Target

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

They were on my campus interviewing students, I walked in and "the best interview of the day".

No, the pay was $14 as an intern. 40hrs a week

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Store Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Very good communication, walked me through the entire process. Very professional

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you and a leader disagreed over a significant issue   Answer Question

Better Offer

Executive Store Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Campus career fair, the people there were really nice and the onsite interview went great. The were full in my region, so I applied to another. One week later, got a phone call from a new HR manager and she was very inexperienced, but she was nice. She asked the questions poorly and her freshness was evident. The interview was short and dull on her end.

Executive Store Intern Interview

University Job fair. Doing tons of questions before the interview. The 1st during the interview is do you need a sponsorship to work for Target. I said yes(as international student). Then the interviewer told me to be prepared that I will not get the position because of the sponsorship. I think i did not get the offer because of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in March 2014.

2 rounds of interviews. First, on campus interview. Asked three behavioral questions. Second interview was exactly the same thing, just with someone in HR.

Inbetween interviews you have to do a situation analysis, personality test, and intelligence test. Super time consuming.

Situation analysis shows you a video of a problem at work and then you have to choose the most effective answer (from multiple choices) and the least effective answer. You do about 20+ of these.

Personality test is basic. Just choose the sentences that best describe you, out of a series of choices.

Intelligence test is basically the math version of the SAT that is at least twice as long, nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sacrifice something to uphold a commitment.   Answer Question

Stores Executive Intern Interview

The interview process was a very good one. The interview itself was based on behavioral type questions, "Tell me about a time when..." and so forth. The person interviewing me was an actual Store Team Leader and was engaged the whole time. Sounds like there is a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you made a mistake and had to make up for it?   Answer Question

Store Executive Intern Interview

The hiring process started with a career fair for me where you were introduced to the area college recruiter from there you give them your resume and have a small interview. If they like you they set you up with an interview at a store. from there I had a phone interview and then another final phone interview. Long process, lasted way to long but it was worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you successfully handled an opposing view   Answer Question
    none

Store Executive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

I found out about the position at a career fair put on by my university - there, I handed my resume to a recruiter and received a phone call asking for an interview time.

I then filled out and submitted my online application.

The first round of interviews was with a young woman, she asked a list of situational/behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when..."). She was chipper and friendly and told me that they would like me back for a second interview, which was about a week later.

The second interview was much of the same format, this time with two people, a young woman and an older man who was higher up in management. Same thing, the questions were clearly from a set list but the man asking them was fairly relaxed and informal, would ask follow-up questions to get to know you, joked around, etc.

A couple weeks after that I received an email asking me to fill out an online assessment and that I made it to the final round of interviews, a phone interview with a Senior Group Director.

The assessment was half personality questions ("co-workers would describe me as ___") which were not timed and half math/logic problems that were timed ("name the next number in the sequence, etc."). There were many more questions than were possible to complete int he allotted time so you were scored on how many you could complete too.

The final interview was with a man who seemed supremely disinterested. After my very long responses, he would have an extended pause, and say "ok". That was it, no more and no less - and curiously, he gave me no opportunity to ask questions afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a conflict between two groups in a leadership position".

- Difficult mainly because a very similar question was asked directly beforehand.
        Answer Question
    Non-negotiable pay, 16.50/hr for me.

Stores Executive Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Moved through fairly easy on-campus interview with two local store leads. Mostly behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when..." Next round of interviews was with a District Manager. Interview was extremely fast, again behavioral questions, but the manager seemed very disinterested like I was wasting his time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something wrong and how did you recover from that situation.   Answer Question

Executive Store Intern Interview

Initial communication was at my university's career fair. Had an interview at my school the following day -- very friendly recruiter, easy questions. I was offered a second interview via email a few days later. Interviewed at the district headquarters a few weeks later. Interview was very quick with more difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to challenge an opposing opinion   Answer Question