Target Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target (Leesburg, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very basic and casual. Took a brief online assessment (very similar to the one completed online during the application process) and then met with the sales floor team lead followed by the ETL HR after that. Mostly situational-based questions and a brief review of my availability and prior work history.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an item rings up at $19.99, but the customer tells you it is $17.99.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Target (Chantilly, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Since it was my first jobs they relates a lot of questions to school and my life. Interview was overall easy for me, they have no drug test at target. If they give you an offer for payment...take it they won't go up any higher, and prepare to work like a robot, they expect you to come in at 2am-10am/12pm and come in and do it all over again

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied on October 17th and received a call on the 18th to come in for an interview on that Tuesday. They asked me about my availability and experience and "why Target" I kind of stumbled with my answer which made me have doubt. I came in on that Tuesday and was told to take a Questionnaire. After that I was waiting to be interviewed and unfortunately they post-poned it until Friday. So I was starting to have doubt because I really studied for it. The interview on Friday was pretty smooth. Again I was asked about my availability and some scenario questions. Also "Why Target". In each interview they will ask you that so stick to what you said. I had 2 interviews altogether. The second interview is just another confirmation of your ability and like 3 more scenario's. If they are interested they will hire you on the spot. After that they do a background check and you should have orientation within a week if your background is clear. I did orientation this Saturday and my 1st official workday is tomorrow... Yay ^__^

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is best to study for the interview. Dress for success. Bring your resume if you have one.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Target (Greenbelt, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewer ask simple questions like my goals, weakness and strength and also about my work history. I submitted a candidate profile online for this position and received an email from a recruiter the next day to schedule a chat. I talked to the recruiter on the phone for a few minutes about what the interview process would be like and answered a few general questions about why I want to work for Target and what I was looking for in the job

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target (Falls Church, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

If you apply online you will be called to confirm your interest in the position and will be scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview can be up to an hour late than the scheduled time. Then if they like you they will schedule an in person interview.

You will be asked each time they contact you WHY you want to work for Target. They also ask situational questions such as what if a customer said an item was a different price than what it rang up as. Also what you could improve on (aka weakness). You will also have to fill out a situation form selecting the best and worst answers on a multiple choice test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, they made it clear you either accepted the pay rate or were not hired.

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Target (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interview was easy HR calls you does a phone interview ask situation question and etc then ask you when can you come in for a one on one interview same question has the phone one . My brother help got me this job lol after the interview you sitl down with the HR and they talk about what days you can work and how much your going to get pay and give you some papers and tell you to go to the clinic for a drug test. Then i got call a for a orientation you do get pay for it btw. after the orientation they well give you a tour around the store and then give you your temporary discount card and your schedule.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Target (Reston, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online via Target website. After completing a basic assessment online I received a phone call a few days later setting up a phone interview. Several days after the phone interview i was called back for an interview with the Store Lead. Before meeting with the STL, (Store Team Lead), I had to complete an in-store questionnaire on one of their computers which included some personality questions, nothing unusual. I then had a brief interview with the STL (only about 10 minutes) where he offered me the job immediately since I had a degree. He asked basic retail experience questions and presented a few scenarios that I had to respond to. A very easy, pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• None. Standard questions in both the phone interview and in-person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target (Washington, DC).

Interview

I initially began the process in late January. I was informed about the ETL position through mutual friends who worked for Target. First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, I was told that I would be contacted with the next few days to schedule an interview with an STL (store team leader). I was called the NEXT day and asked to come in for an interview with the STL. The interview was about 45 minutes long. I was asked about 4-5 questions which I followed the "situation, behavior, and outcome model". You MUST follow that format in order to continue on in the hiring process. Three days later I received an email requesting to schedule and interview with the DTL (district team leader). That interview was similar to the first interview. A week later a was invited to meet with the human resources group leader to interview. The entire hiring process was one month.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to use relevant and detailed examples of past work experiences in your interview answers and follow the situation, behavior, and outcome model. Overall, present yourself in a polite and positive manner. Be sure to smile A LOT and exhibit an interest in growth and team building strategies.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Target (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very easy, nice people, no pressure, at least two interviews, decision was made right away, training was a breeze. A lot of support from management...like i said very easy, no sweat

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Target (Gainesville, VA).

Interview

There was a brand new store being built so the interview process was pretty basic. I was in high school at the time and all that was really needed was passing a drug test, an ability to articulate your words, be friendly, count money and be able to lift 50 pounds.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is how much we're paying you, take it or leave it.