Target Target Back Room Team Member Interview Questions

2.5

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Easy interview. Be conversational. Work experience helpful but not required. Have an open schedule, Be wiling to learn. Not much else to say, it's a basic unskilled job. Not really the kind of thing you should do for life unless you plan to live with your parents or roommates forever and don't go to college.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interviewed with two different team leaders and was asked a lot of questions about my reactions in specific situations. Definitely a much more involved interview than I expected. Seems as though they really want to make sure they're hiring good people

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you provided customer service that was above and beyond

Why do you want to be a target back room team member?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, $8.50 take it or leave it. Waiting to be called back for orientation

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Every thing too about a week, i got a phone interview on a Monday. They asked simple questions like Tell me about a time that you had to multitask. Then about 3 days later no one called to tell me that i did not get the job, but they sent me a short email. they did not even explain why i was not being considered.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Phone interview 1st and then the next step is in store interview. Relatively difficult for whatever reason and a lot of questions. (10 to be exact). Most of the questions revolved around teamwork and the beginning questions were easy, but as the interview continued, unexpected questions arose. Also in the middle of the interview the interviewer had to randomly include the duties of the front line clerk because of Target policies. I wish I got the job but I think I did poorly in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were part of a team effort. There were others but I can't remember.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

They called me and asked me if I'm interested working for target then they schedule an interview that process took about a week, once I interviewed, I had to take drug test that took me about another week. It's total two week process in hiring so take your time finding another job if you have to.

Interview Questions
    • How can you achieve your most difficult task in stressful environment? What was the time when your coworker call off and you had to work in busy time?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

You will go through two interviews with either team leads or executive team leads. It was relatively straight forward, questions about availability and a lot of hypotheticals. For me both interviews were exactly the same, the questions were just worded slightly differently. No idea if this has changed since. They however will not actually start you until they have enough people to do a group orientation, I was hired in early september but didn't actually begin until mid to late october.

Interview Questions
    • They want vivid descriptions of "Exceptional" customer service experiences. I Have been in retail since I was 15 and honestly didn't have any so I just made one up to get through the question.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, they offer you the position with it's standard rate of pay, you can accept or hit the road.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Niagara Falls, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

They were fairly slow in their hiring process after the final interview. I had only one interview, although now I hear that they are doing phone interviews followed by an in-person final interview. You apply via a kiosk with the store itself. It was approx a week after my application that I was contacted via phone to set up an interview. 3 weeks later I had my first day. They will be asking for a urine sample to be carried out at a lab after you are tentatively hired (in my case, Quest Diagnostics).

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about a time that I had a huge conflict with a coworker and how I resolved it. I've never had a huge conflict, so I made something up. I thought it was somewhat ridiculous to assume that everyone has had a serious conflict with a past coworker.   View Answer
    They didn't seem very open to pay negotiation. Then again, I don't remember asking outright.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Simple apply online then get call for interview. Then if pass interview drug test background screen, then offered job.

Interview Questions
    Simple told base salary no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

The interview is very simple. It is essentially a joke. The only thing anyone need worry about is making sure to get to the lab they send you to for a urine drug-screening test within 24 hours of the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that your previous employer would ask less of you?   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Went in early. Well dressed and fresh looking. I was told to sit on a bench by the registers for about 15 mins. After being called in I met the HR. Asked questions on leadership, scenarios for helping guests, and what could I bring to Target. Than I met the LOD of Logistic who asked the same questions. After that, I met the Back Room team lead who asked the same questions. All of them were very nice and not to forcing.

Interview Questions
    • The most Difficult question asked was how have I been a leader before and how can I bring leadership to Target. That was the first and most biggest value Target seemed to look for.   Answer Question
    Allow your interviewer to know that you enjoy customer service, fast pace work, and that you have leadership skills to lead others. Always respond positive and honest.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!