Tata Consultancy Services
3.3 of 5 6,532 reviews
www.tcs.com Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Getting the Interview

146 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer is a HR, there was no technical interview. Gave my intro.
 He asked about my academic projects. He basically tested my communication skills. Talked about my hobbies, technical skills, and finally about my position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Written test on verbal and IQ

Interview Question – Give an example of your adaptability skill.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2008.

Interview Details – First round of interview was IQ and English After clearing that had 2 rounds of interviews. First was technical interview, which was 1 Hr long and then next round was mental stress round.

Interview Question – Question based on Fraction from 11th std physics   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Campus Interview

Three Rounds-TR,MR,HR
TR- Introduce yourself,
MR- Why do you want to join TCS
HR- Just some checklists, Y/N type.

Interview Question – Difference between hard worker & smart worker   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – On campus interview.
First there was analytical test over computer.
Then face to face interview by a panel of two people.
They asked to introduce about myself. Then my strong areas.
They asked questions about those areas only i.e databse, SQL
They asked what is normalisation, How many types of normalisation are there.
Difference between left and right outer join
Difference between inner and outer join.
Then they asked a bit about microprocessors because I got my lowest grade in that

Interview Question – Name some of the microprocessors   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – online aptitude test and then i got a mail for technical and hr round interview.

Interview Question – simple question were asked from computer science subjects as I am cs student. And no programming questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was fixed.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview Details – Technical interview one to one on basics, 2 HR person, 3 candiates, WHY TCS? Where u see yourself after 5 yrs?

Interview Question – Would you like to work in Pakistan   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details – Interview is very easy for fresher level entry.

Interview Question – They ask good question to freshers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – Whole process took 8 Months since recruitment was off campus, Written test , Technical round, Managerial Review, HR round

Interview Question – What is that you learned on your OWN apart from your B.E/B.Tech curriculum(for fresher). Like you should have worked on LINUX, UNIX, SOLARIS OS.   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

Interview Details – On campus interview - Online exams on Verbal, Analtical and Critical thinking- One face to face interview with combined technical and HR related questions.

Interview Question – Not Much   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as the salary is fixed for campus recruitments

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tata Consultancy Services

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee interview questions and advice. All 146 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees and interview candidates.