Tata Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.9

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications.

Interview

F2F interview with 3 managers lasting 4 hours; It was a very thorough assessment of my skills and how I can apply it into a service provider environment. All 3 managers were very receptive to my points of view. Hiring manager told me that I will not hear from them for a long time since they are trying to hire a team. So it took 45 days to get an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths? My weaknesses? Mostly questions regarding my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tata Communications.

Interview

University recruiting , later called into their NJ office where there were 4 rounds , all about project descriptions / behavioral . Initially it was a technical position then they turned it to business analyst position because they didn't enough funds.

Interview Questions

• Networking, some basic coding questions (not asked to code), lot of behavioural   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone call with Recruiter, and then with hiring manager. Recruiter checked my reference, and provided feedback after each call. I interviewed with the Hiring manager, Sr engineer, Sales Manager, and VP of sales.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Chennai (India)).

Interview

After applying for the position NOC engineer, First round was a telephonic interview the call is to ask some technical questions related to the technology i worked (SDH). After clearing the telephonic interview, HR contacted me to attend a face to face interview at the company location. The interviewer was very nice and he asked what is necessary for the position. We were three persons, me and my two colleagues with more experience than me. The position requires only less experience and my profile was good for them.

Interview Questions

• SDH frame structure SDH alarms (LOS,AIS,RDI) Synchronization PDH Basic idea of DWDM   1 Answer

Support Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tai Seng (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Tai Seng (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Only thing that irked was that the interviewer kept hard selling the company by constantly stressing that the company is the biggest in the world and has interests in practically everything ( a bit like the Umbrella Corporation). HR only practices one-way communication and needs improving or else applying for a role in this organization is just one big exercise in time wasting.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in this role at your previous employer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

4 stages of interview 1. Telephonic round (30 minutes) 2. Interview round by the immediate manager (30 minutes) 3. Interview round with CEO office (20 minutes) 4. Interview with the HR Negotiation on salary went on for 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Questions on Work experience.. What is Logistic regression,. What kind of projects you have worked on.. How you approach a problem   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Communications (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Process is fast! Interview was between Okay-Hard. Communication was good. It took less than 3 weeks to finalise the hiring process and to get the offer. Process was disorganised.They will never call you on the scheduled meeting time..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR was little in forcing nature..And he will use words like"this is final we can offer you"

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Relatively simple.. Communication was really good. Conduct ted the interview in a good manner with tbe heads. Hr level co ordination was good. Salary on offer not disclosed no feedback given post the interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Communications in October 2014.

Interview

first there was a PPT in which they explained abt the company and its business. initially i did not know much abt company but in their PPT i was really very much impressed. only ECE students were allowed for placement by tata communications. after that there was written test that comprised of 2 sections..1 technical 2. aptitude in technical there were very basic questions from basic electronics, computer networking, operating systems in aptitude qustions were quite easy, from profit loss,percentage,time-speed, interest,simple ,calculations based..but speed matter here a lot.. total (tech + apti) there were 50 questions from 60 mins out of a total of 290 students 45 were shortlisted for next round. next round was technical interview. in technical interview they were asking qustions like: 1. tell me abt urself 2.explain ur project they ll ask you ur domain (they prefer it computer networks and optical communication related) 3. basic networking questions. 4.c programming and data structure questions from tree and linked list (i was also shocked, why they are asking data structure, but don;t worry they just expect the algorithm from you) my technical interview lasted for 20 mins after that i was called for HR interview.. HR lady asked me only single question.."tell me abt yourself"..and she was impressed.. next day i got the result and i was selected..

Director - Product & Propositions Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Communications (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

- They Didn't Even Turn Up to Their Own Interview!! Unbelievably poor experience. Arrived at reception for scheduled interview, 15 mins ahead of time. Started to get the distinct feeling that excuses were being made. And sure enough, apparently there had been a 'diary mix' up: with the two chaps (hiring managers) who were supposed to be interviewing me not even in the office! They quickly improvised a meeting, therefore, with the HR manager in a messy meeting room fully of dirty, discarded coffee cups. He didn't even seem to know much about the role or the hiring department ways of working. Then they went on to say it was a perm role - even though I was put forward on the basis of it being an interim position! So a complete waste of time and money attending (I'd even rang ahead earlier that day to confirm the meeting was still on, and it was informed that it was!). I called time on this improvised, unstructured meeting after 20 minutes, and told them I had better things to do with my time than be disrespected in this way. Absolutely crazy experience, and totally disrespectful of people who are exploring whether they should work for them. This experience obviously gave me all the insight I needed into what it would be like working there. It appeared that they had been recruiting for this role for 6 months: no wonder really if they carry on in this way!