Target Warehouse Worker Interview Questions

2.6

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midway, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midway, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

Safety is the main focus because warehouse workers mostly work with power equipment. This was for the start up of two new distribution centers. Training to operate the power equipment was taking in steps and it took up to a month for a person to certified to operate a power without a trainer.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Warehouse Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target.

they use the STAR method... like what you would do in certain situations, how you would react if someone did this or to you. Some are kinda strange questions but i guess its just to see how you answer so they get a idea who you are. If you are not sure what STAR means just look it up on the net it will give you some ideals and questions so you can prepare.

Interview Questions
    • if there is anything you could change about were I worked what would it be.   Answer Question
    didn't have one

Warehouse Worker Interview

i had two interviews before being hired. one was a phone interview and the other was a face to face interview. they asked typical questions that would expected at every interview

this is what you get and that's final

Warehouse Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target.

an extensive online application which was followed up by a phone call to set up an interview. before the interview a 30min or so "test" which contains basic math/logic testing as well as fairly in depth personality questions. on-site interview asked many behavior based questions including questions such as times when you have volunteered or times where you had to make a difficult decision to make.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond at a work place   Answer Question
    For the warehouse (non-management) there really was not any negotiation.

Warehouse Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Target.

apply online, go interview with SGL, be confident....

Interview Questions
    Do you want the job, HELL yea... When can i Start.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuarts Draft, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuarts Draft, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target in September 2012.

This hiring and interview process was for seasonal workers who can become full time employees at the end of the 90-day period. Target states that using seasonal workers is their way of utilizing an extended interview as well as for the obvious spike in sales.

You first have to register online, and you will need your Social Security number. They will ask you to give them all of the information that you would find on a typical resume: where you have worked, education, jobs held, etc. After completing that section they will ask that you take a behavioral test. It's very simple and they ask you questions like, “Would you ever break safety rules to get a job done?” After you have completed your online profile they will call you for a face-to-face interview.

Once you show up (bring a photo id) you will have to take another test of approximately 15 questions. Most of the questions are math based. They will ask you to look at a graph and compute a number that would show which employee performed more work than another. Another question will be how long one shipment will take to get to a city versus another shipment. The questions aren't hard - basic math and an understanding of percentages is enough to get through it. Target states that the results will not reflect on whether you are hired or not.

Following the test, you will be interviewed by 1-2 people. They will first show you how much per hour they pay and what the shift differential is. Then, they will show you the available shifts and you have to rank them in order of importance to you. The interviewer/s will ask you six questions and all of them are about your experiences at previous employers. “Tell me about a situation where you made a mistake at work and how did you respond?” “Tell me about a time you had difficulty with a manager/employee and how did you handle it?” “Tell us about a time you were interrupted at work?” “Did you ever stop working on something and point out a safety hazard to your supervisor?” If you have any work experience at all you should be able to answer the questions easily.

The whole interview process, including the online registration, the test at Target and the actual interview will take about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work and how did you recover?   View Answers (2)
    There is not a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lugoff, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in May 2012.

I applied online received a call a week later for an interview. When I first got there they had me and a group of other applicants fill out a IQ test,then we went for a tour of the facility. We were then sat In a room and waited to be interviewed,I was interviewed by two people at the same time. I was told I would be contacted If i fit the qualifications and I would progress further with a drug test and physical fitness test. I got a call a week later and went and took a drug test and fitness test the fitness test involved putting on a heart monitor and stepping up and down on a box to a series of beeps for 3 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you and a co worker had an issue and what was the end result?   View Answer
    • Name a time you observed, or were involved in a safety related situation.   View Answer
    no negotiation, pay scale already set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target in July 2011.

This was my first interview I applied online got called the next day for an interview. They made me take an IQ test on one of the computers when I didn't know the location of the computers I asked an employee and she was very nice and showed me where and who to talk to. The test just had some questions about averages and basic math skills. I had 2 interviews with them the first was a team leader she asked be basic questions like greatest strength, weaknesses, times you've helped others and so on. The second interview was with one of the execs and she asked the same questions pretty much just with a little different wording both were extremely nice and chatted a bit and laughed it was a fun interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

Pretty basic.just asked questions of work ethics and about safety and the usual stuff

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a disagreement with your boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lugoff, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target in June 2011.

I applied online and it took about a month to hear anything back. I had given up on the opportunity and continued searching elsewhere. The interview room and waiting room had about 100 people in them and eight of us were hired. I was given a drug test and a physical consisting of lifting and stepping up on a stool, they were also very strict on blood pressure.