Target

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Every thing too about a week, i got a phone interview on a Monday. They asked simple questions like Tell me about a time that you had to multitask. Then about 3 days later no one called to tell me that i did not get the job, but they sent me a short email. they did not even explain why i was not being considered.

Interview Question – The questions were simple.   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview 1st and then the next step is in store interview. Relatively difficult for whatever reason and a lot of questions. (10 to be exact). Most of the questions revolved around teamwork and the beginning questions were easy, but as the interview continued, unexpected questions arose. Also in the middle of the interview the interviewer had to randomly include the duties of the front line clerk because of Target policies. I wish I got the job but I think I did poorly in my interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were part of a team effort. There were others but I can't remember.   Answer Question

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in October 2012.

Interview Details – They called me and asked me if I'm interested working for target then they schedule an interview that process took about a week, once I interviewed, I had to take drug test that took me about another week. It's total two week process in hiring so take your time finding another job if you have to.

Interview Question – How can you achieve your most difficult task in stressful environment? What was the time when your coworker call off and you had to work in busy time?   View Answer

Braintree, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in September 2011.

Interview Details – You will go through two interviews with either team leads or executive team leads. It was relatively straight forward, questions about availability and a lot of hypotheticals. For me both interviews were exactly the same, the questions were just worded slightly differently. No idea if this has changed since. They however will not actually start you until they have enough people to do a group orientation, I was hired in early september but didn't actually begin until mid to late october.

Interview Question – They want vivid descriptions of "Exceptional" customer service experiences. I Have been in retail since I was 15 and honestly didn't have any so I just made one up to get through the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they offer you the position with it's standard rate of pay, you can accept or hit the road.

Niagara Falls, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details – They were fairly slow in their hiring process after the final interview. I had only one interview, although now I hear that they are doing phone interviews followed by an in-person final interview. You apply via a kiosk with the store itself. It was approx a week after my application that I was contacted via phone to set up an interview. 3 weeks later I had my first day. They will be asking for a urine sample to be carried out at a lab after you are tentatively hired (in my case, Quest Diagnostics).

Interview Question – They asked me about a time that I had a huge conflict with a coworker and how I resolved it. I've never had a huge conflict, so I made something up. I thought it was somewhat ridiculous to assume that everyone has had a serious conflict with a past coworker.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They didn't seem very open to pay negotiation. Then again, I don't remember asking outright.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – Simple apply online then get call for interview. Then if pass interview drug test background screen, then offered job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple told base salary no negotiation

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview is very simple. It is essentially a joke. The only thing anyone need worry about is making sure to get to the lab they send you to for a urine drug-screening test within 24 hours of the job offer.

Interview Question – What is something that your previous employer would ask less of you?   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went in early. Well dressed and fresh looking. I was told to sit on a bench by the registers for about 15 mins. After being called in I met the HR. Asked questions on leadership, scenarios for helping guests, and what could I bring to Target. Than I met the LOD of Logistic who asked the same questions. After that, I met the Back Room team lead who asked the same questions. All of them were very nice and not to forcing.

Interview Question – The most Difficult question asked was how have I been a leader before and how can I bring leadership to Target. That was the first and most biggest value Target seemed to look for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Allow your interviewer to know that you enjoy customer service, fast pace work, and that you have leadership skills to lead others. Always respond positive and honest.

Huber Heights, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was called the day after I submitted my online application and resume. I went in for an interview, completed some computer psychological tests, interviewed with the GSTL and ETL back to back, answering some of the same questions. Both had "interview booklets" they were writing in while I was speaking. After the interview with the ETL a young HR rep came into the room with a handful of papers and very mater-of-factly informed me that I was being offered a position as a team member, front end, at $7.75/hour and gave me the information about when and where to obtain my mandatory drug test. I left feeling very confused, not certain about what job I had been offered exactly (we had discussed more than one) and when and where I would be training and working.

Interview Question – Why Target? Not a hard one for me to answer, just unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was offered $7.75/hour, part-time. My first pay check indicated that I was making $8/hour. Never questioned it. After my 90-day-probation my rate went to $8.25/hr. almost automatically. Again I never questioned it and no one offered any explaination.

Bay Shore, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1) Applied online. 2) Got called 3 weeks later to schedual for an interview. 3) Interviewed by a supervisor (team leader) and the head of HR department. All situational based questions. Can't remember any specific ones. They write your answers down as you speak.

Interview Question – NONE   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!