Tata Consultancy Services

www.tcs.com

Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
443 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Very simple and basic questions. Nothing difficult. Not many personal questions. Combination of technical and HR. Interviewers were very friendly. It lasted for half an hour. Questions were mainly based on C programming language. Mainly focusing on strings.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Need to program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – The selection was based on a computerized IQ\Skills and Personality Test Followed by a face to face interview in my university campus.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself growing in the company and if you are ready to work in any Locations?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – First, a person will contact you to arrange time for the interview. For internship, I have two 1-hour phone interviews in the same day. It'd better to have at least 2 weeks to prepare after you get the contact from Google. Also the phone signal might be bad so be prepared to have alternative way to contact. The first question is about bitwise operation. Study from Cracking the Interviews might help.

Interview Question – Design a class where you can add elements, and return the mean of the latest N elements.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – I got a job at career fair held at my college. I had an aptitude test and then a technical round along with HR interview the next day. I was offered the job that same day. I got 3 months training in which I was taught .net and then transferred to hyderabad to work in my relative field.

Interview Question – I was asked to write an algorithm for a problem.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – College campus recruitment, there was just one round which included both Technical and HR. Over all process was easy but little tricky though.

Interview Question – Will you relocate..?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview, no written tests for percentages above 75.

Interview Question – Puzzles   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Written test followed by psychometric test. Once you clear that, you are called for a face to face technical and Management interviews. If you clear those, then you are called for C or Java test. Once you have cleared all those, you would be given the offer letter and once you accept the offer letter, you would be provided with a joining letter in due course with details of when and where to report on your first day.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Initial interview at campus - set of analytical questions, next interview - technical round, final interview - HR round

Interview Question – Java polymorphism question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – I was asked questions about the courses I took during undergrad. The people interviewing me seemed really interested in my coursework. I wasn't asked a single technical question. My HR interview was a joke. They recruited more than half the batch from my college.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for TCS?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – Technical round followed by Hr

Interview Question – All on basic programming.   View Answer

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!