Target

Average Difficulty
125 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 executive team leaders, the store team leader, and the district team leader for a total of 4 interviews. All interviews start with the basics like what are your strengths/opportunities, why you want to work for Target/this position. Then you go into "tell me about a time" questions as well as "what would you do in this situation" questions that give an example of something that involves dealing with guests/managing team members. It's all standardized questions read directly from a pre-printed packet created by Target headquarters.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to challenge your supervisor.   Answer Question

Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – first is by phone second is by person, if you make it. You could have a third. At some places they do a "meet and greet" which is just to get to know you than processed to a second interview.

Interview Question – what would me your best customer service experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Team Leader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Got the initial interview through my college campus recruiting. Had the first phone interview which lasted around 20 minutes. All the questions were related to your experience as a group leader. Second round of interviews was in person at the office. I was supposed to meet with two people and only met with one. She was about 30 minutes late and the interview only lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Question – What long term goal changed your day to day operations?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy phone interviews and one series of interviews on site with the same questions asked over and over

Interview Question – Asked about failure alot.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – I was an internal hire.

Interview Question – The interviewer will ask you random questions sometimes.   Answer Question

Fort Smith, AR

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – First I had to complete the online application. I subsequently interviewed three times with different people on the same day and was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – They started their offer low and acted like it would be a big executive decision to get me what I was asking for and then the store manager came in and gave a big speech about what they would expect of me if they gave me the amount I asked for and that it was highly unusual.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview Details – The over process is really basic, you apply, if you meet qualifications expect a call, set up phone interviews, then in person, multiple interviews, then you wait and they usually offer you on the spot.The over process is really basic, you apply, if you meet qualifications expect a call, set up phone interviews, then in person, multiple interviews, then you wait and they usually hire you on the spot.

Interview Question – why target? need to do your research prior to interview   Answer Question

Team Leader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career fair. Basically, if they liked you, they would ask you to sign up for an interview on the spot. If not, they would ask you to apply online. The questions were all situational questions. "Name a time when you....how did you conquer it?" I went through 3 interviews - the last one was with the District Team Leader. However, I heard that if you are scheduled with the DTL, you basically had the job in the bag already.

Interview Question – The questions were all situational. Name a time when you disagreed with what your boss. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is negotiable to an extent. Get a feel for how much your city pays for minimum wage and how much they like you.

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – There were 3 store level interviews and a 4th interview with the DTL. All of the interviews are one on one, but you have to get signed off on store level first. The DTL interview was only about 5 or 10 min. He asked about 3 questions and that was it. I found out within a few days whether or not I was signed off.

Interview Question – The questions aren't difficult. They're all situational questions, i.e. 'Tell me about a time...'   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – It was a one on one interview, and the questions were not hard.

Interview Question – there was none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target Team Leader interview questions and advice. All 125 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.