Target Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Very easy and simple interview questions, nothing to sweat about. Just be presentable and professional and you'll be fine. Came in, the interviewer asked me some very generic interview questions such as to describe myself, my strongest qualities and weakest ones.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

come interview fill out some paper work wait to be called then had a one on one with someone then answer a series of questions then that will determine hire or no hire when i did my interview i go hired on the spot they told me i was hired and i had to go do a drug test 24 hr prior to me being hired

Negotiation

none

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Called in for an interview within a week or two of applying for the position. Went through two interviews, took about 10-20 minutes each. Usually offered a position at the time of interview or within 1-2 days.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Asked to provide examples of adversity or difficulty, etc. The questions are fairly basic about previous employment and scheduling. Provide more than just yes/no answers-providing specific examples is important to succeed through the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

They typically offer you a set pay. Could try to negotiate based on experience or education but oftentimes you will be given what you are offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Sandy, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview wasn't too bad. There was one initial one and then you went into an ETL's office. Questions are fairly simply, especially if you go prepared and look up targets interview questions. If you're getting hired for seasonal, don't even sweat it. They'll hire anyone with a pulse.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty basic ones like "what are your strengths and weaknesses"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tell them how many hours you want and stress it. They often screw up my hours

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a few positions, which included filling out some questionnaires, before hearing back a couple days later via phone. They confirmed I was still interested and set up a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well enough and I was invited for a second interview in the store, scheduled a day or two later. During that interview I watched a couple of videos describing some of the positions I was interested in. I was then asked to select the one I was most interested in and best suited for and answered a few more questions before concluding the interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really unexpected or difficult questions. Mainly a lot of open ended, free response sort of things. Probably the most unsettling question resulted in me trying to convey what I would consider my weakness in the related environment to be. Though, as far as I'm aware, that's pretty standard fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pleasant, I was offered a higher hourly wage than I asked for.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Interviews begin with a phone interview by a team leader. Then if you pass that you will receive a second interview face to face with an executive team leader. Interview questions are situational. They are looking for a situation: set up the situation, a behavior: give specific examples of what you did to improve the problem or situation (give high quality examples that show your ability to admit mistakes, include others, communicate/collaborate, and delegate), an outcome: explain how the situation worked out in the end (include if you were recognized, you were promoted, you learned from the mistake, you created a routine).

Interview Questions

• During the second interview the executive will ask scenario questions. Make sure you always answer with the guest (customer) best interest. Target prides itself on providing exceptional guest service which means making it right for the guest. Just remember that fast, fun, and friendly is the motto! Also questions about integrity, just have some please if you want to work anywhere.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation depends on the position you are applying for. Salesfloor or fresh to Target can expect minimum wage. Leaders may be negotiable depending on experience and "time in."

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week later. I was asked five standard STAR questions, so prepare yourself for such inquiry. A day later, I got a call from the HM about tax accreditation. Talked to the automated machine and received my confirmation code. She invited me to an interview the next day at 2 PM. I got there early to snatch a kiosk and punch my confirmation code in, but neither kiosk was operating. Was sent to the break room and waited about fifteen minutes to be called in for the interview itself with the SM. More standard STAR and scenario questions ensued, and I was enthusiastic about the whole process. This particular store has an incredibly nice work force and a great atmosphere. She directed me to talk to another Team Leader (she was filling in for the HM, who was out today), and I was offered the job as a cashier about fifteen minutes from the initial first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult, they were more personal and common-sense oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was set - twenty-five cents above the minimum wage.

Team Member Interview

Interview

applied onsite and 2 easy interviews later got the job, all standard interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Jackson, MI).

Interview

Took several weeks to receive a call for an interview. Basic questions in interview. "Tell me an experience where you did well/poorly". "Why do you think you would fit in at Target?". "Why did you leave your past employer?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your boss was incorrect and you had to inform him/her   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for team member pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

very lengthy process, had 4 different interviews with ETL

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation