Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

A campus interview, first basic aptitude questions written test followed by an interview. Mix of HR and technical question. Interviewer was very chilled out and asked easy questions.
Just prepare basic C questions for those who do not have programming background.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an aptitude test followed by three rounds of interviews. The questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Most of them were related to the resume,your projects,past work experience and few easy C++ questions.On and all a good experience.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Totally they will conduct three rounds. One was online screening, technical and HR.
    Very formal. Easy questions and professional college recruitment.
    first round was very easy as most of the question came from dump.
    overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Will computer run without OS?   1 Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Just one written round and one in person. Since TCS is a mass recruiting company, it hires most graduates from tier-B or tier-C colleges in India in huge numbers.

In my college, around 400 students took the written test. Almost everyone cleared that. After the in person interview(which was conducted in mass too. I was sitting with the interviewer in a hall with around 50 more candidates and interviewers.

Not many technical questions. Most questions are like (swap 2 nos without using a 3rd variable).
    Selection is purely random.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the Tv shows I watch and magazines I read.
      Plus standard questions like "why TCS"

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. TCS does not negotiate with recent graduates. Salary is fixed . If you have no other choice , join , or else reject their offer. They dont care. There are always people to fill the void. Moreover, the quality of work does not demand a very skillful employee.

Application

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.

Application

Interview

Very simple and basic questions. Nothing difficult. Not many personal questions. Combination of technical and HR. Interviewers were very friendly. It lasted for half an hour. Questions were mainly based on C programming language. Mainly focusing on strings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The selection was based on a computerized IQ\Skills and Personality Test Followed by a face to face interview in my university campus.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself growing in the company and if you are ready to work in any Locations?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First, a person will contact you to arrange time for the interview. For internship, I have two 1-hour phone interviews in the same day. It'd better to have at least 2 weeks to prepare after you get the contact from Google. Also the phone signal might be bad so be prepared to have alternative way to contact. The first question is about bitwise operation. Study from Cracking the Interviews might help.

Interview Questions

• Design a class where you can add elements, and return the mean of the latest N elements.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a job at career fair held at my college. I had an aptitude test and then a technical round along with HR interview the next day. I was offered the job that same day. I got 3 months training in which I was taught .net and then transferred to hyderabad to work in my relative field.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

College campus recruitment, there was just one round which included both Technical and HR. Over all process was easy but little tricky though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation