Target

Updated Oct 26, 2014

3.2

130 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

I applied online at Indeed.com and got a call from Human Resources within a week and a half. I had a short phone interview which ended with her saying she would call me when she had her interview schedule. I was finally able to get in touch with her, after 10 days (she is very busy) and she told me she had called me on her way the door on the first day we spoke. Apparently, my phone didn't realize I was receiving a call! Anyway, she opened the interview book and got me set up for the next day. When I arrived, I was directed to the computer kiosk, where I took a quick test which included personality-type questions as well as some math questions. Then I met with her and she was VERY nice. She then wanted me to meet with the Hardlines Team Lead, so I had a short interview with him. He asked a few "tell me about a time" questions, which were very easy to answer. He asked me what I expected to be paid, so I gave him my range, based on previous experience. After collaboration, they wanted me to interview with the Store Team Leader, who also was very nice. She asked me a couple of the "tell me about a time" questions, as well, but she also asked me a series of "can you do this and that" questions, which was just to see what my physical capabilities are. My final question to HER was "When can I expect to hear from you?" (because I DO feel I did rather well in the interview process). She said "tomorrow (Friday) or at the very least, early next week. It will be prompt."

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you did something wrong. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

3 interviews total. Mostly situational questions (Tell me about a time...) and are assessing you based on your answer of situation, behavior, outcome format. Communication and level of enthusiasm counts

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a policy or procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interviewed with 2 executive team leaders, the store team leader, and the district team leader for a total of 4 interviews. All interviews start with the basics like what are your strengths/opportunities, why you want to work for Target/this position. Then you go into "tell me about a time" questions as well as "what would you do in this situation" questions that give an example of something that involves dealing with guests/managing team members. It's all standardized questions read directly from a pre-printed packet created by Target headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to challenge your supervisor.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

first is by phone second is by person, if you make it. You could have a third. At some places they do a "meet and greet" which is just to get to know you than processed to a second interview.

NA

Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Got the initial interview through my college campus recruiting. Had the first phone interview which lasted around 20 minutes. All the questions were related to your experience as a group leader. Second round of interviews was in person at the office. I was supposed to meet with two people and only met with one. She was about 30 minutes late and the interview only lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What long term goal changed your day to day operations?   Answer Question

I was an internal hire.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer will ask you random questions sometimes.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

It was a one on one interview, and the questions were not hard.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I applied through my school's career fair. Basically, if they liked you, they would ask you to sign up for an interview on the spot. If not, they would ask you to apply online. The questions were all situational questions. "Name a time when you....how did you conquer it?" I went through 3 interviews - the last one was with the District Team Leader. However, I heard that if you are scheduled with the DTL, you basically had the job in the bag already.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all situational. Name a time when you disagreed with what your boss. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Pay is negotiable to an extent. Get a feel for how much your city pays for minimum wage and how much they like you.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

There were 3 store level interviews and a 4th interview with the DTL. All of the interviews are one on one, but you have to get signed off on store level first. The DTL interview was only about 5 or 10 min. He asked about 3 questions and that was it. I found out within a few days whether or not I was signed off.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult. They're all situational questions, i.e. 'Tell me about a time...'   Answer Question