Target Target Back Room Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

Process took a week, got called in for an interview, was asked questions involving how i handled certain situations, and "name a situation" type of questions. Overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you worked with an employee who didn't like what you were doing   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call two days later had a phone interview. Then scheduled to have another interview for the following week. When I went in the manager explained the job then asked me 3 situational questions. Everything went smoothly and she told they would let me know by Wednesday (had the interview on Friday) but never received a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Hollywood, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very clear through the interview process that the store was a place for friendly and warm competition. The process i was involved in made it easy for me to want to work at target.

Interview Questions

• How do I intend to impact the employees around me?   1 Answer

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with reviewing my availability and signing confirming it. Then I was asked four questions. Then, I waited for another manager to interview me and ask four more situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you needed to involve your manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shiloh, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Shiloh, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied Online for a cashier position, after about a week I got a call back for HR. They did not have any open cashier positions so he offered me a back room team member position with an interview setup the next day. The way the man spoke over the phone I thought I would be meeting with a certain individual. I arrived about 10 minute before my interview started the following day only to be greeted by a fellow team member who would be doing the interview process. The interview was all in total 8 MINUTES long and was not at all what the previous man had described. The guy read question from a paper and wrote down a paraphrased response of my answers. He informed me that I would get a call within one week, well as to date it has been five and still no call. I have a feeling that if I had done the interview with the HR person that called I would have gotten the job. Overall, I feel like I got a very unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why would you like to work here Q: Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Capitola, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Capitola, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online for team leader, got denied by mail three days later. Got a call one week after that where they asked me if I was interested in another position. I was, as I REALLY need work. Went in for my interview, which started about ten minutes late (they were pretty busy), and sat in a small room. Interviewer was very nice, all smiles, and happy to do the interview. Answered about six or seven questions about myself, my skills, and a couple situational questions. My Interviewer felt I'd be a great fit with the backroom area. I love the idea as I like organizing and don't much care for customers. When we finished the questions, a lady from HR came to hand me the job offer. All in all, it was a great experience!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Lake Park, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took 3+ weeks. Contacted me to set up a phone interview a few days after I applied online. Waited a week and a half and they contacted me again and said they wanted to do an in-person interview. A few days later I received an e-mail saying they could not offer me employment at that time with no reason for their decision. Very poor application process for applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself... Why Target? Tell me about a time you had trouble dealing with a co-worker... Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two-round interviews. You can find nearly every interview questions here. All reflects your attitude about work. You'd better prepare 1 to 2 questions to ask the interviewer. I forgot to ask about salary

Interview Questions

• If you need to communicate with someone who feel nervous,what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pico Rivera, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Break room waiting for u to be called... awkward while others r there staring at you and they eating,it was about four of us waiting to be interviewed but it came down to some young teen referred by his friend and myself. of course they got the friend.

Interview Questions

• what can u bring to our team?   1 Answer

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I had one interview with a supervisor. Then after I passed that I had another with the manager of the department I was applying for. They asked very simple questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked obvious "what would I do in certain situations" questions that were customer based.   Answer Question