Target Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.4

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

come interview fill out some paper work wait to be called then had a one on one with someone then answer a series of questions then that will determine hire or no hire when i did my interview i go hired on the spot they told me i was hired and i had to go do a drug test 24 hr prior to me being hired

none

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Target.

Called in for an interview within a week or two of applying for the position. Went through two interviews, took about 10-20 minutes each. Usually offered a position at the time of interview or within 1-2 days.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Asked to provide examples of adversity or difficulty, etc. The questions are fairly basic about previous employment and scheduling. Provide more than just yes/no answers-providing specific examples is important to succeed through the interview   Answer Question
    They typically offer you a set pay. Could try to negotiate based on experience or education but oftentimes you will be given what you are offered.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in October 2013.

I applied online for a few positions, which included filling out some questionnaires, before hearing back a couple days later via phone. They confirmed I was still interested and set up a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well enough and I was invited for a second interview in the store, scheduled a day or two later. During that interview I watched a couple of videos describing some of the positions I was interested in. I was then asked to select the one I was most interested in and best suited for and answered a few more questions before concluding the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really unexpected or difficult questions. Mainly a lot of open ended, free response sort of things. Probably the most unsettling question resulted in me trying to convey what I would consider my weakness in the related environment to be. Though, as far as I'm aware, that's pretty standard fare.   Answer Question
    It was pleasant, I was offered a higher hourly wage than I asked for.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Interviews begin with a phone interview by a team leader. Then if you pass that you will receive a second interview face to face with an executive team leader. Interview questions are situational. They are looking for a situation: set up the situation, a behavior: give specific examples of what you did to improve the problem or situation (give high quality examples that show your ability to admit mistakes, include others, communicate/collaborate, and delegate), an outcome: explain how the situation worked out in the end (include if you were recognized, you were promoted, you learned from the mistake, you created a routine).

Interview Questions
    • During the second interview the executive will ask scenario questions. Make sure you always answer with the guest (customer) best interest. Target prides itself on providing exceptional guest service which means making it right for the guest. Just remember that fast, fun, and friendly is the motto! Also questions about integrity, just have some please if you want to work anywhere.   Answer Question
    Negotiation depends on the position you are applying for. Salesfloor or fresh to Target can expect minimum wage. Leaders may be negotiable depending on experience and "time in."

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target.

I applied online and got a call a week later. I was asked five standard STAR questions, so prepare yourself for such inquiry. A day later, I got a call from the HM about tax accreditation. Talked to the automated machine and received my confirmation code. She invited me to an interview the next day at 2 PM. I got there early to snatch a kiosk and punch my confirmation code in, but neither kiosk was operating. Was sent to the break room and waited about fifteen minutes to be called in for the interview itself with the SM. More standard STAR and scenario questions ensued, and I was enthusiastic about the whole process. This particular store has an incredibly nice work force and a great atmosphere. She directed me to talk to another Team Leader (she was filling in for the HM, who was out today), and I was offered the job as a cashier about fifteen minutes from the initial first in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult, they were more personal and common-sense oriented.   Answer Question
    The pay was set - twenty-five cents above the minimum wage.

Team Member Interview

applied onsite and 2 easy interviews later got the job, all standard interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Took several weeks to receive a call for an interview. Basic questions in interview. "Tell me an experience where you did well/poorly". "Why do you think you would fit in at Target?". "Why did you leave your past employer?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when your boss was incorrect and you had to inform him/her   Answer Question
    No negotiation for team member pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Target in November 2012.

very lengthy process, had 4 different interviews with ETL

no negotiation

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Target in August 2012.

I filled out the application online. It consisted of the typical forms and one of those long surveys about ethics. I received an email saying they weren't hiring, then the next day I received a phone call about interviewing.

I was interviewed by a Team Lead (I'm unsure of the equivalents but I'd guess this is a dept supervisor?), and since it was summer, an intern was there to observe and she asked a couple of questions, herself. Then, I was interviewed by an Executive Team Lead (assistant manager?) and he offered me a job and gave me a choice of departments to work in. I had to get a drug test within 24 hours of the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were actually no out-of-the-ordinary questions. Everything was what you'd typically expect in an interview.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one. It's retail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in July 2012.

I applied online and was contacted by phone for an interview about 1 or 2 weeks later. The interview was scheduled for Thursday at 1PM, which was 5 days from then. However, I got another call on Wednesday saying that interviews has been rescheduled to Monday, but the times are the same. I arrived at Target around 10 minutes early and was directed to an employee room. They gave me a packet with a questionnaire that asked what would be the best and worst things to do in various situations. I had to complete the questions in the break room and wait until I was called for the first interview. There were about four other people in the break room who were also waiting. After waiting for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, I finally was called for my first interview. The guy who interviewed me seemed like a rookie and a bit indifferent. He first confirmed my availability, past work experience, and position I was applying for. Then he read a series of questions from a packet that required you to explain the situation, what you did in the situation, and the outcome. There was barely any eye contact during the interview because he took a long time writing down my answers. After that, I was sent back to the break room to and had to wait about 15 minutes for my second interview. The second interview was exactly the same as the first except with a couple of different questions with a different interviewer. They said that they would e-mail or call me about their decision since they still had more people to interview. I got an e-mail a couple of days later saying that they were "unable to offer you a position at this time."

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you helped someone. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to perform a task that was a stretch of your stills. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work in a group/ with a partner. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a mistake. What did you do to fix it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What are you strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question