new to Target.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions such as "As you are working on a task, you see a guest with a small child and a birthday cake in the cart. She stops and asks you where your birthday hats are. What do you do?"   View Answer

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!