Target

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had two interviews, one with the starbucks team leader and then with the HR. After the starbucks team leader asked the questions, she was rating my answers, etc. The HR came after and hired me.

Interview Question – What are your strength and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Lawrence, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interview phases, both sitting down with 1 interviewer.

Interview Question – When did you experience a situation go in a direction different than you had expected? How did you learn or move on from it?   Answer Question

Clackamas, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2011.

Interview Details – They ask a lot of behavorial questions. Always answer with, the situation, what you did, and the outcome (what you learned, how the guest felt about the company after).

You will have at least two interviews, one with the department manager, and then one with Hr. Usually. Some times there are phone interviews too.

Interview Question – I think my hardest to answer question is about leading a team, because I don't have experience. You will get further to really think about times you have taken charge, how you conveyed to others how things need to be done, how they responded and if they followed you, etc. And then the result of your having taken charge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was, "When can you start? I know that you have another job, but is there any way we can work around your current schedule."

There was no negotiating pay.

Starbucks Barista

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call 1.5 months later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was 3 days later. Before the interview, I had to call a phone number and answer automated yes or no questions about my ability to work. The interview went well, and they informed me that they were not looking for anyone to fill the position for at least a month. The interviewer said that "so and so" would be contacting me with their availability to schedule an in-person interview. No one has contacted me since then.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews, the first by telephone & the second face to face with Executive Team Lead. The questions were pretty much the same on both. I thought the way the questions were read to me (instead of through normal conversation) was off-putting. It seemed cold & that they really weren't trying to get to know who I was. The phone interview was about 30 minutes & the face to face one was about 11/2 hours. After the face to face interview was finished, the ETL (Exec. Team Lead) went to consult with HR, then returned 10 min. later to tell me I would be called in about 7-10 days with an answer. 5 days later, I received an email that I was not selected.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in a past job that you dealt with a difficult problem and made the company look good?   View Answer

Starbucks Barista

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed during a mass hiring at a hotel for a new Target. I had applied a few months in advance online. There were a total of two interviews with two different people. Neither seemed particularly challenging. They're looking for very outgoing, driven people. Target and especially Starbucks expect you to interact with guests beyond just serving them.

Interview Question – What would you say is your greatest fault/weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You take what they offer and that was it. Starting pay is 9/hr

Flowery Branch, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

Interview Details – I arrived 10 minutes early, I walked over to the Guest (Customer) Service Center, and was sent to the Starbucks.
The store manager greeted me and gave me a "Retail" test. It was 20 questions asking what is the best decision and worst for each. Afterward I was interviewed by the Team Leader at the Starbucks. Next I was interviewed by the Floor Manager, they were both really sweet, especially the Floor manger.
The store manager told me the pay--a little more than minimum wage (it's 7.25 in Ga)--and asked me if I wanted the position, I accepted, of course, but my orientation doesn't start for TWO weeks!
At the orientation I have to be trained for cashier as well, since I am technically an employee or Target and not Starbucks. The uniform is red polo/collared shirts (or black for Starbucks) and khaki pants, and black shoes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is straight forward. I applied online and received a phone call two days later to come for an in person interview. I completed an online assessment and another one on the day of the interview. All questions are personality/situational based. The in person interview took about an hour. I was first interviewed by a manager and then again by a lead. The ask questions based on your background and the information you provided in your application. There are a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. Most relate to experiences working with a team or completing a task. The interview is very straight forward, but you definitely get the sense they are looking for a specific personality. I was hired on the spot, despite initially being told that they would not be extending any offers that same day. I think my interview just went very, very well.

Interview Question – None. Compared to my background, this interview was very straight forward. Be friendly, polite, outgoing and smile.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Pay for this position is $8.85.

Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had to be interviewed by 2 people. One sales team leader and then by a manager. Pretty straightforward why did I want to work there, what is my availability and experiences. Each interview they asked my 4 situational questions. They will hire the you the same day if they like you

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!