Tata Consultancy Services Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Was contacted for a position with a client. Went through 1 interview with them and one with the client.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Richland, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Started by Supervisor phone interview followed by in person supervisor interview later followed by client interview. They asked about client specific requirements (technical). Same things were asked in-person but more in details. In person they negotiated salary also.

Interview Questions

• basic programming concepts specific client needs / technical questions salary negotiation   Answer Question

Negotiation

they were insisting on very low pay but with great medical insurance and other benefits. salary negotiation was hardest part as they always have very limited budget and they hire here only when there is dire need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Elizabeth, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Asked some questions about my current assignment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No use

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Technical and Functional Interview was conducted and was very intriguing and to the point. I was surprised by the quality of the interview and was very pleased. Again it all depends on the person who is taking the interview and how matured he/she is.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were aligned to my previous project engagements and were to the point to explain how the projects handled and their technical and functional aspects. Also asked about my aspirations and interests in relation to work and prospects.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

first round was written test,when you qualify there will be a group discussion then technical round and finally hr interview after every process there will be an elimination.if you get through all these round you will get selected

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Poor hiring process, the recruitor was unable to confirm a joining date. On the day of induction i was asked to go for medical tests being over 30 and my joining was postponed. Not at all organised recruitment team.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to meet the thresholds provided. The process has very stringent goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Direct offer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

Very clean, organized, transparent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seamless

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

aptitude test was the first round which was pretty difficult and time consuming following which there was verbal test .verbal test was basically creating a letter from few given sentences .following the verbal test was technical and hr interview . once you clear the aptitude round its fairly easy to get the job if you have good communication skills.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

90 minute face to face interview. Networking: IP networking - What happens when you browse for www.google.com. Multicast: PIM C programming: Reversing a linked list, how to find if a number is a power of 2. OS concepts: Priority Inversion

Interview Questions

• Deadlocks - How will you solve a deadlock on a deployed system without making code changes.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

1) Typical interview goes for 30 mins and it starts with behaviorial questions and eventually gets down to the technical details. 2) Though the position might not need technical expertize, make sure that you are prepared to answer technical interview questions 3) It will help to inquire in advance about the product you will support and know the competitors. Have a perspective on why TCS product might be better based on the clients and other details.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in this position in TCS? There are many other companies offering this position.   Answer Question