Target

128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Staten Island, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for a new store opening received a phone call about a week later inviting me to my college campus for an interview 2 weeks later. Went in, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful did a 1 on 2 interview with employees from a different store. Was asked a few questions about work experience and college education. 2 situation questions STAR format. Was hired on the spot, did a background check & drug test at the location.

Interview Question – What is you're weakness ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation the offer was generous one.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Good and thorough.

Interview Question – How would you handle an unhappy guest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very on demand....I said that because you may just be ready to go on one interview but it may become a series of interviews in one visit.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation at you former employer and how it worked out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate and got exactly what I wanted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team Leader

I applied through other source and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Typically a 2-3 interview process. First two interviews are at the store level and if you pass those you are recommended to move to the District Team Leader interview. I originally though that if you made it to this interview, it was a done deal (if the store approves you, so would the District), but this isn't the case. I've seen many candidates make it to the District level and not pass.
The questions are situational behavioral. "Tell me about a time..." or "What would you do..." Shoot for answers that are broad in scope (their impact was large) and complexity. Communication and professionalism are also scored - so answer each question with a thoughtful response.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you did about it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Team Leaders and Executives are started out at a base salary. Later on, high performance will allow you to move up pay scales rather quickly.

Team Leader

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the District Team Leader and sat down with him and the HRBP (Human Resources Business Partner for the district). I was asked a series of questions that I also received in my previous in store interviews. All in all it was a good and positive experience that I enjoyed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you weren't going to meet a goal. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate by asking "Is that negotiable?" but I didn't have to.

Dumfries, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details – "Round Robin" interview. 3 interviews with 3 different STL (store team leaders) one after another.

Interview Question – I was prepared, so no questions were that difficult. I was promoted from team member, so I had a leg up on new hires.   Answer Question

Team Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interviews are situational based questions. First interview is over the phone, the next is in person. For Team lead positions its with the Department executive, the store leader and possibly the district leader. All questions need to follow a clear path. What was the situation, what you did, what was the outcome.

Interview Question – These involve stories from your past experience. They are looking for how you work with people, thought processes and decision making ability. Can you collaborate with peers. What do you do when someone is angry? Do you go the extra mile or just the minimum to get the job done? They have a slight preference to job experience examples to school but they both work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate pay due to my education and the minimum educational requirements as well as my previous experience.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Lots of situational questions. Tell me about a time... etc.

Interview Question – None, really. I was well prepared for the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – The hiring process involved meeting with 2 people for an initial interview followed by a yes or no. Then there was a second interview with management. From here the response was they would contact me after reviewing all the applicants.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult customer service experience.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in August 2009.

Interview Details – When I was preparing for the team leader interview I had several rounds of mock interviews with team leaders and executive team leaders. This process was somewhat daunting, as everyone had different advice for the interview process. When I had my interview it was completed in one day by three different people. They each had a different part of the interview packet, and individual questions for me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to assume leadership of a situation in which none was delegated to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation