Target

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburg, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Target in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had a total of 3 interviews which was pretty ridiculous for this kind of job. One interviewer came off very mean just to test whether you can deal with mean customers. The other two were nice. They all asked the same questions which was redundant. After last interview hr person extended the job offer.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't expect to be able to get way above minimum wage.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview within a week or two of applying for the position. Went through two interviews, took about 10-20 minutes each. Usually offered a position at the time of interview or within 1-2 days.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Asked to provide examples of adversity or difficulty, etc. The questions are fairly basic about previous employment and scheduling. Provide more than just yes/no answers-providing specific examples is important to succeed through the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They typically offer you a set pay. Could try to negotiate based on experience or education but oftentimes you will be given what you are offered.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a few positions, which included filling out some questionnaires, before hearing back a couple days later via phone. They confirmed I was still interested and set up a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well enough and I was invited for a second interview in the store, scheduled a day or two later. During that interview I watched a couple of videos describing some of the positions I was interested in. I was then asked to select the one I was most interested in and best suited for and answered a few more questions before concluding the interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any really unexpected or difficult questions. Mainly a lot of open ended, free response sort of things. Probably the most unsettling question resulted in me trying to convey what I would consider my weakness in the related environment to be. Though, as far as I'm aware, that's pretty standard fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pleasant, I was offered a higher hourly wage than I asked for.

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Interviews begin with a phone interview by a team leader. Then if you pass that you will receive a second interview face to face with an executive team leader. Interview questions are situational. They are looking for a situation: set up the situation, a behavior: give specific examples of what you did to improve the problem or situation (give high quality examples that show your ability to admit mistakes, include others, communicate/collaborate, and delegate), an outcome: explain how the situation worked out in the end (include if you were recognized, you were promoted, you learned from the mistake, you created a routine).

Interview Question – During the second interview the executive will ask scenario questions. Make sure you always answer with the guest (customer) best interest. Target prides itself on providing exceptional guest service which means making it right for the guest. Just remember that fast, fun, and friendly is the motto! Also questions about integrity, just have some please if you want to work anywhere.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation depends on the position you are applying for. Salesfloor or fresh to Target can expect minimum wage. Leaders may be negotiable depending on experience and "time in."

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a week later. I was asked five standard STAR questions, so prepare yourself for such inquiry. A day later, I got a call from the HM about tax accreditation. Talked to the automated machine and received my confirmation code. She invited me to an interview the next day at 2 PM. I got there early to snatch a kiosk and punch my confirmation code in, but neither kiosk was operating. Was sent to the break room and waited about fifteen minutes to be called in for the interview itself with the SM. More standard STAR and scenario questions ensued, and I was enthusiastic about the whole process. This particular store has an incredibly nice work force and a great atmosphere. She directed me to talk to another Team Leader (she was filling in for the HM, who was out today), and I was offered the job as a cashier about fifteen minutes from the initial first in person interview.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult, they were more personal and common-sense oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay was set - twenty-five cents above the minimum wage.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online. It consisted of the typical forms and one of those long surveys about ethics. I received an email saying they weren't hiring, then the next day I received a phone call about interviewing.

I was interviewed by a Team Lead (I'm unsure of the equivalents but I'd guess this is a dept supervisor?), and since it was summer, an intern was there to observe and she asked a couple of questions, herself. Then, I was interviewed by an Executive Team Lead (assistant manager?) and he offered me a job and gave me a choice of departments to work in. I had to get a drug test within 24 hours of the offer.

Interview Question – There were actually no out-of-the-ordinary questions. Everything was what you'd typically expect in an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. It's retail.

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details – applied onsite and 2 easy interviews later got the job, all standard interview questions

Interview Question – Nothing hard   Answer Question

El Dorado Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in April 2009.

Interview Details – Target used to use only the in-store kiosk. I applied there, picked up the red phone, and was told that all positions were filled. I was called in for an interview one week later. I had the first and second interviews on the same day, and was hired on the spot. I was then sent for a drug test.
This took place in April of 2008. I began work May 4, 2008

Interview Question – This took place almost five years ago. I don't remember any difficult questions that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Jackson, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details – Took several weeks to receive a call for an interview. Basic questions in interview. "Tell me an experience where you did well/poorly". "Why do you think you would fit in at Target?". "Why did you leave your past employer?"

Interview Question – Tell me a time when your boss was incorrect and you had to inform him/her   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for team member pay

Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2012.

Interview Details – very lengthy process, had 4 different interviews with ETL

Interview Question – What kind of corporate policy did you disagree with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!