Target Senior Team Lead Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

3.2

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

There are two interviews, one with the store management team and the second with the district leader. Questions will be surrounding scenarios, and past experience. Some questions focus on you ability to solve problems and challenge upper management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a pay grade 17 and it is non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

They lied in the interview. I was promised a team, better working hours, health benefits, etc. It was a terrible experience and I wish I had never left the company I was with before Target. They treat there employees like a number, easily replaced and heavily disrespected. My overall experience was terrible with this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about leading a team which had nothing to do with my job. I was my team.   1 Answer

Senior Team Lead Interview

Interview

Scripted interview where they ask you a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. They rate your responses on a 1-5 scale. 1 being a bad response and 5 being a great response. Afterwards they tally your points to consider whether you should go on to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions where not too difficult, you just have to remember to answer the question in how everything affects the "big picture." Like how did it affect sales, or how did your response to something affected the rest of the team.   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

Interview

Usually 3 to 4 interviews. All interviews are behavioral based and begin with "Tell me about a time". Store level preliminary interviews have 3 questions, then if your accepted the leader sets up a follow-up. Leadship interviews start by being contacted by a recruiter then HR and other leadership. Like all interviews have examples and elaborate and you will do fine.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Honestly it's a joke to be honest it's really lame. To be honest just tell the interviewer what they want to here and you will have no problem. The process is simple not difficult at all except if they do not like the way you or talk they will turn you down just for that so, FYI go to interview dress properly and speak with proper etiquette

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Snellville, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had my first interview with etl HR. Then I assumed I passed that interview. I was called in for an interview with the STL. I believe it went well. However, the store was undergoing a lot of head count cuts and even though I was more than qualified they decided to promote from within.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

You interview with district team lead. They will first want to get to know you, where you went to school, what you like to do outside of work, future goals..... Then they will ask why you want to work for target and where you see yourself going with target. They they ask about 4 or 5 interview questions. Lastly they will conclude/wrap up the interview and they will ask do you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a policy or procedure.   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

3 interviews total. A lot of situational "tell me about a time" questions

Interview Questions

• nothing was too difficult, but they do look for answers with substance   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Three interviews (Executive Team Leader, Executive Team Leader - HR, and Store Manager) and phone interview with District Team Leader

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview process is based on a set of questions that want a situation that you had, the behaviors that you took to get to the outcome.