Target Target Back Room Team Member Interview Questions

2.5

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Target in August 2014.

Interviewed with two different team leaders and was asked a lot of questions about my reactions in specific situations. Definitely a much more involved interview than I expected. Seems as though they really want to make sure they're hiring good people

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you provided customer service that was above and beyond

Why do you want to be a target back room team member?
      Answer Question
No negotiation, $8.50 take it or leave it. Waiting to be called back for orientation

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Every thing too about a week, i got a phone interview on a Monday. They asked simple questions like Tell me about a time that you had to multitask. Then about 3 days later no one called to tell me that i did not get the job, but they sent me a short email. they did not even explain why i was not being considered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in July 2014.

Easy interview. Be conversational. Work experience helpful but not required. Have an open schedule, Be wiling to learn. Not much else to say, it's a basic unskilled job. Not really the kind of thing you should do for life unless you plan to live with your parents or roommates forever and don't go to college.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in July 2014.

Phone interview 1st and then the next step is in store interview. Relatively difficult for whatever reason and a lot of questions. (10 to be exact). Most of the questions revolved around teamwork and the beginning questions were easy, but as the interview continued, unexpected questions arose. Also in the middle of the interview the interviewer had to randomly include the duties of the front line clerk because of Target policies. I wish I got the job but I think I did poorly in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were part of a team effort. There were others but I can't remember.   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Simple apply online then get call for interview. Then if pass interview drug test background screen, then offered job.

Interview Questions
    Simple told base salary no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in March 2013.

The interview is very simple. It is essentially a joke. The only thing anyone need worry about is making sure to get to the lab they send you to for a urine drug-screening test within 24 hours of the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that your previous employer would ask less of you?   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in January 2013.

Went in early. Well dressed and fresh looking. I was told to sit on a bench by the registers for about 15 mins. After being called in I met the HR. Asked questions on leadership, scenarios for helping guests, and what could I bring to Target. Than I met the LOD of Logistic who asked the same questions. After that, I met the Back Room team lead who asked the same questions. All of them were very nice and not to forcing.

Interview Questions
    • The most Difficult question asked was how have I been a leader before and how can I bring leadership to Target. That was the first and most biggest value Target seemed to look for.   Answer Question
    Allow your interviewer to know that you enjoy customer service, fast pace work, and that you have leadership skills to lead others. Always respond positive and honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in December 2012.

There are a total of three interviews. The first one is over the phone. If they like the way you answered the questions over the phone, they will give you a call to go into the store for an in-person interview. In this interview they will take you in a group to see a short video of what the job is about. They will then take you one by one to have an in person interview, while everyone else is filling out a questionnaire. Finally, after all of this they will give you a call for the third "interview". I place the hyphens because it's more of a job offering. They inform you that you have to take a drug test in a given location within twenty-four hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target in November 2012.

(Note: this application process takes weeks ! ) Basically I applied on the store's computer terminal because they needed seasonal workers. Aside from your basic information,job experience, availability,they give you a personaility test, depends on what positions you choose to apply for, will depend how many questions you are asked. I got asked about 90, while my friends only 48. They basically want to see if you can work in a team, are a problem solver, and can work independently, and of course if you are a stable happy-go lucky person. Its annoying. Expect to spend more than an hour.
    Got called in a week for a phone interview. They asked me situaltional questions, the same as everyone has listed in here. They let me know I will be called in for a 1 on 1 in person interview.
    Another week later I was called by a manager to come in for 1 on 1 interview. The day came and I had to take an Assessment Test on the computer (30mins). The manager was down to earth and super nice. Interview went similar to the phone interview, with more situational questions..about what to do when you ring up and item and the customer tells you it's listed as a cheaper price on the shelf, or a mother looking for a particular shoe size for her son, what do you do ? etc. What are your strenghs and weaknesses blah blah. FInally after a long time, I was told to expect a call soon for a 3rd interview from a higher manager to finally be hired ! I was frustruated by this time due to the process taking so long and I just needed to make $ fast, cuz then I would prob wait another 2 weeks to actually get paid. By the time I got called in to come in, Its been 3 weeks into the process. I went in for an informal interview with the other manager and it went fine, they told me I got hired and gave me a slip to go take a drug test within 24 hrs. Done. All that for $ 8.25 an hour, and for only seasonal work, on top of that, they never give you 40 hours a week, always less...

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal. Recall a time when you had to deal with a customer complaint and how did you fix it. What are your Strenghs and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Process took way too long. Got another job cuz I really needed the Money right away, plus they weren't hiring for permament positions. Plus they Never give you 40 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target in October 2012.

I applied online and got a call the same day but missed that call so thankfully they tried again the next day and told me to come in five days later at 8am for an interview. This 'interview' was just a skills/personality test and then they said to come back next Monday to continue the process. This was a long process. I waited for over 2 hours before I was interviewed by the first person, waited some more for the 2nd person to interview me, then waited a little more and got the offer from an HR person in addition to instructions about taking the drug test. The total time was about 3 hours by the time I left.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do a lot of things in a short amount of time.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you greatly exceeded expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to finish a project as a team.   Answer Question
    • A woman comes in the store looking to buy some children's shoes but the size she's looking for on the shoe she wants isn't on the display. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, how did you fix it, and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question