Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was an on campus process wherein the company had come to recruit freshers from BE and ME background. Initially there was a pre placement talk followed by an aptitude test consisting of simple quant and logical questions. After clearing aptitude, there was a technical interview followed by an HR interview for those who cleared the technical round. After clearing the HR round the candidate was selected and given offer letter

Interview Questions

• Basic code snippet in my comfortable programming language   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Technical Interview followed by an managerial interview and then a HR round Technical interview questions were mainly based on sorting methods and what I did in my internship. Managerial interview was a casual round where they asked you about your life and goals. HR round was basically to judge how you would fit in with the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a puzzle to solve in the technical interview about bulbs and switches how to know which bulb corresponds to which switch   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

There was a walk-in which I attended for software professionals having Microsoft Technologies experience. The Aptitude test was skipped for people having more than 2 years experience and so was for me. The technical interview was conducted by 3 persons for around 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed to be quite experienced Project leads. Had prepared very well for a long time and also had good hands on exp. hence could create a very good impression. Was asked to attend the next round i.e. Management Round wherein a very senior person interviewed me - a Group Leader around 15 years experience. He took a note of my flexibility, clarity of thought and maturity ..questions like...How do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years down the line? etc. He finally assured me that I was almost through. The next was the HR round wherein I was briefed on general information about the organization and also asked several relevant questions like Why TCS? Why do you feel like leaving your previous organization ? etc. I then left after a total of around 4 hours and was told that I would be informed on phone whether I'm through or not. I was informed in around 12 days and was asked to collect the offer letter and decide my date of joining.

Interview Questions

• i had prepared for this interview for almost 2 weeks rigorously and for a long time prior to that as well, so as to cover each and every technical area as well as the plan to drive the interview myself by conducting mocks etc. Because of this preparation things went almost the way I had expected. No surprises even though I was quite tense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary which my previous employer used to give was far too less than TCS average salary and hence there was not much room for negotiation or asking for something they would not be able to give.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

There is an aptitude round .Once selected a group of ppl interview (around 3).They ask technical and behavioral questions. It depends a lot on luck.Sometimes they ask really easy stuff.Be well verse with one programming language and your favourite subjects in engineering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Written Test (If you have <2 year experience) , Technical Interview, Manager and HR interview

Negotiation

Fix salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process had an aptitude and 3 rounds- Tech, Managerial and HR. Aptitude was a bit difficult but manageable. Technical round had questions from my branch(electronics and telecomm). I was also asked to write a code based on for loop and array. Both MR and HR were easy and was asked basic questions like relocation and working in shifts. Was given 7mins in MR to describe myself, my family, educational qualifications etc.

Interview Questions

• Was asked technical stuff about working of a telephone.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied through campus hiring and the process took two days. It was a very smooth process with everything done online by them. You just had to take two copies of your resume and your mark sheet. I had three rounds, Technical, Managerial and HR. The tech round was one where most questions were asked, mainly about past and current projects. A few questions on programming were also asked. Also, since my field is telecommunications, I was asked about Radars and antennas. Gave them a very detailed explanation about my final year project.

Interview Questions

• Had asked me about something related to telephony.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Fixed package for the entire college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview was arranged by consultancy. 4 rounds of interview 2 Technical, Managerial round, HR. Technical round was based on my previous experience on web applicaitons. MR round was just personal interview question. HR was just salary negotiation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was just one word of mine and company's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The 1st phase is written exam. 2nd phase - Technical Interview 3rd phase - HR Interview Written exam is only comprises of logical questions, Technical round was not so difficult, they ask questions around ur resume. so be sure whatever u wrote in ur resume (e.g. final year projects), u should know about it. HR round was easy, very prompt q which we can predict in any HR Interview. U just need to be confident. they ask to describe me and why should we hire u...bla bla...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

A written test of GRE format followed by two personal interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation since I was hired during a campus event