Target

128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. All questions were situation based. What would you do if....? A third grader could pass their interviews. Take your time and be detailed in your answers. Tell them what you did, and then tell them what you learned in that particular situation.

Interview Question – There were no difficult answers. They were silly questions that did nothing to weed out poor performers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dont really negotiate. They have a base and want to start you there.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Question – I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Interview Details – Simple. Three part situation based questions. Focus on team work, personal leadership, and guest focus. Target is all about the guest. Tie every answer back to great guest service and team work.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were part of a team or group that accomplished its goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Solid job offer to team members. Team leaders can negotiate up based on experience. Usually you can only negotiate up $1-2.

Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 executive team leaders, the store team leader, and the district team leader for a total of 4 interviews. All interviews start with the basics like what are your strengths/opportunities, why you want to work for Target/this position. Then you go into "tell me about a time" questions as well as "what would you do in this situation" questions that give an example of something that involves dealing with guests/managing team members. It's all standardized questions read directly from a pre-printed packet created by Target headquarters.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to challenge your supervisor.   Answer Question

Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – first is by phone second is by person, if you make it. You could have a third. At some places they do a "meet and greet" which is just to get to know you than processed to a second interview.

Interview Question – what would me your best customer service experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Team Leader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Got the initial interview through my college campus recruiting. Had the first phone interview which lasted around 20 minutes. All the questions were related to your experience as a group leader. Second round of interviews was in person at the office. I was supposed to meet with two people and only met with one. She was about 30 minutes late and the interview only lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Question – What long term goal changed your day to day operations?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy phone interviews and one series of interviews on site with the same questions asked over and over

Interview Question – Asked about failure alot.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – I was an internal hire.

Interview Question – The interviewer will ask you random questions sometimes.   Answer Question

Fort Smith, AR

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – First I had to complete the online application. I subsequently interviewed three times with different people on the same day and was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – They started their offer low and acted like it would be a big executive decision to get me what I was asking for and then the store manager came in and gave a big speech about what they would expect of me if they gave me the amount I asked for and that it was highly unusual.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview Details – The over process is really basic, you apply, if you meet qualifications expect a call, set up phone interviews, then in person, multiple interviews, then you wait and they usually offer you on the spot.The over process is really basic, you apply, if you meet qualifications expect a call, set up phone interviews, then in person, multiple interviews, then you wait and they usually hire you on the spot.

Interview Question – why target? need to do your research prior to interview   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!