Target Interview Questions in Washington, DC

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in September 2013.

If you are applying here, prepare for a figurative Dog and Pony show. I lost track of how many different people I had phone conversations with, met in person or how many online personality tests I took. However, the worst aspect of this whole ordeal were the six random behavioral based questions everyone seemed to ask you. Anyway, I applied online, had a phone conversation with someone in HR, then the process went from there, where I met or talked with various Store Team Leaders or Executive Team Leaders and one Business Partner.

Unbiased advice:Stay away from this company.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed in a task or goal, what did you do?   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate a raise and I was told "Target's offer is fair, and in line with many other entry level positions in the area."

Basically, 'Take it or leave it, bub.'

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in May 2010.

Applied at computer in the store. Had one interview with a supervisor. The interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. Mostly questions about how you work with people and if you can handle a fast paced environment. Then basic questions about availability and the shifts you are willing to work. Pretty easy interview.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Went through the Target website, took awhile for an interview, interview came in 3 stages, was asked questions, met with a Senior TL, met with HR and they liked what they saw and extended me an offer. Before I or they could accept me, I had to go to testing.

Interview Questions
    Didn't have much of one.

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Target in June 2014.

If you apply online you will be called to confirm your interest in the position and will be scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview can be up to an hour late than the scheduled time. Then if they like you they will schedule an in person interview.

You will be asked each time they contact you WHY you want to work for Target. They also ask situational questions such as what if a customer said an item was a different price than what it rang up as. Also what you could improve on (aka weakness). You will also have to fill out a situation form selecting the best and worst answers on a multiple choice test.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations, they made it clear you either accepted the pay rate or were not hired.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Target in March 2014.

Very easy, nice people, no pressure, at least two interviews, decision was made right away, training was a breeze. A lot of support from management...like i said very easy, no sweat

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in January 2014.

Received a phone call the day after submitting the application to set up interview. I interviewed the next week with HR manager, then AP manager, then store manager. Received job offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic run of the mill customer service questions. Nothing out of the ordinary if you have any retail or customer service experience what so ever.   Answer Question
    They offered me $12 an hour. I asked for $16 an hour. They counter offered with $15.75 and I accepted. Very easy negotiation.

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Target.

Interview was easy HR calls you does a phone interview ask situation question and etc then ask you when can you come in for a one on one interview same question has the phone one . My brother help got me this job lol after the interview you sitl down with the HR and they talk about what days you can work and how much your going to get pay and give you some papers and tell you to go to the clinic for a drug test. Then i got call a for a orientation you do get pay for it btw. after the orientation they well give you a tour around the store and then give you your temporary discount card and your schedule.

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Really basic questions about what you would do in hypothetical situations. Included questions about work ethic and past experiences. A lot of "Tell me a time..."

No real negotiation.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

I initially began the process in late January. I was informed about the ETL position through mutual friends who worked for Target. First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, I was told that I would be contacted with the next few days to schedule an interview with an STL (store team leader). I was called the NEXT day and asked to come in for an interview with the STL. The interview was about 45 minutes long. I was asked about 4-5 questions which I followed the "situation, behavior, and outcome model". You MUST follow that format in order to continue on in the hiring process. Three days later I received an email requesting to schedule and interview with the DTL (district team leader). That interview was similar to the first interview. A week later a was invited to meet with the human resources group leader to interview. The entire hiring process was one month.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to use relevant and detailed examples of past work experiences in your interview answers and follow the situation, behavior, and outcome model. Overall, present yourself in a polite and positive manner. Be sure to smile A LOT and exhibit an interest in growth and team building strategies.   Answer Question

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Target in August 2012.

Pretty easy process just tell them about yourself and why you would be a good fit for the position you applied for.They answer questions that will determine if you have the qualities of the candidate that will fill the position.

Interview Questions
    They gave me the job condition form,told me what my pay was,told me where to o for a drug test and when orientation would be.I signed some papers and that was that.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!