Target Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.2

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted for a phone interview as I applied out-of-state. First phone interview was pretty standard. "Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for this company..." Then was contacted for a second phone interview which contained more situational based questions about my work experience. Third interview was face-to-face with district manager. Again, situational based questions based on experience. Pretty straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Team Leader Interview

Interview

In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 executive team leaders, the store team leader, and the district team leader for a total of 4 interviews. All interviews start with the basics like what are your strengths/opportunities, why you want to work for Target/this position. Then you go into "tell me about a time" questions as well as "what would you do in this situation" questions that give an example of something that involves dealing with guests/managing team members. It's all standardized questions read directly from a pre-printed packet created by Target headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to challenge your supervisor.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

first is by phone second is by person, if you make it. You could have a third. At some places they do a "meet and greet" which is just to get to know you than processed to a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got the initial interview through my college campus recruiting. Had the first phone interview which lasted around 20 minutes. All the questions were related to your experience as a group leader. Second round of interviews was in person at the office. I was supposed to meet with two people and only met with one. She was about 30 minutes late and the interview only lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What long term goal changed your day to day operations?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Interview

I was an internal hire.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer will ask you random questions sometimes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I started as a sales floor team member and went through a total of three interviews. First one was with an ETL which is just a floor manager, second was with my store manager and the final interview was with the district manager. all Interviews were pretty standard, target as a company doesn't want robots working for them so they want to see your true personality. You must be able to speak about your strengths and opportunities. In general they want team leaders who are driven, have communications skills, and who aren't afraid to partner and reach out to their peers. Since I was a team member I was prepped for every interview, they basically held my hand through entire process and made sure I had the tools to pass.

Interview Questions

• The questions I remembered being asked were: Tell me about a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a certain policy or leader how did you handle it. Tell me about a hard time in your life how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

There were 3 store level interviews and a 4th interview with the DTL. All of the interviews are one on one, but you have to get signed off on store level first. The DTL interview was only about 5 or 10 min. He asked about 3 questions and that was it. I found out within a few days whether or not I was signed off.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't difficult. They're all situational questions, i.e. 'Tell me about a time...'   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied through my school's career fair. Basically, if they liked you, they would ask you to sign up for an interview on the spot. If not, they would ask you to apply online. The questions were all situational questions. "Name a time when you....how did you conquer it?" I went through 3 interviews - the last one was with the District Team Leader. However, I heard that if you are scheduled with the DTL, you basically had the job in the bag already.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all situational. Name a time when you disagreed with what your boss. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is negotiable to an extent. Get a feel for how much your city pays for minimum wage and how much they like you.

Team Leader Interview

Interview

It was a one on one interview, and the questions were not hard.