Tata Consultancy Services

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

498 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Just one written round and one in person. Since TCS is a mass recruiting company, it hires most graduates from tier-B or tier-C colleges in India in huge numbers.

In my college, around 400 students took the written test. Almost everyone cleared that. After the in person interview(which was conducted in mass too. I was sitting with the interviewer in a hall with around 50 more candidates and interviewers.

Not many technical questions. Most questions are like (swap 2 nos without using a 3rd variable).
Selection is purely random.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding the Tv shows I watch and magazines I read.
    Plus standard questions like "why TCS"
      Answer Question
No negotiation. TCS does not negotiate with recent graduates. Salary is fixed . If you have no other choice , join , or else reject their offer. They dont care. There are always people to fill the void. Moreover, the quality of work does not demand a very skillful employee.

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Very simple and basic questions. Nothing difficult. Not many personal questions. Combination of technical and HR. Interviewers were very friendly. It lasted for half an hour. Questions were mainly based on C programming language. Mainly focusing on strings.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

The selection was based on a computerized IQ\Skills and Personality Test Followed by a face to face interview in my university campus.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself growing in the company and if you are ready to work in any Locations?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

First, a person will contact you to arrange time for the interview. For internship, I have two 1-hour phone interviews in the same day. It'd better to have at least 2 weeks to prepare after you get the contact from Google. Also the phone signal might be bad so be prepared to have alternative way to contact. The first question is about bitwise operation. Study from Cracking the Interviews might help.

Interview Questions
    • Design a class where you can add elements, and return the mean of the latest N elements.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I got a job at career fair held at my college. I had an aptitude test and then a technical round along with HR interview the next day. I was offered the job that same day. I got 3 months training in which I was taught .net and then transferred to hyderabad to work in my relative field.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

College campus recruitment, there was just one round which included both Technical and HR. Over all process was easy but little tricky though.

No negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

3 rounds of interview, no written tests for percentages above 75.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Written test followed by psychometric test. Once you clear that, you are called for a face to face technical and Management interviews. If you clear those, then you are called for C or Java test. Once you have cleared all those, you would be given the offer letter and once you accept the offer letter, you would be provided with a joining letter in due course with details of when and where to report on your first day.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Initial interview at campus - set of analytical questions, next interview - technical round, final interview - HR round