Target Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online for a position that the website said was available. A HR team member called me and told me that I would be perfect for the position and went on to explain some details, THEN told me that the position actually wasn't open and that it started at $12.25 an hour. I have 8 years of retail experience and 4 years of management experience, so I asked if the hourly rate varied with experience and she said, "No. Everyone starts at that rate." This hasn't been the first time target has called me and stated that they no longer had the position open that I had applied for, but asked if I was interested in general sales positions. Don't waste your time with them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First I was contacted by the Target recruiter with a screening and an interview. Before interviewing I had to do an online assessment. The next stage was a tour, then two panel interviews. very good experience, seems to have a good culture of team and individual development.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Target in April 2015.

Interview

I talked to a target rep at a career fair. They asked me to sign up for an interview after talking to the rep for about 30 mins. The interview was the next day. I had 3 interviewers and they asked me behavioral questions.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online at the company website. Received an e-mail a few days later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter within the week. Had the phone interview last week and it went okay. I prepared for the interview, but I was just a bit nervous and eager on the phone. It really wasn't bad though.

It was short, seemed informal, and a more of a "get to know who you are" type of phone call. The recruiter asked about my work experience, why I want to work at Target, what I was most proud of at my previous work, which locations I would prefer to work at, what positions I was leaning towards and I think that's it. Whole phone conversation lasted about 7-10 minutes. At the end of the phone conversation the recruiter told me she will have someone call me the following week to schedule an interview. it's been over a week and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target? - Not a difficult question.
      Do you have any questions for me? I just asked to describe and clarify the different managerial positions and responsibilities.

Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

First you talk to a recruiter or apply online. I met with a recruiter through my school. Then I was set up with an on-campus interview. (Make sure you are minimum 15 min early). After this they decide if you will move forward which I did. I then was contacted from someone at Target headquarters to take an online assessment which was very very difficult. After that I was set up with an on-site interview. The onsite interview first consisted of a tour of the distribution center and an explanation of how the place was run. Then you go watch a HR video and are placed in 2 face to face interviews. Both of them interviews had a two person team asking you questions. They then say they may or may not contact you to tell you if you will be offered a job or not. I was sent a email saying I was not offered a job.

There was also 3 other guys there getting interviewed as well. I exchanged emails with one of the guys and he was not offered a job either.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online at Indeed.com and got a call from Human Resources within a week and a half. I had a short phone interview which ended with her saying she would call me when she had her interview schedule. I was finally able to get in touch with her, after 10 days (she is very busy) and she told me she had called me on her way the door on the first day we spoke. Apparently, my phone didn't realize I was receiving a call! Anyway, she opened the interview book and got me set up for the next day. When I arrived, I was directed to the computer kiosk, where I took a quick test which included personality-type questions as well as some math questions. Then I met with her and she was VERY nice. She then wanted me to meet with the Hardlines Team Lead, so I had a short interview with him. He asked a few "tell me about a time" questions, which were very easy to answer. He asked me what I expected to be paid, so I gave him my range, based on previous experience. After collaboration, they wanted me to interview with the Store Team Leader, who also was very nice. She asked me a couple of the "tell me about a time" questions, as well, but she also asked me a series of "can you do this and that" questions, which was just to see what my physical capabilities are. My final question to HER was "When can I expect to hear from you?" (because I DO feel I did rather well in the interview process). She said "tomorrow (Friday) or at the very least, early next week. It will be prompt."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something wrong. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

3 interviews total. Mostly situational questions (Tell me about a time...) and are assessing you based on your answer of situation, behavior, outcome format. Communication and level of enthusiasm counts

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a policy or procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted for a phone interview as I applied out-of-state. First phone interview was pretty standard. "Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for this company..." Then was contacted for a second phone interview which contained more situational based questions about my work experience. Third interview was face-to-face with district manager. Again, situational based questions based on experience. Pretty straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Interview

In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 executive team leaders, the store team leader, and the district team leader for a total of 4 interviews. All interviews start with the basics like what are your strengths/opportunities, why you want to work for Target/this position. Then you go into "tell me about a time" questions as well as "what would you do in this situation" questions that give an example of something that involves dealing with guests/managing team members. It's all standardized questions read directly from a pre-printed packet created by Target headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to challenge your supervisor.   Answer Question