Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Online aptitude test , Technical interview and then Hr round . The Hr round was just a formality but technical interview also comprised of Managerial round . Online aptitude test was purely analytical.

Interview Questions

• Why would you joinc TCS if some other good company would give you a job .. for ex IBM hires you now , then why would you reject IBM and join TCS ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Greater Noida (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Off-campus drive
    First, The computer based test on aptitude.
    Second, 3 rounds on 1 day. These are Technical, HR & MR. I just had tech round. Q asked were from resume, electronics(my specialization) and C/C++/Java. Didn't know any programming language so rejected.

Interview Questions

• What you say is the same answer given by all. You just copy.   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

written test- aptitude questions and logical reasoning. no english or verbal questions.
    interview- technical : c programming questions, questions from your stream.
    hr: very easy. normal hr interview. questions like 'tell me about yourself' , being an electronics engineer why do you wanna join software, your strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• they asked me a math puzzle in the interview. was tough. i dont remember exactly what it was now though.   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

hiring and interview process was good.

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

students above 75% in 10th,12th and B.E(upto 6th sem) had direct interview and the rest above 60% had to write apti.....Mine was a direct interview

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

There were three interviewers in the pannel number 11...
    initially they took abuot 25 minutes to have a look at my resume....
    i got tensed up...
    but when i entered the pannel, they made me to feel comfortable and all went smooth and pleasant...:)

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

We had to first clear the aptitude round which consisted of 30 questions to be answered in 80 minutes. Some of questions were difficult and most of them were of medium difficulty. After clearing the aptitude round we had three rounds of interview. One technical one HR and one MR. Technical interview was full of questions pertaining to electronics( me being in ECE) and two riddles. HR and MR was pretty easy with questions only on me like tell me about yourself, describe yourself in one word etc.

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

For the campus recruitment drive, TCS shortlisted candidates on the basis of a quantitative aptitude test, conducted online. The difficulty level was moderate to tough. The shortlisted candidates were made to go through three stages of interviews- technical, managerial, and HR. In the technical round, questions pertained to the discipline of engineering, and a lot of puzzles were asked in the managerial interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of puzzles were asked to test the spontaneity and abstract thinking of the candidate. for example, given two sand clocks, one measuring 5 minutes, and the other measuring 7 minutes, how can you measure 16 minutes?   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a campus interview. First step was an online written test, full of aptitude questions, 60 out of 220 students were selected after written test. Next step was Technical Interview. 50 out of 60 were selected. Next was Managerial Interview. 42 out of 50 were selected. The last round was HR Interview. 21 out of 42 students were finally selected.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a fictitious and dynamically changing world where you have reached the end of the world and the land behind you is collapsing, how would you escape?   2 Answers

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

There was an aptitude test. Shortlisted candidates had to go through three rounds of interviews- Technical, HR, MR. In Technical round, be prepared to answer anything out of all the subjects in your curriculum. Also if your aggregate is 70% above or you're in top 5 rankers of your branch, there is no need for you to sit for apti..u can directly appear for intervew.

Interview Questions

• In a Linked List, using one parse, how can you extract the 2nd last element?   Answer Question