Target Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There were two rapid fire interviews. The first was a little more informal with the team leader and the second was more formal with the hiring manager of the store. I was interviewed almost immediately after applying and was offered a position at the end of the interviews. The interviews lasted about an hour in total, but it was a relatively slow day in the store and they are in a hiring phase right now. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond in situation x, y, or z?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of when you fell into conflict with someone you worked with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Lake Stevens, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Lake Stevens, WA).

Interview

I applied and got a call three weeks later, tried calling back for about a week and finally got to talk to someone in HR. Went in for an interview three days later, and a second interview the next day. The interview was quite laid back, they mostly asked about my schedule and then behavioral questions, like what would you do in such and such situation. They said I would receive a phone call in about a week and still have not heard.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where you had to stand up for yourself?   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews in the morning, they were very short interviews, but very long wait-time in between them; which is to be expected on a busy morning. All employees greeted me with a smile and a handshake as they introduced themselves. The first few asked situation-based questions, the last one hired me.

Interview Questions

• Probably what the best impact I've had on someone else's life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was great i first came in and there was another girl there for the same position i went in and did my interview then i had another interview with the Starbucks management and was told i had got the job me and the other girl both had got the job and we was told to go take a drug test it had to be done within 48 hours i did yhe test went in for orientation and ztarted the following day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with the Starbucks team leader who went through a series of pre-arranged questions, took notes. After that went well I immediately met with a member of HR. When that went well I was offered the job and was walked through the information by another member of the staff. Had to complete and pass a drug test within 24 hours to be officially hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you knew you made a mistake and how you remedied it.   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview

I voiced that I wanted to be a Starbucks barista while working in softlines. and they approved to have a chance to interview for an open position. Since I had already gone through the initial interview of being hired for Target, my team lead basically sat me down and asked real questions instead of the impersonal ones they have on their grid. It was a great experience. He pinned down why I wanted to work with coffee, if I was ready for a high stress job, and was motivated and self sufficient. The initial Target interview was pretty easy. They asked almost all behavioral questions, which are pretty standard for retail. Some example questions were "Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer" "what are some of your strengths and weaknesses" "you have three different customers that come in at the same time and you're by yourself. One customer is looking impatient wanting to try clothes on, one is meandering through the store, and one appears to be looking for something in particular, but can't find it. What do you do?" Always make sure that you describe the problem, what you did, and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years? Do you see yourself still at Target?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, starting for baristas is higher than a sales associate by $0.50

Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call 1.5 months later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was 3 days later. Before the interview, I had to call a phone number and answer automated yes or no questions about my ability to work. The interview went well, and they informed me that they were not looking for anyone to fill the position for at least a month. The interviewer said that "so and so" would be contacting me with their availability to schedule an in-person interview. No one has contacted me since then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Rosemont, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, the first by telephone & the second face to face with Executive Team Lead. The questions were pretty much the same on both. I thought the way the questions were read to me (instead of through normal conversation) was off-putting. It seemed cold & that they really weren't trying to get to know who I was. The phone interview was about 30 minutes & the face to face one was about 11/2 hours. After the face to face interview was finished, the ETL (Exec. Team Lead) went to consult with HR, then returned 10 min. later to tell me I would be called in about 7-10 days with an answer. 5 days later, I received an email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in a past job that you dealt with a difficult problem and made the company look good?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Had two interviews, one with the starbucks team leader and then with the HR. After the starbucks team leader asked the questions, she was rating my answers, etc. The HR came after and hired me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Flowery Branch, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early, I walked over to the Guest (Customer) Service Center, and was sent to the Starbucks. The store manager greeted me and gave me a "Retail" test. It was 20 questions asking what is the best decision and worst for each. Afterward I was interviewed by the Team Leader at the Starbucks. Next I was interviewed by the Floor Manager, they were both really sweet, especially the Floor manger. The store manager told me the pay--a little more than minimum wage (it's 7.25 in Ga)--and asked me if I wanted the position, I accepted, of course, but my orientation doesn't start for TWO weeks! At the orientation I have to be trained for cashier as well, since I am technically an employee or Target and not Starbucks. The uniform is red polo/collared shirts (or black for Starbucks) and khaki pants, and black shoes.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How did you and a friend/partner/co-worker work together to complete a task?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you made a mistake, and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What was a situation where you had to do a lot of things at once?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't one.