Target Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.3

129 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

3 interviews total. Mostly situational questions (Tell me about a time...) and are assessing you based on your answer of situation, behavior, outcome format. Communication and level of enthusiasm counts

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a policy or procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

I had two interviews. All questions were situation based. What would you do if....? A third grader could pass their interviews. Take your time and be detailed in your answers. Tell them what you did, and then tell them what you learned in that particular situation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult answers. They were silly questions that did nothing to weed out poor performers.   Answer Question
    They dont really negotiate. They have a base and want to start you there.

Team Leader Interview

In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Simple. Three part situation based questions. Focus on team work, personal leadership, and guest focus. Target is all about the guest. Tie every answer back to great guest service and team work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a team or group that accomplished its goals.   Answer Question
    Solid job offer to team members. Team leaders can negotiate up based on experience. Usually you can only negotiate up $1-2.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Target.

Interviewed with 2 executive team leaders, the store team leader, and the district team leader for a total of 4 interviews. All interviews start with the basics like what are your strengths/opportunities, why you want to work for Target/this position. Then you go into "tell me about a time" questions as well as "what would you do in this situation" questions that give an example of something that involves dealing with guests/managing team members. It's all standardized questions read directly from a pre-printed packet created by Target headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to challenge your supervisor.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

first is by phone second is by person, if you make it. You could have a third. At some places they do a "meet and greet" which is just to get to know you than processed to a second interview.

NA

Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target.

Got the initial interview through my college campus recruiting. Had the first phone interview which lasted around 20 minutes. All the questions were related to your experience as a group leader. Second round of interviews was in person at the office. I was supposed to meet with two people and only met with one. She was about 30 minutes late and the interview only lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What long term goal changed your day to day operations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Lengthy phone interviews and one series of interviews on site with the same questions asked over and over

I was an internal hire.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer will ask you random questions sometimes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

First I had to complete the online application. I subsequently interviewed three times with different people on the same day and was offered the position.

They started their offer low and acted like it would be a big executive decision to get me what I was asking for and then the store manager came in and gave a big speech about what they would expect of me if they gave me the amount I asked for and that it was highly unusual.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!