Tata Consultancy Services
3.3 of 5 6,532 reviews
www.tcs.com Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got this company through campus placement.

1. First there was an online aptitude test for all students who have got less than 8.25 CGPA.
2. Next there was a technical interview. They asked about my favourite subjects. Then the interviewer asked some questions on my favourite subjects. He asked me to explain about my academic projects. Then he asked about softweare engineering.
3. next was the hr interview. The interviewer just asked me whether i was ready to work in any place.

Interview Question – The most difficult and unexpected question I was asked was whether I am wiling to work in any part of the country.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2012.

Interview Details – written test- aptitude questions and logical reasoning. no english or verbal questions.
interview- technical : c programming questions, questions from your stream.
hr: very easy. normal hr interview. questions like 'tell me about yourself' , being an electronics engineer why do you wanna join software, your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – they asked me a math puzzle in the interview. was tough. i dont remember exactly what it was now though.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was a campus interview. First step was an online written test, full of aptitude questions, 60 out of 220 students were selected after written test. Next step was Technical Interview. 50 out of 60 were selected. Next was Managerial Interview. 42 out of 50 were selected. The last round was HR Interview. 21 out of 42 students were finally selected.

Interview Question – What would you do in a fictitious and dynamically changing world where you have reached the end of the world and the land behind you is collapsing, how would you escape?   View Answers (2)

Bhilai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – Four rounds: consisting of written exam , then there was technical interview, then HR (human resources ) round .
offer letter was given few weeks later

Interview Question – weird programming question not fit for me as of mech. engg. background   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wanted a core sector job being a mechanical engineer.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2012.

Interview Details – We had to first clear the aptitude round which consisted of 30 questions to be answered in 80 minutes. Some of questions were difficult and most of them were of medium difficulty. After clearing the aptitude round we had three rounds of interview. One technical one HR and one MR. Technical interview was full of questions pertaining to electronics( me being in ECE) and two riddles. HR and MR was pretty easy with questions only on me like tell me about yourself, describe yourself in one word etc.

Interview Question – Write SR flip flop by using JK filp flop   Answer Question

Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2008.

Interview Details – On campus hiring, Written test, 2 rounds of interview

Interview Question – All questions were along expected lines   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – hiring and interview process was good.

Interview Question – sql is relational db or not   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – students above 75% in 10th,12th and B.E(upto 6th sem) had direct interview and the rest above 60% had to write apti.....Mine was a direct interview

Interview Question – In depth questions asked about your core branch   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – There were three interviewers in the pannel number 11...
initially they took abuot 25 minutes to have a look at my resume....
i got tensed up...
but when i entered the pannel, they made me to feel comfortable and all went smooth and pleasant...:)

Interview Question – about cooking... :P   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiters were excellent. The aptitude test was bit difficult because this was our first time.
Rest the technical and hr interviews were simple.

Interview Question – Can you dance?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Software Engineer Trainee interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.