Tata Consultancy Services
3.3 of 5 6,575 reviews
www.tcs.com Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Getting the Interview

413 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – I got a job at career fair held at my college. I had an aptitude test and then a technical round along with HR interview the next day. I was offered the job that same day. I got 3 months training in which I was taught .net and then transferred to hyderabad to work in my relative field.

Interview Question – I was asked to write an algorithm for a problem.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – College campus recruitment, there was just one round which included both Technical and HR. Over all process was easy but little tricky though.

Interview Question – Will you relocate..?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview, no written tests for percentages above 75.

Interview Question – Puzzles   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Written test followed by psychometric test. Once you clear that, you are called for a face to face technical and Management interviews. If you clear those, then you are called for C or Java test. Once you have cleared all those, you would be given the offer letter and once you accept the offer letter, you would be provided with a joining letter in due course with details of when and where to report on your first day.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – Initial interview at campus - set of analytical questions, next interview - technical round, final interview - HR round

Interview Question – Java polymorphism question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – I was asked questions about the courses I took during undergrad. The people interviewing me seemed really interested in my coursework. I wasn't asked a single technical question. My HR interview was a joke. They recruited more than half the batch from my college.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for TCS?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – Technical round followed by Hr

Interview Question – All on basic programming.   View Answer

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details – You first have to give an aptitude test and if you pass you are called for an interview which includes 3 rounds: technical, personal and behavioral. In the technical round you may either be facing one interviewer or a group of interviewers and depending on the things that are written in your resume you are questions. After this, there is personal interview where you are asking general questions about yourself and so on.

Interview Question – In the technical interview round, one of the interviewer's asked me as to what was Mahatma Gandhi's biography called?   View Answers (2)

Interview Details – Aptitude test,Technical,HR

Interview Question – behavioral questions were different   Answer Question

New Delhi, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2012.

Interview Details – Step 1 - Aptitude Test
Step 2 - 3 round of intervies

Interview 1 - tecnical (basic C/C++)
Interview 2 - behavioral
Interview 3- HR

Interview Question – Nothing difficult , have command on C/C++   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 413 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.