Target Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.2

Team Leader Interview

It was a one on one interview, and the questions were not hard.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Target.

I applied through my school's career fair. Basically, if they liked you, they would ask you to sign up for an interview on the spot. If not, they would ask you to apply online. The questions were all situational questions. "Name a time when you....how did you conquer it?" I went through 3 interviews - the last one was with the District Team Leader. However, I heard that if you are scheduled with the DTL, you basically had the job in the bag already.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all situational. Name a time when you disagreed with what your boss. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Pay is negotiable to an extent. Get a feel for how much your city pays for minimum wage and how much they like you.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target.

There were 3 store level interviews and a 4th interview with the DTL. All of the interviews are one on one, but you have to get signed off on store level first. The DTL interview was only about 5 or 10 min. He asked about 3 questions and that was it. I found out within a few days whether or not I was signed off.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult. They're all situational questions, i.e. 'Tell me about a time...'   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Long process interview with an 4 different higher ups
    Application is a 2 steps
    you will interview with an etl
    days later with another etl
    days later the store's stl
    and then with the dtl when his/her schedule allows
    You can here the results of the interview process immediately or up to a week email/mail

none

Team Leader Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

I was promoted from within, but if you're from the outside it's simple as putting in an application online or on the in-store kiosk. It comes down to being if you have open availability or availability to what the store wants. If you have that and they are hiring, they will call you in for an interview. I don't know the process of how they interview from outside for team leader, but from within you have to interview with store manager and district manager.

Interview Questions
    • It comes down to situations and outcomes. They'll ask questions about scenarios and want to know how you reacted and what your reaction did for the situation. You really want to answer in that format because they score you on that.   Answer Question
    I was promoted from within and tired to get my pay higher since I was with the company for so long before being promoted, and was told it's a standard amount and that they would be unable to make it anything higher.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

Situational based questions

Team Leader Interview

Nothing too hard.....usual questions on how you handle confrontational customers, team members who are not motivated to do well etc.

Interview Questions
    I came from a supervisor position at another company making $40,000 per year. The human resources manager at Target told me that she couldn't offer me any more than $15.00 per hour. Due to the close proximity of the store, I accepted a salary less than my previous salary.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

Went through several phone and on-site interviews before a position was offered.

unable to negotiate but pleased with offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Application on line. Three plus interviews. Took about a month. Hour long exam vefore interviews

Non negotiable offer

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Target.

Hired for a new store opening mass hire event

Interview Questions
    • Asked quite a few questions on how you would handle situations.   Answer Question