Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Three level of interview process.
Technical - was very difficult and very detailed, they asked me about C programming and some mehcanical questions.
HR - Very clear and gave suggestions for improvement on the things that I lacked.
Management - generic question like why TCS? Why not Infosys etc

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Application

Interview

it is basically a single round interview with all the rounds. and asked about database design. They also asked about team management questions. There are three people in the panel asking about different types of questions.

Interview Questions

• how to avoid redundancy in database without any schema constraints, use any sql command   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

A campus interview, first basic aptitude questions written test followed by an interview. Mix of HR and technical question. Interviewer was very chilled out and asked easy questions.
    Just prepare basic C questions for those who do not have programming background.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an aptitude test followed by three rounds of interviews. The questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Most of them were related to the resume,your projects,past work experience and few easy C++ questions.On and all a good experience.

Application

Interview

Totally they will conduct three rounds. One was online screening, technical and HR.
    Very formal. Easy questions and professional college recruitment.
    first round was very easy as most of the question came from dump.
    overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Will computer run without OS?   1 Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Just one written round and one in person. Since TCS is a mass recruiting company, it hires most graduates from tier-B or tier-C colleges in India in huge numbers.

In my college, around 400 students took the written test. Almost everyone cleared that. After the in person interview(which was conducted in mass too. I was sitting with the interviewer in a hall with around 50 more candidates and interviewers.

Not many technical questions. Most questions are like (swap 2 nos without using a 3rd variable).
    Selection is purely random.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the Tv shows I watch and magazines I read.
      Plus standard questions like "why TCS"

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. TCS does not negotiate with recent graduates. Salary is fixed . If you have no other choice , join , or else reject their offer. They dont care. There are always people to fill the void. Moreover, the quality of work does not demand a very skillful employee.

Application

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.

Application

Interview

Very simple and basic questions. Nothing difficult. Not many personal questions. Combination of technical and HR. Interviewers were very friendly. It lasted for half an hour. Questions were mainly based on C programming language. Mainly focusing on strings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Check eligibity criteria then Aptitude test then Face to face followed by HR round then Group discussion. interviewer will be very calm good and knowledgable person. Be clear with interviewer never hide any thing

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The selection was based on a computerized IQ\Skills and Personality Test Followed by a face to face interview in my university campus.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself growing in the company and if you are ready to work in any Locations?   Answer Question